Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853860 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2021
tonnymexx:

My BSc background is Geography and planning science, after my graduation have been into business (buying and selling) in a shop, no salary.. Please which course can I go for? Concerning funds, But I dont have that financial buoyant to sponsor myself..
I will be glad to hear response from the gurus
Thanks
What year did you graduate?

Do you have a minimum of 2.1?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2021
kennyjoy:

Haaaaaa!!! I prayed you just get it resolved with them bank tomorrow, still planning to use them for form A.

Its very funny ooo. They finalized payment in a week when i first used them and the money then was much sef. This one is just confusing. Thry refuse to debit me and never gave any good explanation to it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ola240: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
dollymon:
On Seneca's int school fees payment option, there is an option for flywire. After selecting Flywire as your preferred option ( that's if you personally want to use flywire, there are other options there. I'm saying flywire cos that's what I used.) you have the option of paying via international bank transfer. Generate a payment ID and take it to the bank. Tell them you want to pay Via form A. You fill a form, and hopefully the bank debits you after "2 - 3" business days (depends on the bank too) and credits flywire. When flywire receives the payment, they credit seneca within 2 -3 days, then you can see your receipt t uploaded on the students portal for download.

For banks that are very fast, I wouldn't know, cos I used only one bank, but what ever bank you decide to use, make sure you sit on your acct officers head so that they process the payment fast for you.

Hope this info helps you...
thank you much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by link2ok(m): 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Well i don't really know about PG. CERT programs for Teaching related work experience.

By the way,

what subject or subjects are you teaching ?

Which Class are you taking (Nursery, Primary, Secondary)?

Apart from being a Teacher, is there a position assigned to you in the school?

I teach primary pupils specifically primary3 ( maths, English, science and socials)
Other duties aside teaching

-I prepare lesson and weekly plan
- curriculum mapping
-Setting science exam questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 11:01pm On Oct 24, 2021
This forum has been really calm this Week/Weekend.

This coming week, God please bless everyone awaiting PPR.
Direct and Lead everyone assembling their re-application.
Guide those making plans to start prep.

Amen.

Peace…

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 11:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Massive inflow of ppr this week insha allah. get ready guys.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Scott99tish:

Amen.
Amen in the name of Jesus Christ.!

Peace…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Slyview: 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Greeting house,

Pls who can assist me with the process/ requirements needed for someone to apply PGD in canada.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dunamite853: 11:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
@lekiboboe thank you for the reply i appreciate. can i message you? i tried earlier but it wasn't successful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Menakay:

He doesn't know what he's saying, UK doesn't share immigration information with US, Canada and Australia .
please do not mis inform people here.If u dont know something ,please u dont need to quote me.there are countries referred to as the 5 eyes countries that share imigration info.these countries are U.S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and U.k. they do it for security reasons and check. just use ur Google to confirm cos it's not even a secret.please do not mis inform ppl.u r d one that does not know what u are saying. be guided

its possible to get Visa after a ban like some witnesses have said but I have never seen one that was y I said he should 4get about it but now I knw its possible though more difficult.

The Five Eyes is an intelligence-sharing alliance consisting of the US, UK, Australia, Canada & New Zealand. The origins of the Five Eyes can be traced back to WWII.
In 1941, British and American intelligence members began engaging in secret meetings before signing the Atlantic Charter that August, which listed global objectives for the two countries beyond the conclusion of the war.

According to the UK’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), this Charter paved the way for the Britain-USA agreement, and later the UKUSA agreement, which was signed in 1946.
Declassified UKUSA intelligence documents confirm that the agreement was expanded to include Canada in 1948, and Australia and New Zealand in 1956, thereby creating the Five Eyes alliance, partly due to past shared Commonwealth heritage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 24, 2021
adetopsy1:

I’ll prefer the GIC for some personal reasons. Please how do I get to transfer money to my GIC account whenever I want to do that?

Thank you for your response
please any one that has ISBO link should post it for this brother here.but note that u may have to buy 10,000 CAD which is just a little above 8kUSD at black market price to fund ur GIC as the bank may not give u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
adetopsy1:

What is the advantage of this MBS. Have been seeing people talk about it here but can’t understand.
its more reliable as the bank will send it to the embassy direct and also u dont need to start printing long statement to upload on ur GCKEY.u just upload ur ticket number and password

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
It depends on your bank, not every bank offer MBS. if you're using GTbank or access bank you can generate it yourself with your bank app. If you don't understand how to, you could go to the bank they'll send it to canada and generate the MBS ID and password which you will attach with your documents for submission.
except if that has changed but last I checked u cant get it through ur mobile app with Access bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
EstherAda92:

Please do not say no, is better you say yes since you intend to work ur visa won't be withdrawn if you say yes, so why not say yes
ok oo.Am only working with what was advised on this thread some months ago.cant remember the guru but one of then suggested we say no since it's not a co-op program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
Abba nau. international students generally don’t need a separate work permit in order to work while studying in Canada, although there is an important exception. Some study programs require the student to complete a Co-op or internship work placement in order to be able to graduate. In this situation, international students require a Co-op work permit in addition to their study permit.

To get a Co-op work permit, you’ll need a valid study permit and a letter from your university or college confirming all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree. So if someone course doesn't require internship work placement why will he say he intends to work? I believe jay is right on this one.

abi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 25, 2021
Omiinii:
Patrick since you've already contacted CIBC and I'm guessing they already sent you the account details to send the funds to. I believe you should visit a major branch. I no understand how hardware token enter the discussion. You just tell them to transfer the money from your dom account. If they are still giving you excuses it's probable they don't know how to carry out the transactions, that's why it's advisable to go to a major branch. Good luck
wow.if they can transfer money to GIC account now,I wish to do it close to departure date o.how does this work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 12:39am On Oct 25, 2021
247humble:
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?
While you await the response of others, based on my opinion i don't think you should go ahead with the mentioned programs.

Its advisable you go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. CERT) Program related to your work experience in Automation Control & Instrumentation to show Career Progression.

That being said,

Do a google search on the following PG. CERT PROGRAMS, check the program overviews, course curriculum (courses taken in each program), tuition amount for international students, Admission intakes (WINTER, SPRING, FALL) etc. and go for the one that suites you

Industrial Automation
Niagara College, Ontario

Robotics and Automation
Sault college, Saint Saulte Marie, Ontario

Building Automation System Operations
Algonquin College, Ontario

Robotics and Industrial Automation (Optional Co-op)
Conestoga College, Ontario

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2021
CalcreteJB:
To start with, I'm a first time applicant and more of a silent reader on the thread.

The idea of getting a PR erupted in my mind in 2019 and I decided to take IELTS where I had an overall score of 8.0 but somehow Covid 19 came by and affected all the plans and I abandoned it midway, the zeal was never really there because I had always been an advocate of "Nigeria is filled with milk and honey, we can make it better, why leave for another man's country", hence, it was easy to let go of the idea.

The next phase started in November 2020 when I suddenly got tired of the country and the way we were headed. I woke that early morning without having an idea of the country I wanted to travel to even if its temporarily, though Canada had always been in my subconscious, however at this point I was ready and determined to step out of the shores of this country for once. I went online and researched, then I came across Victor Ola's Travel Guide to Canada without IELTS and I bought it. I studied it for some days, did further research online and commenced application into Canadian colleges. I wished I had come across this thread before now.

I applied to Durham College - got rejected based on educational gap;
Algonquin College - got rejected based on educational gap
Confederation College - abandoned the application because they referred that they use agents

Centennial College - got admission a month after my application (submitted First Degree transcripts, Certificate, CV with 8years experience in Constructions, Consulting and facilities management) without IELTS though I had one and applied to study Construction Management. I was advised to defer admission till Fall 2021 if I wanted to come to Canada based on Covid 19 procedures, otherwise I will have to settle for online classes if i wanted to commence classes in May 2021, so i opted for Fall (Sept 2021).

I was first issued a deposit admission letter to be replaced with a full admission offer letter after making a payment of $2650 to secure a spot as I was advised the spots for the course gets filled very fast. I immediately made the payment and secure the offer letter a week later.

I started arranging the required documents needed to commence temporary visa application. I forgot to mention I already have first and second degrees in Civil Engineering in 2011 and 2017 respectively with 8years working experience. However, I could not include the masters certificate because of my College aspirations (got to know about this through the guide I purchased, thanks to the guide too)

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. Admission Offer letter
2. Deposit Receipt issued by school
3. SOP - a strong one, home ties was strongly established through father's company
4. Letter of Introduction by Sponsor - Father
5. Letter of Sponsorship - Father's company
6. First Degree Certificate
7. Ordinary Passport - a recent passport picture
8. Police Clearance Certificate
9. Father's company statement of account
10. Father's passport pages with visiting visas to UK and China
11. Company CAC and list of company directors
12. Passport data page
13. Wife's appointment letter showing remuneration
14. CV
15. Marriage Certificate

Online application was finally submitted on June 26th
Biometrics Completed on June 28th
Then came the dead silence for about 3months,

When it became evident that it's likely I don't get a response before school resumes in September, I wrote to the school requesting to defer my admission to January 2022 and it was acknowledged and granted with a new LOA issued after 2weeks. I didn't however upload this, I only requested incase IRCC requested for additional documents.

I was becoming impatient and I had to raise a webform on the 28th of September, then came the Medical request on the 29th of September. After raising the webform prior to receiving the medical invite, I became glued to my profile hoping for an update but there came none, I got closed the IRCC tab on my laptop and stepped angrily out of my office at exactly 12noon on the 29th and stepped out of my office only to come back 30mins later and saw a mail asking to check my profile, it seemed as the VO treating my file saw me when I got angry and left my office.

Medical was done at IOM Abuja on the 13th of October and I uploaded the document issued by IOM through webform on the 14th. IOM confirmed medicals was okay and has been transmitted to IRCC on the 15th with IRCC updating my profile to medicals passed on the same 15th of October.

I checked my profile like every second from the 15th till I suddenly got a mail on the 18th around 11am, my heart almost fell out of my mouth and I saw BVL, I almost fell off my chair with joy and I was expecting PPR since I had read in the thread that some people got their PPR immediately after BVL. The day eventually ended without the PPR in sight, then I became slightly worried again.

The PPR eventually came in on the 20th around 11am, I was in a meeting when I saw the mail and I could not concentrate anymore. I took a toilet break and went into my office, locked the door and the blinds and prayed first then i proceeded to log into my profile and with my heartbeat already racing twice than normal. There lies the PPR and I went down on my knees to thank God for the favor for I am a sinner.

@Jay316 @Scott99tish @SwayB @beedyboy

There goes the story folks, the ending and landing part will be concluded when all is finally tidied. Thanks for the patience and I pray all being expectant of their PPR will get it In Sha Allah.
How much do you need to have in your account for this process?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:16am On Oct 25, 2021
Slyview:
Greeting house,

Pls who can assist me with the process/ requirements needed for someone to apply PGD in canada.

Thank you!
Hi,

Check the Website of the college offering the PG.CERT program you wanna go for, you would see their Admission requirements there and how to apply. If you are still having challenges in applying, send a mail to the international department or admission office of that college, they would respond to your enquiries.

By the way,

Go through the contents in the link below to see:
Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Things you should take note of

Make sure the PG.CERT program you want to apply is related to what you studied in your school (If you are a fresh graduate or graduated two to three years ago) or your Work experience

Very Importantly!!! Make sure the college you gonna be applying for the PG.CERT program to is a DLI (Designated Learning Institute) and offers PGWP (Post Graduate Work Permit). Don't make a mistake of applying to anyhow school(that is not a DLI and does not offer PGWP) even if they have a program of your choice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:20am On Oct 25, 2021
Slyview:
Good morning house,

Please i really want to confirm in the house with my HND lower credit, is it possible to get PGD admission into any of the technical college in canada?.

Thank you!

Slyview
I don 't know if HND LOWER CREDIT is same with a 3RD CLASS

while you await response from others, you should/would find the contents in the link below useful;

Possible Solution/Way for a 3rd class Graduate to get Admission for a PG. Cert program in a College
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422

Good luck!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dunamite853: 1:30am On Oct 25, 2021
please what guide did you purchase? @carlcrete
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dunamite853: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2021
Congratulations. please what guide did you purchase?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 2:23am On Oct 25, 2021
Lekiboboe:

While you await the response of others, based on my opinion i don't think you should go ahead with the mentioned programs.

Its advisable you go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. CERT) Program related to your work experience in Automation Control & Instrumentation to show Career Progression.

That being said,

Do a google search on the following PG. CERT PROGRAMS, check the program overviews, course curriculum (courses taken in each program), tuition amount for international students, Admission intakes (WINTER, SPRING, FALL) etc. and go for the one that suites you

Industrial Automation
Niagara College, Ontario

Robotics and Automation
Sault college, Saint Saulte Marie, Ontario

Building Automation System Operations
Algonquin College, Ontario

Robotics and Industrial Automation (Optional Co-op)
Conestoga College, Ontario

Good luck!!!

Thanks Bro, I appreciate your response! I have actually seen these Programs but the cost isn't my friend either,
Please, what is your option about the below scenario?

COURSE: Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
I intend to Register a 'Servicing Firm' with CAC before applying for Study Permit and my SOP will reflect Project Management for my Company.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION: HND in Chemical Engineering 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Please, can this fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 2:55am On Oct 25, 2021
247humble:

Thanks Bro, I appreciate your response! I have actually seen these Programs but the cost isn't my friend either,
Please, what is your option about the below scenario?

COURSE: Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
I intend to Register a 'Servicing Firm' with CAC before applying for Study Permit and my SOP will reflect Project Management for my Company.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION: HND in Chemical Engineering 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Please, can this fly?
You are welcome

Okay

Of a truth, education in Canada requires financial readiness.

To the bolded, await the response of the gurus on that

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adepeju1911: 3:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Scott99tish:
Hi @adepeju1911,
You have a strong point, which you must express in your SOP in detailed.
Your GCMS note will drop in your email. Just wait for it to tackle the right refusal reason.
So your LOE will do the work for that.

You need not show that company closed down, only if you’ve done so in your previous application then you should maintain your same storyline. If not, You can just express in a form that you left to start up your own from Experience gathered which should give you room for Career progression and come back home to your business with other home ties you had.

That you want to acquire more Administrative skill to be better.

I believe you should be fine.

Thanks boss.

Nothing was mentioned in the first application. Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2021
Scott99tish:

Amen.
Amen in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth

Peace…
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2021
Timegi99:
Eligibility has started. September 7th Applicant. Biometrics September 9th
i tap into this. Mine hasn’t started but i applied September 9th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2021
[quote author=247humble post=107027774]
Thanks Bro, I saw the Program but the Cost isn't my friend.

U are welcome!
I got LOA for the program at same DLI.
Expecting PPR soon.
May God Almighty guide us through... Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2021
SwayB:
Massive inflow of ppr this week insha allah. get ready guys.

So shall it be in Jesus Mighty Name.... AMEN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 6:32am On Oct 25, 2021
Lol, sorry ma'am, wasn't looking well

viviangogos:
Lol, I did not know that men answer Vivian too.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2021
The question is, are you going alone or with family? Either way, how you arrive at the total amount is, do a calculation of your total school fees, housing, feeding and upkeep for the duration of your studies. If you are going alone, you have to show that you have enough funds to also take care of your family back here at home.

4gunners:
How much do you need to have in your account for this process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Savvyciao: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2021
Timegi99:
Eligibility has started. September 7th Applicant. Biometrics September 9th

Did you do upfront medical?
Congrats in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.