Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853761 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
Romoke1995:
August 28 applicant
eligibility and medical request drop on the same day October 21st
Ppr this week ijn
I’m the next to testify
It will end in praise

I applied august 27
My application it seems nothing is going on there o. I don check tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
Wow!! Congrats man...
God go do our own oo.we go testify
Fleshofmankind1:
My PPR came in last night am the happiest man on earth now , i just saw it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
Sweetness24:
July 13th still waiting...request for updated LOA since Sept 30th,God will do it for us all

Your ppr is certain... U did upfront medicals right?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Patrick since you've already contacted CIBC and I'm guessing they already sent you the account details to send the funds to. I believe you should visit a major branch. I no understand how hardware token enter the discussion. You just tell them to transfer the money from your dom account. If they are still giving you excuses it's probable they don't know how to carry out the transactions, that's why it's advisable to go to a major branch. Good luck
PatrickOkunima:

It worked o. Something that has been giving me headache since last week. Thanks a million. May God reward you abundantly.

One more thing, are you familiar with the process of paying for GIC with GTBank dom account?

I went to the bank and they asked me to request for hardware token. With the token, they said I should be able to do it myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hello house. Quick advise please.
I am a June 11 applicant for September 2021 term. 3rd time applicant with upfront medical and biometric. My eligibility started 6days after on June 17.
Now I sent in a new LOA in late July based on advise from school that class was filling up for September 2021 and I should reapply. So I reappllied for May 2022 and sent them new LOA. Last week make it 19 weeks. I just checked my profile now and saw ghost update, but eligibility review changed back to we will let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility. What does this imply.
I have been sending webform and email reminders since last four weeks @Frankrobbn1 @Lekkiboboe and other gurus, kindly advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
Another sponsorship account? Did you state that you had two sponsors prior or it's the same sponsor but a different account?.I'm not sure of what the outcome will be but I'm pretty sure your application will take a while before it's concluded.If it's not necessary don't send it but if it is you can.Las las na your discretion go determine. I say this because your application is under active review some could say it's at its last stage.
AOROGBEM:
Please is there any way I can add another sponsorship account statement while my application is under review
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Omiinii:
Patrick since you've already contacted CIBC and I'm guessing they already sent you the account details to send the funds to. I believe you should visit a major branch. I no understand how hardware token enter the discussion. You just tell them to transfer the money from your dom account. If they are still giving you excuses it's probable they don't know how to carry out the transactions, that's why it's advisable to go to a major branch. Good luck

I have the instruction from CIBC already. I have applied for the token, but won't be using it. As you advised, I will go to a bigger branch. Thank you for your help. I very much appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
sweetoma:

Thank you so much for the response, how do I open the gic account ?

Well l don't think I know that but @ketima @Lekibboe @ Frankbonn can help u with that sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
How to open GIC in canada

First you go to there website https://pay.cibc.com/ISBO/payment/#/ and create a profile.
1. You are applying for student GIC program

2. Minimum amount is $10000, you can do upto $20000 but bear in mind that this money will only be available on tranches for a period of 8 months or so.

3. Select resident country

4. Do not check the I'd like to pay in canadian dollars box

5.. you will see an amount in USD click on it and continue, that amount will be held for 20 minutes while u fill the form

6. After filling the form you will be contacted by the bank in 1-2 business days with an account number to pay into

7.. proceed to the bank and make the payment from a USD account

NOTE: payment can be only made once before you arrive to Canada. And PAYMENT MUST BE MADE FROM THE SAME NAME ACCOUNT OTHERWISE THEY WILL RETURN YOUR MONEY

CC:
sweetoma:

Thank you so much for the response, how do I open the gic account ?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Newton2024: 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
justwise:
This is part 20

Part 19 here for reference purposes https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Visit Canadian embassy website here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp for more information and updates

Good luck to all TRV hopefuls and to many of you here helping out with answers and words of encouragement a massive thank you to everyone of you, your efforts here contribute to the success of this thread.

I graduated from a Nigerian university with a very good result and I wish to further my education oversea. I do not have complete five credits (as per UTME requirement) for the course I want to study in postgraduate. My question is; is O'level result with minimum of relevant five credit passes in WAEC, NECO or NABTEB a compulsory requirement for processing Msc admission Abroad?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adepeju1911: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Dear House,

Please I need candid advise.

I worked for a company between 2018 to 2020 as assistant Administrative manager.
The company closed down due to some reason beyond their control.

I registered my company "Limited" in 2020, which will focus on consulting and outsourcing. This company has not done much though but I have an enterprise company which I opened in 2018 that was for general business of buying and selling. I have registered the LTD with the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Labour for the outsourcing part.

But my first degree was Economics and I am going for Master of Administration in Leadership, I am giving the VO the point that I have a little knowledge of Administration. But prospective clients wants an outsourcing company with a background degree or second degree in Administration or outsourcing.

I am self sponsored.

The first application was bungled by the agent she didn't submit SOP, MBS and some other stuffs and it painful.
My hometies will be my wife, kids, business and parent.

Please hope I have strong point

I have drafted a new SOP and LOE and I am putting all documents in place.

Plus; my dad is a British citizen can I add his data page hope this won't cause any issue please. Though he runs a business here in Nigeria.

I have applied for my gcms, please will the gcms drop in my mail box or my gckey portal. I am a total novice on this journey and I am ready to right all my wrongs.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
Requesting a GCMS note will give you an idea of what's going on. I feel it may also have to do with the new LOA,as they may want to prioritize Jan 2022 applications (especially those that deferred their admission from Sept 2021 to Jan 2022)
MadeMan01:
Hello house. Quick advise please.
I am a June 11 applicant for September 2021 term. 3rd time applicant with upfront medical and biometric. My eligibility started 6days after on June 17.
Now I sent in a new LOA in late July based on advise from school that class was filling up for September 2021 and I should reapply. So I reappllied for May 2022 and sent them new LOA. Last week make it 19 weeks. I just checked my profile now and saw ghost update, but eligibility review changed back to we will let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility. What does this imply.
I have been sending webform and email reminders since last four weeks @Frankrobbn1 @Lekkiboboe and other gurus, kindly advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2021
Yes I did upfront medical and passed already..Amen o,I put my hope in Jesus
JosephYemsol:

Your ppr is certain... U did upfront medicals right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by link2ok(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ketima:

If you mean looking for PGD or PGC in education, you may find it hard to see. You need to be specific in your field. Curriculum, educational administration, elementary or early childhood education etc. So use that to search for your specific area of study.

The gurus will guide you well

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked and researched what I am seeing is ontario college diploma, since I already have a BSC, I don't thin I can apply for that. Please kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dunamite853: 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
hello everyone i am new here. i would like to know what degree to go for as i already have a masters from 10years ago in HR(UK) but i want to go for a totally different course with no experience in this new field. is it going to be a graduate diploma or another masters? i intend to travel with my children and husband but husband will mostly be here we own businesses. i don't want to use an agent, so please gurus hold me by the hand. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Viewoliver:
Good evening Friends,
Please, I need suggestions:

I just got admission for a 1-Year 'Electrical - Industrial' Certificate which I applied earlier but I realized it could be seen as lack of career progression as an HND holder. I have HND in Chemical Engineering 2010; with years of experience in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Considering Study Permit approval possibility, should I proceed with the admission OR apply for a PG Certificate in Project Management or any other relevant PG Certificate Program?

Based on your years of experience in Automation and Control Instrumentation, I would suggest you go for PG Certificate on Industrial Automation at Niagara College, Ontario. I think that will show career progression.
Thanks Bro, I saw the Program but the Cost isn't my friend.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by possessor1: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please how do you go about submitting a new LOA from a different school you didn't use in your application while your application is still in progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 247humble: 7:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
Please gurus in the house help me analyze this scenario as per VO view;

COURSE: Post Graduate Certificate in Project Management
I intend to Register a 'Servicing Firm' with CAC before applying for Study Permit and my SOP will reflect Project Management for my Company.
PREVIOUS EDUCATION: HND in Chemical Engineering 2010.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years in Automation Control and Instrumentation.

Please, can this fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
My people ooo, Fanshawe don show me today ooo. Dem talk say as per the first semester tuition fee balance wey access bank never process, i no fit join them for january. They even talk am say make i differ my admission to May 2022.

E hot and e choke oooo.
Access bank go receive visitor with cutlass tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Leyemoshood: 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Romoke1995:
August 28 applicant
eligibility and medical request drop on the same day October 21st
Ppr this week ijn
I’m the next to testify
It will end in praise

Congratulations on your medical request.

People should normalize doing upfront medicals, if you had done it, that medical request would have been PPR. God will make it drop next week as you so desire in Jesus name.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Teemenzo:
My people ooo, Fanshawe don show me today ooo. Dem talk say as per the first semester tuition fee balance wey access bank never process, i no fit join them for january. They even talk am say make i differ my admission to May 2022.

E hot and e choke oooo.
Access bank go receive visitor with cutlass tomorrow.

Haaaaaa!!! I prayed you just get it resolved with them bank tomorrow, still planning to use them for form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kendrickkk: 8:43pm On Oct 24, 2021
Applied may 13
Medicals requested September 16
Medical passed October 13
No update ever since...

How long does it take to get BVL & PPR after passing medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hi @adepeju1911,
You have a strong point, which you must express in your SOP in detailed.
Your GCMS note will drop in your email. Just wait for it to tackle the right refusal reason.
So your LOE will do the work for that.

You need not show that company closed down, only if you’ve done so in your previous application then you should maintain your same storyline. If not, You can just express in a form that you left to start up your own from Experience gathered which should give you room for Career progression and come back home to your business with other home ties you had.

That you want to acquire more Administrative skill to be better.

I believe you should be fine.

adepeju1911:
Dear House,

Please I need candid advise.

I worked for a company between 2018 to 2020 as assistant Administrative manager.
The company closed down due to some reason beyond their control.

I registered my company "Limited" in 2020, which will focus on consulting and outsourcing. This company has not done much though but I have an enterprise company which I opened in 2018 that was for general business of buying and selling. I have registered the LTD with the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Labour for the outsourcing part.

But my first degree was Economics and I am going for Master of Administration in Leadership, I am giving the VO the point that I have a little knowledge of Administration. But prospective clients wants an outsourcing company with a background degree or second degree in Administration or outsourcing.

I am self sponsored.

The first application was bungled by the agent she didn't submit SOP, MBS and some other stuffs and it painful.
My hometies will be my wife, kids, business and parent.

Please hope I have strong point

I have drafted a new SOP and LOE and I am putting all documents in place.

Plus; my dad is a British citizen can I add his data page hope this won't cause any issue please. Though he runs a business here in Nigeria.

I have applied for my gcms, please will the gcms drop in my mail box or my gckey portal. I am a total novice on this journey and I am ready to right all my wrongs.

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Congratulations on your medical request.

People should normalize doing upfront medicals, if you had done it, that medical request would have been PPR. God will make it drop next week as you so desire in Jesus name.

God bless you oo
I kukuma did upfront medical on the 12th iom refuse to send my result till date ..and now medical request don drop by itself ...I’m sure they will update it this week so ppr can follow .
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
Tinakem:

If u can open GIC account and put the money there or do fixed deposit it will be better to avoid lump sum as we heard VO are familiar with sales of this and that. More suggestions from our gurus here

Not sure gic will work in this case...he first has to secure admission from any of the schools he applied...gic will definitely ask for admission letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kendrickkk:
Applied may 13
Medicals requested September 16
Medical passed October 13
No update ever since...

How long does it take to get BVL & PPR after passing medicals?

There’s no specific timeline as we all know ircc. Just keep to your faith and hope for a faster positive decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
link2ok:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked and researched what I am seeing is ontario college diploma, since I already have a BSC, I don't thin I can apply for that. Please kindly advise.
What is the name of the course you studied in the University?

Do you have a 2.1 or 2.2?

What year did you graduate?

Is your degree related to your work experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timegi99: 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2021
Eligibility has started. September 7th Applicant. Biometrics September 9th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
Dunamite853:
hello everyone i am new here. i would like to know what degree to go for as i already have a masters from 10years ago in HR(UK) but i want to go for a totally different course with no experience in this new field. is it going to be a graduate diploma or another masters? i intend to travel with my children and husband but husband will mostly be here we own businesses. i don't want to use an agent, so please gurus hold me by the hand. Thanks
10 years ago is a very obvious study gap, that being said, in this scenerio of yours, you are expected to go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG.CERT) program related to your Work experience since you graduated. You would be able to convince a VISA OFFICER on your SOP with this cos there is a career progression (purpose of visit to Canada). Anything other than that, might likely give a VISA OFFICER the mindset you just want to JAPAA(relocate) to CANADA.

Going for a different program with no academic background, no experience has a very slim chances of STUDY VISA APPROVAL. A visa officer would likely not see this as a good study plan.

Await response from others on your bolded question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
labasulla:

Hello Boss,

I am a second time applicant but I awaits my GCMS. The first application was done by an agent and there was no SOP attached to the application. Hence, 3 reasons for my application rejection. I have drafted an new SOP.

Can I submit the LOE alongside the SOP??
To the bolded, YES.

Your LOE must address the reaosns why your application was refused (as stated by the VO on your GCMS notes)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by link2ok(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lekiboboe:

What is the name of the course you studied in the University?

Do you have a 2.1 or 2.2?

What year did you graduate?

Is your degree related to your work experience?

I had 2.2, I graduated in 2014.
I graduated with Bsc Boochemistry, but I have been teaching for 7+yrs, my degree is not related to my work experience.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
link2ok:

I had 2.2, I graduated in 2014.
I graduated with Bsc Boochemistry, but I have been teaching for 7+yrs, my degree is not related to my work experience.

Thank you.
Well i don't really know about PG. CERT programs for Teaching related work experience.

By the way,

what subject or subjects are you teaching ?

Which Class are you taking (Nursery, Primary, Secondary)?

Apart from being a Teacher, is there a position assigned to you in the school?

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.