Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (858325 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jay316:
mine took 4 days if I minus weekend and public holidays. I submitted on Monday and got mine today.Tuesday last week was public holidays so I would say mine was 4 days.Submitted to the DHL close to airport though.their head quarter I think, at Isolo

Yes. I noted that Lagos to Abuja is faster than Ph to Abuja.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
beedyboy:

Let her scan and send to you.

Peace

What about my bank statement?? Can’t she get it done inside the bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Iffylove:
Congratulations to all our ppr awardees grin grin grin grin today................
To all ppr hopefuls in the house, God will also make us shout for joy soon
AMEN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2021
ManLikeB:

What about my bank statement?? Can’t she get it done inside the bank?

Your bank can do anything for you as long as they offer such services.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DooLiz: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Please how can one book an appointment at VFS for biometrics?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2021
Olamiteni:
Thank you for the prompt response, I just thought it was not compulsory.. is it too late to do it please??

Not too late you can go for it now or wait till IRCC request for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
You didn't say before nau. I thought you'll go first then bring them along later. Please discard everything I said previously I felt you'll go first and use your family as ties as that is the easier way.
sweetoma:

Yes I’m applying with my whole family, husband and 5 yr old son
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Efeosa5(f): 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
Yeah, I'm sure
I just wanted someone who has gone through it all, and was successful to answer me outside the platform cos I'm sure if I ask anything I'd be referred to page 1 or 2.
Ketima:

We all here are already friends. So long as you're here, all you need will be met and answered by the house and gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

DooLiz:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2021
sweetoma:

I have landed property and a house with tenants, I can also get a stamped letter from my company that I will receive a promotion upon completion of my studies. I have a mom who is dependent on me as i am the only girl and in laws too who are dependent on my husband. Also we have a business that is registered but it’s not been doing too well since COVID as we had to shut down for a while and restart. So the account statement isn’t too active. Will this suffice?
please dont put that those ppl are dependent on u ooo.cos u may have to explain how those ur dependents will be taking care of y u r studying. yes,they are ur ties as u r close to them and vice versal but dont put them as ur dependents.

it will also help for u to have evidence of ownership of the house and rental agreements between u and tenants and if possible you should receive some payments for rent within those ur 6 month statement of account.

I don't know if this helped my application but my house Address was same with my property Address and I included it in my SOP that it was a 2 story building worth over 20million.I and my family live in one flat and I collect rental income from the rest of them. Though it's the truth but I never submitted evidence that the house is a two story nor rental agreement. I dont even know the worth of my house but I live there and my NIN adress and my drivers liscence adress is same so it was easily believed I guess.

if am to advice u, apply alone for now.few ppl have gotten Family PPR like Lianna but so many ppl have failed majorly because of issue of ties as ur spouse and kids are every strong ties that u lose wen u apply with them. even Lianna did not apply with her family. she got hers,traveled to Canada, got her study permit and then applied with some funny dramas.lol grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ketima:

I don't know the history of your chat with him, but looking at all you have listed in bolded, it serves as good home ties. But then with evidence of reciept of tenants showing money paid monthly or yearly into family account, it can also serve as source of fund.

With all as highlighted, you still need to show funds to cover up Tuition+living expenses+ others(flights and others). Then as you have those you will leave behind, fund in the account should be enough that if your Tuition,living expenses and other expenses are removed, they will still have enough to take care of themselves.

For instance,a mum with 4kids and with 8million in account wants to sponsor her child in school whose Tuition+living expenses+ other fees I'll consume around 6million. If such SOA is submitted, VO will be concerned that such money may not be available for his or her studies as that if such huge amount goes for one person's school, how will now family of mum +3kids will feed and carter for each other's need.

This is for general house. Dont mind me, sometime I create things in my head and act. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is as regards POF. When I submitted my application, I I didn't know if it was as a result of Idea that will enter my head that made me do it. But I ended up submitting normal BS when I submitted my application. For instance I had A sum in my personal account and B sum in sponsors account. Now after a month, I submitted an updated POF in MBS for both personal ad sponsor and ow the money has grown to A+ sum ad B+ sum. All I was trying to show the VO was that see, the money is actually growing so fund won't be an issue. I did it he 2nd time where it is now A++ sum nd B++ sum. The reason for my action was i used a 3rd party sposnor, so didn't want to create a "what if the fund won't be available in VO head" when assessing my application as hat was the only area I was scared of in my application.

Note: The A sum account is personal, so the increment wasn't in lump sum but from monty salary, while the B sum which is sposnor business account had lump sums with invoices and receipts to show and explain source of lump sums.

So let's all be creative in our applications as each application is unique. But never you forge or use doctored documents.

Sorry house for the long epistle.

Thanks.
nice one u did there.did u submit 1 year bank statement ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Teemenzo:

I dey watch o. I am expecting my PPR in few days in Jesus name
Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hello

I'm so happy to be on this platform, am a newbie cheesy and this platform was introduced to me by my younger sis when I informed her about my dream to relocate to Canada with my family but no idea on how to go about it.

I graduated with 2.2 Bsc Microbiology 2015, presently working with a Life Insurance company as a customer service representative, 2 years experience in this line.

Pls gurus in the house, have gone throughalot of testimony on this platform and I believe am in the right place.

1.Kindly assist to suggest Master courses I can apply for as regards my qualification and work experience and also list of universities I can apply to

2. According to my research so far, have come to understand that when you gain a scholarship you don't need IELTS. Abeg help me confirm that.

3. Please I need materials to help me prepare for the English test exam.

4. If am travelling with my family through the study permit route, is my spouse required to also write the English test exam.

Thank you all in advance to your contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Olamiteni:
Hello house.. good evening to we that are still in Nigeria and good afternoon to everyone in canada, please a quick question, is it compulsory I do medicals. I hope I am not shooting myself in the leg by not doing it. My application will be 2months first week of November. Your kind response will be appreciated
my dear u shud have done medical since ooo.i hope u still find a space for this year cos I hear November is fully booked.do ur upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
eclint:
Chimoooooooooooooooooooooo.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!
God of many angel armies has done it again ooooooooooooo and I'm next smiley
I talk am.so happy 4 my ppl.Abeg experience what I have experienced jor.congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ketima:

Yes. I noted that Lagos to Abuja is faster than Ph to Abuja.
ok.please January flights are super expensive. wen are u traveling and have u found a good price?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2021
Hello

I'm so happy to be on this platform, am a newbie cheesy and this platform was introduced to me by my younger sis when I informed her about my dream to relocate to Canada with my family but no idea on how to go about it.

I graduated with 2.2 Bsc Microbiology 2015, presently working with a Life Insurance company as a customer service representative, 2 years experience in this line.

Pls gurus in the house, have gone throughalot of testimony on this platform and I believe am in the right place.

1.Kindly assist to suggest Master courses I can apply for as regards my qualification and work experience and also list of universities I can apply to

2. According to my research so far, have come to understand that when you gain a scholarship you don't need IELTS. Abeg help me confirm that.

3. Please I need materials to help me prepare for the English test exam.

4. If am travelling with my family through the study permit route, is my spouse required to also write the English test exam.

Thank you all in advance to your contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DooLiz: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2021
elenewton1:
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

Thanks alot. Any idea about medicals at IOM in Lagos? No date online to book.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2021
DooLiz:

Thanks alot. Any idea about medicals at IOM in Lagos? No date online to book.
Their online booking is down.

You can book using there email. And they will get back to you within 3 days

iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 12:23am On Oct 26, 2021
DooLiz:

LINK TO BOOK FOR BIOMETRICS AT VFS
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment:::::

What to go along with to VFS Office (Lagos & Abuja) for Biometrics and other essential information
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/330#106641776

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DooLiz: 12:32am On Oct 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

LINK TO BOOK FOR BIOMETRICS AT VFS
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment:::::

What to go along with to VFS Office (Lagos & Abuja) for Biometrics and other essential information
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/330#106641776

Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Menakay(m): 1:00am On Oct 26, 2021
Tinakem:

Someone shared on this thread about some weeks ago that got PPR even with UK 5yrs ban. There is nothing God can not do. I can't remember the thread number l would have loved to share it

Dont mind him, he's the one misleading people here and I'm not going to respond to his comments again. I know alot of people who got UK 10years ban and they were issued Canada visa, same with people with Canada ban and issued UK visa. Some of them will discourage people here and do that same thing behind.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marytess(f): 1:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Please does anyone know how to reduce DPI in my images already in PDF? I just discovered the PDF format for files upload. I need help please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olamiteni: 2:57am On Oct 26, 2021
Please how can I book for medicals in Abuja, I'm sure it would have been posted before but I can't find it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:44am On Oct 26, 2021
Efeosa5:
Yeah, I'm sure
I just wanted someone who has gone through it all, and was successful to answer me outside the platform cos I'm sure if I ask anything I'd be referred to page 1 or 2.

Lol. Is ok. Have replied your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:47am On Oct 26, 2021
Jay316:
nice one u did there.did u submit 1 year bank statement ?

Yes Jay 316. First I submitted was normal SOA. Then after 2months, submitted MBS of increased amount, then a month and later, submitted another MBS of increased amount too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Olamiteni:
Please how can I book for medicals in Abuja, I'm sure it would have been posted before but I can't find it.

Go to IOM website. All you need is there to guide you on how to do it. I'm not sure if Qlife is in Abuja.

IOM= either 46,000 or 46,500. Not too sure again.

Qlife= 40,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.