Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856048 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations

ManLikeMace:
I don’t even know to feel right now. I just got my PPR today. Been applying as a self employed person since 2017 and this technically my 4th application because after my 3rd application was rejected I had to reapply again the 4th time. I can’t really remember all my time line but I’ll come back and tell you guys my experience since it’s abit different as I am self employed and also had to do a judicial review.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations
ManLikeMace:
I don’t even know to feel right now. I just got my PPR today. Been applying as a self employed person since 2017 and this technically my 4th application because after my 3rd application was rejected I had to reapply again the 4th time. I can’t really remember all my time line but I’ll come back and tell you guys my experience since it’s abit different as I am self employed and also had to do a judicial review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AceeAy: 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Good evening Nairalanders, I had to share my testimony to encourage others. I  Submitted my Application on the 24th May, 2021(First Time Applicant),  did biometric on the 4th of June, upfront Medical on the 19th of September and PPR  for a family of 5 arrived on the 6th of November.
I applied for study permit and 2yrs visiting visa for my spouse and kids. Although I applied before joiningÑL I learnt so much from here and corrected my mistakes from what I read. My application was with a Conditional letter of acceptance and without tution fee deposit. I only paid the 90CAD Application required by my school. ÑO IELTS  and we also used normal Statement of Accounts. I saw several ghost updates but I thank God who made it possible.

Submitted the underlisted forms as required:

1. Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I
4. First Degree Certificate
5. First Degree Transcript
6.Affidavit of Declaration of Income
7. 6 Months Bank Statement of my spouse and I. About #20M Fhrom my spouse account and #4.8M in my own account. These were personal savings accounts and not Salary accounts.
8. Pension Statement of Account
9. 6 Months Payslip for both of us
10. Letter of Sponsorship and support signed by my husband.
11. Statement of Purpose
12. Police Character Certificate
13. Curriculum Vitae
14.  Letter of Appointment from Current Employer.
15. Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (Reference Letter)
16. Birth Certificate (for the 5 of us)
17. Copy of Staff Identity Card
18. Pictures of the Family..

I wrote my SOP Myself and realised that my application was not perfect when compared to the profiles that I saw on nairaland but I want to thank God who proved that there is nothing impossible with him. Thank you Nairalanders your testimonies were encouraging.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
Keema2404:
What God can't do doesn't exist
I finally got my pprrrrr
Since may6th
Today that is Saturday
Saturday of all days
Timeline loading

Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
Good evening great people, please has anyone flown BA recently or is currently booked to fly BA into Canada this December?
Do we need any visa to transit through?
Please what else do I need cos I want to cross my ts and dot my i's please.
I am fully vaccinated too.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations mace
ManLikeMace:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations, I pray God almighty direct me too on this journey. Pls can your spouse get a work permit since he got a visiting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
[quote author=AceeAy post=107391689]
Good evening Nairalanders, I had to share my testimony to encourage others. I  Submitted my Application on the 24th May, 2021(First Time Applicant),  did biometric on the 4th of June, upfront Medical on the 19th of September and PPR  for a family of 5 arrived on the 6th of November.
I applied for study permit and 2yrs visiting visa for my spouse and kids. Although I applied before joiningÑL I learnt so much from here and corrected my mistakes from what I read. My application was with a Conditional letter of acceptance and without tution fee deposit. I only paid the 90CAD Application required by my school. ÑO IELTS  and we also used normal Statement of Accounts. I saw several ghost updates but I thank God who made it possible.

2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I
7. 6 Months Bank Statement of my spouse and I. About #20M Fhrom my spouse account and #4.8M in my own account. These were personal savings accounts and not Salary accounts.
11. Statement of Purpose
13. Curriculum Vitae

I wrote my SOP Myself and realised that my application was not perfect when compared to the profiles that I saw on nairaland but I want to thank God who proved that there is nothing impossible with him. Thank you Nairalanders your testimonies were encouraging.

Congratulations, I pray God almighty direct me too on this journey. Pls can your spouse get a work permit since he got a visiting visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
wow.............these are great news this blessed Saturday, I never knew IRCC work on Saturdays.......congratulations to everyone....Ours is next way as we await divine approval by God's special grace

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gloryyssssz: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Teeprecious:
Good evening great people, please has anyone flown BA recently or is currently booked to fly BA into Canada this December?
Thank you.

Hello
You don’t need any transit visa to get to Canada at all.
You would fly from Nigeria to us then wait some hours to fly to Toronto.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
These past 47days feels somehow. I don't even know how to express myself. It is well. Our good news is here.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rali123(f): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
Lianna2020:
So sorry , order for your note and refire

Thank you so much, will do that...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rali123(f): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
makano:
Hello rali

This is one of the easiest reasons to tackle if you know you have the funds and you are financially established..

Order for your GCMS notes and address the concerns of the Visa officer..

Your SOP and LOE should do the magic in your next application...

All the best..

Peace

Thanks boss,
Will do just that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Collins4u1(m): 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Are you married? If not
Are you an employee or a business owner?
If you are an employee, get your employer to issue you a letter of introduction and a letter granting you leave of absence to study with part payment of your salary for the study duration with the clause that you are coming back to assume a more senior position in the company when you return. Be sure your course is in tandem with your position and work experience.

If you are a business owner, show in your SOP reason why you are going to study your chosen course and how it stands to help your business and the country/economy. You must also be able to provide your plans on how the business will keep running in your absence to ensure the account stays liquid.

Best wishes

Damn!
Thank you for your time but I don’t qualify for any of your suggestion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilsss: 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
Hello all,

Please which vfs office is faster and will give you your passport stamped faster?

Abuja or Lagos?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilsss: 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
Dolly91:

Omgggg yesss!!!! We’ve been waiting together!!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! Please drop your email or number so we can talk better!!! Supper happy for you

We truly give God all the thanks.
Email @olillie042@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
lilangel20:
The tuition fee was higher like close to 20,000cad, after the scholarship waiver, it dropped to 4500cad. And I am to receive close to 16,000cad yearly.
I wasnt even asked by the school to pay the fees yet but from the explanation of the waiver letter, I picked that i still have 4500cad to pay.
If 4500cad is remove, I would be left with like 12000cad
congratulations. Please did u show proof in French proficiency? Or the school teaches in English?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2021
Abuja
lilsss:
Hello all,

Please which vfs office is faster and will give you your passport stamped faster?

Abuja or Lagos?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Congratulations, may Canada favour you and your family. Please what is the name of the school you are going to ?

AceeAy:

11. Statement of Purpose
13. Curriculum Vitae

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
Yes, they work on Saturdays and one will think that these guys are serious with applications. grin Amen to your prayers sis.
Amen to that prayer
Iffylove:
wow.............these are great news this blessed Saturday, I never knew IRCC work on Saturdays.......congratulations to everyone....Ours is next way as we await divine approval by God's special grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AceeAy: 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2021
EstherAda92:
Congratulations, may Canada favour you and your family. Please what is the name of the school you are going to ?

University of saskatchewan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilsss: 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Lianna2020:
Abuja

Thank you. Approximately how long will it take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
Gloryyssssz:

Hello
You don’t need any transit visa to get to Canada at all.
You would fly from Nigeria to us then wait some hours to fly to Toronto.

Okay,thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2021
ezeonlinebiz:
I just got refusal today again ....3rd time applicant. Base on fund and asset. Like this eeeh. I am done with Canada. Don't have that time again to put myself into unnecessary pressure and B.p. I want to thank all those who tried their best to answer my question in one way or the other. I move to the next phase of life. All the best to everyone waiting . I love you all for the unity. Bye

This is very saddening! However, I implore you not to give up. Your next attempt could be your stroke of fortune. Order your notes. I'm pretty sure that most gurus here would be happy to assist you tackle the issues raised in your notes by the VO. More so, why don't you consider taking a loan from Mpower to improve your POF?

Remember that winners never quit; and quitters never win.

We shall definitely rejoice with you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by megastu(m): 1:18am On Nov 07, 2021
Please beware of fake notary publics. Don't go and spoil your documents because of 1k.
kennyjoy:

To notarized your docs, visit any high court( if you are in Lagos you can go to Ikeja High Court) or any notary public office.Go with your original docs and as well the photocopies of the required docs. NB you are only to notarize the photocopies not your original docs. Each docs cost range is 1-2k depends on your bargain strength.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vtino13(m): 1:21am On Nov 07, 2021
mamaamanda:
Greetings to everyone. I have been trying to catch up on this thread and I must appreciate the good works of everyone and the gurus.
Please, am trying to apply for a PGD course at Lambton college and they said the documents to be uploaded should be notarised. Can someone please educate me on how to go about that.

A quick question, how where you able to pay for your application fee for lambton. Couldn't use my debit card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by megastu(m): 1:21am On Nov 07, 2021
You dont need a transit visa if not leaving the Airport.
Teeprecious:
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by megastu(m): 1:24am On Nov 07, 2021
You can add your BVL if you did biometrics long time ago.
hurricanesgrace:
Good morning everyone,

Please I want to submit my passport at vsf's office in Abuja but the issue now is that I cant find my biometrics slip
Question is, Can I still go ahead with the submission of my passport or which other way can I go about generating the slip or what should I do as i first did my biometrics in 2018 in Lagos office.
Please I need your assistance
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:53am On Nov 07, 2021
A week
lilsss:

Thank you. Approximately how long will it take?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 3:24am On Nov 07, 2021
CalcreteJB:
VFS will not update on weekend. I think you should wait till Monday.

Okay.... thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:49am On Nov 07, 2021
ManLikeMace:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:53am On Nov 07, 2021
AceeAy:

11. Statement of Purpose
13. Curriculum Vitae

Congratulations to you and yours

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.