Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856103 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DemmyDD: 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Pls i applied with my two children(2 years plus&1year plus). Will they need medical test too? Its urgent because am going for my up front medical on Tuesday so i need to know on time. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yes, they will need, the only thing they don't need is biometric. So book for them & do it together at once

DemmyDD:
Pls i applied with my two children(2 years plus&1year plus). Will they need medical test too? Its urgent because am going for my up front medical on Tuesday so i need to know on time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Annjee: 1:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
theyjyte:
Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!
Smtin HOOOGE don land oo
Very HOOOGE
PPR at last
Second tym application
Applied august 15
It’s been a crazy experience tho

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by UgoJay17: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nickoko:
Hello MamaAmanda,

Surprisingly, this same Lambton College did not ask me to upload a notarized documents. I saw the PGD program that fancy me in their college website and I immediately applied by attaching all my documents and proceeded to the payment section. Did payment via someone in Canada and a week later, I received my letter for acceptance.

Same here I wasn’t asked for notorized docs for Lambton admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nickoko: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yes. I did but it was my expired IELTS result. I don’t think it made a difference in their offering me the admission. Your previous study was done in English Language so IELTS will be waived for you

mamaamanda:
Wao!!! I saw on their site to upload notarised document. Please did you write IELTS as this is also a requirement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbemiodula: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
good afternoon

Please how do i download all this forms IMM1294 and the rest?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GMs: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning. I applied to London met university. And I got an email from them requesting for ielts. I’d like to know if you had this same experience applying

[quote author=Davidganna10 post=106962334][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hi

You do not need a transit visa to fly any European Airline to Canada, as long as you are not going through the US.

Safe trip.

quote author=elenewton1 post=107403322]Mine is through Paris.

Thanks once again

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hope you posted on the right trend@GMs.

quote author=GMs post=107406893]Good morning. I applied to London met university. And I got an email from them requesting for ielts. I’d like to know if you had this same experience applying

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaeul(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp#wb-auto-1

Click the link and sign up, all the required forms are there..Download and fill...
gbemiodula:
good afternoon

Please how do i download all this forms IMM1294 and the rest?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
viviangogos:
I have read schools requesting people to get such discrepancy corrected and to make this correction is also not easy cause you will require to go to the secondary school to get letter to prove there was error in the Waec Cert and then go to Waec for a change. I really do not think an affidavit can work for this ooo. Affidavit can easily work for a change of name but this DOB? It is actually deep.
NECO Certificate does not come with DOB so maybe you can use that one if you wrote NECO...

Thank you, I don't have a NECO certificate will have to visit the WAEC office for enquire about DOB correction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chyjp(f): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations I key into your testimony November will not pass me by i am next in line for this miracle!!
AceeAy:

Good evening Nairalanders, I had to share my testimony to encourage others. I  Submitted my Application on the 24th May, 2021(First Time Applicant),  did biometric on the 4th of June, upfront Medical on the 19th of September and PPR  for a family of 5 arrived on the 6th of November.
I applied for study permit and 2yrs visiting visa for my spouse and kids. Although I applied before joiningÑL I learnt so much from here and corrected my mistakes from what I read. My application was with a Conditional letter of acceptance and without tution fee deposit. I only paid the 90CAD Application required by my school. ÑO IELTS  and we also used normal Statement of Accounts. I saw several ghost updates but I thank God who made it possible.

Submitted the underlisted forms as required:

1. Application for study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294)
2. Family Information (IMM 5257) - I declared only my immediate siblings and parents.
3. Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM 5257) . I
4. First Degree Certificate
5. First Degree Transcript
6.Affidavit of Declaration of Income
7. 6 Months Bank Statement of my spouse and I. About #20M Fhrom my spouse account and #4.8M in my own account. These were personal savings accounts and not Salary accounts.
8. Pension Statement of Account
9. 6 Months Payslip for both of us
10. Letter of Sponsorship and support signed by my husband.
11. Statement of Purpose
12. Police Character Certificate
13. Curriculum Vitae
14.  Letter of Appointment from Current Employer.
15. Letter of Introduction from Current Employer (Reference Letter)
16. Birth Certificate (for the 5 of us)
17. Copy of Staff Identity Card
18. Pictures of the Family..

I wrote my SOP Myself and realised that my application was not perfect when compared to the profiles that I saw on nairaland but I want to thank God who proved that there is nothing impossible with him. Thank you Nairalanders your testimonies were encouraging.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teephour(f): 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
viviangogos:
I have read schools requesting people to get such discrepancy corrected and to make this correction is also not easy cause you will require to go to the secondary school to get letter to prove there was error in the Waec Cert and then go to Waec for a change. I really do not think an affidavit can work for this ooo. Affidavit can easily work for a change of name but this DOB? It is actually deep.
NECO Certificate does not come with DOB so maybe you can use that one if you wrote NECO...

Please can I use my GCE since I don't have NECO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
Any lawyer here going for LLM in Canada ?
First time here grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tosynn007: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello everyone, I recently applied to a pgd program at Seneca college which I was told to pay the entire first term school fees for May 2022. I would like to find out if there are other colleges that who accept a tuition deposit which won't be more than 3k cad and then balance up the tuition fee if the visa has been approved .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CaveAdullam: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2021
eclint:
Hello Sir, you have to be specific with the proposed study you want for them to help you.
How's King David at CaveAdullam? grin

Ouch, my bad!

Master's program Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
Abuja, mine took 5 working days
lilsss:
Hello all,

Please which vfs office is faster and will give you your passport stamped faster?

Abuja or Lagos?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoinsOfLagos:

Sent on the 28th

Lagos is truly slow sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
tosynn007:
Hello everyone, I recently applied to a pgd program at Seneca college which I was told to pay the entire first term school fees for May 2022. I would like to find out if there are other colleges that who accept a tuition deposit which won't be more than 3k cad and then balance up the tuition fee if the visa has been approved .

Hi, well they are so many colleges that only required you paying only the tuition deposit but some will tell you the fees in non refundable.
This is just my own advise, If you are ok with the program Seneca college offer you and you have the funds, why don’t you just pay the first term fees as they requested, this will even serve as one of proof of financial fund when submitting your visa application. What you just need to do is to carefully read to understand their refund policy and you are good to go.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ronsfav: 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations!
To God be the glory

Keema2404:
What God can't do doesn't exist
I finally got my pprrrrr
Since may6th
Today that is Saturday
Saturday of all days
Timeline loading
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ronsfav: 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations to you and family.
I believe they're answering all May applicants now, thank God.

AceeAy:
Good day everyone, I'm happy to announce that I just received PPR for me and my family.

Application Submitted: May 24th
Biometrics: June 4th
Upfront medicals: September 19th
Updated to passed: September 21st.
Correspondence letter: 6th Nov. 2021
PPR: 6th Nov. 2021
������
I will be sharing more update sooooon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
The things you must address are;

1. You have to prove legitimacy of the funds, its not just to have funds in your account, the source of the fund must be substantiated and no lump sum.
2. Your business and family are enough proof for home tie depending on how well you can structure your LOE.
3. Alignment between your proposed course of study and your work experience.
4. You have to choose a course worth traveling to Canada to study.

The gurus here will also add or advise better.

Best Wishes

Collins4u1:

That’s my problem, I’m thinking of sourcing for sponsorship, I believe that will solve it but then I don’t know how to go about it yet.

Can purchasing a piece of land solve the issue of home tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrczar(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Plz I would like to know, for this who got PPR.

Do they normally get a mail or they just log into their GCE account to check their status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations

AceeAy:
Good day everyone, I'm happy to announce that I just received PPR for me and my family.

Application Submitted: May 24th
Biometrics: June 4th
Upfront medicals: September 19th
Updated to passed: September 21st.
Correspondence letter: 6th Nov. 2021
PPR: 6th Nov. 2021
������
I will be sharing more update sooooon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
Many thanks Boss Jay!! I appreciate.

jayifeanyi1234:
Hi

You do not need a transit visa to fly any European Airline to Canada, as long as you are not going through the US.

Safe trip.

quote author=elenewton1 post=107403322]Mine is through Paris.

Thanks once again

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
They will o please, do it at once.
My six month old needed Medicals .
DemmyDD:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
you will get an email from IRCC to check account to check your message,
you will be notified but it doesn't stop you from checking your account.

mrczar:
Plz I would like to know, for this who got PPR.

Do they normally get a mail or they just log into their GCE account to check their status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congratulations

Keema2404:
What God can't do doesn't exist
I finally got my pprrrrr
Since may6th
Today that is Saturday
Saturday of all days
Timeline loading
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ronsfav: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Congrats!

lilsss:
Hello all,

My PPR just landed today!!!! We give God all the Glory. God knows how long and tiring this whole thing has been.

Without further ado, this is my timeline.

Submitted application: 7th June
Biometrics: 9th June
Biometrics done: 15th June
Medical request: 16th September
Medicals passed: 28th September
Passport request: 6th November it has all been God!

What I submitted:
SOP
LOA
Land properties (parents)
Sponsor (parents)
High school certificate
Ielts
Police report
A levels and IGCSE certificates
Bank statement of parents

We also used an agent as well.

We give Almighty God all the glory ooooo!!!!

Canada here we come!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PrinceAdeAde: 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
ManLikeMace:
I don’t even know to feel right now. I just got my PPR today. Been applying as a self employed person since 2017 and this technically my 4th application because after my 3rd application was rejected I had to reapply again the 4th time. I can’t really remember all my time line but I’ll come back and tell you guys my experience since it’s abit different as I am self employed and also had to do a judicial review.

Congrats ManLikeMace ,

ezeonlinebiz ,pls be encouraged by this and understand possibly why the refusals keep coming and try again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
Abuja is faster.

lilsss:
Hello all,

Please which vfs office is faster and will give you your passport stamped faster?

Abuja or Lagos?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gbemiodula: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
gaeul:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp#wb-auto-1

Click the link and sign up, all the required forms are there..Download and fill...

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.