Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,573 members, 7,816,410 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855295 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
JosephYemsol:

I'm going to ghana on Tue. Anyone having similar plan?

Check well before you go Ghana detect omicron also there now. Cotonu will be good but do your findings before leaving
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by peruxie: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Kema22:
Hello
If you are talking about rejecting Nigerians at the Canadian border, I do not think its true.
I called CBSA today and they said as far as we are not in Niger within 14 days of our travel then you can come into Canada.
So...if you leave Nigeria and quarantine in another country that does not have a ban for 14 days, you are admissible to Canada.

But I would also like for someone else to contact CBSA so we can verify if the information above is correct.
If you are willing to call them, please email me so I can share their contact.

I just sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
She
JosephYemsol:

I'm going to ghana on Tue. Anyone having similar plan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
I am a She
Tinakem:

Are u a she or he pls. I'm thinking in that direction too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
I have replied
peruxie:
I just sent you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
Kema22:
I am a She

People prefer Cotonou. What is ur take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by prettysassygirl(f): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
Mikediaye:
do they stamp ur passport if u go by land?
Of course yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
SomBaby:
Funny enough...the curser hasn't said anything since the curse...and suddenly the ReverseCurser is now very active, jumping on every posts...

Make e no be like the curse has already affected the Curser ooo...

Abeg Who get Omicron number... please beg am ooo
;

Lwkmd grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Gbos Gbas Gbam Gbus everywhere. Please let's all be calming down small small. Lol. And please we know how tense this ban has placed most of us who have already made plans to travel. If not for the ban, some of us using Ethiopian airline will be thinking of landing at Adis Ababa in some few hrs. So please be mindful of information you put up here without proper proof. Don't just come and throw info and disappear without clarifications. People's mental health are involved here. Is it cos we are naturally strong and you think you will now play with our emotions. Please all let's just be cool and tolerate one another too. At Yemsol, I know how bad you feel but please take it easy ok. Let's not result in names calling and bashing. It won't help us.

I want you all to know that this ban won't last long. Already EU is seeing it as an unfair target against African nations with the immediate ban unlike previous bans on discovery of variants In this past.

Again as someone posted her about Aisha wanting to write to Canada whatever, I had expected Nigerians to troop in to Canada official handles in Twitter, Instagram and all that to air their views in polite manner. Trust indians, they no d sleep for this one. By now them for don disturb Trudeau tire.

So please na plead I dey plead oo. It affect me too. See me way buy 1 carton of chicken laps I go eat for plane, now I don almost finish half carton and I never even reach airport.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Prumice:
Hello please my canadian student visa application was rejected based on assets and finds in my account as they said..so please i want to reapply what are the necessary steps i should follow . Thanks

So sorry for the delay. Order for your notes and refire, your next application will be a success!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 5:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
Thank you so much for this. I will include that in my SOP.quote author=makano post=108182706]Hello Teekay

The bank will send the MBS to Canada embassy.. They will ask you which country, tell them Canada..

To tackle lump sum, just explain the reason for the huge sum of money.. For example, If you are business person, you can just state that its a payment made by one of your customers for a service you rendered or for goods bought from you..

Just genuinely explain the Lump sum in your SOP/LOE, then u are good to go..

Peace [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adeeeeeeeee: 6:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hello guys,

If you have gotten your visa, caught up with this ban, and you're interested in joining a group chat of the likes, please contact me on "adeyemi_2021@yahoo.com". A WhatsApp group has been created by a member of this forum to get updates, suggestions, discussions and probably plan in-group. I hope this doesn't violate nairaland policies... we are doing this to bring together only people affected by the ban, which is believed to be a subset of this group.

It shall end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hi,
Classes were suppose to start Sept 2021.
My school advised me to differ, which I did. It wasn’t a sweet one for me to differ for Spring term, but as it is, it was a good decision.

quote author=Sunflowerog post=108181676]Please when you applied in December 2020, when were you supposed to start your classes? if it was before December 2021, did you differ at some point or did you start with online classes?

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
mudiwest:

Why not go to Ghana. You can reroute you BA ticket from Ghana to Canada. BA doesn't fly to Republic of Benin

But why will BA say they can't refund seeing this was nobody's fault. We wan fly but dem say them no dey carry because some people don lock door, so who should bear the brunt??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
do you pay for the year tuition fees??

jayifeanyi1234:
PPR ALERT- 11 months, 2 weeks

Timeline
First-time applicant-Self sponsored
Study Permit Application: 16th December 2020
Medical Request: October 14th 2021
Medical Passed: 7th November 2021
LOA Request Letter: November 5th
BVL: December 1st
PPR: December 1st

Documents
1. Passport photographs
2. Document Checklist for a Study Permit (IMM5483E)
3. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E)
4. Family Information form (IMM5707E)
5. Copy of family members’ birth certificates (Kids and spouse)
6. School LOA (one year program)
7. Statement of Purpose
8. My CAC documents
9. Copy of Article of Association
10. My personal and company account statement for a year with closing balance of less than 3m.
11. Copy of Police Character Certificate
12. Copy of Degree Certificate
13.My Transcript.
14. Hubby’s Certificates, CAC documents, IELTS result and bank statements
15. Resume
16. IELTS
17. Family photos
18. Documents of landed properties
19. Certificate of investments
20. Passport data pages of me and family
21. My birth Certificate (40 years)

I had submitted my application before coming across this wonderful platform. I made loads of mistakes, but GRACE swallowed them all. A Canadian consultant ones told me my chances are very slim.
The wait was not an easy one, but we that God for the waiting, He knows it all.

I have learnt so much from this platform. Shout out to @Makano (only God can reward the time you invest in this family), Anon, among others, God bless, and my very own brother @FrankRuben (just too good at what he does; much respect Sir, God bless).
Got so much encouragement from others PPR, but the ones with 6 weeks-2 months timeline were not funny to me at all, chai!

Lessons Learnt so far:
-Keep praying, and keep trusting, even when you don’t fill like. HE IS JUST TOO FAITHFUL TO FAIL YOU!

-Don’t ever be discouraged simply because you have not traveled before, e nor follow! Had traveled countless times to the US, Europe and even Canada, yet, and we have seen 6 weeks approval of someone who has never traveled before.

-Don’t ever take any part of your application for granted; ask questions on this platform (there are really good and selfless guys here) and be ready to invest money if the need arises. I rather pay a consultant@ FrankRuben for example, than go through 3-4times refusal. Try convert visa fees, among other expenses, besides the emotional trauma. Just plan your application.

I will be back for more testimonies, by God’s Grace. This is just the Genesis of it all, for what God cannot do, is not in existence.

God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ketima:
Gbos Gbas Gbam Gbus everywhere. Please let's all be calming down small small. Lol. And please we know how tense this ban has placed most of us who have already made plans to travel. If not for the ban, some of us using Ethiopian airline will be thinking of landing at Adis Ababa in some few hrs. So please be mindful of information you put up here without proper proof. Don't just come and throw info and disappear without clarifications. People's mental health are involved here. Is it cos we are naturally strong and you think you will now play with our emotions. Please all let's just be cool and tolerate one another too. At Yemsol, I know how bad you feel but please take it easy ok. Let's not result in names calling and bashing. It won't help us.

I want you all to know that this ban won't last long. Already EU is seeing it as an unfair target against African nations with the immediate ban unlike previous bans on discovery of variants In this past.

Again as someone posted her about Aisha wanting to write to Canada whatever, I had expected Nigerians to troop in to Canada official handles in Twitter, Instagram and all that to air their views in polite manner. Trust indians, they no d sleep for this one. By now them for don disturb Trudeau tire.

So please na plead I dey plead oo. It affect me too. See me way buy 1 carton of chicken laps I go eat for plane, now I don almost finish half carton and I never even reach airport.

Thanks ketima, I appreciate your maturity. Perhaps I should tap into it.

Nairraland1981, apologies for the insulting words I used at you. I transferred aggression at you obviously. Please let's not toy with our emotions at this time....

Imagine, I don pack bag say I dey go ghana next week, dem con see omicron for ghana..

And if them ban am, Nah to port go Cotonou or Dubai. We will sha be porting till we enter Canada.

Lemme hold on to faith that Ghana �� won't be banned.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 6:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
adeeeeeeeee:
Hello guys,

If you have gotten your visa, caught up with this ban, and you're interested in joining a group chat of the likes, please contact me on "adeyemi_2021@yahoomail.com". A WhatsApp group has been created by a member of this forum to get updates, suggestions, discussions and probably plan in-group. I hope this doesn't violate nairaland policies... we are doing this to bring together only people affected by the ban, which is believed to be a subset of this group.

It shall end in praise!

Your email not receiving messages. I v re messaged you tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tacogado: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please guru in the house i got admission to university of Manitoba and there is three resumption date on the offer letter so I receive a message about my resumption in January but I want to shift it to May do I need to write deferred letter again to the school thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adeeeeeeeee: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
JosephYemsol:

Your email not receiving messages. I v re messaged you tho

I got your message and I hv responded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
corleone427:
Good afternoon everyone o am so pleased with all the insight info being rendered here...and I appreciate the gurus here...please I need advice/help....I have a cousin who just graduated from igbinedion university okada...she studied pharmacy and wishes to apply for college in Canada to study pharm tech....now the thing is she didn't make her waec at one sitting...i.e she combined results at her 'o' levels before getting admissions and she is getting Infos now that it might affect her applications to get into the pharmaceutical colleges in Canada as they on require you pass your waec at one sitting...please how true is this?...and is there any other way we can go around this for her as she is suppose to apply next year and all this is causing a fuzz...any response on this will be appreciated thank you!

Hi, Corleone, you do not have to rely on what others have said, you can research the requirements yourself on the website of the college, the admission requirements will be there. That being said I doubt if passing waec in two sittings will be an issue, since you are going for a post graduate programme.

Check the school site yourself to get the correct info.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tacogado:
Please guru in the house i got admission to university of Manitoba and there is three resumption date on the offer letter so I receive a message about my resumption in January but I want to shift it to May do I need to write deferred letter again to the school thanks

Taco, why don't you reach out to the international admission desk of the school for advice? You can share your concerns with them and wait for their feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
zxxtx:
Good afternoon everyone, who applied to SAIT recently? I’ve got just WAEC CERT and Scratch card. But I’m seeing upload transcripts, what transcripts? Does that apply to me ?

If WAEC is all you have and is required for the program, your WAEC cert and Scratch card is all that is required. SAIT will use your scratch card to verify your result online. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by zxxtx: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Osemigho:

If WAEC is all you have and is required for the program, your WAEC cert and Scratch card is all that is required. SAIT will use your scratch card to verify your result online. All the best.
thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tacogado: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ok thanks I will
Bobomaigida:

Taco, why don't you reach out to the international admission desk of the school for advice? You can share your concerns with them and wait for their feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
I will advise we all stop panicking.

What i think could be solutions:

1) some proposed to travel through countries who are not banned. If you have the money, give it a shot.

2) For those who are yet ti book their ticket, just relax you mind and DON'T BOOk yet, let us study the system and look for better alternatives.

3) For those expecting PPR, Omicron is none of your concern, focus on your PPR chase

4) For those giving clumsy information, abeg REST.

5) And for WE observers, Merry Christmas in advance. Faaji la wa.

6) Abeg if you are still employed, no resign oooooo. E jo ooooo

Let me mimick makano "#peace"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lol.....u have said it all
Me I'm sha planning for alternative
Teemenzo:
I will advise we all stop panicking.

What i think could be solutions:

1) some proposed to travel through countries who are not banned. If you have the money, give it a shot.

2) For those who are yet ti book their ticket, just relax you mind and DON'T BOOk yet, let us study the system and look for better alternatives.

3) For those expecting PPR, Omicron is none of your concern, focus on your PPR chase

4) For those giving clumsy information, abeg REST.

5) And for WE observers, Merry Christmas in advance. Faaji la wa.

6) Abeg if you are still employed, no resign oooooo. E jo ooooo

Let me mimick makano "#peace"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afrischolars1: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
A group of Nigerian professors and graduate students in Canada writes the Canadian Immigration Minister Sean Fraser over biased and discriminatory treatment of study visa applicants from Nigeria & declining study visa approval rates for Nigerian applicants.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afrischolars1: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Exhibits

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
adeeeeeeeee:
Hello guys,

If you have gotten your visa, caught up with this ban, and you're interested in joining a group chat of the likes, please contact me on "adeyemi_2021@yahoomail.com". A WhatsApp group has been created by a member of this forum to get updates, suggestions, discussions and probably plan in-group. I hope this doesn't violate nairaland policies... we are doing this to bring together only people affected by the ban, which is believed to be a subset of this group.

It shall end in praise!

Ur Mail wasn't delivered. Pls check the address again. I tried sending two times now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Onaya:

Thanks for this revelation. I admit it was all my fault. I'll definitely tackle it in my next application. Honestly, I had about 2million in my account when I made my application. But I was afraid that it wasn't enough for my living and travel expenses. Hence the reason for a sponsor. I have learned my lesson in a very hard way anyways.

Regards.

2 million is enough for single applicant with full Canadian scholarship. Just make sure you emphasize your full scholarship in your letter of explanation and the required CIC form that mention source of fund.

You can get a letter of moral support from your parents to show they are aware of your study, proud of your achievements so far, and will gladly welcome you after your study. That's all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
You can use this link to check for available date for iom
https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

And this one to check for Qlife:

https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com/appointments-landing

All the best
giftedchild009:

Please can you share the link to register for medical with me?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
So I plan on going to Cotonou on sunday. So I can leave 4 Canada by 19th of December

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.