Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (858366 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demure178(m): 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
Abeg when paying for fanshewe payment with fly wire, which payment option will you settle? Where is the money coming from. Nigeria or usa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
35 years and above. Though the ban has being lifted, but they have not started issuing visa.

NB: this ban does not affect ladies.

Either you wait for them to start issuing, or u enter through Cotonou.

quote author=johnfem321 post=108203437]Is anyone planning to go through Dubai route to canada.. Im trying to apply for Dubai visa but the agent said there is visa age restriction for people age 35years and below

How true is this ? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Abeg share with me too oo

Teemenzo:

Oshey Lianna of the most high, i gbadun you. You get levels
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
SwayB:

Yes

Thanks, the us dollar will be like how much now, must it be more than 235?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
My concern with going through another country is, can't they trace that one left Nigeria to pass through another country for 14days before moving to Canada??

Just thinking
Audrey1111:

That’s definitely not possible the news stated foreigners who have been to the banned countries in the past 14days and Nigerians living abroad with their green passport cannot be banned as long as they haven’t been to Nigeria in that stipulated 14days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
phaeedat95:
As I have said earlier she didn't book the flight to Mexico initially, she only reroute/changed her flight from Canada to Mexico, so I don't know how much it is to fly to Mexico ( you can check Google flights tho to compare airline prices).

She didn't get a tourist visa since we read you don't need one as long as you have a valid Canadian Visa. She's also going to Cancun by the way.
Thanks.
please tell us how much it cost. From rerouting to airbnb. Please I want to estimate these cost

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:
My concern with going through another country is, can't they trace that one left Nigeria to pass through another country for 14days before moving to Canada??

Just thinking

CBSA said you can pass either Cotonou or Ghana that they’ll allow you in ... they know you don’t live there and gat you only want to use the medium to enter Canada

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Titan1295:
Good day everyone..
Please I need your help. I applied for my Visa and had biometric on the 28th May. I used an agent though because this is my first application. I was ignorant of the process before now, but I can say that I have learned a lot from Nairaland since I joined the thread after my Biometric. I appreciate.

My challenge at the moment is that I haven't gotten any decision uptil this moment. This is going to the 7th month. Please how do I raise a webform, order GCkey, email the MP of my province ( if the email has a particular format, please help on that), any other suggestions?

I am really tired of waiting and it seems I have been stucked in one spot for 7months .

Hi Titan, you need the details of the application to track it, have you done your upfront medicals? What has the agent been saying in terms of status of the app?

Request for GC key from him/her so you can check the status of the app. Once you get the GC key you can then use the app num and UCI num to raise webform to track it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by johnfem321: 2:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nice update.. Kindly update us after she leaves for Mexico tomorrow so that we can be sure we don’t need a visa to fly to Mexico.. May God help us
phaeedat95:
My sister is trying to enter Canada via Mexico her flight is on Sunday. She'll stay 2 weeks and enter Canada afterwards by God's grace. I mentioned this so Y'all can try other countries aside from cotonu and Ghana. May God help us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hello, if i open a dom acc on monday, putting more than $200 in it, can it start working that day and be able to get the visa card?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
phaeedat95:
My sister is trying to enter Canada via Mexico her flight is on Sunday. She'll stay 2 weeks and enter Canada afterwards by God's grace. I mentioned this so Y'all can try other countries aside from cotonu and Ghana. May God help us all.
we will need the requirements they will ask of us in the airport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello, if i open a dom acc on monday, putting more than $200 in it, can it start working that day and be able to get the visa card?

Some banks (GT) give prepaid dollar card that you can get same day, if it is funded that day it will work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:

Just thinking

Yeah they will except your smuggled in. Cos even if u r smuggled u will have to justify where you’re coming from at the POE and how you got into the country u r flying from
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Please guys go and get your vaccine if you've your ppr and your resumption is January because if the restrictions is going to be lifted it's probably 70% going to be for people that are vaccinated.
The best vaccine option is Johnson n Johnson because you can't collect Astrazeneca and Pfizer within this short period.

May God Make It Easy For Us All

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aijay26:
we will need the requirements they will ask of us in the airport

What requirements pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pjosh1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
Benquip:
Please guys go and get your vaccine if you've your ppr and your resumption is January because if the restrictions is going to be lifted it's probably 70% going to be for people that are vaccinated.
The best vaccine option is Johnson n Johnson because you can't collect Astrazeneca and Pfizer within this short period.

May God Make It Easy For Us All
Pls where can I get the J&J vaccine? I’ve been calling and asking around bt they keep saying it’s not available
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
Is this not for PR holders and citizens of other countries who passed through Nigeria??
Because I wonder if as a citizen of Nigeria, you only left Nigeria after the ban has been effected to another country to transit and then board to Canada.

I stand to be corrected, just trying to objective.

Romoke1995:

CBSA said you can pass either Cotonou or Ghana that they’ll allow you in ... they know you don’t live there and gat you only want to use the medium to enter Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
you can get Moderna, first and second doses are 2weeks apart.
People should just ensure it can be verified online through the Bar code

pjosh1:

Pls where can I get the J&J vaccine? I’ve been calling and asking around bt they keep saying it’s not available

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
where can I find this information from CBSA,

Romoke1995:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
You can also book a flight to Cotonou if you wish to . The cars you saw at mile 2 are the normal buses that ply that way . They will stop you at seme boarder , then you can take a bike into Cotonou via street way or you go through the boarder where the Naija immigration will ask you to pay money and also show your yellow card or they issue you one. Also note that when you get to the Benin rep side, some questions will be asked and they will free you cos those ones are normally friendly . Since you are going with kids, I will advise you go via flight .
Jojorito007:
Yesterday I decided to visit ABC transport at Mile2 to make inquiry about their Cotonou/Ghana route but I was told that they don’t ply the route for now. I went to mile2 ( close to the pedestrian bridge) I met some cars leaving to Cotonou,Lome and Ghana. They said Cotonou is 15k if I am going straight and Seme border is 4K and then I can take another car from Seme. My passport was going to be stamped at the ECOWAS office and Cotonou immigration. It was a good deal but I changed my mind about the whole trip when I saw the condition of the cars and knowing I’ll be going with 2 kids ages 6&3. My Cotonou mission is aborted for now. Infact I have decided to take a break from making any travel plan as I’ll be started exams next week. My exam will end on the 15th.. if nothing happens by then I can consider any other route. But a place I’ll definitely go by air not by road .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Romoke1995:
Good day everyone ... please I have some questions concerning Cotonou border ... as some of us know that at the border we have Nigeria check point and Cotonou check point . My question now is that are we to get both stamp on our passport or we getting only Cotonou stamp alone .. because I schooled there and basically that’s how it runs over there ... I just want to be sure which stamp we getting
Naija will give you exit stamp, while Cotonou will give you entry . So you need both stamps . But if you are following street way, the bike men will take you through a route where those are not necessary.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hello, please am having consistent issue with this Canada site o it's not granting me access into my GCkey main account.

Anyone with this issue?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
CalcreteJB:
where can I find this information from CBSA,

Call them I called also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
chrysto:

Naija will give you exit stamp, while Cotonou will give you entry . So you need both stamps . But if you are following street way, the bike men will take you through a route where those are not necessary.

Thank you ...I’m aware of all of that just want to be sure if I’m to get the two stamp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
There's no rule against this. The ban says exactly that, if you have been in the banned countries in the last 14 days you won't be allowed in. When India was banned for months this is what they did too, transited through another country for 14 days or more and onwards to Canada. No one will penalize you for following the rule. The ban isn't against Nigerians, it's against foreign nationals flying into canada from Nigeria with 14 days.

CalcreteJB:

Just thinking

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
Okay great. I just spoke to them and the lady gave the exact information that you gave.

I think this is more relieving.

Romoke1995:

Call them I called also

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CalcreteJB(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thanks, I called and they confirmed that.

Gift212:
There's no rule against this. The ban says exactly that, if you have been in the banned countries in the last 14 days you won't be allowed in. When India was banned for months this is what they did too, transited through another country for 14 days or more and onwards to Canada. No one will penalize you for following the rule. The ban isn't against Nigerians, it's against foreign nationals flying into canada from Nigeria with 14 days.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mcreamy: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Lydiesoft1:
Is anyone using Ethiopian Airlines here?

I am using Ethiopian airline, and flight ticket for dec 25th,
Thinking of changing the flight ticket departure to benin republic
Or wait for them to lift the ban.
Seriously still waiting for a decision.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AndrewLT: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mcreamy:

Same here for 24 dec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heledy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
eligibility review for how many weeks or months?...
this people can make someone to get insane....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mcreamy:

Mine is Dec 17th. I'm still thinking of what to do self
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mcreamy: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
summerset:
Any lady travelling on Sunday to Cotonou should email me let's share hotel cost
Please are still travelling on sunday?

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.