Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855053 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mikenkem: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello team. Good morning. Please I would like to find out if ALAT BY WEMA's virtual dollar card can be used for Canada visa payments. Would appreciate an urgent answer. Thank you so much team . 1 love
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Okuanata110621: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2021
Mexico we have a group ooh !!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Okuanata110621: 7:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2021
Aijay26:

Add me ohhh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lexcott: 8:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Please created a nairaland account for this. Have been trying to apply to memorial university canada. Haven't heard from them. Any one know about their admission policy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2021
Aijay26:

Can you share the link or add me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gbolahan111: 8:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Please is there any whatsapp group for University of Guelph? If yes, kindly post the link or add me. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SomBaby(f): 8:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Aijay26:

Where is it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demure178(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2021
phaeedat95:
Update be say her flight na 11:40pm...she got in it safely without airport stress. Her luggage was a bit overweight and she dropped some stuffs they took off some minutes ago...Next update will be after she lands in Mexico by God's grace.

How much is Nigeria to Mexico flight?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2021
Good morning all information reaching me from bank that form A isn’t done in the bank again it can now be done online using www.tradesystem.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demure178(m): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Aijay26:

Can you please send me an email. I can’t send you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demure178(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Katehasty:
Good morning all information reaching me from bank that form A isn’t done in the bank again it can now be done online using www.tradesystem.gov.ng

Yes, but do you need the bank help to fill it? Or it can be done manually?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by saucekid50: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2021
HELLO GUYS!!!

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

I AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN CANADA BUT HAVE A QUESTION;

Will the ban not affect my application from the school and even during visa application if applying from Nigeria.?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 9:03am On Dec 06, 2021
It will not, put in your application.
Sooner or later, the ban will be removed

saucekid50:
HELLO GUYS!!!

PLEASE I NEED ADVICE

I AM ABOUT TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN CANADA BUT HAVE A QUESTION;

Will the ban not affect my application from the school and even during visa application if applying from Nigeria.?[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 9:11am On Dec 06, 2021
demure178:

Yes, but do you need the bank help to fill it? Or it can be done manually?
Manually with nobody’s help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 9:12am On Dec 06, 2021
Please, add me to the group.

Aijay26:
Mexico has a group on WhatsApp too. Don’t hesitate to link up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 9:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Please can we link up?
Your dm is not open

Ikechi12:
Hi! I am going to Mexico city via Lufthansa too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 9:42am On Dec 06, 2021
Which flight did she use?
phaeedat95:
Update be say her flight na 11:40pm...she got in it safely without airport stress. Her luggage was a bit overweight and she dropped some stuffs they took off some minutes ago...Next update will be after she lands in Mexico by God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by timstone(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Please I need help
Which English country can I do master degree in engineering
Without passing through PGD

I need answers oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 10:02am On Dec 06, 2021
You people want to go and shut down mexico for 2 weeks lmaoo, I’m guessing it’s easy and cheap to get an air bnb there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello. Please click on my name and you will see a link to send message. I didn't close my dm.
bigsolo:
Please can we link up?
Your dm is not open

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2021
Mexico transit update

I'm transiting through Mexico city. Flights to Cancun is cheaper than Mexico city from Nigeria, but Cancun is a tourist destination and so is expensive to get a modest accommodation and also food. Moreover, Cancun is farther away from Canada than Mexico city, so the flight to Canada is more expensive via Cancun.
Hence, my choice of Mexico city.

My Mexican friend advised that I go with euros instead of dollars because after conversion to Mexico pesos, euro is more profitable. She also said that there are a lot of kiosks to change money after the luggage pickup area in the airport. She said that that's where you will find best rates.

My supervisor has linked me up with a Mexican student also. I will update on any new info.

Also, this is the link to the Mexican embassy website where they said that those with used/unused Canadian visa can enter Mexico for max 30days. It will be wise to print the page.
https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/nigeria/index.php/en/mexican-visas/mexican-visa-for-non-remunerated-activities

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Also, this is the ziploc bag that I talked about for packing food. Lighter than plastic and transparent for immigration check

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2021
Ikechi12:
Also, this is the ziploc bag that I talked about for packing food. Lighter than plastic and transparent for immigration check

Yeah I got this too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seun541: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Hi Ikechi.

When are you travelling?

I am also considering this Mexico route.

Can we link up pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 10:57am On Dec 06, 2021
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Good morning my people (especially @Ketima)
Praise the Lord, what God cannot do does not exist. I give all glory, honour, praises, everything and all things to the God of heaven, creator of the world, the one who never sleeps or slumber, the one who answereth by fire, the king of kings, the Lord of Lord, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, THE LORD WHO SAYS YES AND NO MAN OR SPIRIT CAN SAY SO, MY GUARANTOR.

My journey her started in 2015 while in the UK. I applied to four universities for my LLM and only got in at University of Ottawa but my father's friend who lives in Canada says its more expensive than UK. Thus, ended continuation of my studies in UK with my LLM. 2016,my dad traveled to Canada again and met with an immigration consultant and explain all to them that it cheaper than UK (apparently my father's friend do charge my dad US DOLLARS as CAD for everything my dad does on Canada). It was then my father knew the kind of friend he has.

The consultant asked me and my sis to apply to colleges for PGC from the UK, We got in but then the devil taught he had succeeded (my father was scammed by another friend in same Canada and lost lot of money). Then he could only sponsor one person. As a big sister haven been to the UK years before my younger sis, I stepped down and ask her to go. She left new year 2017 while I came down to Nigeria.

Coming down, I have saved money to cover tuition deposit for Canada, so convinced my dad that he should only sponsor me to enter since I had the tuition, he agreed. I applied on my won because, the Canada consultant was charging us $2,000. The course was PGC paralegal. I submitted my app.with my LLB, BSc. LLM but was refused due to no career progression and not convinced I will come back. I reapplied but this time with the consultant since he was the one who handle my sis app then. He first charged us $200 for GCSMC note (the refusal comprehensive note).

The second app. was done with a long SOP and all documents notarized yet another refusal that they were not convinced I will come back, travel history, purpose of visit. Then I gave up and pursued my NYSC, law school. I was called to bar 2019 and start work. It was last year September my dad and sis started fighting me that I was too comfortable with Nigeria. I told my dad not to start because he had said then in 2017 that must I ho back, people were making in Nigeria and no more education or PhD for me in his house. That I was going to do that in my husband's house (me that do not have boyfriend talk less).

He apologized then I started with WES, IELTS (first attempt, L:6.5, R:8.5, W:5.5, S:6.5), tutorials in IELTS (second attempt, L:8.5,R:7.5,W:6.5,S:8.0) submitted EE and went on with some Provincial nominee. Yet nothing until August my sis started with apply for a masters program again after getting rejected in Carleton University for a PhD program even though I had secured supervisor and using the same proposal to bag two phd offer in UK and 1 Australia. In order for peace to be, I applied and was given admission and the submitted the application.

Just this morning, what God cannot do does not exist. My God is awesome, too good, to faithful to fail me

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by freemanj(m): 11:05am On Dec 06, 2021
Congratulations, those still waiting for theirs, God will do it

Patdenzii02:
It's PPR!
He is a miracle working God, my ocean divider, he who breaks protocol for my sake and corrects all my mistake to perfection. I give him all the glory for a perfect Sunday morning gift.
I have been a silent reader, discovered this thread after submitting my application and I was sad because I missed a lot of things on my application especially my compressed financial document which was not clear enough after compressing it, but I keep my hopes high while taking notes of what I missed paraventure I need to reapply.
I want to thank everyone here for your post and comments as it became the source of strength for me these past weeks while tapping into people's testimony and learning from questions being asked.
Here is my timeline.
Application submitted = Sept 25th 2021
Biometrics done= Sept 27th 2021
Biometrics updated = Sept 27th 2021
Upfront Medical passed = Oct 25th 2021
Correspondence letter= Dec 01 2021
PPR= Dec 05 2021
First time applicant. I have been to UAE once 2014, US rejected application 2017.
MBA program in UCW Jan 2022 intake.
To God be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by freemanj(m): 11:11am On Dec 06, 2021
Congratulations to you, enjoyed reading the long story.

Don't worry God will provide the bone of your bone for you and it will all end in praise

Jumax28:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Good morning my people (especially @Ketima)
Praise the Lord, what God cannot do does not exist. I give all glory, honour, praises, everything and all things to the God of heaven, creator of the world, the one who never sleeps or slumber, the one who answereth by fire, the king of kings, the Lord of Lord, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, THE LORD WHO SAYS YES AND NO MAN OR SPIRIT CAN SAY SO, MY GUARANTOR.

My journey her started in 2015 while in the UK. I applied to four universities for my LLM and only got in at University of Ottawa but my father's friend who lives in Canada says its more expensive than UK. Thus, ended continuation of my studies in UK with my LLM. 2016,my dad traveled to Canada again and met with an immigration consultant and explain all to them that it cheaper than UK (apparently my father's friend do charge my dad US DOLLARS as CAD for everything my dad does on Canada). It was then my father knew the kind of friend he has.

The consultant asked me and my sis to apply to colleges for PGC from the UK, We got in but then the devil taught he had succeeded (my father was scammed by another friend in same Canada and lost lot of money). Then he could only sponsor one person. As a big sister haven been to the UK years before my younger sis, I stepped down and ask her to go. She left new year 2017 while I came down to Nigeria.

Coming down, I have saved money to cover tuition deposit for Canada, so convinced my dad that he should only sponsor me to enter since I had the tuition, he agreed. I applied on my won because, the Canada consultant was charging us $2,000. The course was PGC paralegal. I submitted my app.with my LLB, BSc. LLM but was refused due to no career progression and not convinced I will come back. I reapplied but this time with the consultant since he was the one who handle my sis app then. He first charged us $200 for GCSMC note (the refusal comprehensive note).

The second app. was done with a long SOP and all documents notarized yet another refusal that they were not convinced I will come back, travel history, purpose of visit. Then I gave up and pursued my NYSC, law school. I was called to bar 2019 and start work. It was last year September my dad and sis started fighting me that I was too comfortable with Nigeria. I told my dad not to start because he had said then in 2017 that must I ho back, people were making in Nigeria and no more education or PhD for me in his house. That I was going to do that in my husband's house (me that do not have boyfriend talk less).

He apologized then I started with WES, IELTS (first attempt, L:6.5, R:8.5, W:5.5, S:6.5), tutorials in IELTS (second attempt, L:8.5,R:7.5,W:6.5,S:8.0) submitted EE and went on with some Provincial nominee. Yet nothing until August my sis started with apply for a masters program again after getting rejected in Carleton University for a PhD program even though I had secured supervisor and using the same proposal to bag two phd offer in UK and 1 Australia. In order for peace to be, I applied and was given admission and the submitted the application.

Just this morning, what God cannot do does not exist. My God is awesome, too good, to faithful to fail me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by freemanj(m): 11:15am On Dec 06, 2021
You dey motivate me, Ajeh.

I love the Naija spirit in you, never say never, we dey your back kampe and it shall surely end in praise by God's grace.

Carry go, Canada will favour you

Ikechi12:
Mexico transit update

I'm transiting through Mexico city. Flights to Cancun is cheaper than Mexico city from Nigeria, but Cancun is a tourist destination and so is expensive to get a modest accommodation and also food. Moreover, Cancun is farther away from Canada than Mexico city, so the flight to Canada is more expensive via Cancun.
Hence, my choice of Mexico city.

My Mexican friend advised that I go with euros instead of dollars because after conversion to Mexico pesos, euro is more profitable. She also said that there are a lot of kiosks to change money after the luggage pickup area in the airport. She said that that's where you will find best rates.

My supervisor has linked me up with a Mexican student also. I will update on any new info.

Also, this is the link to the Mexican embassy website where they said that those with used/unused Canadian visa can enter Mexico for max 30days. It will be wise to print the page.
https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/nigeria/index.php/en/mexican-visas/mexican-visa-for-non-remunerated-activities

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 11:17am On Dec 06, 2021
Yeah! Please send me a message
Seun541:
Hi Ikechi.

When are you travelling?

I am also considering this Mexico route.

Can we link up pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 11:21am On Dec 06, 2021
You need to accept my message request first.

Ikechi12:
Hello. Please click on my name and you will see a link to send message. I didn't close my dm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.