Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855078 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Lydiesoft1:
Though who booked flight through Ethiopian airline, what are we going to do? Is there any group chat for us? My flight was supposed to be this Saturday 11th December

Please guys kindly respond to this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2021
Please is Nairobi mail giving anybody else that mailbox is full and can't accept mesaages?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2021
Flight on 15th from Ethiopian Airline and they don't go to Mexico.
I was at their office this morning. They suggested I request for refund or hold the ticket for 1 year validity.

Andytheo:

Please guys kindly respond to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2021
freemanj:
Congratulations to you, enjoyed reading the long story.

Don't worry God will provide the bone of your bone for you and it will all end in praise

Amen thanks so much, pls can I have the link for the consent form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by yoyu: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2021
bigsolo:
I was at their office this morning. They suggested I request for refund or hold the ticket for 1 year validity.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2021
Yeah, I got a similar message when I sent a mail to Lagos office. It happens especially during weekends.
Try sending another mail today.

Blazca:
Please is Nairobi mail giving anybody else that mailbox is full and can't accept mesaages?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Thanks

bigsolo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Viewolivier

NAIROBI
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

Peace
Viewoliver:

Hello Boss
Please help me with the email addresses of the above mentioned visa processing centres.
Thank you and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Sailingseafarer

You are lucky you could get a cheap tuition fee of 10kCAD for 2 years..

On the norms, that 20k is below the tuition fees of some schools for 2 years, if you were in that situation, we both know what the answer to your question would be.. In addition IRCC requires nothing less than 30kCAD..

So 10kCAD wont be enough, if you need to build on the amount, please do.. If it requires you work for months, please go ahead..

As a Self-sponsor, your Proof Of Funds must be really convincing to the Visa Officer...

Peace
SailingSeafarer:
@frankrobbn1 @justwise @makano

Please brothers , I am still not clear on this .

I have 20k USD in my account
I intend to apply for a two year Masters program.
Tuition for the 2 years(6 semesters) is 10 CAD
If I pay full tuition, I will be left with 10k USD

My concern is : is 10k enough for POF or should I work for more months and increase that amount?
From your experience, given my course duration, can insufficient POF be grounds for visa refusal?

Note: I am single , employed(I work on ships). I will sponsor myself. My Masters program is very much related to me B.sc and current work.

Will appreciate some guidance on this please. This is the only place I get real, helpful ideas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bblight: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good afternoon everyone.

Please I plan on submitting my study permit application by weekend.

I just what to confirm if taking the covid-19 vaccine has any impact on the decision of your application because I haven’t taken the vaccine yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bblight:
Good afternoon everyone.

I just what to confirm if taking the covid-19 vaccine has any impact on the decision of your application because I haven’t taken the vaccine yet.

No it doesn’t have any effect on your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayok90: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bblight:
Good afternoon everyone.

I just what to confirm if taking the covid-19 vaccine has any impact on the decision of your application because I haven’t taken the vaccine

Vaccination does not affect your visa decision...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Titan

I won't advise you withdraw your application, you may be withdrawing your approval and re-applying for a refusal.. Some days back, we saw a moniker on this great forum getting his/her approval after 11 months of applying, so yours isn't a closed case.. So I wont advise you withdraw ..

What you need to do now is to start throwing daily mails to IRCC cos you have every right to do so...

Find below the emails addresses of the concerned Offices and also the Webform for Nairobi office..

NAIROBI WEBFORM
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

NAIROBI

LAGOS

LONDON

ACCRA

Send at least 5 mails everyday to this Offices, do not copy, send individually to each Office... Let them know that your application is far delayed and your resumption time is in few weeks time(January 2022) and you need final decision from them so you can prepare yourself adequately for your resumption date..

Peace
Titan1295:
Good day everyone..
Please I need your help. I applied for my Visa and had biometric on the 28th May. I used an agent though because this is my first application. I was ignorant of the process before now, but I can say that I have learned a lot from Nairaland since I joined the thread after my Biometric. I appreciate.

My challenge at the moment is that I haven't gotten any decision uptil this moment. This is going to the 7th month. Please how do I raise a webform, order GCkey, email the MP of my province ( if the email has a particular format, please help on that), any other suggestions?

I am really tired of waiting and it seems I have been stucked in one spot for 7months .

@makano @lekiboe @justmelo @lallana @ Anon @ all the good people of Nairaland, too numerous to mention. Please brethren, look into this my matter. I just need a decision first no matter what, though I'm hopeful and praying for a positive result. Sometimes I feel like withdrawing the application but a thought always make me stop and be patient till the end but I'm running out of fuel on a daily.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agape123: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
makano:
Hello Titan

I won't advise you withdraw your application, you may be withdrawing your approval and re-applying for a refusal.. Some days back, we saw a moniker on this great forum getting his/her approval after 11 months of applying, so yours isn't a closed case.. So I wont advise you withdraw ..

What you need to do now is to start throwing daily mails to IRCC cos you have every right to do so...

Find below the emails addresses of the concerned Offices and also the Webform for Nairobi office..

NAIROBI WEBFORM
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

NAIROBI

LAGOS

LONDON

ACCRA

Send at least 5 mails everyday to this Offices, do not copy, send individually to each Office... Let them know that your application is far delayed and your resumption time is in few weeks time(January 2022) and you need final decision from them so you can prepare yourself adequately for your resumption date..

Peace

In addition, message your schools province MP to find out what’s going on with your application and how he can help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good afternoon everyone

Please I just did my medicals at qlife. How do I upload the emedical sheet pls?

Also… how would I know a document that was sent via webform has been added to my application ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
feistymikey:
Good afternoon everyone

Also… how would I know a document that was sent via webform has been added to my application ??

Google Canadian webform and keep sending the slip daily till your app changes to medical passed.. You are sending daily cos if you send once or twice it wont be updated on your app cos these guys are super busy with multiple apps.

Sometimes you get an acknowledgement but most times you don't but rest assured once sent, it has gotten to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello feistymikey

You can send it across to IRCC through the Nairobi Web-form or their email... Find below

NAIROBI WEBFORM

NAIROBI

After sending it, you may get an acknowledgment from them or not... But your Medicals will def be updated to Pass in days or weeks time..

But have it in mind that whatever you send to them, they already received it... With or without a response from them..

Peace
feistymikey:
Good afternoon everyone

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Foski01:
Can one go to Ghana, spend 14days and fly to Canada from there?
That's exactly what I'm doing. Will leave on tue
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hello Anon

This isn't totally correct... There is no need for a daily message as regards uploading an upfront medical E-sheet...

Have it in mind that IRCC actually work with what the Clinics send to them and not necessarily the ones sent by applicants, but because of lack of patience from applicants, they tend to send their own copy of the Medical result which doesn't actually contain the actual and deatiled Medical Results of the applicant, just a summary...

This is not a delayed application situation where you have to keep reminding them of your delayed application via mails and webform..

Even if you don't submit the E-medical slip after your Medicals, your Medical will still be passed. And this is cos IRCC works with the Full detailed result the clinics send to them and not what the applicant actually upload...

Be guided..

Peace
Anon123:

Google Canadian webform and keep sending the slip daily till your app changes to medical passed.. You are sending daily cos if you send once or twice it wont be updated on your app cos these guys are super busy with multiple apps.

Sometimes you get an acknowledgement but most times you don't but rest assured once sent, it has gotten to them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
makano:
Hello Anon

This isn't totally correct... There is no need for a daily message as regards uploading an upfront medical E-sheet...

Have it in mind that IRCC actually work with what the Clinics send to them and not necessarily the ones sent by applicants, but because of lack of patience from applicants, they tend to send their own copy of the Medical result which doesn't actually contain the actual and deatiled Medical Results of the applicant, just a summary...

This is not a delayed application situation where you have to keep reminding them of your delayed application via mails and webform..

Even if you don't submit the E-medical slip after your Medicals, your Medical will still be passed. And this is cos IRCC works with the Full detailed result the clinics send to them and not what the applicant actually upload...

Be guided..

Peace

Understood..

Thanks for the correction.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Richie4l: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hey I would appreciate if I could get to contact you on a personal have some questions I feel you could help me with
It's PPR!
He is a miracle working God, my ocean divider, he who breaks protocol for my sake and corrects all my mistake to perfection. I give him all the glory for a perfect Sunday morning gift.
I have been a silent reader, discovered this thread after submitting my application and I was sad because I missed a lot of things on my application especially my compressed financial document which was not clear enough after compressing it, but I keep my hopes high while taking notes of what I missed paraventure I need to reapply.
I want to thank everyone here for your post and comments as it became the source of strength for me these past weeks while tapping into people's testimony and learning from questions being asked.
Here is my timeline.
Application submitted = Sept 25th 2021
Biometrics done= Sept 27th 2021
Biometrics updated = Sept 27th 2021
Upfront Medical passed = Oct 25th 2021
Correspondence letter= Dec 01 2021
PPR= Dec 05 2021
First time applicant. I have been to UAE once 2014, US rejected application 2017.
MBA program in UCW Jan 2022 intake.
To God be the glory.
[/quote]

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jumax28:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Good morning my people (especially @Ketima)
Praise the Lord, what God cannot do does not exist. I give all glory, honour, praises, everything and all things to the God of heaven, creator of the world, the one who never sleeps or slumber, the one who answereth by fire, the king of kings, the Lord of Lord, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, THE LORD WHO SAYS YES AND NO MAN OR SPIRIT CAN SAY SO, MY GUARANTOR.

My journey her started in 2015 while in the UK. I applied to four universities for my LLM and only got in at University of Ottawa but my father's friend who lives in Canada says its more expensive than UK. Thus, ended continuation of my studies in UK with my LLM. 2016,my dad traveled to Canada again and met with an immigration consultant and explain all to them that it cheaper than UK (apparently my father's friend do charge my dad US DOLLARS as CAD for everything my dad does on Canada). It was then my father knew the kind of friend he has.

The consultant asked me and my sis to apply to colleges for PGC from the UK, We got in but then the devil taught he had succeeded (my father was scammed by another friend in same Canada and lost lot of money). Then he could only sponsor one person. As a big sister haven been to the UK years before my younger sis, I stepped down and ask her to go. She left new year 2017 while I came down to Nigeria.

Coming down, I have saved money to cover tuition deposit for Canada, so convinced my dad that he should only sponsor me to enter since I had the tuition, he agreed. I applied on my won because, the Canada consultant was charging us $2,000. The course was PGC paralegal. I submitted my app.with my LLB, BSc. LLM but was refused due to no career progression and not convinced I will come back. I reapplied but this time with the consultant since he was the one who handle my sis app then. He first charged us $200 for GCSMC note (the refusal comprehensive note).

The second app. was done with a long SOP and all documents notarized yet another refusal that they were not convinced I will come back, travel history, purpose of visit. Then I gave up and pursued my NYSC, law school. I was called to bar 2019 and start work. It was last year September my dad and sis started fighting me that I was too comfortable with Nigeria. I told my dad not to start because he had said then in 2017 that must I ho back, people were making in Nigeria and no more education or PhD for me in his house. That I was going to do that in my husband's house (me that do not have boyfriend talk less).

He apologized then I started with WES, IELTS (first attempt, L:6.5, R:8.5, W:5.5, S:6.5), tutorials in IELTS (second attempt, L:8.5,R:7.5,W:6.5,S:8.0) submitted EE and went on with some Provincial nominee. Yet nothing until August my sis started with apply for a masters program again after getting rejected in Carleton University for a PhD program even though I had secured supervisor and using the same proposal to bag two phd offer in UK and 1 Australia. In order for peace to be, I applied and was given admission and the submitted the application.

Just this morning, what God cannot do does not exist. My God is awesome, too good, to faithful to fail me

Congratulations sis will join you soon!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good afternoon.

I paid the transmission fee at the bank and was given a receipt is that what am submitting?

Secondly what pages am I signing on the consent form?

Please I would appreciate a quick response.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bblight: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ayok90:

Vaccination does not affect your visa decision...

Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hi,
Yes to your first question.

You will fill and sign page 2(2copies)

Cheers

quote author=Jumax28 post=108263129]Good afternoon.

I paid the transmission fee at the bank and was given a receipt is that what am submitting?

Secondly what pages am I signing on the consent form?

Please I would appreciate a quick response.

Thank you [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lydiesoft1:
Though who booked flight through Ethiopian airline, what are we going to do? Is there any group chat for us? My flight was supposed to be this Saturday 11th December

Mee. Mine is on the 17th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mexican embassy has replied me. We are double sure that we don't need visas.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
bigsolo:

What they told me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
This Ban is ending soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
bigsolo:

Why not move it to ghana and move from ghana thats the only option for now cos they are not sure of moving from cotonou.. my agent told me so
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
I won’t advice anyone to do Ghana with stories We’ve heard there of Extortion.

Mexico seems quite better Option.

Regards.
Jaymaster18:

Why not move it to ghana and move from ghana thats the only option for now cos they are not sure of moving from cotonou.. my agent told me so

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bigsolo: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
What if they add Ghana tomorrow? They way these people are tagging African countries is alarming.
Now UK is halting further visiting visa to UK

Jaymaster18:

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.