Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (863114 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jazi432: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
They will reroute back to you.
Mine was sent to Abuja by VFS Lagos, and i got it back without paying any additional fee.
Bushboy009:

Please reply gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jazi432: 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations
usor00:
The God that did yours will do it for us,amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afomon12: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations my bestie. Its good news for us and i pray my ppr drops soon too in Jesus name. Amen ! I really celebrate this victory
Yeemmy:

PPR ALERT �

Application submitted: May 7
Biometrics completed: May 17
Request letter: May 14
Responded via webform: June 1
Responded via NSE platform: July 5 (uploaded Letter of Explanation with letter of English proficiency, and updated personal bank statement).
Upfront medicals: June 1
Medicals passed: June 7
BVL: September 1
PPR: September 3

Documents submitted:
CV
Recommendation letter from my academic supervisors (1st and 2nd degree)—Both hammering on the need of my proposed PhD program and how it would greatly benefit Nigeria.
Certificates and transcripts.
Letter of support from my brother (He expressly noted the amount he transferred to my account, 2M).
Letter of Attestation from my parents.
Picture with my parents (recent).
Land documents (Agreement).

POF:
Funding Letter.
Personal bank statement (4 months, with history of 3M).
Brother’s bank statement (4 months, foreign account).
Brother’s pay slip.

The wait was really daunting and exhausting. At some points, I was overwhelmed and doubting my application - It was after I submitted my application I join this thread, then, I began to raise webforms and SHOOTING EMAILS to Nairobi to further fine tune my application based on the recommendation and advice from the gurus here. More so, I PRAYED AND FASTED so that the VOs should overlook my mistakes�

As at this time last year, I cant imagine that I could be at this level, in fact, I was about giving up on scholarship after receiving several love letters from Professors. Then, I give it another trial this year—I am heading to UBC for a PhD program with funding. (B.Tech 2014; MSc 2019).

To God be thy glory.
Great is thy faithfulness.

To all PPR Hopefuls: You will get it very soon by the grace of God—Your labour will not be in vain. The mercy and the favour of God will envelope your application. God in His infinite mercies will cover your mistakes and color your efforts. The joy will go round. We all testify to the goodness of God and his name will be magnified. He will surely come through for everyone. He’s a faithful God: He thou has promised; he’s faithful and will make it happen very soon. It is well!

Thank you Everyone, God bless you���
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mamatee2: 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations!

Yeemmy:

PPR ALERT �

Responded via NSE platform: July 5 (uploaded Letter of Explanation with letter of English proficiency, and updated personal bank statement).

Documents submitted:
CV
Recommendation letter from my academic supervisors (1st and 2nd degree)—Both hammering on the need of my proposed PhD program and how it would greatly benefit Nigeria.
Letter of support from my brother (He expressly noted the amount he transferred to my account, 2M).

POF:
Funding Letter.
Brother’s pay slip.

The wait was really daunting and exhausting. At some points, I was overwhelmed and doubting my application - It was after I submitted my application I join this thread, then, I began to raise webforms and SHOOTING EMAILS to Nairobi to further fine tune my application based on the recommendation and advice from the gurus here. More so, I PRAYED AND FASTED so that the VOs should overlook my mistakes�

As at this time last year, I cant imagine that I could be at this level, in fact, I was about giving up on scholarship after receiving several love letters from Professors. Then, I give it another trial this year—I am heading to UBC for a PhD program with funding. (B.Tech 2014; MSc 2019).

To God be thy glory.

To all PPR Hopefuls: You will get it very soon by the grace of God—Your labour will not be in vain. The mercy and the favour of God will envelope your application. God in His infinite mercies will cover your mistakes and color your efforts. The joy will go round. We all testify to the goodness of God and his name will be magnified. He will surely come through for everyone. He’s a faithful God: He thou has promised; he’s faithful and will make it happen very soon. It is well!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by philit22(m): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
ODUNESKI:
Just got ppr!

Sending this here to encourage someone, wish everyone still waiting the best and good news soon!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
mamatee2:
Thank you very much Testimonytime.
Yes, he has completed it and I see yours being perfected too.
Your testimony is just a step away and also for every one waiting.
What God cannot do does not exist!

Amen. You are in the spirit sis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OGRukky: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
ManLikeMace:
AWAITING PPR

Manlikemace: April 4th | Upfront medicals: Passed
Ketima: May 29th | Upfront medicals: Passed
davidbanky: July 27th | Upfront medicals: More test required, already did the test
Godsfave: May 14th | Upfront medicals: Passed
childgodly: May 12th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Harbay30: June 4th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
mercy445: May 5th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Kam3: April 23rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Ishola049: May 8th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
SAF2K: July 16th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jubileefraizer: June 3rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Akanoa: June 24th| Upfront Medicals: Passed | Deferred to JAN
JosephYemsol: July 19th | Upfront Medicals: Passed | JAN Resumption
Iffylove: July 21st | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Elixosodi: May 24th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Blazca: May 13th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
fejiromich: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jojorito007: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
ChisZom: May 14th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
OGRukky:May 7th | Medicals:passed| deferred to JAN

Please share yours if you are still expecting PPR
It will definitely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
If you really appreciate reward us with your timeline! Please give back!
Congratulations!

gentledoj:
thanks, i really appreciate this!

so, with the request of my passport now, do i have the visa already or another process again? just curious

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OGRukky: 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations May Canada favour you
Yeemmy:

PPR ALERT �

Documents submitted:
CV

POF:
Funding Letter.
Brother’s pay slip.

To God be thy glory.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Redaddict: 12:05am On Sep 04, 2021
Congratulations. May Canada Favour you.
Amen to all your prayers. I know I shall testify soon by God’s grace.
Yeemmy:

PPR ALERT �

Documents submitted:
CV

POF:
Funding Letter.
Brother’s pay slip.

To God be thy glory.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 12:06am On Sep 04, 2021
Yeemmy:

PPR ALERT �

Documents submitted:
CV

POF:
Funding Letter.
Brother’s pay slip.

To God be thy glory.

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 12:10am On Sep 04, 2021
Andir:
My Application Details
Submitted my application April 13th
Upfront Medicals 19th May
Additional Documents uploaded 10th August
Eligibility review 11th August
Rejected the NSE request,
BVL 13th August
Long pause and wait
PPR dropped 1st September
My background check still reads “we are processing “ it didn’t change since I submitted my application.

Documents uploaded
Passport page
Imm forms something funny happened, it made me worried, I couldn’t submit one of the forms I think imm5257 it kept refusing to submit I downloaded like plenty times filled and uploaded but it refused, I just left it since it was optional and didn’t submit it.
Birth certificate
Statement of result
Nysc certificate
Waec
University transcript
Appointment letter from my last job (I’m not currently working and I stated it, was a bit scared this would not work in my favor but I explained why I stopped working due to some family issues and eventually decided to concentrate on my application)
Reference letter from previous employer
Police Character
Picture of me at work
Proof of finance from sponsor my aunt (from an investment company of her mutual funds, this really scared me as it wasn’t a bank but God helped me oh, all my fasting, novenas and prayers worked)
Letter of sponsorship from sponsor
Affidavit of sponsorship
Landed property of sponsor
Receipt of first semester paid
Aunts marriage certificate to show surname
Family Pictures
Aunt’s international passport
My 4 page SOP

NOTE;
I had an agent that advised me on documents to compile and helped edit my SOP and Aunts Sponsorship letter, so I handled my application myself, and I submitted it before coming to naira land, honestly I got scared when I joined, seeing the documents a lot of people put in their application I felt mine wasn’t enough, also her statement of account and international passport had her maiden name (my surname in it) I don’t know if that also helped, after some time I reached out to some monikers like Emeka and @shupy who also really helped me with good advice, I was patient and prayed that’s all I could do eventually I noticed that my NSE request was still showing till after a month, then I had to write a letter to explain why I wouldn’t be going the route because the investment company isn’t listed and I also got a letter from the company stating my aunt would sponsor me and she can redraw from her account anytime( I think this really helped my application) because I didn’t submit this letter earlier. So after waiting I still sent a webform of the letter from the investment company so it’ll be added to my application, sent it in July and it uploaded and they acknowledged they received it in August 11th I have a feeling this is what delayed my application even after BVL came almost 3weeke before my final result.
In conclusion it was God all through because my application was far from perfect, I didn’t submit any personal bank statement or ownership of any property (this made me scared) but In the End I left it in Gods hands.
I wish you all the best and thanks to everyone who has helped, and also people that post their timelines, honestly it helps a lot, I hope mine helps and encourages someone

Congratulations. He is the God of all flesh, nothing is impossible for Him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by explorer00: 12:38am On Sep 04, 2021
mastersammy:

Right now your best bet is to opt in for Post Graduate degree bcus it will be extremely difficult for you to get a program in Masters degree due to your grade, cus master degree programs are competitive so they consider applicants with good grades first.

Secondly, at your age , make sure you have a personal asset of your own (Home Ties) bcus it will add more strength to your Home Ties.

If there is any other thing, feel free to post it here

Thanks so much for the response . I appreciate. The asset (for pof) belongs to my parents .
But I also a couple of lands to my name as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 12:53am On Sep 04, 2021
makano:
The last time I checked, its N27K.. Dunno about now

Applicants that have done of recent can update if the price has changed

Peace

Thank you Makano, i will inform him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olanray01(m): 1:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Do u have an idea how much it is ?
gaduchendu:

I would advice you do your upfront Medicals and upload it Instead waiting for Medical Request. The tenancy is for VO to concentrate Applicant with complete application. My candid opinion

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehiremen2002: 1:17am On Sep 04, 2021
@Mamatee2, I think you had similar application with my Aunty. I have been trying to get more information on process when one has hight school student applying for student permit with accompanying mummy. Will you been willing to share some information with her?

I can share their email address if you dont mind.

mamatee2:
Congratulations to those that recently received PPR and to the hopefuls, may the Lord grant your heart desires. Stay hopeful and prayerful. Your PPR is on the way! It will surely end in praise for what God cannot do does not exist!

Meanwhile, my daughter's (13 years old) PPR dropped this morning to the glory of God.

I applied for study permit along with her on May 3, 2021 but forgot to include a consent letter from my husband for her to travel along with me. So when my PPR dropped on Aug 24 (I already shared all the details and timeline in the previous thread), hers didn't drop, but instead I got a request letter for the Non Accompanying Parent Authorization Letter to travel.

I uploaded the letter on the 25th Aug and the wait began...I actually thought it wouldn't take more than a day or 2 because her eligibility started on that 24th Aug, so I believed it was just the authorization letter that was delaying the approval.

I sent webforms and emails but received the usual auto responses.

Yesterday, I sent an email to nairobi and I added "PRIORITY" to the subject of the email. (Note: I did this because I read on their contact page that they are currently focusing only on a list of priority enquiries one of which is my case - "You need to submit documents requested by one of our officers"wink. Please, I'm not advising this except your case is on the priority enquiries.

As soon as I sent the email, I got the attached response...this isn't the usual response. When I saw "Missions abroad", I thought to myself, Mission ke...I hope I've not complicated things. I kept hoping and praying.
Then her PPR dropped very early this morning.

Thank you to everyone who contributed and are still contributing to this platform. You will surely be rewarded by the great rewarder himself. God bless you all!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:21am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning guys, I'm going for my ielts test this morning. Na only God fit run am as my spirit don comot for that test since the last time i did it in 2018.

I pray plenty PPRs drop today as most schools are resuming next week. God will favour everyone expecting PPR. No more refusals or rejections in Jesus name. Joy overflow in Jesus name. Amen

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doree: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning all,

Please those that have already landed in Canada, if you first land in a province en route to your final destination, will you be given your student permit et al there?
E.g my flight will first land in Montreal, have a two hours layover before moving to Halifax. Will I be subjected to the Montreal arrival rules (covid test, student permit, etc) or will I still be regarded as a traveller till I reach my final destination?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olasubomy: 2:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Doree:
Good morning all,

Please those that have already landed in Canada, if you first land in a province en route to your final destination, will you be given your student permit et al there?
E.g my flight will first land in Montreal, have a two hours layover before moving to Halifax. Will I be subjected to the Montreal arrival rules (covid test, student permit, etc) or will I still be regarded as a traveller till I reach my final destination?

You will be screened at your first point of entry. Since you will be landing first in Montreal, that is where you will be issued your study permit after verification by the respective CBSA officer.

I presume your DLI is at Halifax. I would suggest you liaise with the immigration advisor of your school regarding the present COVID guidelines in Halifax or any other thing you need to know, but the bulk of your screening would be done in Montreal.

Safe trip in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doree: 3:01am On Sep 04, 2021
olasubomy:

You will be screened at your first point of entry. Since you will be landing first in Montreal, that is where you will be issued your study permit after verification by the respective CBSA officer.

I presume your DLI is at Halifax. I would suggest you liaise with the immigration advisor of your school regarding the present COVID guidelines in Halifax or any other thing you need to know, but the bulk of your screening would be done in Montreal.

Safe trip in advance.

Thank you very much, Olasubomy. I really appreciate your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Doree: 3:08am On Sep 04, 2021
Na anxiety keep me awake by this time o.

Biko, Please those that have landed in Montreal, is there any pre arrival form I can fill to speed up the process of getting my permit there so than I can meet up with my connecting flight to my final destination?

Also can someone recommend a good lab for covid test in Lagos pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 04, 2021
I received my gcms note. Eligibility is bank

Security blank

Does info sharing complete mean anything positive?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teenie19(f): 3:49am On Sep 04, 2021
Edit: all sorted now

Pls if you missed your flight from quebec to toronto due to flight delay and immigration, what did you do? Flight was supposed go be operated by air canada even though i used Lufthansa. Air Canada is saying there is nothinf they can do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MsJanez01: 3:56am On Sep 04, 2021
ManLikeMace:

I don't know if i am allowed to talk about agents here but since i was really busy when I was applying last year I went with infoplace canada. She helped me get a lawyer in Canada. They handled most of it and all I had to do was go through the documents and get the notarized here in Nigeria. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Sure ure allowed. I see. Which of the schools did you get admission? And hope u send mails and webforms to ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 4:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Jazi432:
They will reroute back to you.
Mine was sent to Abuja by VFS Lagos, and i got it back without paying any additional fee.

How many days did it take to get your passport back please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nnamdiosang: 6:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Jioke1994:
Hi ppr hopefuls!
The below is from a friend of mine.
Pls, is it true?

My agent is finalizing the application to apply next week oo.
He wants it to be done paper application.
He said that's the best way.

How true is the above?
Pls, we need your input.
Paper application kwa, in 2021, nawa oo. Nothing person no go hear untop all these agent matter. Flee from the agent, it's obvious he's clueless. Find a way to get your docs from him, u are better off running ur application urself with all the info on this forum, u can as well enlist the help of any of the gurus here if ur profile is complicated.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Trueigbo: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2021
SoFaithly:
Gcms notes came in today, please, kindly assist to interpret. I applied for SOWP for my wife, I am here in Canada already.

This is not clear. Resend it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2021
Application submitted: march 11th
Upfront medical: passed
Awaiting PPR

[quote author=OGRukky post=105468143][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 825jobs: 7:01am On Sep 04, 2021
JosephYemsol,
Lianna2020

Please I need a link for police report. Preferably the one that costs 5k grin. Need to do it next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManlikeDee: 7:07am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning gurus,

Please how do I start my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gilb231: 7:26am On Sep 04, 2021
Please I need some guidance.

I have been accepted for 3 year advanced diploma in Computer systems technology at Seneca college for May 2022 ( I deferred from January 2022)

I graduate with a bsc in microbiology in 2013 complete my NYSC in 2015. I worked in the IT industry for 3 years till I opened my company(graphic design and photography) in 2018 which is my source of employment till date. I have completed an online IBM course in Cybersecurity and I also have CompTia A+ certification to show my dedication to the IT field.

Proof of funds
N6-7m in Business account which I am the major shareholder and founder
N3m in personal account
Paid tuition deposit of 8300CAD
(Should I transfer the money in my company account to my personal account as educational grant from the company to the founder)

I plan to fund gic funds OF $10k to show financial commitment with funds I will be receiving from family

Ties to home country
My little company (CAC Documents)
Landed property in my name (just a agreement and survey plan) N1m as of when bought in 2016
My father owns properties with C of O as well as share certificates value to be determined
I have all his names (junior)

Please any pointers before I go ahead with my application on what I should do to improve my application as I will be handling the whole process personally.
Is it ok to submit my application in December before the 10th of December.

I’m single
Unmarried
No travel history
29years by October 2021

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Demmy10: 7:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello guys

Please I seek advice on funding issue
I want to ask if my Dad elder brother can be my sponsor and my dad co sponsor

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.