Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (858287 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ivygive:
LONG POST ALERT

PPR REQUEST
First application
Applied 2019 October and was denied Dec 2019 for purpose of visit and family ties. Reasons given in GCMS was; VAGUE SOP, had an MSC and applied for PGD. I used my kids and husband as family ties yet was denied. There was a rain of rejection that set. Covid came so I took a break 2020.

Second application
April 2nd 2021
Medical upfront march 26th 2021
Biometrics 2019
Ordered 1st GCMS July eligibility blank
Ordered 2nd GCMS August 4th hasn't arrived.
Sent webforms to update bank statement because I ddnt give MBS and new passport In July.
PPR 1st September
Eligibility ddnt start till I saw ppr request ,background as well is still under review.

Documents submitted
IMM forms
Tuition receipt for a semester is MBA 2yrs
SOP 6pages
LOE 4pages
CAC documents for hubby
Personal bank statements first bank no MBS
Certificates
Admission letter
IELTS Academic and General
Self-sponsored

What I did differently!
I want to encourage people with visa denied, this post is for you it will surely come no matter the amount of trials as long as you don't give up.I felt very one from 2019 to date, never missed a post. You guys are a faceless family.
I rugged this Canadian dream with 2PNP's not successful, awaiting another, expired IELTS twice.

I explained in details purpose for MBA and future prospects back home. I expressed sadness for the reason of family ties even though it could mean more(Assets) but I used my kids and hubby. I added lovely christmas family pictures, me on my farm feeding animals. Pictures and receipt of machines in the farm. I opted for self sponsored so I had to do extra with just pictures as proof. Every application is unique do what works for you. Nigerians are not trusted easily so I hard no choice, heard the way other countries apply honestly we do extra to proof a point. They don't stress yet get approved in weeks. I choose self sponsored so they will concentrate on only my account. Hubby transferred 1st semester tuition and I made an excel breakdown of how I get payed, not a salary earner so my monthly pay is not regular and I explained. Paid myself so the account keeps running.

Started online and sent enrollment letter and vaccination card, bank statements updated. New passport with validity of 1+ year not ready to queue in Ottawa, abeg thing are still easier here. If webform and mail was a person, I will be sanctioned.

They school asked me not to register for second semester because they cant refund 2terms just 6hours to PPR. I made up my mind to continue.

Chocs, Justmellow ,Frankrobben1,@lekiboboe all contributed to my submission but you all contributed most to the knowledge . I am glad I started in the month so there was no way I wont testify here. Excuse my typos I don't have English certificate .
Congratulations ma'am on your Study Visa Approval

To the Bolded cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations to you. I am awaiting for my PPR today.
ODUNESKI:
Just got ppr!

Sending this here to encourage someone, wish everyone still waiting the best and good news soon!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
Applied May 11
NSE Request May 25
NSE Received May 27
Resumed Classes online September 2
Awaiting OPPR today

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
OMO , LWKMD!!! I'm having a good laugh right now abeg .. I wantu talk but I haven't gotten ppr , so let me be humble to God till I cross border and graduate abeg grin these are Nigerians that will say i suffered while I came newly , you too have to suffer .. Tufiakwa !!

Lianna2020:
Lwkmd grin grin
I had to check o, just 3 pages and you call am wealth of experience? grin.
Don’t make me laugh o.
I’m praying hard o, make God do am for me oo, I wan cross border oo madam hope and faith.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
I don grab one prayer point like this grin

Faithyyyyy:

God will help you to cross the border oooh.

Peace ✌

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gentledoj(m): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
mamatee2:
When you get to DHL to submit your passport, tell them you are doing 2-way courier and they will deliver at your doorstep.

thanks, i really appreciate this!

so, with the request of my passport now, do i have the visa already or another process again? just curious
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Presido95: 3:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
gentledoj:
thanks, i really appreciate this!

so, with the request of my passport now, do i have the visa already or another process again? just curious

Your original passport is being requested so your visa can be issued on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gentledoj(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=Presido95 post=105454795]

Your original passport is being requested so your visa can be issued on it.[/quote

wahoooooo, it will take how many days to get the passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChisZom: 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
demmyg4real:

Please don't opt your expectations...

Always be positive as such; expect a good decision except if you have not made up ur mind to japa

Thank you so much for this demmyg4real
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hi, been a long time people.

So I need help. Anyone able to deposit funds in GIC with CIBC? I am having issues doing this and payment instructions generated will expire on Tuesday. Can someone who has done it help with info how he/she did it? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ChisZom: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
ODUNESKI:
Just got ppr!

Sending this here to encourage someone, wish everyone still waiting the best and good news soon!

Congrats!!!! I tap into your blessings! I’m encouraged!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gentledoj(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
wahooo, so it will take like how many days or weeks to get the passport back?
Presido95:

Your original passport is being requested so your visa can be issued on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Presido95: 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
gentledoj:
wahooo, so it will take like how many days or weeks to get the passport back?

Plan for about 10-11 working days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
Favour132:
Good morning sir.

Can someone get a fully funded scholarship for Masters in Education M’ed? Any link to that?
Good morning ma'am

Why not.

Nothing is impossible. As far as a Professor of Education in a Canadian University has grants (funds) & finds you a best fit for his/her research.

Its you that will seat down and do serious research on Professors of Education in Canadian Universities whose Research Areas/Focus aligns with your Research interests for Masters, most especially a Research area you have prior research experience on e.g your Undergraduate Final Year Thesis (project) or any form of Research Experience.

Your ability to convince a Professor that you gonna be a good fit would make you stand a chance to get a Fully-funded Masters.

Looking for FULLY-FUNDED GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES is like when you are testing & sampling a site and want to mine mineral resources

The Contents in the link will guide you on that

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

See the link below for

Masters in Education Programs & Canadian Universities offering them (Opooor!!!)

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Education&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Google the ones you have something in common with, visit their faculties, people or staff, that's where you gonna see their Professors, Associate Professors, in which many of them have their Research areas, publications, contact email etc. on their profile when you click on their name. Once you see them, apply what you learnt in the first link to each of the professors in a non-generic way

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
makano:
Make I vex oo.. grin grin grin

If not, many peeps will just come here to take take and take and when they get their PPR, they will kidnap themselves from this thread without giving back...

PPR applicants should have an habit of dropping their Timelines and documents submitted when they get their PPR, your bank account wont be debited when you do this..

To all PPR applicants, If you do not drop your Timeline and documents submitted after getting your PPR.. If you come back here for questions no one will answer you..

Its a Movement

Peace

Hello makano, me I'm here today to take take take. grin grin grin

Na my brother o, he wants to remark his ielts as he has L8.5, S7, R7, W6. Please how much for the remark?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Good morning ma'am

Why not.

Nothing is impossible. As far as a Professor of Education in a Canadian University has grants (funds) & finds you a best fit for his/her research.

Its you that will seat down and do serious research on Professors of Education in Canadian Universities whose Research Areas/Focus aligns with your Research interests for Masters, most especially a Research area you have prior research on e.g your Undergraduate Final Year Thesis (project) or any form of Research Experience.

Your ability to convince a Professor that you gonna be a good fit would make you stand a chance to get a Fully-funded Masters.

Looking for FULLY-FUNDED GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES is like when you are testing & sampling a site and want to mine mineral resources

The Contents in the link will guide you on that

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

See the link below for

Masters in Education Programs & Canadian Universities offering them (Opooor!!!)

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Education&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Google the one you have something in common with, visit their faculties, people or staff, that's where you gonna see their Professors, Associate Professors, in which many of them have their Research areas, publications, contact email etc. on their profile when you click on their name. Once you see them, apply what you learnt in the first link to each of the professors in a non-generic way

Bro weldone, how the weather over there. Hope say you dey kakaraka?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
Teemenzo:

Bro weldone, how the weather over there. Hope say you dey kakaraka?
Nagode Sosai.

Yesoooo.. The weather dey CHACHARAKACHA and e dey GIN GIN the body grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Trueigbo: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
justwise:

It’s not going to work , it will be turned to another visa and admission thread in no time.

That is why there is no separate thread like that here

Ok if you say so.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2021
Trueigbo:

Ok if you say so. Many questions about schools and admissions are not attended to.

Thank you

Lekiboboe is always a Goto, he's doing fantastically well here. He's our walking google. He get am, no be juju, no be gbana. Baba get am. Just knock his door.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
mercy445:
The more I looked at this, the more I feel a chronological order will give more insight into the spread of timelines. So I arranged it! Thanks @ManLikeMace

PPR hopeful

Lmao! Oh wow! That is so much work! I’ll continue from here and thanks a lot. I pray you get guys soon if you haven’t gotten it already

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 4:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Omo this wait is just terrible lol. I’ve been waiting since the 4th of April o. This is after judicial review o and IRCC accepting to settle out of court. Now I probably have to wait till September next year for my course. IRCC how far na? Shouldn’t my case be priority after my JR? Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KiNg0G: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
tell me about racism..... please tag me on topics and post on that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MsJanez01: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=ManLikeMace post=105456406]Omo this wait is just terrible lol. I’ve been waiting since the 4th of April o. This is after judicial review o and IRCC accepting to settle out of court. Now I probably have to wait till September next year for my course. IRCC how far na? Shouldn’t my case be priority after my JR? Lol [/quot

@ManLikeMace.. sorry to hear about your delay. It will surely end in praise. Which of the lawyers handled your case pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amiecandie: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2021
ManLikeMace:
AWAITING PPR

Manlikemace: April 4th | Upfront medicals: Passed
Ketima: May 29th | Upfront medicals: Passed
davidbanky: July 27th | Upfront medicals: More test required, already did the test
Godsfave: May 14th | Upfront medicals: Passed
childgodly: May 12th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Harbay30: June 4th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
mercy445: May 5th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Kam3: April 23rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Ishola049: May 8th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
SAF2K: July 16th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jubileefraizer: June 3rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Akanoa: June 24th| Upfront Medicals: Passed | Deferred to JAN
JosephYemsol: July 19th | Upfront Medicals: Passed | JAN Resumption
Iffylove: July 21st | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Elixosodi: May 24th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Blazca: May 13th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
fejiromich: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jojorito007: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
ChisZom: May 14th | Upfront Medicals: Passed

Please share yours if you are still expecting PPR
It will definitely end in praise.

Update

Application submitted : May 14th
Bio metrics: May 26th
Upfront medical: May 3rd
updated to pass: June 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
Wasn't that much work. I guess being a Data person I couldn't help it. PPR hopeful. Amen
ManLikeMace:

Lmao! Oh wow! That is so much work! I’ll continue from here and thanks a lot. I pray you get guys soon if you haven’t gotten it already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
The God that did yours will do it for us,amen
ODUNESKI:
Just got ppr!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Delux4luv: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello everyone, I need y’all to advice me. I have a sister who graduated with a 2’2 in physics. She’s obviously tired of physics and wants something different, preferably management courses. What schools and programs can she apply to in Canada and what are her chances. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demure178(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
Ivygive:
LONG POST ALERT

PPR REQUEST
First application
Applied 2019 October and was denied Dec 2019 for purpose of visit and family ties. Reasons given in GCMS was; VAGUE SOP, had an MSC and applied for PGD. I used my kids and husband as family ties yet was denied. There was a rain of rejection that set. Covid came so I took a break 2020.

Second application
April 2nd 2021
Medical upfront march 26th 2021
Biometrics 2019
Ordered 1st GCMS July eligibility blank
Ordered 2nd GCMS August 4th hasn't arrived.
Sent webforms to update bank statement because I ddnt give MBS and new passport In July.
PPR 1st September
Eligibility ddnt start till I saw ppr request ,background as well is still under review.

Documents submitted
IMM forms
Tuition receipt for a semester is MBA 2yrs
SOP 6pages
LOE 4pages
CAC documents for hubby
Personal bank statements first bank no MBS
Certificates
Admission letter
IELTS Academic and General
Self-sponsored

What I did differently!
I want to encourage people with visa denied, this post is for you it will surely come no matter the amount of trials as long as you don't give up.I felt very one from 2019 to date, never missed a post. You guys are a faceless family.
I rugged this Canadian dream with 2PNP's not successful, awaiting another, expired IELTS twice.

I explained in details purpose for MBA and future prospects back home. I expressed sadness for the reason of family ties even though it could mean more(Assets) but I used my kids and hubby. I added lovely christmas family pictures, me on my farm feeding animals. Pictures and receipt of machines in the farm. I opted for self sponsored so I had to do extra with just pictures as proof. Every application is unique do what works for you. Nigerians are not trusted easily so I hard no choice, heard the way other countries apply honestly we do extra to proof a point. They don't stress yet get approved in weeks. I choose self sponsored so they will concentrate on only my account. Hubby transferred 1st semester tuition and I made an excel breakdown of how I get payed, not a salary earner so my monthly pay is not regular and I explained. Paid myself so the account keeps running.

Started online and sent enrollment letter and vaccination card, bank statements updated. New passport with validity of 1+ year not ready to queue in Ottawa, abeg thing are still easier here. If webform and mail was a person, I will be sanctioned.

They school asked me not to register for second semester because they cant refund 2terms just 6hours to PPR. I made up my mind to continue.

Chocs, Justmellow ,Frankrobben1,@lekiboboe all contributed to my submission but you all contributed most to the knowledge . I am glad I started in the month so there was no way I wont testify here. Excuse my typos I don't have English certificate .

Has your passport expires for you to request for another here in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=MsJanez01 post=105457045][/quote]

I don't know if i am allowed to talk about agents here but since i was really busy when I was applying last year I went with infoplace canada. She helped me get a lawyer in Canada. They handled most of it and all I had to do was go through the documents and get the notarized here in Nigeria. If you have any more questions please let me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by impeccablerose: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
What feedback did you get from your bank?
All you need to do is to take the payment instruction to the bank and fill a foreign fund transfer form. The bank will process it. Ensure you have the sum you want to transfer in your dorm account (in the selected currency).

RollyA:
Hi, been a long time people.

So I need help. Anyone able to deposit funds in GIC with CIBC? I am having issues doing this and payment instructions generated will expire on Tuesday. Can someone who has done it help with info how he/she did it? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elfavour: 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
ManLikeMace:
AWAITING PPR

Manlikemace: April 4th | Upfront medicals: Passed
Ketima: May 29th | Upfront medicals: Passed
davidbanky: July 27th | Upfront medicals: More test required, already did the test
Godsfave: May 14th | Upfront medicals: Passed
childgodly: May 12th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Harbay30: June 4th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
mercy445: May 5th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Kam3: April 23rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Ishola049: May 8th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
SAF2K: July 16th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jubileefraizer: June 3rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Akanoa: June 24th| Upfront Medicals: Passed | Deferred to JAN
JosephYemsol: July 19th | Upfront Medicals: Passed | JAN Resumption
Iffylove: July 21st | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Elixosodi: May 24th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Blazca: May 13th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
fejiromich: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jojorito007: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
ChisZom: May 14th | Upfront Medicals: Passed

Please share yours if you are still expecting PPR
It will definitely end in praise.

July 28th, second application and submitted all NSE documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
The last time I checked, its N27K.. Dunno about now

Applicants that have done of recent can update if the price has changed

Peace
Teemenzo:

Hello makano, me I'm here today to take take take. grin grin grin

Na my brother o, he wants to remark his ielts as he has L8.5, S7, R7, W6. Please how much for the remark?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.