Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (858877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 6:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
Delux4luv:
Hello everyone, I need y’all to advice me. I have a sister who graduated with a 2’2 in physics. She’s obviously tired of physics and wants something different, preferably management courses. What schools and programs can she apply to in Canada and what are her chances. Thanks a lot.
If she has work experience in Management, she can go for PG. cert in a Management related program

If she doesn't,

She's left with no choice than to apply for a PG. Cert in a PHYSICS related program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 03, 2021
Blazca:
My gcms is 36 days old now and I haven't received it. Has anybody ever received from thegcmsonline.com?

At times, the duration use to be more than 40days,for a reason best known to them. I suggest you exercise more patience, it will be made available in due yime
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
explorer00:
Good day everyone, I have been following this thread for awhile and I have a few questions.

Firstly , I graduated with a poor grade at the university ( 3rd class ) im 30yrs .

What are the chances of getting a Canadian student visa ?

i plan on either of this options ;

1.applying for a Post Graduate degree .

2.masters programme

OR

3.starting Bsc afresh

i humbly require you honest advice on the best option to go for.

note: pof is also available but in assets

thanks

Right now your best bet is to opt in for Post Graduate degree bcus it will be extremely difficult for you to get a program in Masters degree due to your grade, cus master degree programs are competitive so they consider applicants with good grades first.

Secondly, at your age , make sure you have a personal asset of your own (Home Ties) bcus it will add more strength to your Home Ties.

If there is any other thing, feel free to post it here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
Tips & Tricks on how to secure Fully-funded Graduate Opportunities in a RESEARCH GROUP - STEM & Non-STEM (With an over 75% Success Rate if you do your DUE DILIGENCE) in Canada, USA & other countries

If you want to clinch scholarship opportunities for the 2022 intake, you gotta be STREET SMART , that being said,

"Do you know you can get Fully-funded Graduate opportunities in a Research Group?"

Let's go there,

Most of us have loads of RESEARCH INTERESTS, but some of the PROFS. we cold mail might just give us that response we don't want " Your Profile is good and i would have loved to supervise & work with you, but I don't have funding ".

To increase your Chances of getting a Fully-funded Graduate, leverage on looking for Research Groups related to your Research Interests. Most times RESEARCH GROUPS do get grants from government more than a Faculty.

Look at this illustration

STEM

Let's say for instance,

Am a Mechanical Engineering graduate (B.SC), and one of my RESEARCH INTERESTS is " Tribology", I went to google and type this keyword

"Tribology Research Group, Canada "

It brought out lists of TRIBOLOGY RESEARCH GROUPS in Canada

So I found a Research Lab/group called

NANOTRIBOLOGY LAB at the University of Calgary, Canada
https://www.ucalgary.ca/labs/nanotribology

So I read the webpage, on scrolling down, I saw the Group Leader of the Research Group (Professor) and an advert saying,

" Openings

We are currently searching for highly motivated and dedicated students to join the group.  Please email Dr. Egberts if you are interested in joining, and include a description of your research background, a current Academic CV, and a short one page statement of why you want to study nanoscience and/or friction".

As you can see in the above illustration from the Website, the Prof. is looking for Graduate Students in his Research Group

In some cases, Group Leader (Professor) of the research group might post an advertised position, so you have to do your due diligence by Cold mailing the Prof. to show interests in his/her Research Group.

Note:
Your Research Interests must be aligned with the Research Areas/Focus of the RESEARCH GROUP

NON_STEM

Let's assume am a graduate of History, International Relations, Political Science etc, &
my RESEARCH INTERESTS is on GENDER STUDIES

I googled "GENDER STUDIES RESEARCH GROUP CANADA"

and I saw this Research Group

Sexuality & Gender Research Group at Western University, Ontario, Canada

https://www.uwo.ca/womens/research/Sexuality%20and%20Gender%20Research%20Group.html

I had to look for the Group Leader of the Research Group & Cold mail him based on the RESEARCH AREA/FOCUS of the group.

While Cold Mailing Profs. Of University Faculties, you can aswell be cold mailing Professors of RESEARCH GROUPS......

Good luck!!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Jessica50:
OK I think I will do that too, how did you submit the new LOA to ircc

You can send your LOA to ircc either through their email address or webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hi RollyA what do you need?
Did mine in May

RollyA:
Hi, been a long time people.

So I need help. Anyone able to deposit funds in GIC with CIBC? I am having issues doing this and payment instructions generated will expire on Tuesday. Can someone who has done it help with info how he/she did it? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 825jobs: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Send me a DM via my profile here.

Hope this helps.

Please how much did you have to pay as deposit before you secured your Humber letter of acceptance?

Also is this money refundable or counts towards your school fees?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
Please Gurus, how much is police clearance certificate in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fejiromich: 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
You have to take the instruction to your bank... make a transfer from your dorm acc to the acc details on the instruction
RollyA:

So I need help. Anyone able to deposit funds in GIC with CIBC? I am having issues doing this and payment instructions generated will expire on Tuesday. Can someone who has done it help with info how he/she did it? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
Godmakesking:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bysolaro: 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
Trinity Western University o! Thank God for relationship building. grin
Oreoluwamipo:
Which school dey inform una like this abeg?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 7:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Godmakesking:
5k, could b less or more depending on your bargaining skills
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
My bank says it can’t do more than 3k USD, the payment instructions were 12k usd. The option is to source black market and put in dorm and initiate.

If I may ask, what bank did you use?

Can I send you a mail for more info?

impeccablerose:
What feedback did you get from your bank?
All you need to do is to take the payment instruction to the bank and fill a foreign fund transfer form. The bank will process it. Ensure you have the sum you want to transfer in your dorm account (in the selected currency).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
impeccablerose:
What feedback did you get from your bank?
All you need to do is to take the payment instruction to the bank and fill a foreign fund transfer form. The bank will process it. Ensure you have the sum you want to transfer in your dorm account (in the selected currency).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2021
Bushboy009:
Please what’s the best way to pay my tuition fees ? It’s urgent please
use form A.Its the cheapest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
My bank says it can’t do more than 3k USD, the payment instructions were 12k usd. The option is to source black market and put in dorm and initiate.

If I may ask, what bank did you use? Did you buy from black market, if not, how did you do yours? The other issue is if I source from black market and deposit, CBN will query the source. So the funds have to be something I can prove

Lovesarrow:
Hi RollyA what do you need?
Did mine in May

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bysolaro: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2021
I will not miss this blessing o…..

Applied July 17
Biometrics Completed July 19
Upfront medicals: next week
Starting classes online - September 21
Awaiting PPR before classes start

ManLikeMace:
AWAITING PPR

Manlikemace: April 4th | Upfront medicals: Passed
Ketima: May 29th | Upfront medicals: Passed
davidbanky: July 27th | Upfront medicals: More test required, already did the test
Godsfave: May 14th | Upfront medicals: Passed
childgodly: May 12th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Harbay30: June 4th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
mercy445: May 5th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Kam3: April 23rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Ishola049: May 8th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
SAF2K: July 16th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jubileefraizer: June 3rd | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Akanoa: June 24th| Upfront Medicals: Passed | Deferred to JAN
JosephYemsol: July 19th | Upfront Medicals: Passed | JAN Resumption
Iffylove: July 21st | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Elixosodi: May 24th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
Blazca: May 13th | Upfront Medicals: Passed
fejiromich: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
Jojorito007: May 14th| Upfront Medicals: Passed
ChisZom: May 14th | Upfront Medicals: Passed

Please share yours if you are still expecting PPR
It will definitely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foladimejiw: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
mercy445:
The more I looked at this, the more I feel a chronological order will give more insight into the spread of timelines. So I arranged it! Thanks @ManLikeMace

PPR hopeful

Thank you for the arrangement @mercy445
April people like me still remain

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

There's nothing to quote. I've gone through your posts and no such trace. All your comments are questions when you needed help. I'm assuming you forgot to post it after typing. Please post your timeline and documents submitted to encourage others.

Don't forget to give us landing gist too because the thing dey sweet well well.
But this is selfish of some ppl.very very selfish.They only come here to ask questions. The little u can do to help ,they wont

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
Pinkey2021:
IT’S ANOTHER PPR FOR MY FAMILY!!!

So, in May, I applied for my hubby’s niece. I did everything myself just like I did my own application.

My hubby (her paternal uncle) sponsored her.

Application: May 14
Background check: May 14
Upfront Medicals: May 19 (updated to pass May 26, same day I submitted the e-slip).
Biometrics: May 26
Applied for GCMS Notes: July 7
Received GCMS Notes: Aug 5
Eligibility started: Aug 5
BVL/PPR: Sept 2

Documents submitted:

PROOF OF FUNDS:
*1 Full Year Tuition receipt
*Sponsor’s company’s CAC certificate
*Sponsor’s company’s Tax certificate
*Sponsor’s MYBANKSTATEMENT Ticket and Password
*Sponsor’s Bank Reference Letter
*Sponsor’s Int’l Passport
*Sponsor’s Letter of Sponsorship
*Sponsor’s court sworn Affidavit of Sponsorship

MAIN DOCUMENTS
* Immigration Forms
*Letter of Acceptance
*Letter of Co-op requirement
*Birth Certificate
*Int’l Passport Data Page

SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
*Statement of purpose
*WAEC Certificate and Result Printout
*Travel Stamps on Int’l Passport

HOME TIES
*Affidavit of Return signed by her parents
*Parents and siblings birth certificates
*Family Pictures with family & sponsor’s children

Economic Ties (personal and financial assets)
*Her Father’s property deed of assignment (I indicated in her SOP that as her father’s first child, she is set to inherit the property, so would definitely return home).
*I didn’t include her bank statement because it’s quite new and she’s underage. Based on that I wrote in her letter of sponsorship that her uncle would pay her living expenses into a GIC account that would be opened for her after her visa has been approved. Also, I included in her sponsorship letter that in addition to sponsoring her education and taking care of her living expenses that her uncle(sponsor) is committed to hiring her in his company after graduation, which is one of the reasons he’s sponsoring her.
NOTE: her proposed program is in line with what his company does.

Once again, it has ended in Praise for my family!!!

POINTS TO NOTE:
I went against the norm but God answered me still.
*College application (she just turned 18yrs).
*Uncle sponsorship
*No personal bank statement

What might have worked in her favour
*Uncle (Sponsor) paid one full year tuition
*Bears same surname with Uncle
*Uncle (Sponsor) indicated in his sponsorship letter that she’s his favorite niece who’s like a daughter to him. He also mentioned how bright and intelligent she is, and that he’ll do anything to see her fulfill her dreams and succeed in life. Also, he pointed out he had only two children aged 12 and 13, and that sponsoring his niece wouldn’t have any effect on his finances or resources because he has enough to cater for all. We backed up this claims with evidence.

For her SOP, I wrote how much she loves her chosen course and why she picked her DLI among a pool of other possible schools. I also mentioned why Nigeria wasn’t an option because of the combination of courses she’ll be studying, plus the interaction with students from various parts of the world which will in turn enrich her studying experience above what is obtainable here in Nigeria. Also that her studying in Canada Will give her an edge over her peers in the same industry, and equip her to be the best in her job in her uncle’s (sponsor) company on her return.

I believe all of the above plus fervent prayers sealed her approval. She even fasted at some point and sowed a seed of faith/thanksgiving.

God is indeed awesome.

It is JOYOUS CELEBRATION in my family right now���
WHAT THIS GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!

TO EVERYONE STILL AWAITING PPR, GOD WILL SURELY PERFECT IT JUST LIKE HE DID FOR MY FAMILY. HOLD ON TO HIM AND DON’T LET GO.
thanks for sharing. we wish her success.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
fav2deep:
It's a happy day in my life.
Just less than 7 hours after my birthday, I got a BVL and some two hours after that, I got a passport data page update. This passport data page update is because my passport is expiring in november, I got a new one but it wasn't updated to IRCC.

Although this isn't the routine passport request but I guess it's a good news.

S H U P P Y has been the man for me. I thank you so much and for people that are still holding on, our Ppr go show in jesus name.

I am a February 25 th applicant.
June 14- MBS request/ eligibility
I ordered two of my gcms notes, it came with a preassesment note that a file under the client info couldn't open and my earlier bank statement was illegible. I tacked by giving the the MBS nut didn't resend the client info docs.

Upfront medicals. 12july passed.
Couple of ghost updates
September 2: birthday
September 3:BVL.
September 3: passport data page request.

���

I have my masters already but applied for PGC, tactically it didn't look like it could fly because from some of the gurus here its wrong to apply for something a bit Lower.
Grace did it for me

To God be the glory.
Shuppy should be airborne by now.On his way to Canada. we wish him safe trip

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
bysolaro:
I will not miss this blessing o…..[color=#006600][/color]
Applied July 17
Biometrics Completed July 19
Upfront medicals: next week
Starting classes online - September 21
Awaiting PPR before classes start

For those who have waited three or 4 months especially April and May applicants you can do the following :

1. Send Nairobi office emails at least twice a week with the topic URGENT UPDATE ON STUDY PERMIT . then enquire about your application status reminding them your classes will be starting soon for those in September intake.
For those deferring till January still go ahead and enquire about your application status.

2. When sending emails, do it early like 6am so it's amongst the first emails they get and do it Mondays and Thursdays so you keep reminding them. The worst you will get is an approval or a refusal so you know what to do next.

3. Always attach additional supporting documents i.e school fees payment receipts, enrollment forms or anything to help your case be processed faster.

4. Be very polite in your emails infact thank them for the wonderful job they are doing in ensuring students get their study permits on time .

Nairobi office does respond and if you keep at it, you will get attended to faster than waiting in the pool of thousands of Candidates.
For every time we sent an email we got updates either on the account or via email that the application was under active review and we would be advised on the next steps soon. eligibility started after email was sent, medical request came within an hour of sending email, ppr came within one hour of sending the third e medical and email enquiry so I know it works

I look forward to hearing lots of positive news from those who begin this process on Monday through Thursday.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2021
I sent my passport to Lagos Vfs and I got a mail it has been received at abuja Vfs . Is abuja now stamping or what ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Spot on Honorable..........

While i was preparing my application in 2020. I saw a well detailed approval timeline. The unique thing about this approval timeline was that, the guy's application profile was 65% aligning with mine. I took time to study all what he did as a first time applicant, connected everything together. His Approval timeline was very insightful.

in a nutshell, there is power in Approval Timelines
I agree bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theyjyte: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
RollyA:

Just fund your dollar account and initiate the payment… if your payment instructions expires … don’t worry you can generate another one. The only problem is funding your dollar account… plenty yeye policies dy on funding dollar account ….
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
gaduchendu:
Na this type agent dey need serious beating

Nevertheless, make sure you get your UCI number from the agent because you will likely need it if intend to reapply.

Hope the agent is not here though.Some agents are silent readers ooo.They may ask questions for their client but never share the timeline after their success
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
RollyA:

what is the issue. as in y r u having issues?.I did my GIC last month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2021
RollyA:

Hope u have a Domiciliary account 1st of all?.in ur name ooo.the name on ur passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Teemenzo:

Lekiboboe is always a Goto, he's doing fantastically well here. He's our walking google. He get am, no be juju, no be gbana. Baba get am. Just knock his door.
I don 4get hi give am that name sef.walking Google
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lovesarrow: 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2021
I used Access bank but had to buy the dollars from someone in the US because at the time banks were not accepting cash deposit of over 5k to be transferred in the same month. Look for someone to sellI think its changed now
RollyA:

If I may ask, what bank did you use? Did you buy from black market, if not, how did you do yours? The other issue is if I source from black market and deposit, CBN will query the source. So the funds have to be something I can prove

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2021
I do. I have gotten USD at a good rate but I have been told if the person transfers, cbn will want to establish source of funds and what transaction we did. It can only happen probably if a family member or something transferred, not a third party not related to me in anyway.

Enjay316:
Hope u have a Domiciliary account 1st of all?.in ur name ooo.the name on ur passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Sent you an email please

Enjay316:
what is the issue. as in y r u having issues?.I did my GIC last month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.