Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855721 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello Kokolanre

For the Medicals

First, contact the clinic you did your medicals if they have submitted your results to IRCC ( They would have submitted though). If you have confirmed their submission of your result to IRCC, then you will have to send an email to IRCC informing them that you have done an upfront Medicals and also the clinic have submitted your results to them. In addition, you can attach to your email the E-Medical sheet that was given to you in the clinic.. You can send emails and also Webform.. Check at the footer of this post for the email addresses of the IRCC centers and also the webform link for Nairobi..

For the LOA

If the LOA you submitted with your application is still Valid, there is no reason to send your Updated LOA to IRCC, on norms, if IRCC needs an updated document, they will inform the applicant... Once your submitted LOA elapses, then you can attach and send your Updated LOA or you wait for IRCC to request for it..

Find Below the Nairobi Webform and IRCC email addresses you can send your messages to..

NAIROBI WEBFORM

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

NAIROBI

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

Peace

kokolanre123:

Boss thank you for the other day , I have been able to sort out the payment and i am now expecting updated LOA, however ever since we submitted our application on the 3rd of November including upfront medicals, Our Medical as not been updated. I would need your advise on what to do , Do i raise webform for the updated LOA showing i have made full payment for my wife and how do i go about the medical and others that are yet to be updated

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DrAFOguns: 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2021
Congratulations, Iffylove.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello Abiola

Are these reasons from your GCMS notes or they are just mere assumptions?

Your LOE, backed up with the relevant documents should do the Magic for you in your re-application. Its not by saying your Dad is truly your sponsor, it's by convincing the Visa Officer of the total commitment of your sponsor by taking the necessary actions and submitting the relevant documents to back up his claim in his Letter of sponsorship and also your LOE..

If you haven't gotten your GCMS notes, I will advise you do so.. That will lead you on how to get your Visa in your next application..

Peace
AbiolaSYA:
Hi guys, second time applicant here. In my first application, my dad was my sponsor and I used his account statements. I was rejected due to lumpsum deposits and possible demonstration of funds. Please I want to reapply and I don’t know how to tackle these reasons because my dad is genuinely my sponsor. I’m also considering telling him to transfer the money into my own account? Please I need help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jtom301: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello Community ,

After biometrics update , what is the next step in the process?
I’m a JJC so just tryna to understand how this whole process work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Yes it has been submitted, IOM notified us via SMS . So i will just go ahead with the email and webform boss

makano:
Hello Kokolanre

For the Medicals

First, contact the clinic you did your medicals if they have submitted your results to IRCC ( They would have submitted though). If you have confirmed their submission of your result to IRCC, then you will have to send an email to IRCC informing them that you have done an upfront Medicals and also the clinic have submitted your results to them. In addition, you can attach to your email the E-Medical sheet that was given to you in the clinic.. You can send emails and also Webform.. Check at the footer of this post for the email addresses of the IRCC centers and also the webform link for Nairobi..

For the LOA

If the LOA you submitted with your application is still Valid, there is no reason to send your Updated LOA to IRCC, on norms, if IRCC needs an updated document, they will inform the applicant... Once your submitted LOA elapses, then you can attach and send your Updated LOA or you wait for IRCC to request for it..

Find Below the Nairobi Webform and IRCC email addresses you can send your messages to..

NAIROBI WEBFORM

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

NAIROBI

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello what's upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello guys who has used Mbs Uba I recently printed it and I wasn’t debited is that how it is?
And the ticket Is and password was sent through text
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by WarriBrandChic: 10:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
Thanks to everyone on this platform.... I got my original passport request.

Application 21st October 2021
Upfront Medicals
Biometrics done for previous application
Police report
Ielts
GIC
MBS
Company sponsored (tuition)
Spouse co-sponsored
Employment letter
No ghost update asides medical passed
Passport request 9th December 2021

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello my people. Pls who has use BA to flight.
Pls what are the things one must do apart from Covid test before boarding. Pls help a sister oooo @Lekkibboe, @Lianna and others

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
This is simply when an applicant does a Medical examination without the request of IRCC...

Its mainly done to avoid the delay of a Medical request from IRCC.. I.e instead of IRCC sending an applicant a request to do a Medical Examination, they will just update the Medical section to pass since they already have the Medical examination results of the Applicant..

But note, doing an Upfront medical doesn't mean you will get your Visa, it's actually a 50-50 thing, but once you get a Medical Request, then you have a 90% chance of your application to be approved for a Study permit Visa..

Peace
matthew080:
Hello what's upfront medical

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by just4obitex(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello house, please I want to apply for masters in Canada, can I do it on my own or must I use an agent please I need a sincere advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello guys who has used Mbs Uba I recently printed it and I wasn’t debited is that how it is?
And the ticket Is and password was sent through text.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Fawaz12345:
And the ticket Is and password was sent through text.

Try and contact UBA, it should be sent to your email as Printed PDF not text mssg.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2021
Good evening everyone
I’m preparing to travel next week finally thanks to all of you.
But I have a few concerns.
Someone told me that it is not advisable to have a layover in Montreal as that is where your study permit will be issued and it is difficult to get a study permit there. How true is this?
Also, is tuition receipt necessary at the border? I am asking because I’m not sure my payment will be processed by the time I travel. Can’t I just show proof of the funds in my account?
I haven’t really even seen tuition receipt as a requirement on other websites. Only nairaland.
Have people been issued their study permit without it?
Looking forward to hearing from all of you and sharing my landing gist once I get there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2021
WarriBrandChic:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by cooliyke: 11:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello house, i have being reading and following all advice been giving out in this student visa thread and i would love to say that my study visa application i summited since june 2021 was finally approved November.
I appreciate all the works you guys are doing here. Please i need anyone in kingston,ontario, or any contacts there for help in accomodation. My study will start in May in St Lawrence college Kingston Ontario but im planning on leaving by February ending.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2021
Thank you

DrAFOguns:
Congratulations, Iffylove.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
Congratulations

WarriBrandChic:

Upfront Medicals
Police report
Ielts
GIC
MBS
Spouse co-sponsored
Employment letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbiolaSYA: 11:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
makano:
Hello Abiola

Are these reasons from your GCMS notes or they are just mere assumptions?

Your LOE, backed up with the relevant documents should do the Magic for you in your re-application. Its not by saying your Dad is truly your sponsor, it's by convincing the Visa Officer of the total commitment of your sponsor by taking the necessary actions and submitting the relevant documents to back up his claim in his Letter of sponsorship and also your LOE..

If you haven't gotten your GCMS notes, I will advise you do so.. That will lead you on how to get your Visa in your next application..

Peace

Hi @makano God bless you for your response.
Here’s me gcms notes attached below. Please advice me on how to go about the reapplication.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gascoigne462: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello making. what if one didn't have to pay tuition fee? What if they just paid tuition deposit? What are they supposed to present in place of number 4?

makano:
LIST OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED

So for your travel to Canada, you will need
1 Enrollment letter
2. Your stamped Passport
3. Covid 19 negative result
4. Receipt of tuition fee
5. Your quarantine plan ( for both vaccinated and unvaccinated )
6. Arrive Can receipt
7. Passenger locator form( this is needed if you are transiting through UK. That is if you book flights like BA etc to be submitted to the UK government
8. Print study permit approval letter.

People that traveled recently can add theirs if there is anyone missing...

Cc Vivian

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
AbiolaSYA:

Here’s me gcms notes attached below. Please advice me on how to go about the reapplication.
Did you pay tuition deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gascoigne462: 12:07am On Dec 21, 2021
Hello makano. what if one didn't have to pay tuition fee? What if they just paid tuition deposit? What are they supposed to present in place of number 4?

makano:
LIST OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED

So for your travel to Canada, you will need
1 Enrollment letter
2. Your stamped Passport
3. Covid 19 negative result
4. Receipt of tuition fee
5. Your quarantine plan ( for both vaccinated and unvaccinated )
6. Arrive Can receipt
7. Passenger locator form( this is needed if you are transiting through UK. That is if you book flights like BA etc to be submitted to the UK government
8. Print study permit approval letter.

People that traveled recently can add theirs if there is anyone missing...

Cc Vivian

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:17am On Dec 21, 2021
Hello Abiola

The Visa Officer has not been convinced that the funds you presented will be used for your studies and living expenses in Canada.. Like I always say, it's one thing to have all the Millions in your account, it's another thing to convince the Visa Officer that the millions will be made available for your studies and living expenses all through your stay in Canada..

As regards the lump sum, you must explain in detail the reason for the lump sum, let the Visa Officer know the reason why the said amount was deposited in your SOA... You must do justice in your LOE in your re-application with the relevant documents to back up your claims...

Peace

AbiolaSYA:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Hello Gas

If you paid a tuition deposit, then you should have a receipt of payment from the school or a document to show you have paid a certain amount to the school.. But I will advise since you have gotten your Visa, you should at least pay half of the tuition fees and keep the receipt with you..

Peace
gascoigne462:
Hello makano. what if one didn't have to pay tuition fee? What if they just paid tuition deposit? What are they supposed to present in place of number 4?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jtom301: 1:19am On Dec 21, 2021
Hello All,

I am sponsoring my sister and I already paid $8,000 CAD as tuition deposit I am thinking of also getting a GIC worth $10,000. What type of GIC is accepted? I am seeing
**1-year CIBC Variable Rate GIC
**1-year CIBC Bonus Rate GIC
**1-year CIBC Bonus Rate RRSP GIC

Which of the above is accepted?

Also, I will like to ask, to add this to the application, I will have to raise a web form right?

Any one please!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 4:13am On Dec 21, 2021
Big congratulations to you.

Please, can you share what you did differently in your application to help some of us?

WarriBrandChic:

Upfront Medicals
Police report
Ielts
GIC
MBS
Spouse co-sponsored
Employment letter

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 4:39am On Dec 21, 2021
Please bro, share with us the documents you submitted, and whether you were applying for the first time, and factors you think contributed to the successful outcome of your visa application.

Congratulations to you.

cooliyke:
Hello house, i have being reading and following all advice been giving out in this student visa thread and i would love to say that my study visa application i summited since june 2021 was finally approved November.
I appreciate all the works you guys are doing here. Please i need anyone in kingston,ontario, or any contacts there for help in accomodation. My study will start in May in St Lawrence college Kingston Ontario but im planning on leaving by February ending.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 5:14am On Dec 21, 2021
Teewhyyy1:

Yes I was able to do it
Omo it was stressful oo
Very very
Got there 7 and started around 7:30 then I finished around 3:30

Mehn...I can only wonder what time people who got there around 12pm finished up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2021
EhischemNg:

Mehn...I can only wonder what time people who got there around 12pm finished up.
The only reason medical can take time is due to the number of persons being attended to .For Qlife, the moment you are called in and you see the reception and a passport of you is taken , you will be given a can to go urinate into it , then you can easily run around to go do other things yourself rather than sit down and wait to be called. If you sense and delay with those calling name or numbers , go for you chest X-ray and comeback later . I bet you in less than two hours , you are done and free to go . I did mine on a Saturday and spent less than two hours from when I was called in to when I left the place. Even though I did no decode these processes early .

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbiolaSYA: 6:56am On Dec 21, 2021
Fawaz12345:

Did you pay tuition deposit?

Hi @Fawaz, yes I did. I paid my first term fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbiolaSYA: 6:59am On Dec 21, 2021
makano:
Hello Abiola

The Visa Officer has not been convinced that the funds you presented will be used for your studies and living expenses in Canada.. Like I always say, it's one thing to have all the Millions in your account, it's another thing to convince the Visa Officer that the millions will be made available for your studies and living expenses all through your stay in Canada..

As regards the lump sum, you must explain in detail the reason for the lump sum, let the Visa Officer know the reason why the said amount was deposited in your SOA... You must do justice in your LOE in your re-application with the relevant documents to back up your claims...

Peace

Thank you so much @makano. I will work on it and re-apply. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 7:43am On Dec 21, 2021
You right the process doesn’t take long. At iom I spent less than two hours for the process.

chrysto:

The only reason medical can take time is due to the number of persons being attended to .For Qlife, the moment you are called in and you see the reception and a passport of you is taken , you will be given a can to go urinate into it , then you can easily run around to go do other things yourself rather than sit down and wait to be called. If you sense and delay with those calling name or numbers , go for you chest X-ray and comeback later . I bet you in less than two hours , you are done and free to go . I did mine on a Saturday and spent less than two hours from when I was called in to when I left the place. Even though I did no decode these processes early .

(1) (2) (3) ... (711) (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.