Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (717) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855175 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raimiade11: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2021
Anyone going to Vancouver needing a shared apartment? Let’s come together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Canfulfilment: 12:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Please for those that did their covid test in lagos for travel, does it actually take 24 hours to get the result or it comes out earlier?

Please I really need an urgent answer to plan my trip.

Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 12:54am On Dec 22, 2021
So been about 6 days since I left the quarantine facility, after staying for 14 days. I'm learning the ropes small small, in Toronto for the now but by January will go to Saskatchewan for school.

Luckily I have people here that are helping me settle in well, started driving about 3 days ago with company, but today went out by myself to run errands and also get my SIN.

Will use public transit tomorrow though, because motor no dey where I dey go school so the earlier I learn the system the better, make man no go loss for -20degrees.

Weather has been lovely, though I find inside the apartment kinda hot due to the heating, I dey open window sef for night make natural AC dey enter room.

So far it's been a wonderful experience, want to see if I can land small holiday gig tomorrow, found a listing on kijiji most of the employment agencies are closed till new year. Hoping to work out small pocket money before I go to school (I've resumed school online since September, so I'm qualified to work following the terms of my study permit at this point).

Wishing every hopeful person here a positive result in their application, God bless us all.

Compliments of the season

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 1:17am On Dec 22, 2021
You guys are so lucky in Toronto, come to saskatchewan it's a different story entirely, cold wan kill my enemy. Am going for my driving test tomorrow.
hoodboy:
So been about 6 days since I left the quarantine facility, after staying for 14 days. I'm learning the ropes small small, in Toronto for the now but by January will go to Saskatchewan for school.

Luckily I have people here that are helping me settle in well, started driving about 3 days ago with company, but today went out by myself to run errands and also get my SIN.

Will use public transit tomorrow though, because motor no dey where I dey go school so the earlier I learn the system the better, make man no go loss for -20degrees.

Weather has been lovely, though I find inside the apartment kinda hot due to the heating, I dey open window sef for night make natural AC dey enter room.

So far it's been a wonderful experience, want to see if I can land small holiday gig tomorrow, found a listing on kijiji most of the employment agencies are closed till new year. Hoping to work out small pocket money before I go to school.

Wishing every hopeful person here a positive result in their application, God bless us all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by daks02: 1:17am On Dec 22, 2021
Canfulfilment:
Please for those that did their covid test in lagos for travel, does it actually take 24 hours to get the result or it comes out earlier?

Please I really need an urgent answer to plan my trip.

Thank you in advance

Someone I know did her covid test at Reddington hospital lab at 8am today and she got her result around 4pm same day. Her flight was this night.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hollawaleyx: 1:34am On Dec 22, 2021
I am interested, if its still available arriving December 28th
patty10:
Any male looking for a housemate to share a 2bedroom apartment close to the university of Winnipeg? I have a coursemate who is looking. Pls DM if you are interested
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 2:00am On Dec 22, 2021
Winnn:
You guys are so lucky in Toronto, come to saskatchewan it's a different story entirely, cold wan kill my enemy. Am going for my driving test tomorrow.

Omo if my school just use mistake say no more in person, I go just postpone my flight to Sask maintain lane for here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 4:23am On Dec 22, 2021
Wow! Thank you so much for this helpful insight. God bless you greatly.

cooliyke:

In my SOP
INTRODUCTION: Here i talked about the course i studied in my university (logistics management)
BODY: I talked about a new career path in electrical installations working with a company after several trainings and workshops.
Talked about how far ive gone in the company, level i ascertained and decision to get degree certificate in electrically engineering.
Mentioned how studying this course will go a long way of impacting positively in my career life society and Nigeria as a whole(also help tackle the epileptic power problem in Nigeria... angry grin lol...
CONCLUSION:
I stated the reasons i choose Canada and the school as my choice destination of study.
So that was how i wrote my SOP @GentleBobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 4:29am On Dec 22, 2021
@Makano

Does it mean that if one had a conditional offer letter from an institution, it's advisable to not start the visa process?

thyril1:

am interested in those school that accept deposit of 1500CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ifechidi: 4:48am On Dec 22, 2021
You have to order your Gcms notes to know the status of your application. I got mine yesterday and I was able to see why my application was taking too long to process. I submitted my application in May, till date no updates aside my biometrics and upfront medicals. My application has been to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, London, Kenya offices. Passed through US and AUS vetting too. Since you have not been rejected, it is a positive sign. I pray u'll be lucky to get an approval when they are done. Best of luck. quote author=eleraaa post=108696816]Good day house, please if someone was to get rejected after a medical request will the rejection letter take very long to come? Cause I’ve been waiting since June and still no updates from IRCC. Did my biometrics June, medicals October and nothing till now. Eligibility hasn’t even started. It’s as if my application is on pause. I’m pained. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 5:21am On Dec 22, 2021
ifechidi:
You have to order your Gcms notes to know the status of your application. I got mine yesterday and I was able to see why my application was taking too long to process. I submitted my application in May, till date no updates aside my biometrics and upfront medicals. My application has been to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, London, Kenya offices. Passed through US and AUS vetting too. Since you have not been rejected, it is a positive sign. I pray u'll be lucky to get an approval when they are done. Best of luck. quote author=eleraaa post=108696816]Good day house, please if someone was to get rejected after a medical request will the rejection letter take very long to come? Cause I’ve been waiting since June and still no updates from IRCC. Did my biometrics June, medicals October and nothing till now. Eligibility hasn’t even started. It’s as if my application is on pause. I’m pained.

Omo, your application don try. Wetin dem dey find gan sef? Imagine most Nigerians going through this process. God help us.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Yes, you need it. Even if you are only transiting.
Tinakem:
Pls who has flown BA, do I need locator form. Pls ejooooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 6:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Hell my people
Pls do I need a waec scratch card to apply for admission at Conestoga or centennial college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2021
Please whats the address to this Reddington hospital

daks02:

Someone I know did her covid test at Reddington hospital lab at 8am today and she got her result around 4pm same day. Her flight was this night.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2021
Please, must everyone quarantine in Toronto?

hoodboy:

So far it's been a wonderful experience, want to see if I can land small holiday gig tomorrow, found a listing on kijiji most of the employment agencies are closed till new year. Hoping to work out small pocket money before I go to school.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 7:34am On Dec 22, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Quick question:

Can unvaccinated travellers travel to Canada? Is it still the same as before, with January 15 as the deadline?

Please answer.

No answer yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 7:41am On Dec 22, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

No answer yet?
Yes the unvaccinated can still travel but make sure you have your quarantine plans in place cause you’ll definitely need to quarantine. But from the 15th of January, unvaccinated people will not be allowed into Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheDarkGamer: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2021
SwayB:

Yes the unvaccinated can still travel but make sure you have your quarantine plans in place cause you’ll definitely need to quarantine. But from the 15th of January, unvaccinated people will not be allowed into Canada.

Thank you. I really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2021
At this stage, Anyone having traveling plans should take vaccination serious.

It’s simple.
What’s your gain not taking the vaccine ?

Even if they said Unvaccinated can travel, but you should fear that BUT…
The world is taking covid serious and you should take it serious if you want to travel out of your country.

Regards.
TheDarkGamer:
Quick question:

Can unvaccinated travellers travel to Canada? Is it still the same as before, with January 15 as the deadline?

Please answer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2021
Please how can I track passport sent to IRCC?. I sent it through DHL on monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Iffylove:
Please how can I track passport sent to IRCC?. I sent it through DHL on monday.

You go to dhl website and track it with the waybill number on the invoice given to you by dhl.

Do you send it to Lagos or Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2021
hoodboy:

We're joining you soon
PPR on the way grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2021
Thanks,
I sent it to Abuja. I checked with the tracking number but no info about if its delivered to vfs yet
Jxool:

You go to dhl website and track it with the waybill number on the invoice given to you by dhl.

Do you send it to Lagos or Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 9:20am On Dec 22, 2021
Teemenzo, Makano, to all the gurus please I still need your take on this

GbemiBukk:
Good day to all, and to our gurus Una well done.
Please I need to know oooo...I am a May applicant, I got a request for renewed passport page and submitted Nov.15 and since then it has been this wait oooo.
Following advice of sending emails to them, I did sent email to them and I got a response from them that application is in final stage and I will hear from them soon.
Its 3 weeks after the response and no news yet.
Please at this stage what can you all advice me to do, should I still keep on sending mails, or I should send mails to the MP or I should still wait?
Pleases I would appreciate your responses.
It will surely end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onlinedoctor: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2021
Hello Ifechidi,

Have you been to Asia and London before
ifechidi:
You have to order your Gcms notes to know the status of your application. I got mine yesterday and I was able to see why my application was taking too long to process. I submitted my application in May, till date no updates aside my biometrics and upfront medicals. My application has been to China, Vietnam, Hong Kong, London, Kenya offices. Passed through US and AUS vetting too. Since you have not been rejected, it is a positive sign. I pray u'll be lucky to get an approval when they are done. Best of luck. quote author=eleraaa post=108696816]Good day house, please if someone was to get rejected after a medical request will the rejection letter take very long to come? Cause I’ve been waiting since June and still no updates from IRCC. Did my biometrics June, medicals October and nothing till now. Eligibility hasn’t even started. It’s as if my application is on pause. I’m pained.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chipo14: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders and compliment of the season.

Please gurus in the house kindly assist with your suggestion on how to proceed with my spouse and child's visa application. I got PPR back in August but unfortunately lost my spot to start study in September and only got admitted for May 2022. I intend to start application for my child of 5 and spouse this weekend. Can I do it under my Gckey or do I open a new one with my spouse details?

Since I don't have. A student status yet in Canada I plan to apply for visiting visa for both of them. Will that be that right choice of visa? Or can I just go ahead to apply for SOWP and study visa for my child right now?

I will gladly appreciate any insight that can assist me.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 9:34am On Dec 22, 2021
Please I want to ask

In mailing an MP do we need to put our UCI and application number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2021
Y
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DeeAyoDam: 9:52am On Dec 22, 2021
Good morning. Please can someone help with Frankrobbn's email address?
I got a procedural fairness letter this morning.
I need to reach out to him, it's urgent please.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2021
Hello GbemiBukk

You didn't state the time you would be resuming..

If your resumption is January 2022, I will advise you keep sending them 5 mails daily until you get a response from them, your application has passed the approved processing time and its in its final stage, so you have every right to keep sending them mails..

But if your resumption is in May, you can still give them this month and the 1st week of January, and if you do not still get any response from them. then you start with the 5 daily dose of emails to them...

Send individual mails to Nairobi, Lagos, London and maybe Accra..

Peace
GbemiBukk:
Teemenzo, Makano, to all the gurus please I still need your take on this

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2021
Hello Bunmijab

Its very compulsory you put your UCI and application number.. Canada does know you by your name but by your UCI, and that is what the MP will use to converse with IRCC as regards your application..

Peace
Bunmijab:
Please I want to ask

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2021
Yes, very important, even they require date of birth of applicant when they eventually contact you back

Bunmijab:
Please I want to ask

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.