Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860646 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 1:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Congratulations
You can send to Abuja and pay their transmission fees.
Manumill:
With thanks to God, I am pleased to share that I received my PPR today, with timeline below;

2nd Application: Aug 2021
Upfront medical passed and BVL: 21 Oct
ADR and submitted: 25 Oct
After few mails, webform and contacting MP,
PPR and BVL: 5 Jan 2022

Pls my question is: I did my Bio some years ago in Lagos, will it be faster if I send my passport to Abuja. Urgent. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 2:02am On Jan 06, 2022
Glory be to God!
Congratulations!!!
I'll sing this song very soon...amen! grin

Manumill:
With thanks to God, I am pleased to share that I received my PPR today, with timeline below;

2nd Application: Aug 2021
Upfront medical passed and BVL: 21 Oct
ADR and submitted: 25 Oct
After few mails, webform and contacting MP,
PPR and BVL: 5 Jan 2022

Pls my question is: I did my Bio some years ago in Lagos, will it be faster if I send my passport to Abuja. Urgent. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 2:07am On Jan 06, 2022
PPR means Passport Request, that's Original Passport Request and it comes when your application has been approved.

Jameseddi1:

What the meaning of PpR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 2:08am On Jan 06, 2022
Amen!!!

Scott99tish:
Yesterday was awesome with series of PPR.
So shall it continue.

Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by iykedpetes(m): 5:27am On Jan 06, 2022
Hello guys
I applied for my study permit with passport that will expire by March,i applied for a renewal since last year and dey are yet to give me ..hope its not a red flag and if i finally get the new one should i send it through webform ? Congrats to all that have gotten their PPR and those expecting will receive the good news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 5:47am On Jan 06, 2022
So if you travelling to Canada this is a list of what you should have ready.

1. Your flight ticket (obviously)
2. Negative PCR COVID test from government approved clinics
3. Your enrollment letter and/or travel document from your DLI. Trust me no airline will let you board without at least one of this.
4. When you get to Canada, I landed at Toronto Pearson terminal 1, you would be asked for correspondence letter then instructed to sit and wait, bear in mind you are not the only one coming for school.
5. Have ready hard copy of the following (it is written on a whiteboard): in no particular order:
a. Enrollment letter
b. Acceptance letter
c. Account statement
d. School fees receipt and/or GIC
e. Also log in to your student portal or email.

Now bear in mind they may not ask you to show all these things. In my case I only showed e-mail and I got my study permit and co-op documents. They can see all you filled on your application, so don't lie when they ask you anything. When I was asked for receipt I said I was yet to pay and then he asked me what my *** does for a living, so he knew that was my sponsor. Once you get your documents, you pick up your luggage and you would most likely be asked to do a covid test. The test is free.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 5:49am On Jan 06, 2022
If you get the new one in time then send it. Expiring passport is not a criteria for refusal, if they need you to submit a fresh passport they would ask for it.
iykedpetes:
Hello guys
I applied for my study permit with passport that will expire by March,i applied for a renewal since last year and dey are yet to give me ..hope its not a red flag and if i finally get the new one should i send it through webform ? Congrats to all that have gotten their PPR and those expecting will receive the good news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ab123455: 6:08am On Jan 06, 2022
tosynn007:
Physical form despite CBN directive on the E-Form A. But told they would then fill it up themselves and process it. In summary, the payment was initiated successfully

Wow nice. When was this and do you think it’s still valid now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kelechi00: 7:02am On Jan 06, 2022
Johnchan2:
Hello guys,

please is there any May 2021 applicant still waiting....
My application has been long overdue...
Is there any problem with IRCC?

Mine is June, still waiting too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2022
qudusbalogun89:
ALHAMDULILLAH!!!! My younger brother application was approved today at the 3rd attempt.

The first application was handled by one travel agent company (Snowfox). The application was submitted on September 2020 and got rejected the same month after payment exorbitant fee. It was during this first application process that I got to know everything about visa application because it was more or less like I was the handling the application. The application was rejected based on purpose of visit, financial asset and employment history.

I handled the second application myself and I submitted the application on 6th November 2020. I got advise from one agent that I would need a lawyer to draft the LOE that would address the refusal reasons which I did. The mistake I did was that I didn't apply for the gcms notes before reapplying and it backfired as the application was also refused the second time 7 months later, 9th June, 2021 based on the purpose of visit and financial assets.

I got to know this thread after the submission of the second application and it helped me in the third application. I patiently waited for the gcms notes to arrive. I sent an email to @Frankrobbn to assist me but he said I should pay 20k as consultation fee before he can say anything, I was like wawu!

After that, I reached out to @Justmellow and he immediately offered to assist. He gave me advise on what and what to do and also helped me to rewrite the SOP and LOE because my younger brother was actually switching career from Architecture (OND) to Computer Science (BSC), Universityof Regina. I only paid for the two letters.

The third application was submitted on September 18 after Justmellow had reviewed the documents and gave me go ahead, and here we are today.

My people, always do your due diligent, pray and be patient. The PPR will definitely come at the right time.

And again, do not joke with your SOP as it is one of the key factors that can convince the VO to approve your application. If you can't write a convincing SOP please reach out to Justmellow, he will do a justice to your SOP and guide you throughout the application process.

I've started my own application too but I've not submitted it.

I really appreciate Justmellow for always responding to my message. You are indeed a guru!!!.
Sorry did he pay his tuition?
Or tuition deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by belleez: 7:22am On Jan 06, 2022
qudusbalogun89:
ALHAMDULILLAH!!!! My younger brother application was approved today at the 3rd attempt.

The first application was handled by one travel agent company (Snowfox). The application was submitted on September 2020 and got rejected the same month after payment exorbitant fee. It was during this first application process that I got to know everything about visa application because it was more or less like I was the handling the application. The application was rejected based on purpose of visit, financial asset and employment history.

I handled the second application myself and I submitted the application on 6th November 2020. I got advise from one agent that I would need a lawyer to draft the LOE that would address the refusal reasons which I did. The mistake I did was that I didn't apply for the gcms notes before reapplying and it backfired as the application was also refused the second time 7 months later, 9th June, 2021 based on the purpose of visit and financial assets.

I got to know this thread after the submission of the second application and it helped me in the third application. I patiently waited for the gcms notes to arrive. I sent an email to @Frankrobbn to assist me but he said I should pay 20k as consultation fee before he can say anything, I was like wawu!

After that, I reached out to @Justmellow and he immediately offered to assist. He gave me advise on what and what to do and also helped me to rewrite the SOP and LOE because my younger brother was actually switching career from Architecture (OND) to Computer Science (BSC), Universityof Regina. I only paid for the two letters.

The third application was submitted on September 18 after Justmellow had reviewed the documents and gave me go ahead, and here we are today.

My people, always do your due diligent, pray and be patient. The PPR will definitely come at the right time.

And again, do not joke with your SOP as it is one of the key factors that can convince the VO to approve your application. If you can't write a convincing SOP please reach out to Justmellow, he will do a justice to your SOP and guide you throughout the application process.

I've started my own application too but I've not submitted it.

I really appreciate Justmellow for always responding to my message. You are indeed a guru!!!.
Congratulations bro

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tacogado: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2022
Guru in the house please I need help on WES evaluation how do I go about it thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ifechidi: 7:31am On Jan 06, 2022
May 14th still waiting.

Kelechi00:

Mine is June, still waiting too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2022
please like how much you had in total before applying cause i wish to apply as self employ too kindly help with best amount of money someone should have in account thanks

ManLikeMace:
If you are a self sponsored applicant you need to pay attention to your application even more. I am a photographer and I was self sponsored with no scholarships. I payed half of my first year tuition and also had enough funds in my account for my remaining one and a half year tuition with living expenses for two years. Because I am a photographer I think I had to show that I had the whole money for my tuition saved as nobody would be here to continue my business even though I told them I had a studio here that’ll continue functioning after I’ve left. I also got rejected twice as my gcms notes said they didn’t think spending that much money to study photography was worth it and blah blah blah with some other things like family ties and all that so I had to switch my course to film making and explain from the angle of how nollywood is really growing and the need for more film makers in Nigeria and all that. I also spoke about how there are no good film schools in Nigeria and Africa in general compared to what’s available in Canada in my SOP. I still got rejected sha and because I knew my application was strong I did a judicial review, settled out of court and got my visa.

I also submitted a lot of invoices from work I have done for clients and also submitted the receipts for my camera gear I own just to show that I am really invested in my business. I submitted my business registration (very important) then submitted 3 account statements. One personal, one business and one was a fixed deposit type account with all my study funds in it. For my account statements I used the my VISA bank statement thing so I didn’t have to print out all my bank statements. I just got the slip and uploaded them.

I used my parents and siblings as family ties and didn’t submit any land documents and all that as I no get. I also spoke about how I have an established photography business here that I’ll be coming back to.
I submitted my waec certificate but I no go uni so I didn’t have that to submit. I think that was the only educational document I submitted. I also submitted a police report.

Anyway if you are self sponsored I think you have to show you have enough money for at least two years to be on the safe side. I’m not saying this applies to everyone as visas are granted based on the officers discretion.

I hope this helps somebody out there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 7:38am On Jan 06, 2022
themankelechi:
Thanks for this.

Please kindly explain more on the bolded...thank you.

I don't think it's necessary. When you get to the courier service office, they will tell you the fees for sending to Abuja or Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kelechi00: 7:47am On Jan 06, 2022
BAsunshine:
PPR Alert!

Timeline;
Application Submitted: Oct 28th
Biometrics: Nov 2nd
Medical Request: Dec 23rd
(I had done it on October 15 as upfront medicals, so I raised a webform and it was updated to passed on Dec 24th)
PPR: Jan 5th
Waiting for BVL I guess, not sure what that is, but people say they get it with PPR.

This thread was helpful so, thank you.��

Congratulations to you
This is exactly my timeline but I’m yet to receive ppr

I tap from your blessing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Harold4lyf(m): 8:17am On Jan 06, 2022
ManLikeMace:

I applied using my 2008 waec result and got admission so you do not have any issues. I know some schools like George Brown college don't accept waec results older than 10 years as I got refused admission because of that.
As for when to start your application for your September intake, as early as possible. I mean you should have started by now. It took me 7 months to get my visa and that made me miss my september intake and now I have to wait till the next intake.

Thank God...I was thinking I would have to rewrite....did you use any admission and visa agency or you did it yourself.... because some are saying you can get your visa in 2/3months but they charge around ₦2.5M to get it done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2022
Harold4lyf:

Thank God...I was thinking I would have to rewrite....did you use any admission and visa agency or you did it yourself.... because some are saying you can get your visa in 2/3months but they charge around ₦2.5M to get it done
2.5 what? Some of these agents are ridiculous. Bro no one can guarantee you a visa. Do not waste your money and get scammed.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Harold4lyf(m): 8:30am On Jan 06, 2022
SwayB:

2.5 what? Some of these agents are ridiculous. Bro no one can guarantee you a visa. Do not waste your money and get scammed.
So the best option is to do it myself....the visa agency looks legit....TMT Travels on Instagram...but I think that money includes flight ticket and airport pickup....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Harold4lyf:

Don't even thing of it. Let me advice you. Get your admission first, pay that same 2.5m for your tuition and ygen come back here to get directives on how to apply fir your visa. Those agents are exceptional bastards and glorified idiots. They know nothing about canada. Worst part of it, they will hide information from you. They could even get you banned. Awon korofo radarada.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2022
Harold4lyf:

So the best option is to do it myself....the visa agency looks legit....TMT Travels on Instagram...but I think that money includes flight ticket and airport pickup....

I hope they have not charmed you.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Harold4lyf(m): 8:41am On Jan 06, 2022
Teemenzo:

I hope they have not charmed you.
grin grin grin grin they haven't oooo....I was just thinking about using them....but since it's like that I won't use them.....I just did feeler applications with three Canadian Universities and they've been blowing up my mail box with requests to submit my IELTS or TOEFL score....so it seems I'd just seek the admission myself instead of using them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2022
Harold4lyf:

grin grin grin grin they haven't oooo....I was just thinking about using them....but since it's like that I won't use them.....I just did feeler applications with three Canadian Universities and they've been blowing up my mail box with requests to submit my IELTS or TOEFL score....so it seems I'd just seek the admission myself instead of using them

Yes, abeg do it alone. I was once a victim die to ignorance. That was what brought me to this platform. Imagine someone waiting for biometrics for more than a year after submitting application. Have you seen that before. I wasted two years with the agent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2022
ifechidi:
May 14th still waiting.

May 15th Applicant, still waiting too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2022
Good morning all.

Please I need your help. IRCC just requested for my updated LOA. I’m uploading it but it’s saying the form could not be submitted because errors were found. Please what am I doing wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Good morning all.

Please I need your help. IRCC just requested for my updated LOA. I’m uploading it but it’s saying the form could not be submitted because errors were found. Please what am I doing wrong?

Through webform? Probably you didn't fill the webform properly. You can look for their emil addresses on this platform and send directly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MamateesLababy: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2022
Teemenzo:

Through webform? Probably you didn't fill the webform properly. You can look for their emil addresses on this platform and send directly

No. Through the “view submitted application” section on the portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:

Probably you should use webform

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 9:07am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Good morning all.

please wait for others to reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:

Check d file format required e.g pdf.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:
Good morning all.

try again later and use webform too. Also wait for others to reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
MamateesLababy:

also check the size of the document if it's more than the required mb

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.