Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (755) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851522 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MARINA49: 4:21pm On Jan 05, 2022
Good day house. Does getting a medical request indicate one has passed elegibilty review? Thank you in anticipation for your response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
MARINA49:
Good day house. Does getting a medical request indicate one has passed elegibilty review? Thank you in anticipation for your response

It means you are on the right track to getting your visa. So congratulations

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 4:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
Inikay:
Hello Everyone, Happy new year
I am new on this platform, Please how much do I need to do masters in Canada.I want to go with my husband and 3 year old son.
I already know the price of the fees,I want to know how much I need to have in my account as proof of fund.
Thank you

The standard amount you are expected to show on your bank statement is at least your first year tuition fees and $10,000cad living expenses.

Since you will be going with your husband and child, it means you will need to have more than the above on your statement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
chibjohn:
Hello guys,

I am new here and has been reading the thread but need to ask a question that is bordering me.

I want to apply for an Msc in Canada this year 2022. Last year I requested for a student copy of my transcript and noticed that the date of birth on it is wrong and different from the one on my other documents. The day and month is correct, the discrepancy is in the year. I need to visit my school physically to see if the error can be corrected but my work hasn’t given me the time to. I want to know if that can affect my application in anyway. Please I need responses from the experts here.

An affidavit of age that tallies with your date of birth on your international passport can solve this.

But still try reach out to your school to find out if they can rectify the issue otherwise an affidavit of age is your solution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManiCypher(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
Uzoamaka123:
Hello guys.

This platform has been so so informative . I find myself reading through every 1 hr lol.

Please I’ll like to find out a few infos.

I’m applying to memorial Uni of Newfoundland for fall 2022.

How long does the admission process take?

Also, after admission, for the visa process , is the NSE faster than the normal route cos I’m shocked some people are still waiting for response from IRCC after 4 months ��.

As a single lady of 25, is it okay to present my own bank statement with 10m closing balance to the embassy abd pls how many month bank statement.

Really hoping for a response pls �.

Hello Uzoamaka, got admitted into Memorial university of Newfoundland and Labrador. Send me a mail..
manidike@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
Really? I paid N8,920 for my daughter today. I hope it won’t pose a problem.

atiteb4:
it's now 9410
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chibjohn(m): 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Anon123:

An affidavit of age that tallies with your date of birth on your international passport can solve this.

But still try reach out to your school to find out if they can rectify the issue otherwise an affidavit of age is your solution.
Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
Kankanio:
Really? I paid N8,920 for my daughter today. I hope it won’t pose a problem.

they will call you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ok, thanks.

atiteb4:
they will call you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
Wow...incredible approach, with an incredible God.

Thanks for the response and clues Madam, it works!

Will be back... for He is a faithful God!

Kankanio:

Thank you so much. He is indeed too faithful.

Keep disturbing them till they respond to you.

I was up till late and the thought of hourly disturbance just got into my head and I decided I will not let them rest.

The hourly alarm really helped. I made sure I sent them mails every hour.

I was using the gentleman approach of 3 times a day which didn’t work.

They knew I was up to no good with those mails pouring into their mailboxes and had no option but to settle my matter.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nwauwa(m): 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
atiteb4:
The process involved in passport stamping:
Abuja Address;Visa Application Centre, sterling bank plaza, 3rd floor, plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja Nigeria

Lagos Address;Visa Application Centre Ground Floor, The Manor Plot 110, Admiral ayinla way, lekki phase 1 lagos Nigeria

Requirement;if you did your biometrics in abuja, Theres no fee except for delivery fees.
buy an evelope.

IF NOT, You will first pay a transmission fee of N9410 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION account(0065165839) Sterling bank
Then print the receipt from your phone(coloured).

if you did your biometrics in lagos. Go to DHL closer to you and pay for 2-way courier and also pay for insurance to be sent to canada VAC Abuja, buy a fresh brown envelope and add the following NB; remember to give DHL a return address since its a 2 way courier

1.)put two photocopies of your passport data page(coloured)
2.)your yellow or white biometric strip(if you have misplaced these paper go to VFS so theyll sort you out). If you dont have the slip you can still send it regardless or you can add the BVL(biometric validation letter)
3.)Passport request letter
4.)1 copy of the consent form downloaded and signed( note u are filling and signing just the second page of your consent form)
3.)the passport itself
4.)one plain sheet of paper where you can write your Name, address, Email, phone number and signature
5.)one coloured copy of the receipt of the transmission fee payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jameseddi1: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:
If you are a self sponsored applicant you need to pay attention to your application even more. I am a photographer and I was self sponsored with no scholarships. I payed half of my first year tuition and also had enough funds in my account for my remaining one and a half year tuition with living expenses for two years. Because I am a photographer I think I had to show that I had the whole money for my tuition saved as nobody would be here to continue my business even though I told them I had a studio here that’ll continue functioning after I’ve left. I also got rejected twice as my gcms notes said they didn’t think spending that much money to study photography was worth it and blah blah blah with some other things like family ties and all that so I had to switch my course to film making and explain from the angle of how nollywood is really growing and the need for more film makers in Nigeria and all that. I also spoke about how there are no good film schools in Nigeria and Africa in general compared to what’s available in Canada in my SOP. I still got rejected sha and because I knew my application was strong I did a judicial review, settled out of court and got my visa.

I also submitted a lot of invoices from work I have done for clients and also submitted the receipts for my camera gear I own just to show that I am really invested in my business. I submitted my business registration (very important) then submitted 3 account statements. One personal, one business and one was a fixed deposit type account with all my study funds in it. For my account statements I used the my VISA bank statement thing so I didn’t have to print out all my bank statements. I just got the slip and uploaded them.

I used my parents and siblings as family ties and didn’t submit any land documents and all that as I no get. I also spoke about how I have an established photography business here that I’ll be coming back to.
I submitted my waec certificate but I no go uni so I didn’t have that to submit. I think that was the only educational document I submitted. I also submitted a police report.

Anyway if you are self sponsored I think you have to show you have enough money for at least two years to be on the safe side. I’m not saying this applies to everyone as visas are granted based on the officers discretion.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

So bro are you in canada now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by VonVictor: 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
Is it only if you did your biometrics in Abuja that you won't pay. That means if I did in Lagos I would have to pay that amount?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2022
Jameseddi1:

So bro are you in canada now?

No I am not as my program isn't online and requires me to be there physically. My start date is fall of this year. But I already have my visa stamped on my passport

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2022
Big congrats to all the PPR receipts and we that are waiting...for God is too faithful to fail.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jameseddi1: 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:

No I am not as my program isn't online and requires me to be there physically. My start date is fall of this year. But I already have my visa stamped on my passport
bro can you send me your contact so we can relate I’m planing on going there as well as I have just be admitted in one of their universities
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Harold4lyf(m): 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2022
Is it possible to gain undergraduate admission in Canada with a WAEC result from 2017 and if yes which month do I need to start applications in order to be considered for the September intake... I'm turning 21 November this year embarassed embarassed embarassed
Also for how long is a WAEC result viewed as valid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidbanky(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:
If you are a self sponsored applicant you need to pay attention to your application even more. I am a photographer and I was self sponsored with no scholarships. I payed half of my first year tuition and also had enough funds in my account for my remaining one and a half year tuition with living expenses for two years. Because I am a photographer I think I had to show that I had the whole money for my tuition saved as nobody would be here to continue my business even though I told them I had a studio here that’ll continue functioning after I’ve left. I also got rejected twice as my gcms notes said they didn’t think spending that much money to study photography was worth it and blah blah blah with some other things like family ties and all that so I had to switch my course to film making and explain from the angle of how nollywood is really growing and the need for more film makers in Nigeria and all that. I also spoke about how there are no good film schools in Nigeria and Africa in general compared to what’s available in Canada in my SOP. I still got rejected sha and because I knew my application was strong I did a judicial review, settled out of court and got my visa.

I also submitted a lot of invoices from work I have done for clients and also submitted the receipts for my camera gear I own just to show that I am really invested in my business. I submitted my business registration (very important) then submitted 3 account statements. One personal, one business and one was a fixed deposit type account with all my study funds in it. For my account statements I used the my VISA bank statement thing so I didn’t have to print out all my bank statements. I just got the slip and uploaded them.

I used my parents and siblings as family ties and didn’t submit any land documents and all that as I no get. I also spoke about how I have an established photography business here that I’ll be coming back to.
I submitted my waec certificate but I no go uni so I didn’t have that to submit. I think that was the only educational document I submitted. I also submitted a police report.

Anyway if you are self sponsored I think you have to show you have enough money for at least two years to be on the safe side. I’m not saying this applies to everyone as visas are granted based on the officers discretion.

I hope this helps somebody out there.

how much did JR cost you bro ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
Davidbanky:

how much did JR cost you bro ?
JR cost me $3500 CAD or $4000 CAD. I can’t remember the exact figure but it wasn’t more than 4k

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
VonVictor:
Is it only if you did your biometrics in Abuja that you won't pay. That means if I did in Lagos I would have to pay that amount?
if u are sending your passport for stamping in Lagos, you won't have to pay the transmission fee. But if you are sending it to Abuja, you will pay the transmission fee.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Davidbanky(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:

JR cost me $3500 CAD or $4000 CAD. I can’t remember the exact figure but it wasn’t more than 4k

okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Inikay: 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
Anon123:

The standard amount you are expected to show on your bank statement is at least your first year tuition fees and $10,000cad living expenses.

Since you will be going with your husband and child, it means you will need to have more than the above on your statement.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ibk2020: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:

What's your photography handle on i.g, I want to follow u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2022
Harold4lyf:
Is it possible to gain undergraduate admission in Canada with a WAEC result from 2017 and if yes which month do I need to start applications in order to be considered for the September intake... I'm turning 21 November this year embarassed embarassed embarassed
Also for how long is a WAEC result viewed as valid
I applied using my 2008 waec result and got admission so you do not have any issues. I know some schools like George Brown college don't accept waec results older than 10 years as I got refused admission because of that.
As for when to start your application for your September intake, as early as possible. I mean you should have started by now. It took me 7 months to get my visa and that made me miss my september intake and now I have to wait till the next intake.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
Ibk2020:

What's your photography handle on i.g, I want to follow u
I don't want to share my handle on here yet lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please did you update IRCC with your new LOA before your PPR or was it after PPR you updated them?

ManLikeMace:

I applied using my 2008 waec result and got admission so you do not have any issues. I know some schools like George Brown college don't accept waec results older than 10 years as I got refused admission because of that.
As for when to start your application for your September intake, as early as possible. I mean you should have started by now. It took me 7 months to get my visa and that made me miss my september intake and now I have to wait till the next intake.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hello Marina

It's doesn't

But getting a Medical request is 80% certain that you are on the route of being approved..

Peace
MARINA49:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lani84: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Kankanio:
It’s PPR for my daughter.

It dropped around 2:30 PM but I saw it around 5:00 PM when I was setting up for the NSO.

So, I decided I will not let IRCC rest until they borrow themselves brain and approve my daughter’s application. My application was approved on December 15, 2021 so why was my daughter’s own still hanging?

I started sending mails from mid night and set alarm for hourly reminders. I sent mails to as many IRCC email addresses including Lagos and Abuja. Note I used “URGENT - Application number” as subject. Before today, I used just URGENT. For whatever reason, I decided to add the application number to the subject make dem no talk say e hide for the body of the email.

At 11:37 AM Lagos pleaded with me not to send further emails in order not to fill their mailbox that my mails have been forwarded to the office handling my daughter’s application. That really cracked me up. I shared it with my friend and we were both laughing about it.Tor! I sha told her that they will know no peace until they borrow themselves brain and finalize my daughter’s application.

I stopped disturbing Lagos because my friend said dem fit block me but I just gave them some respite since they had begged but kept sending hourly mails to other IRCC emails. I got busy from 2PM putting up a surprise birthday party for my colleague. It was around 5PM when I was setting up for my NSO I realized that Abuja sent me an email at 2:31PM notifying me that the office processing my daughter’s application sent me an “important letter” and at about 2:32 PM the email from CIC had dropped.

I logged in and there the passport request letter was.

You know what? I had made up my mind that I was going to disturb the living hell out of them today.

Sorry it’s coming now because I had to attend the live session of the NSO. The afternoon session starts in 5 minutes.

God will do it for all of us. I bless God for this family. I love you all.

God did it and it ended in praise!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jameseddi1: 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:

So how can we reach bro would have love for u to give me mor inform on this started pursuing this stuff not quite long ago
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ibk2020: 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
ManLikeMace:

I don't want to share my handle on here yet lol
Am really happy for you Mr.prince, I understand you are a celeb and won't want to share your identity yet...
Am also a photographer, also processing my student visa.
I have tone of your YouTube videos.
Mr.liberty will be happy to have you in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
Hello everyone.

So I applied for winter session and classes are to start next week monday. I have enrolled for my classes since courses can be taken online.

About the study visa, my eligibility review started last month. Do you think it Is advisable I send IRcc my enrolment letter to notify them I'd be starting classes next week or theres no need for that. I'm thinking that might help them speed up on a decision.

Thanks for your responses.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mhizamie: 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
please all, good evening, kindly i get admission into memorial university without GMAT/GRE? has anyone been able to get
admission without it. please share

(1) (2) (3) ... (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.