Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855032 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:46am On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:
Pls Guys i was with some travel agents and i was been told my age has a 50/50 chance of getting visa but told me to apply for Uk Universities

I would be 43 this year.
I want to be sure before i proceed with applications.
I trust your judgment guys..
Thank

You have not said anything sir/ma. So do you want to tell me that a 43-year old going for Ph.D. won't fly? Even a 40-year-old has gotten a visa with just an ordinary diploma.

So please be specific with the program you're going for in relation to the age that's making you ask such a question.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Mykhel10:
Good day

Please I’ve applied to NBCC for about 6weeks now no response I want to know what I need to do in preparation for visa application.

You might want to check this out.
https://nbcc.ca/admissions/how-to-apply/international/important-dates-and-timelines

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by girl002: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Hello. Please I can get your email. I just need to ask a question.

Thank you
BAsunshine:

I got PPR on 5th Jan, it’s just BVL I got today.
I sent my passport to Abuja on the 6th from DHL on Allen Avenue, it arrived VFS office already, VFS sent me an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2022
Am so sorry i didnt write out all my details

Am married man with no kids for now and i have been into logistics for the last three years.
I was doing Real Estate before i switch to logistics
I have an Hnd in Marketing, lower credit (2011) Mashood Abiola Polytechnic
I enrolled for a professional course in the Nigerian institute Marketing ( 2013) and but am yet to to complete just a stage to finish it .

i would love to study logistics and supply

i have some 6.5m available for me and my elder brother would help me with funds later on
God bless you for the encouragement
Thank you Ketima
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debankie: 8:13am On Jan 11, 2022
Pls what are the documents required when traveling with a spouse to Canada. Gotten admission already. I want to know all I need.
Pls help!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 8:21am On Jan 11, 2022
Thank you, Ketima.

I appreciate your insight. Indeed, nothing is impossible with God.

Ketima:

VO's looks out for career or academic progression. Is just about trying to understand the relevance of the course to the applicant's academic/ professional future plan. So, as you have had masters before and going for another master, even though it isn't academic progression, but with a well-detailed explanation as to why such, it can still convince the VO. Just note that nothing is impossible with GOD and IRCC is also unpredictable. But could it have been easier had you not declared it entirely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilangel20: 8:22am On Jan 11, 2022
Please, any November applicant that has got his/her application touched aside background check?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:

Am married man with no kids for now and i have been into logistics for the last three years.
I enrolled for a professional course in the Nigerian institute Marketing ( 2013) and but am yet to to complete just a stage to finish it .

i have some 6.5m available for me and my elder brother would help me with funds later on
Thank you Ketima

When is he helping you with the funds?.

Will the fund be available before your application submission?. If no , 6.5m isn't enough for now sir. You will need someone to support you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rahmeekadigz(f): 8:32am On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations...can I get a means to reach you please?I need your help on my application too.im yet to submit
BAsunshine:
So, I finally got my BVL/Correspondence letter today.

This is my timeline and the documents I submitted.

Application submitted; 28th October
Biometrics; 2nd November
Upfront Medicals; 15th October(submitted with application)
Medical Request; 23rd of December, I had submitted so I raised a webform with a new link my friend sent and they updated it on the 24th of December.
PPR; 5th January
BVL; 10th January

Documents Submitted-
Under Client Information;
Birth certificate
Degree Certificate
Police Certificate
Statement of Purpose
NYSC Certificate
Correspondence from places I’ve worked; (Aknowledgement letter and Employment letter for when I get back from my current job and a reference letter from my previous job)
My Current job is my dad’s company and I wrote in my SOP that I’ll be working there after I leave Canada and would subsequently take over the company when my dad retires.
Letter of Sponsorship from my dad.
University Transcript (BSc)
IELTS
Upfront Medical Form
Vaccination Card (Take this to your medical appointment instead)

Under Proof of Means of Financial Support;
Sponsor’s funds; mybankStatement(MBS) of two company accounts and one personal account, all my father’s. (40m)
CAC documents to back up company ownership claim
Reference Letters from all 3 Banks
School Receipt for 4k CAD deposit
Landed Property documents (3)

Personal funds; a fixed deposit certificate of 1.5 million, I explained in my SOP how I came about the money. I figured since I’m 25, I should have some funds of my own.

Also I did a table of content for the documents submitted at the end of the SOP before my final statement.

When I eventually travel in April, I’ll drop landing gist lol.
Thank you all for the helpful messages. I kept reading through the thread for ideas during my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2022
I also want to know oo
lilangel20:
Please, any November applicant that has got his/her application touched aside background check?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2022
Legacyedition:

When is he helping you with the funds?.

Will the fund be available before your application submission?. If no , 6.5m isn't enough for now sir. You will need someone to support you.

He want me to get admission before he can put funds into my account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:

Thank you Ketima

Note that age is never a hindrance to getting a study visa. As I earlier said, many have gotten visas with an ordinary diploma and are 40years and. With HND, a Post Graduate Diploma/certificate in supply chain and logistics is your best choice. So, streamline your search to that.

When you get admission and know your tuition fee, then you can ascertain the amount you need. But note that you need to show tuition for the first year, living expenses for the first year, and some little extra. Then also who VO how you intend to fund the remaining 2nd year if it is a 2 year course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2022
Debankie:
Pls what are the documents required when traveling with a spouse to Canada. Gotten admission already. I want to know all I need.
Pls help!!!

Documents to travel with. But do you guys have visas yet as our saying you have "gotten admission already"? your question isn't clear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 8:52am On Jan 11, 2022
Thanks for all your do..
My sponsor is well prepared for all this..

its a family loan which i would be paying back after 2 years.
Together with d small funds i would be adding i pray the lord grants my request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 8:54am On Jan 11, 2022
lilangel20:

I submitted on 18th Nov
My upfront medical was updated to pass on 23rd Dec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obibaby: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2022
Same here, submitted application 10th Nov and my upfront medical was updated to pass on the 23rd of Dec. By God's grace and mercy everything will end in praise.

Maypearl:

I submitted on 18th Nov
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehiremen2002: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2022
Hello house, anyone in Lagos that has submitted passport using DHL to Abuja VFS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 9:21am On Jan 11, 2022
tobe1997:
I also want to know oo

We gada dey here oo…..But I notice few days after I passed my upfront medical exam, I login to my acct & when I click on check my application status it shows ‘failed to load, this application is being processed’.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omoboriowoJay: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2022
Good Morning Everyone,

I need to know how much I need to have in my account before my visa can be approved.

I mean for a study visa please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2022
Re you using the new portal
kennyjoy:

We gada dey here oo…..But I notice few days after I passed my upfront medical exam, I login to my acct & when I click on check my application status it shows ‘failed to load, this application is being processed’.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2022
Gift212:
Hello everyone!
Please I have a question. How do you know if/when your upfront medical is passed (or otherwise)? Do I have to email Qlife or something?

Check your visa portal, it will be stated there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 9:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Maypearl:

I submitted on 18th Nov
I'm also a Nov applicant
Application submitted - 22 Nov
Biometrics - 29 Nov
Upfront medical passed - 15 Dec
Bvl/ ppr - coming soon (By God's grace).

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:51am On Jan 11, 2022
omoboriowoJay:
Good Morning Everyone,

I need to know how much I need to have in my account before my visa can be approved.

I mean for a study visa please

Having 100m is not a criteria for your application to be approved.

The standard amount expected that you show as funds is at least your 1yr tuition fee and $10,000cad living expense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jennifarh: 9:58am On Jan 11, 2022
Please who is experiencing issues logging into gckey??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2022
jennifarh:

There is maintenance on the platform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilangel20: 9:59am On Jan 11, 2022
There is an update ongoing...
jennifarh:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jennifarh: 10:00am On Jan 11, 2022
Anon123:

There is maintenance on the platform
Oh I didn’t know thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2022
tobe1997:
Re you using the new portal

Yes. New portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 10:09am On Jan 11, 2022
Oh ok...I used gckey�...got the information about the new portal after I applied...but very hopeful I will get my ppr this January.
Application submitted -Nov 1st
Biometrics - Nov 5th
Upfront Medical - Nov 23rd
Medicals passed- Dec 1st
Bvl/ppr- coming very soon
kennyjoy:

Yes. New portal.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Predator188: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:

Thank you Ketima
With HND in marketing your best option is graduate certificate in your related field.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nwizu042: 10:12am On Jan 11, 2022
Good day guys. Please I need your input on this. I applied for a top-up degree in 2015 and after my medicals I was asked to deposit the equivalent of Cad2500 at the time to a Canadian account because of the forex policy of the buhari government and was denied because I couldn't come up with it.
Fast forward to now and I have no tangible work. I have hustled, done Uber and done almost everything to survive. Now I am interested in applying again and leaving the country but don't even know where to start. I would like to try the top up nursing degree at university of Lethbridge in Canada because it is cheap though I really don't know so much about it.
My background information are
Btech surveying and geoinformatics.
Degree class- 2:2
Available fund kpata kpata #2.5 ( I lost my hustle last year November and this is practically all I have now)

I need serious advice because omo frustration is creeping in. I need a general advice even if it means looking at other study destinations.
I was almost pressured to look at instanbul.

Please gurus in the house, even if you will insult me please leave a good advice at the end of the insults. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jennifarh: 10:14am On Jan 11, 2022
Has anyone used the online form a using fidelity bank, I applied to pay for accommodation since on the 24th and I have been calling the response they are giving me is really annoying me.
Please has anyone used uba and how long did it take I want to change banks

(1) (2) (3) ... (772) (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.