Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,714 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (776) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851887 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2022
Predator188:

With HND in marketing your best option is graduate certificate in your related field.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elmemeoflagos(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2022
Greeklinkweek:
Hi @ Elmemeoflagos,
You can apply to a number of masters program without a 2.1cgpa.

However, I've read some comments that suggested that you should apply for PG in a College. It is a nice advise,but certainly not the only way.

I had 2.89cgpa in my first degree and got admitted to the almighty Queen's University in Canada for my Master's degree.

The following steps could help:
1, are you willing to pivot into a different career/field?
2, what was your previous degree(s)?
3, in what field/industry have you been working?

With the above questions answered, I will be able to guide you to about 3 programs you can apply to.

There're far many factors that can make your applications competitive beyond an "ordinary cgpa".

I've walked your path and will advise you based on personal experience.
Wow bro....Thanks

1. Yes, Certainly

2. B. A English

3. Teaching
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2022
This is waoo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 10:27am On Jan 11, 2022
Greeklinkweek:
Hi @ Elmemeoflagos,
You can apply to a number of masters program without a 2.1cgpa.

However, I've read some comments that suggested that you should apply for PG in a College. It is a nice advise,but certainly not the only way.

I had 2.89cgpa in my first degree and got admitted to the almighty Queen's University in Canada for my Master's degree.

The following steps could help:
1, are you willing to pivot into a different career/field?
2, what was your previous degree(s)?
3, in what field/industry have you been working?

With the above questions answered, I will be able to guide you to about 3 programs you can apply to.

There're far many factors that can make your applications competitive beyond an "ordinary cgpa".

I've walked your path and will advise you based on personal experience.

i would like to read from you, i have a 2.51 in Hnd marketing
and right now ..am into logistcs and supply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debankie: 10:30am On Jan 11, 2022
Sorry, the question wasn't clear enough. So I got admitted to Nbcc, no visas for any of us. What I need now is the list of documents and the amount of money that should be in the sponsors account. I need to process the visa for me now then she would join me after some months..
Ketima:

Documents to travel with. But do you guys have visas yet as our saying you have "gotten admission already"? your question isn't clear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2022
Lianna2020:
Lol, you have to use the remaining hours to concentrate on studies o.
can I pm u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Eggovic: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2022
kennyjoy:

Yes. New portal.
link to new portal please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Uzoamaka123: 10:33am On Jan 11, 2022
Anon123:

Thank you so much.
I appreciate your response. I would put both into consideration.
What do you suggest I use to show my home ties apart from the job?
Can I write family? But I don’t have immediate family in Nigeria �
Good day..

Reading your inquiry these are what I feel you could do.

Even if you use just your mum as your sponsor(US and Nigerian bank statements), you are expected to include your own bank statements in the application and you are expected to show source of funds in her bank statements or likely lumps sums in her account (employment docs or cac of business attached with sales or contractual agreements are docs you will need to include).

The 2nd option is also okay but you will need to show more than employment docs as your source of funds that covers tuition and living expenses for a 25yr old with 2yrs work experience. It probably would raise be a concern.

Therefore I will advise you apply both options on your application. It makes your app stronger. As per hometies, you can include your present work experience, study leave letter and an affidavit of return.

My 2kobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 11, 2022
lilangel20:
Please, any November applicant that has got his/her application touched aside background check?

I doubt they have touched November applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2022
girl002:
Hello. Please I can get your email. I just need to ask a question.

Thank you

Click on my profile and send an email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:02am On Jan 11, 2022
[quote author=Uzoamaka123 post=109270301][/quote]

You can not write family since you have no immediate family resident in Nigeria.

Include Nigerian businesses if your mum has any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BAsunshine(f): 11:05am On Jan 11, 2022
ehiremen2002:
Hello house, anyone in Lagos that has submitted passport using DHL to Abuja VFS?

Yes, sent mine on the 6th.
From DHL at Allen, I paid 20,358 for two-way courier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laladude: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2022
PPR!!! (2nd time applicant)

Application submitted - October 8th
Medical passed - November 22th
BVL/PPR - January 6th

Docs submitted:
All IMM docs
leave letter
Updated LOA
House Docs
Family Pics
SOP
LOE
POF Docs

Had an earlier rejection Sept ending and I applied about 7 days later. I used Spectro's format to arrange my docs. Also used his speed on second re-application as a point of contact and God did it.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Beatson: 11:18am On Jan 11, 2022
Oh my God, I submitted my application first week of December, to resume Jan'22, when I noticed and told myself that the time was very short, I deferred for may intake. I submitted the new LOA on the 23rd of Dec got response on my update on the 2nd of January'22. Hope I have not done something wrong sending my new LOA without ircc requesting for it?
Your kind response please.
Ketima:

Note that sending any new document to IRCC will warrant additional assessment and scrutiny of such document. As such it can delay your application. So, I would suggest you wait for a little while to see if IRCC will request for updated LOA, if not, then you can send it to them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2022
Hi Beatson,

You should have asked this question before sending it.

Nevertheless, Nothing spoil.
So relax.

Regards
Beatson:
Oh my God, I submitted my application first week of December, to resume Jan'22, when I noticed and told myself that the time was very short, I deferred for may intake. I submitted the new LOA on the 23rd of Dec got response on my update on the 2nd of January'22. Hope I have not done something wrong sending my new LOA without ircc requesting for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 11:25am On Jan 11, 2022
Laladude:

BVL/PPR - January 6th

Docs submitted:
All IMM docs
leave letter
Updated LOA
House Docs
Family Pics
SOP
LOE
POF Docs

Had an earlier rejection Sept ending and I applied about 7 days later. I used Spectro's format to arrange my docs. Also used his speed on second re-application as a point of contact and God did it.

Very Good.
Can you write the full meaning of those documents
pls Can my brother write a a letter that he intends to sponsor me and give me his bank statements or he put money into my accts with the letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olaoluwa13: 11:27am On Jan 11, 2022
hello house, please I need website to order for GCMS note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2022
olaoluwa13:
hello house, please I need website to order for GCMS note

Gcms note is applied by persons in Canada only. Therefore, you can either use third party sites like gcmsonline.com etc(google can get you more) or I can apply for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Laladude: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:

Very Good.
Can you write the full meaning of those documents
pls Can my brother write a a letter that he intends to sponsor me and give me his bank statements or he put money into my accts with the letter.

PPR - Passport Request Letter
BVL - Biometrics Validity Letter
IMM - Immigration Forms
LOA - Letter of Acceptance
SOP - Statement of Purpose
LOE - Letter of Explanation
POF - Proof of Funds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Beatson:

Noo is good. you didn't do anything wrong. is all the same. While some wait for IRCC to ask for it with believing that if they ask for it and when uploaded, they will act on it quicker than when sent without it being asked. Just know that no one is a VO. People have their perceptions of things differently. But you're good to go. Wishing you the best Beatson

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
Thanks for the response
olasubomy:

It looks more like you have good news coming your way. I like the fact that he was specific about what is going on in your file.

The e-mail looks good.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olumidestella: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2022
Thank you for that
Anon123:

As long as you got a medical request, theres positivity. Just keep disturbing ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by girl002: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2022
Don't listen to those guys. They told me same thing. I did my admission myself and got 2 offers and applied for a visa and got approved. Give it a short

bola01234:
Pls Guys i was with some travel agents and i was been told my age has a 50/50 chance of getting visa but told me to apply for Uk Universities

I would be 43 this year.
I want to be sure before i proceed with applications.
I trust your judgment guys..
Thank

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 11, 2022
Ketima:

Note that sending any new document to IRCC will warrant additional assessment and scrutiny of such document. As such it can delay your application. So, I would suggest you wait for a little while to see if IRCC will request for updated LOA, if not, then you can send it to them.

Thank you for your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jioke1994(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
Goodluck!
It'll end in praise!
Pls, how did u contact ur MP?
My school is Cape Breton University, Sydney, Nova Scotia.
I don't know how to do it?

Olumidestella:
Good evening my people
How una dey

Please house, my application will be 6 months by next tomorrow and no response yet apart from the medical request in October and av been updated to medical pass on Nov 5 2021
I messaged one of the MP, after some conversations he gave this reply.

Please is there any positivity in his response because am curious?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jioke1994(m): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hi everyone!
It'll end in praise!

Pls, how do I contact the MP of my school?
My school is Cape Breton University, Sydney Nova Scotia.
Tnx 4 ur input.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2022
tayogbade:

But I learnt you have to a course related to your career path....hence my question

My point is courses are not majorly the reason for approvals.

There are other criteria that can lead to a denial even with the right course related to your career path.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2022
bola01234:
Pls Guys i was with some travel agents and i was been told my age has a 50/50 chance of getting visa but told me to apply for Uk Universities

I would be 43 this year.
I want to be sure before i proceed with applications.
I trust your judgment guys..
Thank

That is a lie please.. Better run from them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Okay, thank you. I guess I have to wait until IRCC evaluates the results. I just got medical done on December 22nd, and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to do anything, or if qlife will inform me it's been sent/passed or otherwise.
I used the new portal by the way
Ketima:

Once your medical is passed, you will get the update in your GCkey. Qlife or IOM only sends the medical result to IRCC. IRCC evaluates it, then assign pass or recommend for more tests to be carried out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GentleBobo: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2022
Congratulations Laladude.

Please, what's Spectro's format?

Laladude:

BVL/PPR - January 6th

Docs submitted:
All IMM docs
leave letter
Updated LOA
House Docs
Family Pics
SOP
LOE
POF Docs

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
Laladude:

BVL/PPR - January 6th

Docs submitted:
All IMM docs
leave letter
Updated LOA
House Docs
Family Pics
SOP
LOE
POF Docs

Please wat was the refusal reason and how did u tackle it??

Thank u

Congratulations.. It ended in praises

(1) (2) (3) ... (773) (774) (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.