Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,867 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861917 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tracy0803409: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
Teekay20:
You need to make sure that when filling the months for a job offer, it has to be in order with the next one. Example: May 25, 2019 to June 25 2019 for a job experience, the next job have to be July 1 or June 26 2019 to so so date. You can't skip out a month in those years. It will continue to bounce you back. I was frustrated this morning too, but I did that and I was able to move to the next page.

God bless you good Sir,I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dikadubai: 12:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Please help me I need advice to avoid mistakes. I want to apply and add my husband as the accompany. I'm 22 years old with kids my husband 32.
I want to use Waec to apply for two years degree program in the king's university. (Bachelor of Education)
Can the program lead to obtaining pgwp and PR? And what's the chance of getting the study permit with 2 years undergraduate program please I need advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hdior(f): 12:56am On Jan 18, 2022
Please for those using the new IRCC portal. I noticed my digital passport was not requested for as such no where to upload it. Please is that the case as I noticed while applying for my child's visitor's visa, there was provision for digital passport.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chuksinfotech: 2:00am On Jan 18, 2022
Malone122:
Cc makano, lekiboboe ,Ketima and ever other experienced individuals please a comment would be appreciated
I need your “opinion” on this take please, which seems more lucrative to study in Canada
Business administration (international business)
Or
Business administration (marketing)
Any other suggestions on business related career pathways would be appreciated
NOTE — for a younger sibling first degree

If it is for a younger sibling, it is expected that the person might be tech-savvy. If the person knows a little bit of mathematics, please consider courses like business analytics, management information systems, etc

These are more lucrative, as they teach and contain the 21-century skills needed for all emerging economies

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akexstinger(m): 2:20am On Jan 18, 2022
hdior:
Please for those using the new IRCC portal. I noticed my digital passport was not requested for as such no where to upload it. Please is that the case as I noticed while applying for my child's visitor's visa, there was provision for digital passport.

Thanks.
Yeah there is no provision for digital passport photo. The new website is just straightforward and nothing like downloading any form and filling it before uploading. They have tried to modernize the pattern of applying.
Your National Identity card would suffice for passport photograph and since biometric would be done it will also suffice too.
But you can also add the passport photo to the pdf documents that you will upload in the other section

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by enjoywitme: 3:10am On Jan 18, 2022
Hello house, this is my first time to post, my wife got admission to one of the school in Canada, we have paid part of the school fees.
I want to ask is it advisable the whole family should apply for visa?
(We are family of 3)
We only have bank statements of account that shows 20million, it for inflow and outflow.
There is no physical cash in the account. Maybe like one million is the physical cash in the account.
Can we present it for the visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DeeWan: 3:22am On Jan 18, 2022
I have been trying to get the Drivers licence authentication letter for over a month now but it seems so difficult to get as the FRSC officials I have been communicating with keep procrastinating day after day. I want to use this letter to process my Drivers Licence in Ontario, Canada and I am traveling this Friday. Can anyone help with someone reliable I can talk to in FRSC to process this document for me? Your assistance in this regard will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bahause: 3:26am On Jan 18, 2022
Hello.
Had my visa application to Canada previously been rejected and I'm still awaiting my GCMS notes. Previously I was self funded. Now I want to use a sponsor who's my uncle. He's my mum's elder brother.
Can anyone advice me how to go about this and what documents I can tender to convince the vo this time. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmi0909: 3:52am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning. I wish to apply for Masters in Counselling. Please, which universities in Canada offer scholarships for the course? Also, please what are the requirements?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ninab: 4:18am On Jan 18, 2022
ninab:
pls someone should help with this

Hello
Thanks to everyone keeping this platform
Alive .
I am new here and I would like to apply for study permit ,I got admission into fanshawe college ,and the course relates more to my work experience.
I graduated in 2007 with a 2-1 and I have been working since them.My questions are as follows
Can I do a post graduate certificate instead of a masters how do I defend this ,my reason is simply I can’t stress for a 2 year program when I can complete in a year,my years of experience would count for something if I need to get a job.(13 years)
Can I apply with my kids ,I have 4 kids 3 are citizens and I am contemplating whether to go with the youngest who is barely 2 years
I have an issue with my pof,I have it in an investment account and I hear Canada doesn’t accept investment accounts
Can I liquidate into my savings account and explain in my sop or should I just send the investment certificate.
My hubby is sponsoring but he prefers to pay the money into my account ,this would come in as a lump sum should I get a gift deed letter or just explain that he contributed towards my tuition.
Finally, has anyone applied with a us citizen for study permit and got refused(asking because I am contemplating going with all 3 and leaving only one behind )
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by unilag100(m): 6:01am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning house, pls who can volunteer to help me read my academic letter of intent for phd in economics for western university in Ontario before I submit it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by innoinno: 6:25am On Jan 18, 2022
Please, I sincerely need help with this and time is of essence.

Good morning great minds,

Please I need help. My younger brother read Medicine in Ukraine with first class and was subsequently issued with Ukrainian citizen. He wants to do a masters program in Canada, come fall 2022.

The challenge is with finding the right school with open applications for September. Also, what are steps to get this done.

Kindly suggest some possible schools and medical related courses and if he needs for find a supervisor a thesis before making his application.

Thank you for your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ifechidi: 6:29am On Jan 18, 2022
Hi gurus in the house, please I need you to explain what this means. I submitted my study visa application since 14th of May 2021, have done upfront medicals which has been updated, and awaiting a decision. I am being sponsored by my employer who gave me all d CAC documents, bank letters, SOA, notorized affidavit of sponsorship, a draft cheque in my name. Today I received my Gcms notes from CBSA and this was the pre-assment note from the VO attached. My application is still in progress, but I need to know if there's anything I need to add via we form to counter what was noted.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 6:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning!
Please when did you apply for your GCMS notes? I need to know how long it takes for your notes to drop.
Thank you for your swift response.

ifechidi:
Hi gurus in the house, please I need you to explain what this means. I submitted my study visa application since 14th of May 2021, have done upfront medicals which has been updated, and awaiting a decision. I am being sponsored by my employer who gave me all d CAC documents, bank letters, SOA, notorized affidavit of sponsorship, a draft cheque in my name. Today I received my Gcms notes from CBSA and this was the pre-assment note from the VO attached. My application is still in progress, but I need to know if there's anything I need to add via we form to counter what was noted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by unilag100(m): 6:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Good morning house, pls who can volunteer to help me read my academic letter of intent for phd in economics for western university in Ontario before I submit it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 18, 2022
chuksinfotech:

If it is for a younger sibling, it is expected that the person might be tech-savvy. If the person knows a little bit of mathematics, please consider courses like business analytics, management information systems, etc

These are more lucrative, as they teach and contain the 21-century skills needed for all emerging economies
thank you very much for your input sir I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 7:55am On Jan 18, 2022
Blavkmaann:
My brothers and sisters, there was a snow storm in Canada yesterday o, see cold, cars were covered in snow, roads were slippery, i sha vlog everything!

Trust me to make you laugh!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fi0GENbNAw

Please and please, help me pay children school fees, please subscribe and share!
khayi and clapping palm is 7&8
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 8:11am On Jan 18, 2022
Hello pls house who have the idea of how to opt out a course on Conestoga portal so I can apply for a new one because my gcms notes says the course I applied for doesn’t relate to what I studied so am trying to opt out the previous one for a new one .. pls if you have idea on how I can pls help out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:12am On Jan 18, 2022
Adwoa816:
Good evening my dear friends. I am applying for post graduate diploma for my sister who studied BSC Business management with mathematics with a CGPA of 2.0 /4.0 . I have previously applied for business management programs at Humber college but She has been refused. Please what are some potential college we can apply to given her CGPA?

Your sister should apply to schools under ONTARIO COLLEGES BODY (ontariocolleges.ca) and add some supporting documents aside her transcript, certificate of highest degree (BSC) to boost her chances for the admission (it helps alot).

Check out the following programs and colleges

PG.Cert, International Business Management (1 year)
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

PG. Cert in Strategic Global Business Management (2 years)
Conestoga College, ON

PG.CERT, Global Business Management ( 1 year)
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

Below are Documents Needed for PG.Cert Admission to a College in Canada, most especially to a college that requires you to apply via the Ontariocollege.ca international portal

Proof of Citizenship
- Birth Certificate
- International passport Data Page (Valid one and has not expired)

Academic Documents
-Certificate
- Transcript

Supporting Documents (the availability of these other documents can boost your chances for the admission)

- Cover Letter for admission
-Résumé (Canadian Style)
- Professional certificates related to Business field (if any) (Optional)
-Letter of Confirmation of English Language proficiency (Optional)

See the link below for;

Canadian Résumé Style & Cover Letter Sample for Admission into a College for a PG. Cert Program (Find attached)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

Good luck to her!!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:20am On Jan 18, 2022
ninab:
Hello
Thanks to everyone keeping this platform
Alive .
I am new here and I would like to apply for study permit ,I got admission into fanshawe college ,and the course relates more to my work experience.
I graduated in 2007 with a 2-1 and I have been working since them.My questions are as follows
Can I do a post graduate certificate instead of a masters how do I defend this ,my reason is simply I can’t stress for a 2 year program when I can complete in a year,my years of experience would count for something if I need to get a job.(13 years)
Can I apply with my kids ,I have 4 kids 3 are citizens and I am contemplating whether to go with the youngest who is barely 2 years
I have an issue with my pof,I have it in an investment account and I hear Canada doesn’t accept investment accounts
Can I liquidate into my savings account and explain in my sop or should I just send the investment certificate.
My hubby is sponsoring but he prefers to pay the money into my account ,this would come in as a lump sum should I get a gift deed letter or just explain that he contributed towards my tuition.
Finally, has anyone applied with a us citizen for study permit and got refused(asking because I am contemplating going with all 3 and leaving only one behind )
Thank you
You can't do a Masters owing to your STUDY gap (grad. 2007), a PG.Cert program at a college related to your work experience is your best shot cos it shows CAREER PROGRESSION.

Await a response to your other questions from the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 8:23am On Jan 18, 2022
Katehasty:
Hello pls house who have the idea of how to opt out a course on Conestoga portal so I can apply for a new one because my gcms notes says the course I applied for doesn’t relate to what I studied so am trying to opt out the previous one for a new one .. pls if you have idea on how I can pls help out
Use the ocas portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2022
Sisijumai:
Hi, Mr lekiboboe and other guru’s, thanks for your guardians. Mr lekiboboe, I hope you still remember your advise to a man in aug 2020 that had a 3rd class in his undergraduate but now runs his own personal business, I have a similar case, I graduated with a 3rd class in microbiology 2017, 2.34cgpa and have been working as a medical sales representative in a pharmaceutical company since 2018 immediately after NYSC. I intend applying for msc so I followed your guide and applied for IBM at lambton college. Now my question is, am so sorry Incase it has been answered before but have checked the trend but couldn’t place it, please am asked to pay 150CAD before I can continue with the application , am I on the right path?, do you have a better piece of advise for me. Am open to suggestions from everyone, thank you.
Is the 150CAD not the application fee for the admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2022
omoboriowoJay:
Thanks. Please what is no decision in a college application

Your application still in review, so they are yet to make a decision on it

By the way, when did you submit the application, which program, qualification and what college?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:29am On Jan 18, 2022
bola01234:

I have a lower credit of 2.51 in marketing
Is your work experience MARKETING related ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 8:30am On Jan 18, 2022
Hello I just noticed that my first application that I applied in 2020 got rejected very fast
I applied February 13 ,biometric February 14 ,then rejection February 24
What can be the cause?
After I got the rejection my agent just started saying some kind of stuff like he didn’t put my sponsor bank statement of something I don’t believe him sha so I’ve applied for gcms note last week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 8:38am On Jan 18, 2022
Please I need you guys to help me contribute
I’m applying for my third application
How do I address my 2nd refusal gcms note in my LETTER OF EXPLAINATION. Here’s the GCMS

The applicant is seeking to study in the College Diploma Program at Conestoga college in Canada.

I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents.

Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

Weighing the factors in the application.I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the term and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

For the reasons above, I have refused the application.

‘I NOTICED THE OFFICER SAID I’M SINGLE’- When I applied I was 17 years old I don’t understand why they’re saying I’m single am I meant to be married?
I’m 18 now tho
Please what is the meaning of mobile and has no dependents .
Please help me contribute!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by karryprincess: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2022
Katehasty:

Yes I just use it this morning and it went well and perfect … here is the link https://www.tradesystem.gov.ng/

Hello, Please what information did you put on the correspondence bank because this is not provided for by the Western Union Business School. And also who is the beneficiary organisation receiving the foreign exchange.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 8:45am On Jan 18, 2022
Fawaz12345:
Please I need you guys to help me contribute
I’m applying for my third application
How do I address my 2nd refusal gcms note in my LETTER OF EXPLAINATION. Here’s the GCMS

The applicant is seeking to study in the College Diploma Program at Conestoga college in Canada.

I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents.

Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account , the documentation provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

Weighing the factors in the application.I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the term and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

For the reasons above, I have refused the application.

‘I NOTICED THE OFFICER SAID I’M SINGLE’- When I applied I was 17 years old I don’t understand why they’re saying I’m single am I meant to be married?
I’m 18 now tho
While you await response from the gurus, owing to your age, a Bachelor's degree will be more convincing to a Visa Officer than a diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 8:57am On Jan 18, 2022
Hello!
Please how long did it take for your Gcms notes to come out?
I appreciate ur quick response.
Thank you.

Katehasty:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ifechidi: 9:04am On Jan 18, 2022
I applied on the 11th of November, I received it this morning. Note that the GCMS note is from CBSA not IRCC.
Viewoliver:
Good morning!
Please when did you apply for your GCMS notes? I need to know how long it takes for your notes to drop.
Thank you for your swift response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Predator188: 9:28am On Jan 18, 2022
Fawaz12345:

Mobile means : inshort he has explained what mobile means on the refusal letter..that you are not well established..
That you are not sufficiently established in home country...
Single no dependents: you are not married and no one is depending on you for support :
You have family ties issue...
Did you attached your family information ..parents employment,bank statements or siblings information! Id,birth certificates etc

That your chosen program is a waste of funds..
He now questions the credibility of your sponsor...and who the financial sponsor is that the money will not be available..

(1) (2) (3) ... (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.