Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,577 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852942 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chigrad: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Haha...
E reach to ask where dem dey run go.
Its joy unspeakable oh
aminat2000:
Big Shoutout and Mighty Congratulations to all those that PPR rained on today... May the land of Canada favour you all.
Abeg, where una dey always run go when PPR drops, shay na altar ni? Coz this "will be right back to share...." dey always wonder me. grin

June 2nd applicant... God please cry

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
aminat2000:
Big Shoutout and Mighty Congratulations to all those that PPR rained on today... May the land of Canada favour you all.
Abeg, where una dey always run go when PPR drops, shay na altar ni? Coz this "will be right back to share...." dey always wonder me. grin

Those times we dey use am
Logout and login back CIC just to be very sure, make e no be say dem go change mind grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sandra734030:
Honestly I appreciate your response
I would be patience like you have said
I would share my timeline soon when my PPR drops
Thank you very much I really appreciate your explanation
Thank you

Very good and I'm glad you ve decided to wait...
But while your on it by waiting, make sure you contact the school and request for Deferment bcus that's the next step your suppose to take now since your classes are few days away to commence.
Once you get your New LOA, I guess you know what to do next with the new LOA.
God will see you through okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hahaha I can relate very well even as my PPR never drop. Awaiting the PPR alone sef, I can't count how many times I log in and out per day... my phone set don tire but it gats bear with me ooo grin
gracedson:
Those times we dey use am
Logout and login back CIC just to be very sure, make e no be say dem go change mind grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
aminat2000:
Hahaha I can relate very well even as my PPR never drop. Awaiting the PPR alone sef, I can't count how many times I log in and out per day... my phone set don tire but it gats bear with me ooo grin
grin grin cheesy Even as my PPR don drop and even stamped oo, I still dey check my portal grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afomon12: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Same here, May God answer our prayers
Olaidetola:
My PPR is dropping tomorrow guys ;;;; await my timeline, olorun agbaye o you're mighty.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thank you very much
Your advice really means a lot
But Nawa for this Canada people
I heard that CAD application use to take 52 days before meanwhile applicant from other countries get response within a month most especially applicant from India and Turkey. I know of someone from China that submitted and got response same day which is today and this is not even a joke!!

demmyg4real:

1. What if my PPR doesn’t drop before September 17th my resumption date, what do I need to do? The $1,000 is non refundable

Mail your school to inquirer the latest time for deferral, most schools have deferral policy and defer as at when due so as to get refund for ur commitment fee

2. And what’s the next step to take? Because if I decide to apply to another school, before I get my LOA for the new school, my eligibility might have started and which means I won’t be able to upload the new LOA via webform

If you can not meet up with another admission, please wait for IRCC decision and defer your program according to your school policy

3. What’s the best thing to do ?

Defer and wait for IRCC decision if PPR doesn't come before 17th.

As you await IRCC decision think of what to do from ur end.

Am in same boat with you, my program also have September intake only.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afomon12: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
With faith, God no go shame us #March applicant
Johnchan2:

amen ..
We are testifying tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Royalty00:
Silent reader but i have to share that it has finally ended in praise.
PPR just dropped this afternoon.
Didn't get any update since I submitted , eligibility review started today too.

Congratulations. It has ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Wait first.. why are you checking portal again if PPR drops? Does it mean it might be reversed or what? Haaaaaaa, how much is flight to Nairobi (to and fro)... I want to check something undecided
gracedson:
grin grin cheesy Even as my PPR don drop and even stamped oo, I still dey check my portal grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
bisimo:
What God can’t do doesn’t exist !!! September 7TH 2021 A DAY TO BE remembered
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOD!

FAMILY APPLICATION TIMELINE-
Study permit for myself
Study visa for my 6 years old daughter
Visiting visa for my Twin Boys
SOWP Visa for my Hubby.

1ST Application June 2019 Refused( I applied alone)
2ND Application November 2019 Refused when I was about to give birth to my Twin Boys ( I applied alone )

3RD APPLICATION April 9th 2021 (family application) APPROVED

AGE. 35
GOING FOR SECOND MASTERS
SCHOOL- Royal Roads University Victoria ( Master of Global Management)
NSE ROUTE- I SUBMITTED written English waiver with MBS

Application date- April 9th 2021
Biometrics FOR ME 2019 when I fist applied then
Biometric FOR HUBBY April 10th 2021
Upfront medical for all of us. Hubby and kids passed July 12, mine passed August 3rd.
Eligibility started for me 1 month ago
Eligibility started for my hubby and 3 Children 2 weeks ago
I sent 4 mails everyday to Nairobi and webform. At a time I was sacred but my Vo told me to be doing that everyday.( Frankrobbn1. I call him My Vo )LOL

Application approved for 5 of us this morning!!

Document Submitted for myself

1. ALL CIC DOCUMENTS:
2. ACADEMIC DOCS…
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts
• MBA. only Transcript.. My cert is not read then.

Personal Documents

International passport with Malaysia visa, turkey visa and Singapore visa
SOP and LOE well detailed and written by Mr Frank( my Vo)
Birth cert
1 personal Statement of myself
2 personal statement of my hubby as the sponsor
Bank reference letters
My CV
Letter from my hubby’s company stating that I am one of his MD(written by my Mr frank)
Court Marriage Certificate
Family Pictures
CAC
Tax clearance
Hubby Car business receipts
Landed properties (6 )
Affidavit of Support from my hubby

School
Acceptance letter from my school
Acceptance of Deferral letter from my school. I submitted this last month
Receipt of 1st installment payment of Tuition (13,500 CAD)

Children Documents***

ALL CIC Docs
International Passport
Birth Certificates
Study leave letter for my kids (collected this letter from my daughter school.
Last term school results sheet
My daughter is 6 years old
My 2 boys are just 18 months old. Twins

Upfront inquiries about health insurance for my kids ( I emailed some health insurance providers and attached this email correspondences to their application)

Upfront enquiries from schools around the area of my school. ( I had emailed some schools to enquire on their ability to take in my kids, I also attached it too

Spouse Documents***

CIC documents
International Passport
Company letter
Bank References letters
statements of Account( 2 Naira and 1 USD)
Tax clearance Certificate
Work ID card
Personal Car document
Auto Sale Invoices
Auto Purchases Invoices

All thanks and glory to God almighty for making this happen. I can’t thank my VO( Mr Frank) enough. You’re indeed super good at what you do. It could only be you and God.
Thanks Mr Frank. for always been there from Day1. I will refer you over and over again.
I’m super excited oo. BC here I come with my Squad. Lol.
See as l dey smile, thank you God for this family, pls God answer my prayer and favour me too

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
Sandra734030:
Thank you very much
Your advice really means a lot
But Nawa for this Canada people
I heard that CAD application use to take 52 days before meanwhile applicant from other countries get response within a month most especially applicant from India and Turkey. I know of someone from China that submitted and got response same day which is today and this is not even a joke!!

The same is also applicable here in naija,some ppl gets theirs faster within a week.
Forget the normal processing time for every country stated in ircc website,it doesn't count, although ircc won't respond to any enquiry that hasn't gone past the processing time but apart from that,it does not count,it's only when one sees their decision envelope they take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lol..interesting. Quick one does the visa read from now or closer to when your program begins as I know you are for January.
gracedson:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
mercy445:
Lol..interesting. Quick one does the visa read from now or closer to when your program begins as I know you are for January.
It starts reading from the day I enter Canada, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
aminat2000:
Wait first.. why are you checking portal again if PPR drops? Does it mean it might be reversed or what? Haaaaaaa, how much is flight to Nairobi (to and fro)... I want to check something undecided
grin It cannot be reversed, but leave me oooo hahaha, I love that delightful feeling, I even scrolls all down to “Submission application” part, then I start to scroll up little by little to “Biometrics collection letter” up to the PPR and final correspondence letter grin grin

More PPRs is going to drop this Week, today is just Tuesday, We thank God in advance for the multiple people that are going to receive their PPRs before this Week runs out (Amen)

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Has May applicants started receiving ppr or is it just me waiting??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marvi001: 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Congratulations on your admission .
I’m planning on doing mine too in Canada
I sent you a mail.
Kindly respond so I can discuss with you.
Thanks and congrats once again.

TennieYF:
Long post alert!!!
It could only have been God, it has ended in praise.
My journey started 2019 July during my NYSC. I was still a novice about Visa applications then and my focus was on going to a top rated school. I applied to McMaster, Memorial and McGill. I don't know why I thought I would be able to afford them without funding(lol). Got admission to McGill in February 2020 but the tuition was almost 30k with zero funding and I wasn't selected for the scholarship I applied for in November 2019.

I deferred the admission with the hope of reapplying for the scholarship the next year while still applying to other schools.
I still wanted a high ranking uni but this time I was more strategic and looked for for schools with good ranking but relatively affordable fees. I applied to both UBC and UAlberta and only got UAlberta admission.
I also reapplied for the MasterCard scholarship for McGill since I had a deferred admission, this time I was nominated and was so happy. I went through the rigorous scholarship application process and submitted Jan 2021 only to get a rejection from the scholarship in April, I won't lie it broke me and I almost gave up but we moooooove.
Thankfully I had my University of Alberta admission so I started my Visa application and eventually submitted in May.

My timeline is as follows:
[  ] Upfront medicals: May 13th
[  ] Applied : May 14th ( I didn't include my medicals slip because I wanted to submit it with my IELTS result, lol but they updated it to pass before the physical IELTS result came out).
[  ] Medicals updated to pass: May 21
[  ] Biometrics: May 24, updated same day
[  ] IELTS: May 17th (I did CBT so my result came out online in 2 days) - LRSW; 8.5/9/7.5/8.0 band score: 8.5.
[  ] Eligibility review: Sept 7, 2021.
[  ] BVL and PPR: Sept 7, 2021.
Program: MPH, Occupational and Environmental health
School: University of alberta
Duration: 2 years course.

Please note I did not get NSE request but sent the IELTS via webform. Also, I used a stanbic mutual funds account so I was unable to get an MBS so I just used a regular bank statement and confirmation of investment letter.
The funds available were not so much so I was scared it might affect my application but God thank God for grace.

After submission, I realized that some things I submitted in the financial part were really blurry, so I sent them again via webform and emails.
Also, registration for tuition opened late May but I only paid for fall semester and sent the tuition receipt via webform and emails.

I also got a notarized confirmation of name affidavit because the name on my international passport was shortened to Teniola as opposed to all my others documents that beared Oluwateniola.
I sent it with a mini LOE explaining that both are the same thing, I sent both via webform and emails.

Special shoutout to Lekiboeboe, he helped to review my SOP and adjust it without charging me a dime. I initially wanted to use an agent but that one charged 1m, me wey no get money, I ran away, lol.
Also, shoutout to Frank, when I sent him a mail about my SOP he was willing to help as well but it was short notice and I really wanted to meet up with the May 15th deadline then. But he still helped me look through and encouraged me that my application had prospects.

I used table of contents for both client information and Proof of funds part. My POF part also had like a mini LOE because I wanted to explain all the transactions and any lump sum very well. I have attached pictures of both below to show the documents I submitted.

I wouldn't lie there were times when I felt discouraged and my faith was shaky, but I always encouraged myself with God's word and followed NLP morning prayers diligently to boost my faith.
My NLP people I have Received it o and the Wait is over!!!!
Surely what God cannot do doesn't exist! It has ended in praise for me and it will end in praise for all PPR hopefuls on the TL!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ola240: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ola240:
which school gives enrollment letter after tuition deposit payment only? Help out thanks
someone please help out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Please I have question o.what does application submitted from within Canada mean.Is it wen u reside in Canada or if u submitted from Canada. My brother actually submitted my application online within Canada on 24th 8pm after paying for my application with his Credit card. I filled the whole forms but I had to log out around past 12am on 25th and gave him my gckey info to help me pay for my application and submit.I noticed that my application stated I submitted on 24th cos it was my brother in Canada that submitted it even though it was 25th in Nigeria. my question is will it be counted as application made from within Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by endinpraise907: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thanks for your response. My school states that deferral is only based on a refusal by IRCC {THEIR POLICY}.. i just tire

viviangogos:
If your application is in progress, you only need to defer to same DLI next intake. If you get another admission from another school, i think you may have to re apply for SP.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
mastersammy:

In my own perspective, it's not a good idea to go for PGD/PG cert bcus you ve already bagged masters degree, so by going for PGD, VO will see it as Retrogressing and it won't be healthy for your application.
PGD is not your level and you don't belong there, so by using it , VO may think your looking for an easy way out and as such you may not return home after studies.
So my take on this is, forget anything PGD bcus you've gone way pass that level bcus I don't think you will stand a chance with it.
Someone at your level should be going for PHD..
Anyways these are my thoughts sha

Thank you very much. Getting supervisors for PhD is not easy and the funds too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
I think the passport and address is what they use
I'm not sure ooo.

My friend in Canada also made payment for me and I've been hoping it'll count

Enjay316:
Please I have question o.what does application submitted from within Canada mean.Is it wen u reside in Canada or if u submitted from Canada. My brother actually submitted my application online within Canada on 24th 8pm after paying for my application with his Credit card. I filled the whole forms but I had to log out around past 12am on 25th and gave him my gckey info to help me pay for my application and submit.I noticed that my application stated I submitted on 24th cos it was my brother in Canada that submitted it even though it was 25th in Nigeria. my question is will it be counted as application made from within Canada ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Another night, dear Lord let's have more PPR and less rejected applications tomorrow.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
FKipepeo:
Congratulations!! It has ended in praise.

Thanks, Boss! I really appreciate!

More PPRs are going to come out before the end of the week

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thaiy:

Congratulations

Thanks Thaiy!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
Testimonytime:

Congratulations.

Thanks, TestimonyTime!

Just like your name, you would see news this week!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Teenie19:
Congratulations Frank!

Thanks Teeeeeeennnieeee!!! I really really appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by darey360(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Loud Amen
DestinationCann:
Another night, dear Lord let's have more PPR and less rejected applications tomorrow.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankalvinz(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
OGRukky:
Congratulations May Canada Favour you

Amen, OGRukky!

May God favor us all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bisimo: 11:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hi, Thank God for your trip to RRu. pls let connect o. I applied THERE TOO AND i just got my visa approved. i need you to link me up on how you got you apartment pls! God bless you

IntimidationJay:
Hello everybody, I just landed in Canada, the SP journey has been a hectic one, but grateful to have gotten here.

Landing gist,
Arrived MMA by 9 for my 1:45pm flight with Ethiopian airlines, the airport was basically empty, so I tipped the baggage security people 1k cos they already hailing me boss and said I can’t give them 5H, then I continued to agriculture declaration venue, I didn’t declare any agricultural products (though I had a bag full of food items) I just told them it’s clothes and books and since it was in a box, they let me go. Went ahead to check in, my bags weighed 20kg and 22kg, at check in; I showed Arrivecan, Covid test, admission letter/enrollment letter and Passport.
I got my boarding passes and proceeded to customs and immigration, I didn’t tip anybody, the airport was empty and nobody had my time, so it was quick. In 5mins I was done with immigration and my passport was stamped. Proceeded to board and we left for Addis Ababa, arrived at Addis Ababa, proceeded to my Gate and boarded my flight to Toronto. The flight stopped in Dublin for refuel and then proceeded to Toronto. Got to Toronto, didn’t declare anything at Customs, showed them I’m fully vaccinated and I was given the green sticker which meant I was exempted from quarantine and proceeded to immigration.

At immigration, my village people wanted to try nonsense because my passport and visa information was not coming up on the Immigration officer’s system, he kept scanning and typing. Finally it came on and we were both relieved. He asked about my school, fees and acceptance letter and proceeded to print out my study permit. By the time I finished at immigration, I had missed my flight to British Columbia which is my final destination. Went to the Air Canada counter and told them that I missed my flight because of the immigration officers and the woman rescheduled the flight for me without any extra fees (apparently I think if immigration makes you miss your flight, the airlines are not supposed to charge you, that’s what the immigration officer told me when I was trying to tell her I’ll miss my flight).

When my flight was rescheduled to 8pm…and I had 12hours in Toronto, I called a friend who came and took me to downtown Toronto and other places, ate a lot of food and walked a whole a lot. Came back to the airport and boarded my flight to BC (Toronto to BC is like Lagos to London)

Just arrived BC, and I’m waiting for a cab to go to my apartment.

I pray everybody on this journey will give their own landing gist soon! Amen!

All the best guys!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hubmon360:
Has May applicants started receiving ppr or is it just me waiting??
15th May is here

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
aminat2000:

I wonder o, i feel its the bubble dey make them run go wash their face sef to be sure if they are seeing well. We thank God for all the good news. I pray this mid night welcomes more PPRs

A a da lagbara Olorun. Ayo lo ma jasi.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.