Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170389 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Domistic:

Bro, pls help. I am new in the Uk. I have a Binance account from Naija. Which bank is easy to link up my account with here in UK. I have a monzo account. What’s the process like ?
I use revolut to make deposit to Binance and withdraw to my TSB card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
umarwy:
@justwise

Aren't you in Nigeria??

Yes I'm currently in Nigeria, buried my mum yesterday so could not act quickly to change my ticket, wouldn't have got the test done today and get morning ticket for tomorrow,

The whole thing is a big headache to me now ,

Hopefully by Wednesday there will be much clarity about this,

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
inphoenix:

Get their own place but struggle to pay tuition. That's the angle I am coming from. Do we have to let our family and friends suffer when we are in the position to help?

Edit: I just read your other posts and I see that you are speaking from the hurt of past experience(s). What strikes me from your stand on this issue is what I have come to see might be the problem with Nigerian hosts, such as mine (story for another day)

You complain on one hand about "entitled" guests and here you are with a reportedly well behaved one, but your reaction is that the person should move out, thus defeating the purpose of seeking accommodation with you in the first place. Meaning you are not in support of helping regardless of how the guest conduct themselves. Hian!

You got me wrong, please don’t misquote me. I never said said that well behaved guests should move out. What I meant is that If your guest is paying your rent, then what is the point of squatting with you? Such guest can afford to pay for their own place. There’s good and bad. I’ve got friends I will move the earth for, when they come to the UK I always put them up. They are more than well behaved and I won’t be happy if they stay in a hotel. There’s mutual respect in the relationship, I don’t expect any guest to pay for my bills.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
okposm:

Whatever the case is, let go. U have disowned and there are disowned. We all are different even though the default mood of a human is to be wicked. So because of these, not all of us can go the extra mile to be nice, we have to go out of our way to be nice. It takes something to be nice. You cannot keep talking about it if it is causing you pain. The use of words like "these people" is not needed now. Just focus on your area of strength and move on.

I don’t go out of my way to be nice, I am generally nice to people it’s second nature to me but that’s doesn’t mean I’m stupid.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrnairaland1(m): 11:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hello great minds. I will like to know the possibility and ways to convert dependent visa to work visa before the expiration of the primary applicants first year. For ILR sake, it is better to move to work visa on time instead of waiting for 2 years post study visa (I read somewhere that the 3years journey doesn’t count for ILR) and later look for sponsorship which means another 5years journey. I need information on how best to make a smooth transition. @lagosismyhome @justwise and other great minds let me tap into your ocean of knowledge on this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
mrnairaland1:
Hello great minds. I will like to know the possibility and ways to convert dependent visa to work visa before the expiration of the primary applicants visa’s first year. For ILR sake, it is better to move to work visa on time instead of waiting for 2 years post study visa (I read somewhere that the 3years journey doesn’t count for ILR) and later look for sponsorship which means another 5years journey. I need information on how best to make a smooth transition. @lagosismyhome @justwise and other great minds let me tap into your ocean of knowledge on this
I really think you should visit an Immigration lawyer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
mrnairaland1:
Hello great minds. I will like to know the possibility and ways to convert dependent visa to work visa before the expiration of the primary applicants first year. For ILR sake, it is better to move to work visa on time instead of waiting for 2 years post study visa (I read somewhere that the 3years journey doesn’t count for ILR) and later look for sponsorship which means another 5years journey. I need information on how best to make a smooth transition. @lagosismyhome @justwise and other great minds let me tap into your ocean of knowledge on this

Get a job that sponsors visas and switch as soon as you can.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RalphJean: 11:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
mrnairaland1:

1. You are currently a dependant of a tier-4 visa holder, yes?

2. The main holder ( your spouse) is currently a student, who hopes to complete 1 year masters, followed by 2 year PSW visa yes?

If 1& 2 above holds true, it will make sense for you to move to Work visa (if & when you get a sponsor) ASAP. That way, your ILR years (5-year ‘short’ route begins to count.

The ‘3-year journey’ DOES count for ILR on the ‘LONG RESIDENCE’ aka 10-year route.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrnairaland1(m): 12:06am On Dec 06, 2021
Thanks for the information
RalphJean:

1. You are currently a dependant of a tier-4 visa holder, yes?

2. The main holder ( your spouse) is currently a student, who hopes to complete 1 year masters, followed by 2 year PSW visa yes?

If 1& 2 above holds true, it will make sense for you to move to Work visa (if & when you get a sponsor) ASAP. That way, your ILR years (5-year ‘short’ route begins to count.

The ‘3-year journey’ DOES count for ILR on the ‘LONG RESIDENCE’ aka 10-year route.
Hope this helps.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 12:07am On Dec 06, 2021
Just saw this on Twitter

cc @justwise

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 12:17am On Dec 06, 2021
Olalekank:
Just saw this on Twitter

cc @justwise
Tweet was from the 4th. Irrelevant now because the ban starts from 4am today.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 12:24am On Dec 06, 2021
Abeg, can my dependants come to the UK if we agree to pay for quarantine?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 12:55am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

Yes I'm currently in Nigeria, buried my mum yesterday so could not act quickly to change my ticket, wouldn't have got the test done today and get morning ticket for tomorrow,

Hopefully by Wednesday there will much clarity about this,
B
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 1:04am On Dec 06, 2021
Josh121:

Boss I think the could be away out , Benin �� is not yet on the red list, when dubai ban Nigerian cos of covid I know people that got to dubai from there, but I think it require a little risk. My flight is for 24 dec back to Uk and I heard the will be review on the 20th so I don’t want to take any step yet. But you can actually get into Benin �� and come back to Lagos and book your flight on the 11 day and move . Note you will be stamp legit but coming back to Lagos you know nau . Please I am not saying anyone to commit crime ooo just saying what is possible .
Please if you are with family don’t try this
This advice won’t be applicable to @justwise becuz he already has a return ticket. Besides have you checked the travel requirements for foreigners into Benin republic or you think Benin republic is as porous as our Nigeria wink……
Best advice if you can afford to pay for quarantine is to wait it out. Dirty December no be do or die grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 1:09am On Dec 06, 2021
wallg123:

This advice won’t be applicable to @justwise becuz he already has a return ticket. Besides have you checked the travel requirements for foreigners into Benin republic or you think Benin republic is as porous as our Nigeria wink……
Best advice if you can afford to pay for quarantine is to wait it out. Dirty December no be do our die grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 1:18am On Dec 06, 2021
wallg123:

Best advice if you can afford to pay for quarantine is to wait it out. Dirty December no be do our die grin

No vex me I be alaroro , I no fit go spend 2k plus for Uk gov when I am not positive to covid no vex after all the tax and stress kojo
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 1:37am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

Oh!! That is really sad to hear. I am so sorry about the loss of your Mum. May her gentle soul continue to rest in Peace. We are hopefully the ban won't be long as far as Naija Government don't inflate the Covid statistics ♥️

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 2:50am On Dec 06, 2021
STENON:
Oh!! That is really sad to hear. I am so sorry about the loss of your Mum. May her gentle soul continue to rest in Peace. We are hopefully the ban won't be long as far as Naija Government don't inflate the Covid statistics ♥️

Or reciprocate covid flight ban restrictions
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

Haa try to keep stress level down oo, especially at such a time. The death of a loved one is not an easy thing to bear…once again sorry for your loss Justwise, may the good lord comfort you and the family at large.

I hope your flight gets sorted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 3:46am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

May you have the fortitude to bare the loss. RIP

Wish you the best, at least we will have first hand information from the mod.

This red list thing sha, they might have to remove it before Jan/Feb resumptions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:47am On Dec 06, 2021
wallg123:

Best advice if you can afford to pay for quarantine is to wait it out. Dirty December no be do or die grin

That return ticket is useless now, I'm ready to let go that return ticket if I worked out alternative route
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2021
Omicron999:

Or reciprocate covid flight ban restrictions
Omicron get behind me grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2021
STENON:

Appreciated,

I don't think the ban will end this year,
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:19am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

That return ticket is useless now, I'm ready to let go that return ticket if I worked out alternative route

Sorry to hear about your situation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

Sorry about your loss bro. May she continue to Rest In Peace.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:59am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

To make matters worse BA cancelled its yesterday flight from lagos , meaning all those passengers Will now be subjected to the new process. Very stressful and upsetting

May your mum soul continue to rest in peace. Hopefully soon its will all be settled. So tired of covid and its disruptions

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2021
justwise:

May God help you find the best solution to deal with this restrictions. Amen
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HiddenID(m): 9:33am On Dec 06, 2021
LagosismyHome:

To make matters worse BA cancelled its yesterday flight from lagos , meaning all those passengers Will now be subjected to the new process. Very stressful and upsetting

May your mum soul continue to rest in peace. Hopefully soon its will all be settled. So tired of covid and its disruptions
Can't believe they canceled that flight shocked You won't believe how much we paid for that flight and I bet other people possibly paid even more. I suspected this ban thing coming, hence my last post which you kindly provided some advice on. My person couldn't meet up anyway but we got a BA eVoucher

So sorry about your loss @justwise and I pray your travel is sorted quickly

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Haa try to keep stress level down oo, especially at such a time. The death of a loved one is not an easy thing to bear…once again sorry for your loss Justwise, may the good lord comfort you and the family at large.

I hope your flight gets sorted

Well... That is the story for another day. Let me get out Nigeria first
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2021
umarwy:

May you have the fortitude to bare the loss. RIP

Wish you the best, at least we will have first hand information from the mod.

This red list thing sha, they might have to remove it before Jan/Feb resumptions.

That is possible, right now only African countries are on

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2021
Olalekank:

Sorry about your loss bro. May she continue to Rest In Peace.

TheGuyFromHR:

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Thanks I appreciate
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Yes I saw that news and it got me really worried because if other airlines do the same then we are done.

Thanks for your condolence message though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.