Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170384 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 11:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
dupyshoo:
It's still your decision. Nobody is forcing us to come to the UK. It's because we have made our own country undesirable. We have to live with their rules unfortunately.

You are even talking about entry clearance. Wait until you have to pay for ILR. When I told my British-born colleagues how much you have to invest before you can become a British citizens, they were speechless. One of them even mentioned that the money is enough for house deposit, which is the truth.

Confirm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 12:54am On Dec 10, 2021
Please who can explain this plan B

I have failed to see the difference between this and what have been going on previously
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2021
ukay2:

UK government making money from Nigerians.

When are we going to develop Nigeria and stop living here sad
1. The year Nigerians would stop importing every consumable and start exporting.
2. The year Africans would stop asking for foreign aids
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2021
Hello guys, please for individuals with a work station/home office.

I have been trying to purchase a good office chair, i have purchased some in the past that really hurts my back.

I have been doin research, just when i feel like i have found a chair i then stumble on negative reviews about the chair��

Please can anyone recommend a very good office desk(less than 100 pounds) that provides a great support to the back. I will be extremely grateful

I hope my budget is fair though
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 1:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Irenenwaka:

I have been trying to purchase a good office chair, i have purchased some in the past that really hurts my back.

I have been doin research, just when i feel like i have found a chair i then stumble on negative reviews about the chair��

Please can anyone recommend a very good office desk(less than 100 pounds) that provides a great support to the back. I will be extremely grateful

Your best bet, take a trip to lumbar office chair sales rooms and test drive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 1:36am On Dec 10, 2021
Invest in secret lab chairs. A bit pricey but great buy wink

Irenenwaka:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 2:00am On Dec 10, 2021
RennyKitty:
Hi everyone please does one need a transit visa for Qatar airways to heathrow? Or Turkish Airline ? Please help me out biko
You don't need transit visa for Qatar airways.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 2:58am On Dec 10, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Go to Ikea and test drive all their office chairs.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ambasado4lyf: 3:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Please, I need naira. Whoever has naira to exchange for pounds should send a PM.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Omicron999:

Create an holistic enabling environment and charge mega premium for the privilege

Failure of past, present and future government's

Which past, present and future government? Lols no be the same people we dey recycle for government thanks to Grassroot politics.

So Nigeria should manage whatever government they get since they don't want change.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 4:58am On Dec 10, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

Which past, present and future government? Lols no be the same people we dey recycle for government thanks to Grassroot politics.

So Nigeria should manage whatever government they get since they don't want change.

The greatest form of insanity, is recycling the same people, and expecting different results!!!

Until the umpire is free and really totally independent + our political system free from heavy monetisation....... NO WAY FORWARD!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzomarrr123: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2021
justwise:

How about those who can not afford it? How about those who has a place to quarantine but was forced to pay £2585 in 10days and at the end test negative?

People who have tested negative 48/24hrs before arriving or 2days after arriving should not be forced to pay that stupid money.

You decided to come to the UK after the rule was introduced then it’s your problem, pay whatever you are asked to pay because you knew the consequences of your trip but for those who got caught out while away should be allowed to quarantine in their homes.

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming out of my bank account.
With all dia shalaye and shenanigans ,all dia precaution measures, the UK and US still have more cases and deaths from COVID than Africa as a whole .

SMH

Milking £2585 from travelers entering the UK, all in the name of quarantine, of course ,one black Nigerian man living in the UK reading this here would still defend the UK and blast Nigeria for not being developed yen yen yen !

This UK govt are the biggest yahoo boys / organization on earth , that is why I keep saying , there’s nothing special about there aside from dia currency , which makes sense back home in Nigeria

If £1 equal to 1 naira , you won’t find a 40 year old man hustling for student visa into a cold country !!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2021
justwise:

How about those who can not afford it? How about those who has a place to quarantine but was forced to pay £2585 in 10days and at the end test negative?

People who have tested negative 48/24hrs before arriving or 2days after arriving should not be forced to pay that stupid money.

You decided to come to the UK after the rule was introduced then it’s your problem, pay whatever you are asked to pay because you knew the consequences of your trip but for those who got caught out while away should be allowed to quarantine in their homes.

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming out of my bank account.

You will be fined 4K or 10k pounds and still pay for the hotel. It will also go on your record and affect future applications in the uk.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2021
giselle237:

The airlines in Nigeria wont even let you board the flight from Nigeria if you dnt show CTM payment invoice and the booking completion with your hotel name .. this is what is happening… you cnt even get to Heathrow…
Exactly. They turned back people yesterday.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2021
RennyKitty:
Are u trying to say covid test should be done 24 hours bfr departure now or what? Tori olohun break down this English. E no use all body understand me(ko fi gbogbo ara ye mi)

Yes that was exactly what I was told at the clinic,aparantly that was the new rule but on govt website or says 48hrs.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2021
Omicron999:
[/b]

It would be taking from your tax code, eventually !!!

The problem is with immigration and airlines, as they will not even allow you to get to checking in desk without showing those documents let alone board .

The British govt gives the instructions and they carried it out. Apart from that many British passport holders will not end up in any stupid hotel because you can not physically force anybody to do that .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2021
Temitopepremium:

How do we cancel the application when decision has already been made please?

Decision made but where is your passport?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:51am On Dec 10, 2021
gistbite:

You will be fined 4K or 10k pounds and still pay for the hotel. It will also go on your record and affect future applications in the uk.

Which future applications?

Like I said.. the problem is with immigration and airlines, forget about fine hot airs .
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mayo47(m): 8:15am On Dec 10, 2021
Nigerians "Nothing Dey Happen" belief system

deept:
please adhere to quarantine rules if you dont want what happened to these people in canada to happen to you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Jenireva1: 8:17am On Dec 10, 2021
gistbite:

Exactly. They turned back people yesterday.

People that had the CTM payment invoice, were they allowed to board?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 8:26am On Dec 10, 2021
Irenenwaka:

Look into gaming chairs, they might be slightly above your budget. But they are designed for comfort and support during prolonged use

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2021
If you are not time constrained, kindly go to turkey and spend the 10 days, thereafter enter into the UK. do not pay for this hotel. U will cry blood.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2021
justwise:

The problem is with immigration and airlines, as they will not even allow you to get to checking in desk without showing those documents let alone board .

The British govt gives the instructions and they carried it out. Apart from that many British passport holders will not end up in any stupid hotel because you can not physically force anybody to do that .

Some legal minds are currently challenging this modern form of self -paid kidnapping

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2021
Omicron999:

Some legal minds are currently challenging this modern form of self -paid kidnapping

It's insane to say the least. There are more cases of this new variant in the UK and other EU countries than Nigeria and other African countries in that list but few African countries were targeted and shamed.

Why not allow people to quarantine in their houses or allow them to leave the hotel if they tested negative in day2? Everyone else is walking freely untested spreading it while a few are forced to pay £££ to isolate.

If decided to come to the UK after this rule was introduced then pay whatever they charged you but don't make everyone else to pay that money.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Omicron999:

The greatest form of insanity, is recycling the same people, and expecting different results!!!

Until the umpire is free and really totally independent + our political system free from heavy monetisation....... NO WAY FORWARD!!!!!!

I agree with you. It’s alter madness to be doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Until those dinosaurs are flushed out of government, Nigeria will never move forward only backwards.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:01am On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

With all dia shalaye and shenanigans ,all dia precaution measures, the UK and US still have more cases and deaths from COVID than Africa as a whole .

SMH

Milking £2585 from travelers entering the UK, all in the name of quarantine, of course ,one black Nigerian man living in the UK reading this here would still defend the UK and blast Nigeria for not being developed yen yen yen !

This UK govt are the biggest yahoo boys / organization on earth , that is why I keep saying , there’s nothing special about there aside from dia currency , which makes sense back home in Nigeria

If £1 equal to 1 naira , you won’t find a 40 year old man hustling for student visa into a cold country !!!

Maybe if Nigeria kept proper records then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. There’s no proper records of births, deaths, accidents, etc Loads of Nigerian travellers were using fake COVID passports.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustAPasserBy: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2021
Please does anyone have a lemonade code to share?
I want to sign up.
Need to send some naira to the boys for Christmas

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzomarrr123: 10:18am On Dec 10, 2021
marylandcakes:

Maybe if Nigeria kept proper records then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. There’s no proper records of births, deaths, accidents, etc Loads of Nigerian travellers were using fake COVID passports.
Abegi keep quiet !!!
Go and watch CNN and see how dia govt is complaining of dia citizens faking to have received COVID 19 vaccine

You think this forgery Na only Nigeria Dey do am

You only want to believe whatever you hear or see on social media

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzomarrr123: 10:24am On Dec 10, 2021
marylandcakes:

Honestly speaking , I no no who do some Nigerians this thing , once dem manage go Europe , them go just Dey cap nonsense as if “Europe dey perfect”

Shey na swear ni
I dey complain about the unnecessary extortion of £2585 from travelers , you Dey yarn different thing entirely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

Honestly speaking , I no no who do some Nigerians this thing , once dem manage go Europe , them go just Dey cap nonsense as if “Europe dey perfect”

Shey na swear ni
I dey complain about the unnecessary extortion of £2585 from travelers , you Dey yarn different thing entirely

Unfortunately, nothing can be done if they don't change the rules/reconsider !!!!!

Those affected would have to circumvent the rules. Loads of other countries in Europe, fly to another country with no red list restrictions, serve your quarantine, hire a car/book a flight/get on the ferry into the UK !!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Teeclassicroyal: 11:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

Shey na swear ni

This quarantine fee, there are some Universities that pay back in some ways. I will advise that applicants send mails to the unis so as to confirm if the unis have provisions in this direction. In case they don't also have, such mails, if received in large numbers can go a long way to encourage them to consider doing so.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

SMH

my brother i tire. Uk don deal with nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.