Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170299 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RennyKitty: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
This was the only justification the UK govt needed to put us on that list and we gave them. Of course they know that one way or the other some of us that can’t wait to get out of this “Blessed Nigeria” will pay and keep it moving. Nigeria is so blessed with deceitful governments and citizens. If and only if ☹️
marylandcakes:

Maybe if Nigeria kept proper records then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. There’s no proper records of births, deaths, accidents, etc Loads of Nigerian travellers were using fake COVID passports.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Vooom: 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
Goodmorning my people
E don tay wey i dissapear

Life hit me real bad
Thank God for surviving all of it

I have missed out on a lot of conversations
Hopefully i catch up

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by brine(m): 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
JustAPasserBy:
Please does anyone have a lemonade code to share?
I want to sign up.
Need to send some naira to the boys for Christmas

Feel free to use this https://referral.lemonade.finance/invite/uHTKsyAWqVkWaBma7
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temitopepremium(f): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
justwise:

Decision made but where is your passport?

That's what I keep asking ukvi and TLS. Infact, my husband had to go to UK embassy at Ikoye to report the issue but couldn't get a listening ear over there.

Please anyone that has a solution to my predicament should help as today makes it 60 working days that ukvi has withhold my husband's passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
gratefulme40:
Hi everyone.
I am trying to fill ILR application form, part of the documents requested is a letter from your employer to cover periods of absence from UK even if your absence was your annual leave. I am no more with the employer I was with at the time i travelled out of the country and as such, can’t get this letter from the employer. What else can I use?

I have ticked the OTHERS option with the intention of writing a letter to explain my absence, is that enough?

Please Justwise, Lagosismyhome, lexusgs430 any ideas on the above? Or is there already a thread dedicated to ILR application through tier2 route?

Thank you guys to all those that responded to my question in quote.

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
gratefulme40:

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news.... congrats

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adayoung(f): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
gratefulme40:

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations
So did u write a letter or did u get a letter from your employer
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Adayoung:

Congratulations
So did u write a letter or did u get a letter from your employer

I didn’t do any in the end. I just wrote in the box for extra information saying I am adding my expired passport to show stamps of the countries I have travelled to and transited through with dates. I scanned all visas, entry and departure stamps in my passport and uploaded

I did get an employment certificate from my employer stating I am still employed and my salary, nothing about my absences

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Jenireva1:

People that had the CTM payment invoice, were they allowed to board?
Yes. I did
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Good news.... congrats

Thanks. You follow respond to my query. Thank you again

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
gratefulme40:

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by r4blessing: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hi all,

I think someone (can't remember who) had an issue with Lemonade finance recently, please how did you resolve it?. It's been over 24hours and I'm yet to get a response from them. I tried funding my wallet and this has been deducted from my bank account but yet to reflect in my wallet. My bank (Barclays) confirmed the transaction went through. Please how else can i reach them?.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
gratefulme40:

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow congratulations ending the year in such a happy note. Congratulations once again

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MINTss: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening everyone,
Glad to have seen this platform. I recently moved to the Uk and would appreciate if I could meet people staying in dagenham. I hear it helps with the transition when you have a community.
I would appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
MINTss:
Good evening everyone,
Glad to have seen this platform. I recently moved to the Uk and would appreciate if I could meet people staying in dagenham. I hear it helps with the transition when you have a community.
I would appreciate.
Welcome. Feel free to ask any questions here. I’m not too far from you (Essex) so if you need person to help you fight call me grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

Wow congratulations ending the year in such a happy note. Congratulations once again

Thank you
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
marylandcakes:

I agree with you. It’s alter madness to be doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Until those dinosaurs are flushed out of government, Nigeria will never move forward only backwards.

On a lighter mood, doing the same thing and expecting a different result works in machine learning grin .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by emitope: 6:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
Congratulations

gratefulme40:

ILR granted!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
wallg123:

Welcome. Feel free to ask any questions here. I’m not too far from you (Essex) so if you need person to help you fight call me grin

Please call me too,

I will bring pop corn and orobo pepsi

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by missjekyll: 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
deept:
please adhere to quarantine rules if you dont want what happened to these people in canada to happen to you

I am not sure this is completely true. No sane country will want to lose all that tax over a quarantine violation. They should have been fined but deportation is extreme.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abubarakat: 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
If you can increase your budget considerably, I will suggest SecretLabs chairs.

It’s the best investment I have made in the last few years. I used to have back pains after using several budget chairs but the story changed the moment I decided I wasn’t going to neglect myself anymore whilst spending a lot more on frivolous things.

Irenenwaka:
Hello guys, please for individuals with a work station/home office.

I have been trying to purchase a good office chair, i have purchased some in the past that really hurts my back.

I have been doin research, just when i feel like i have found a chair i then stumble on negative reviews about the chair��

Please can anyone recommend a very good office desk(less than 100 pounds) that provides a great support to the back. I will be extremely grateful

I hope my budget is fair though

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adamstom33: 8:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening everyone, please what is the best way to send money from Nigeria to the UK, please with good rates. Thanks �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by abubarakat: 8:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
I have used these recently: moneyfex.com, Lemonade, Kyshi, mamatakwas (a Nairalander on this thread)

They each have their pros and cons. Please review them carefully.

Adamstom33:
Good evening everyone, please what is the best way to send money from Nigeria to the UK, please with good rates. Thanks �

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adamstom33: 8:48pm On Dec 10, 2021
abubarakat:
I have used these recently: moneyfex.com, Lemonade, Kyshi, mamatakwas (a Nairalander on this thread)

They each have their pros and cons. Please review them carefully.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

Abegi keep quiet !!!
Go and watch CNN and see how dia govt is complaining of dia citizens faking to have received COVID 19 vaccine

You think this forgery Na only Nigeria Dey do am

You only want to believe whatever you hear or see on social media

Who the hell do you think you are to tell me to keep quiet? Please don’t quote me just look and pass.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Uzomarrr123:

Honestly speaking , I no no who do some Nigerians this thing , once dem manage go Europe , them go just Dey cap nonsense as if “Europe dey perfect”

Shey na swear ni
I dey complain about the unnecessary extortion of £2585 from travelers , you Dey yarn different thing entirely

The truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. Just like an alcoholic, if you don’t acknowledge that you have got a problem then you will never be able to solve the problem. Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
marylandcakes:

The truth is a very bitter pill to swallow. Just like an alcoholic, if you don’t acknowledge that you have got a problem then you will never be able to solve the problem. Keep deceiving yourself.
cheesy cheesy Pls save your energy for something else that guy has serious mental health problems

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
wallg123:

cheesy cheesy Pls save your energy for something else that guy has serious mental health problems

Thanks for the heads up. I will just ignore him from now on.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
@omopapa, i got an interview with NHS.....histology dept.. any advice?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
JustAPasserBy:
I want to sign up.

I do

Or am I too late?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2021
JustAPasserBy:
I want to sign up.

I do or am I too late?

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.