Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,465 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170199 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
By now you should know Nigerians can NEVER be on the same page. Everybody to him own kettle even government.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
omopapa:
So I heard there are some unis offering to pay the £2585 for students just to “lure” them to their side

maybe they had calculated revenue and projected that students might defer admission because of the fees or seek alternative elsewhere. They probably decided half bread is better than chinchin since their cost will probably be the same. Who knows how they will collect this money back from the student.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
So, people that have their families and jobs to go to should not enter the UK?
Not paying will not make them remove the ban. Nobody will even notice that people are not.
Infact, Boris has introduced more covid restrictions today, which translates that the ban might not be removed anytime soon.

Osoderi:
OMG!!!!! so pple are really booking for this hotel. Nigeria!!!!! so pple have this kind of money to give to the UK? OMG!!!! i am in pain here and crying. How can the UK ease its ban and remove Nigeria from red list when our pple have started paying this money.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
icon8:

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

Do you know how much I just paid for my entry visa why will are not cry. after paying that huge money I borrowed and trying to make me pay for more money to quartine.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
It's still your decision. Nobody is forcing us to come to the UK. It's because we have made our own country undesirable. We have to live with their rules unfortunately.

You are even talking about entry clearance. Wait until you have to pay for ILR. When I told my British-born colleagues how much you have to invest before you can become a British citizens, they were speechless. One of them even mentioned that the money is enough for house deposit, which is the truth.

Osoderi:

Do you know how much I just paid for my entry visa why will are not cry. after paying that huge money I borrowed and trying to make me pay for more money to quartine.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
dupyshoo:
It's still your decision. Nobody is forcing us to come to the UK. It's because we have made our own country undesirable. We have to live with their rules unfortunately.

You are even talking about entry clearance. Wait until you have to pay for ILR. When I told my British-born colleagues how much you have to invest before you can become a British citizens, they were speechless. One of them even mentioned that the money is enough for house deposit, which is the truth.

A lot of British people have no idea how much people pay before they get ILR/Citizenship. They grumpble about the NHS and benefits not knowing that a large percentage of immigrants do not take out more than they contribute to the system.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't mind them!! One was complaining about less than £100 visa fee. I immediately directed him to UK visa fee page to see how much UK charge for visa. He was very surprised

I asked some at work to try to answer the life in the UK test, all of them failed the test. This is what they subject immigrants to.

I always try as much as possible to educate the ones around me so that they will stop seeing immigrants as scroungers.

dustydee:

A lot of British people have no idea how much people pay before they get ILR/Citizenship. They grumpble about the NHS and benefits not knowing that a large percentage of immigrants do not take out more than they contribute to the system.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kingvilleshines: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
@ justwise I saw a post that you can go to the UK through Dublin if I may ask can one on a dependent visa use the same route?
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RennyKitty: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
Are u trying to say covid test should be done 24 hours bfr departure now or what? Tori olohun break down this English. E no use all body understand me(ko fi gbogbo ara ye mi)
justwise:

Not only the airlines even the lab conducting the PCR test asked me yesterday if I have booked the quarantine hotel and when I told her no she shouted: YOU HAVE TO OOO!!! They even changed to rule from 48hrs test before departure to 24hrs , apparently that was the instructions they received.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sisipainter:
Hello there,

I’ve tried to make this payment with a dollar card
It keeps rejecting. Can you please advise?

$ card registered in what country?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
kingvilleshines:
@ justwise I saw a post that you can go to the UK through Dublin if I may ask can one on a dependent visa use the same route?
Thanks
That’s for people with British passport. If u no get just no give yourself headache

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 6:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

How about those who can not afford it? How about those who has a place to quarantine but was forced to pay £2585 in 10days and at the end test negative?

People who have tested negative 48/24hrs before arriving or 2days after arriving should not be forced to pay that stupid money.

You decided to come to the UK after the rule was introduced then it’s your problem, pay whatever you are asked to pay because you knew the consequences of your trip but for those who got caught out while away should be allowed to quarantine in their homes.

I planned to go through out countries not in red list but I have changed my mind. We will sort ourselves out at Heathrow airport when I get there because that money is not coming out of my bank account.

It would be taking from your tax code, eventually !!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
dupyshoo:

You are even talking about entry clearance. Wait until you have to pay for ILR. [b]When I told my British-born colleagues how much you have to invest before you can become a British citizens, they were speechless. One of them even mentioned that the money is enough for house deposit, which is the truth.[/b]

Same with mine oo, they were all surprised and one said imagine paying that much for this cold country grin grin. One needs to let them know that migrants are not their problem when it comes to accessing benefits.

No recourse to public funds and we pay through our nose to get ILR, then no send us work sha.

Now imagine a Family of 5 on the 10yr route,
Student Msc
PSW
Student (Msc) partner
PSw
Student (phd)
ILR
British citizenship

UK I hail thee

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
fatima04:

No be you cause am oga Omicron and you now add 999 join am.

Not surprised at the food, are we expecting jollof rice and pounded yam grin grin

I have come to stay. And would be mutating continuously, till WHO runs out of funny names. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temitopepremium(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
justwise:

This is really sad, many are going through the same problem with you but sadly you can not do more what you have already done.
Have you emailed them and asked to cancel your application?

How do we cancel the application when decision has already been made please?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sisipainter: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nigeria
Omicron999:

$ card registered in what country?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mamatwiny(f): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
giselle237:

The airlines in Nigeria wont even let you board the flight from Nigeria if you dnt show CTM payment invoice and the booking completion with your hotel name .. this is what is happening… you cnt even get to Heathrow…

I am hearing different stories. My hubby is supposed to fly in on 12th as a dependent and we have paid for the quarantine hotel and invoice issued. Please confirm this rumor about flying and not flying dependants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Osoderi:

Oya kpele embarassed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
mamatwiny:

I am hearing different stories. My hubby is supposed to fly in on 12th as a dependent and we have paid for the quarantine hotel and invoice issued. Please confirm this rumor about flying and not flying dependants

I am interested in this answer too.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
mamatwiny:

what is the question? As far as he is coming as a dependent of someone with residency rights, it also means he has residency rights.if he was issued a visa to be your dependent and you hv residency rights, same applies to him.. he will be allowed in as long as quarantine hotel has been paid for by him, with invoice number and he completes his passenger locator form and fills in the invoice number onto the form. This CTM receipt will be checked more than 5 times, there is no escaping it. From nigerian airport, if u havnt paid it.. you cnt even board

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
please adhere to quarantine rules if you dont want what happened to these people in canada to happen to you

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sisipainter:
Nigeria

Remember, emefiele in his infinite wisdom placed a restriction on foreign card payments

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by homole(m): 10:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Please can you explain how you made the payment?
giselle237:
what is the question? As far as he is coming as a dependent of someone with residency rights, it also means he has residency rights.if he was issued a visa to be your dependent and you hv residency rights, same applies to him.. he will be allowed in as long as quarantine hotel has been paid for by him, with invoice number and he completes his passenger locator form and fills in the invoice number onto the form. This CTM receipt will be checked more than 5 times, there is no escaping it. From nigerian airport, if u havnt paid it.. you cnt even board
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
deept:
please adhere to quarantine rules if you dont want what happened to these people in canada to happen to you

Are we going to blame this on village people now or which kain Wahala be this? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
homole:
Please can you explain how you made the payment?
send them an email. They will reply you.
You need to fund a card that the payment will be taken from. Once they reply you will get directions to complete the form including providing your bank card details. They will deduct the payment themselves and issue you with a receipt/invoice number to use to complete your passenger locator form. Reply is almost immediately. Send an email

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 11:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sisipainter:
What’s a digital dollar card Oga mi?

Have you heard or Barter? Fluttterwave. Do your research please

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
dupyshoo:
Don't mind them!! One was complaining about less than £100 visa fee. I immediately directed him to UK visa fee page to see how much UK charge for visa. He was very surprised

I asked some at work to try to answer the life in the UK test, all of them failed the test. This is what they subject immigrants to.

I always try as much as possible to educate the ones around me so that they will stop seeing immigrants as scroungers.

Till date, the one that pains me the most is Theresa May scrapping the ILR fees of about £70 for EU citizens after Brexit to "reduce the financial" stress/burden on them. angry
What about others that pay thousands, is that not burdensome?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
deept:

Village people smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 11:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
giselle237:
send them an email. They will reply you.
You need to fund a card that the payment will be taken from. Once they reply you will get directions to complete the form including providing your bank card details. They will deduct the payment themselves and issue you with a receipt/invoice number to use to complete your passenger locator form. Reply is almost immediately. Send an email

UK government making money from Nigerians.

When are we going to develop Nigeria and stop living here sad
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Omicron999: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
ukay2:

UK government making money from Nigerians.

When are we going to develop Nigeria and stop living here sad

Create an holistic enabling environment and charge mega premium for the privilege

Failure of past, present and future government's
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 11:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
wonlasewonimi:

Get on a plane to Dublin, chill for few days and get on a bus to UK.
ahahaha grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.