Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169857 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2022
I'm supposed to Pay my rent on the 30th. Seeing that February does not have 30th, when will be the ideal date to make the payment?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2022
Nice smooth and easy transaction
kaybee3:

Please check your PM sir, I need pounds

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2022
Viruses:
I'm supposed to Pay my rent on the 30th. Seeing that February does not have 30th, when will be the ideal date to make the payment?

March 2.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
I am a student at the University of Derby studying LLM, I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment with Derby, however, all the vacancies I have seen, need a UK guarantor. Please anyone here can be of help?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
bemagnify:
I am a student at the University of Derby studying LLM, I want to rent a one-bedroom apartment with Derby, however, all the vacancies I have seen, need a UK guarantor. Please anyone here can be of help?

guarantor online is a very difficult thing in the UK. Na who sabi u reach ground go fit stand for you. Can't find it online Bro
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mex551(m): 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2022
I asked a question sometime ago on this platform on how to transfer fund from binance or coinbase to my UK bank account. Just wanted to give an update on what I did.

I opened a coinbase account and PayPal here in the UK. I also linked my monzo to both. I subsequently transferred my usdt from binance to coinbase and then transferred it PayPal. I finally withdraw the cash to my monzo via PayPal. The withdrawal from paypal to my monzo account was free but I paid about €5 to transfer from coinbase to paypal

Hope this helps someone

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If you don't have a license, look for someone with a valid license, get them to hire a van, give him/her small brown envelope for their time ......... Job done .... cheesy

Thank you. I’ll use this next time.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pijames: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
MISSYTOSIN:
If you have naira pls message me with rates. Thanks .
do you still need the naira?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
bemagnify:

As someone has said it’s difficult to get online. Unfortunately I’ve seen that someone is now doing it as a business. Saw their ad on Instagram. Company name is guarantid

Although it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, it might be the quickest way to get if you don’t know anyone.

P.S- Do your research thoroughly if you decide to use them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
Viruses:

1st of March
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
mex551:
call this number 07960397322. He has a three seater vehicle like Sienna. Tell him you are from Emeka in Coventry

Thank you so much. He did well… was on time, good price, good speed and he asked of you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 6:47pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mamatukwas:

As someone has said it’s difficult to get online. Unfortunately I’ve seen that someone is now doing it as a business. Saw their ad on Instagram. Company name is guarantid

Although it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, it might be the quickest way to get if you don’t know anyone.

P.S- Do your research thoroughly if you decide to use them.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 6:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please I need help with 2 things in South Shields, Newcastle.

1. What broadband should I use? I’m considering sky because of tv channels.

2. What energy provider should I use? The cold here no be joke and it’s looking like £5 daily.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Obafeal: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
Ticha:

Somewhat true. One default which gets paid immediately will not affect your rating or be registered. It is when it gets turned over to debt collection agencies, so it gets registered against your credit file and often your address too if it's an owned property. So the defaults have to be sustained enough for the utility provider to sell it on to a debt collection agency
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 7:39pm On Feb 25, 2022
Viruses:

The last day in February (whether its 28th or 29th February)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ralphlauren(m): 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2022
JustAPasserBy:
Guys with experience please help.

I parked my car in the work place parking lot (forgot to pull the handbrake). And went into the office.
During storm Franklyn, car rolled back and ‘rested’ on a Mercedes Benz E. This broke the Mercedes Benz Logo on the front grill.
I met with Mercedes owner and asked if repairs could be arranged outside of insurance.
Today, I received a quote of £1,052 Which is really plenty (considering the small damage as I perceive it).

Now I am thinking of involving my insurance company. Is this a good idea please?
Will my premium increase massively next year? Will this count as me involved in an accident? I am in year 3 of No Claims. Please is the No claims bonus (after 5 years) usually big? Is it worth it?

Please people Mek Ina No jump and pass. Help a sister.

He might have to replace the entire grill as it might be impossible to replace just the logo. Mercedes parts and servicing are also expensive and as someone pointed out, it might be linked to sensors, etc.

Personally, I will involve my insurance company just incase the individual comes back to claim further damages.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2022
Temi231:

Adaptive, hard and failed. Passed CISM once though. Getting ready to crush it again.
Pls I want to do the CISM. Is it something u can pass by self study within 3 months?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2022
ndidibabe:
Pls I want to do the CISM. Is it something u can pass by self study within 3 months?

If you think you can, yes you can. I studied from December 2020 then wrote the exam March 2021. Although, I have read the whole book in February/March 2020 before the lockdown but o couldn’t go ahead because I was distracted of lockdown in Nigeria then.

You can do it. You just have to dedicate some hrs daily as there questions can be tricky.

Let me know if you need any materials!

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please ohh, I have come my brothers and sisters grin. Where can I get a good deal for curtains and Rugs. I need to rug my apartment so as to spend less on heating. Abeg I need experienced people advice Biko. This country, I no wan do pass myself. Eshey gan ni. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nice2men(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2022
How can a student already in UK bring his over 18 years old Austistic daughter into the UK as a dependant?
Pls help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2022
Mamatukwas:

Meanwhile, something happened yesterday I say I must gist Una.

My husbands colleague was hit from behind at a roundabout. The person poked his head out the window and asked him to please pack well so they could resolve it as they were obstructing traffic.

My guy enters his car and tried to pack well. The person who jammed him IMMEDIATELY zoomed off aka hit and run shocked

He called police but unfortunately no one got the plates and no camera but they said they will try.

P.S- Both parties are Caucasians.

Ya’ll be wise out there. The streets are rough!
It happened to me last month but luckily it just dislodged my bumper a bit and all I had to do was punch it into place.
A lady rear ended me at a zebra crossing. It was dark and she did not get out of her car. I stepped out, looked at the cars but could not see anything as her car was still in my rear. She blurted out "sorry" from inside the car and I entered my car to make way for passing cars, towards a shop that was by the side, this woman just sped off and I couldn't read her number plate because it was very muddy. I wanted to follow her but then I had made the turn already and other cars were already passing by.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ndidibabe(f): 9:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
Temi231:

If you think you can, yes you can. I studied from December 2020 then wrote the exam March 2021. Although, I have read the whole book in February/March 2020 before the lockdown but o couldn’t go ahead because I was distracted of lockdown in Nigeria then.

You can do it. You just have to dedicate some hrs daily as there questions can be tricky.

Let me know if you need any materials!

All the best
Please help me with the materials
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 9:27pm On Feb 25, 2022
dustydee:

It happened to me last month but luckily it just dislodged my bumper a bit and all I had to do was punch it into place.
A lady rear ended me at a zebra crossing. It was dark and she did not get out of her car. I stepped out, looked at the cars but could not see anything as her car was still in my rear. She blurted out "sorry" from inside the car and I entered my car to make way for passing cars, towards a shop that was by the side, this woman just sped off and I couldn't read her number plate because it was very muddy. I wanted to follow her but then I had made the turn already and other cars were already passing by.
Nai be say na to dey give them Nigerian style na, stay center of road argue until police come.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2022
dustydee:

Smh. Wicked & Irresponsible behavior.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2022
Viruses:

Nai be say na to dey give them Nigerian style na, stay center of road argue until police come.

I think a better way might be to come down with your phone video on and recording.

Record EVERYTHING. If they still choose to run then simply submit the evidence to the police.

Chikena.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
umarwy:
Who was the person that was complaining about lack of customer service by TLS.

I just thought of you
Next paragraph smiley

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Temi231(f): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2022
ndidibabe:
Please help me with the materials

Please pm me. Then will share a drive with you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
tshoboy:

Next paragraph smiley

I didn't even notice the 5£ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 12:19am On Feb 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The intention is to be in, for the long term ......... Major shares already lost over 60% value........

Which stocks are the major Russian stocks....I want to check something

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bujebudanu1(m): 12:48am On Feb 26, 2022
Pijames:
do you still need the naira?

Hi, I need naira but small amount
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:21am On Feb 26, 2022
ukay2:

Which stocks are the major Russian stocks....I want to check something

$OZON
$OGZD
$YNDX

On my radar........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by congressman101: 1:35am On Feb 26, 2022
Abeg how much be the firestick had someone got a fire stick of £100 no monthly payment just annual and showing all Dstv channels pls help
Akorkor:

Amazon fire stick has everything. The funniest thing is I used this in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.