Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176634 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by xolocious(m): 9:41am On Oct 13, 2021
AirBay:
ZERO possibility
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 10:16am On Oct 13, 2021
Lexusgs430:

You forgot to add the koko........ No school fees payment required....... Nah the money mata dey do her strong tin......

Dexdex........ tongue

I write am na ; I know that money is always a consideration.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:

Thanks for this though... well will see if I can switch to the civil engineering or construction .. .. ive been researching and researching about these job sponsorship possibilities though..... but Mr code breaker are you currently in the UK... can you recommend IT courses.. will do research on them and see which is easier for me to switch to if I cant do the civil or construction

Masters portal then you can redirect to the school link. Ask your school mates that have gone to the uk.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2021
mrcodebreaker:
This is why studying engineering in the uk sucks.
Renewable has not created as much jobs and the UK is not an ideal destination for manufacturing companies due to brexit. The UK is better ideally for IT (good chance of sponsorship with experience after school I ‘think’) and Finance (sponsorship with prayer and fasting). Fields like civil engineering and construction are good because I believe their is an infrastructure boom. For Electrical, mechanical etc I am no too sure. Ask your friends that came here if they got jobs, check linkedin and see that if someone did this course did he get a job afterwards etc. by the time you have seen people’s linkedin profiles you can judge and see if they are doing well or not after a certain course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10085865/How-China-mockery-Boris-Johnsons-great-green-jobs-boast.html

i knew someone who got a sponsorship in the renewable sector last year..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 11:59am On Oct 13, 2021
steadyMoving22:

i knew someone who got a sponsorship in the renewable sector last year..
With previous work experience Or what.. please im dying to know... if you know the level of research ive been doing since January till now ..... ive checked NHS website, gradcraker, totaljobs...different sort of sites... what I dont have is first hand information from nigerians like myself.. I want to hear from people with testimonies... but where I keep hearing about testimonies is tech/IT
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:

With previous experience

Literally don't know how he did it ,but i know he got his feet running immediately he got to Scotland for his msc around 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 1:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:

With previous work experience Or what.. please im dying to know... if you know the level of research ive been doing since January till now ..... ive checked NHS website, gradcraker, totaljobs...different sort of sites... what I dont have is first hand information from nigerians like myself.. I want to hear from people with testimonies... but where I keep hearing about testimonies is tech/IT

Oga.
No give yourself high BP such that you will end up using your IHS by force and tying up scarce NHS resources this winter.
There is no magic bullet for getting a sponsored job, you sound like you've read/explored everything there is on this topic, so apart from applying as much and as widely as you can, there isn't really much else to do.

If you believe in God (or a god), offer up prayers (or sacrifices). Stop stressing over this issue. Work hard, study hard, do your best to get a good result, and have fun too. Look around, try befriending one of the (non-fat if you like) girls around you. (They may have expectations of your prowess based on your being black, again, stay safe and protect the NHS).

We know the UK is a Plan B for many people this year - also have a Plan B to this Plan B as well, involving exploring other locations.

Do your best, and leave the rest.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
justwise:

Are you serious? I mean you traveled money to him just like? Do you have his bank details?

If you had done a simple search you would have seen where people called him out for scamming them.

Na wa, in my haste to meet up deadlines I transacted o..

He met the wrong person....Not to worry, he'll definitely pay back my HARD EARNED CASH..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 1:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Oga.
No give yourself high BP such that you will end up using your IHS by force and tying up scarce NHS resources this winter.
There is no magic bullet for getting a sponsored job, you sound like you've read/explored everything there is on this topic, so apart from applying as much and as widely as you can, there isn't really much else to do.

If you believe in God (or a god), offer up prayers (or sacrifices). Stop stressing over this issue. Work hard, study hard, do your best to get a good result, and have fun too. Look around, try befriending one of the(non-fat if you like) girls around you. (They may have expectations of your prowess based on your being black again, stay safe and protect the NHS).

We know the UK is a Plan B for many people this year - also have a Plan B to this Plan B as well, involving exploring other locations too.

��� Make I play DORIME for you... honestly ehn when I feel down about this travel matter ehn... you guys rekindle the glowing splint in me... the bolded got me laffing out so loud... making I start to take more classes with baba ALAGBO down the street grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

He met the wrong person....Not to worry, he'll definitely pay back my HARD EARNED CASH..
the way I recognize scam:
1. Deadlines
2. Limited resources about to runout
3. Phrases like "ASK ME HOW"

Report the bank details or name used to register the account if its an online account... Reporting the said link used to collect money to fraud control platforms
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

Scums like him only operate online hiding behind the keyboard , so you need to hurt him badly online and offline as well, so what details do you have ? His name and bank details?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by EngrSaks(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2021
For those finding it hard to sleep at night...playing YouTube videos like these will help you sleep faster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5E1UGKd9TA

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

If you believe in God (or a god), offer up prayers (or sacrifices). Stop stressing over this issue. Work hard, study hard, do your best to get a good result, and have fun too. Look around, try befriending one of the (non-fat if you like) girls around you. They may have expectations of your prowess based on your being black, again, stay safe and protect the NHS).

LMAO!!! What is this?? Who are you and where are you from?? Funniest thing I’ve seen today.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Aww mehn! The guys post reeked of scam. I’m sorry to hear you are a victim. Please always search a users history on this thread before doing anything.

Pele.

I did after transferring mmhh.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:
the way I recognize scam:
1. Deadlines
2. Limited resources about to runout
3. Phrases like "ASK ME HOW"

Report the bank details or name used to register the account if its an online account... Reporting the said link used to collect money to fraud control platforms

Definitely I have, did that earlier today.

He'll pay back and clear his name.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Not everyone that post financial transactions on this thread or nairaland, you transact with....... Opportunists, breath the same air as normal people do......

Scammers are everywhere.........

Abi o, I'll be more careful...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
gratefulme40:
Hi everyone.
I am trying to fill ILR application form, part of the documents requested is a letter from your employer to cover periods of absence from UK even if your absence was your annual leave. I am no more with the employer I was with at the time i travelled out of the country and as such, can’t get this letter from the employer. What else can I use?

I have ticked the OTHERS option with the intention of writing a letter to explain my absence, is that enough?

Please Justwise, Lagosismyhome, lexusgs430 any ideas on the above? Or is there already a thread dedicated to ILR application through tier2 route?

My ILR days is over 10 years ago so I really don't know.... this your absence was it short or long time. If it short time and you were on holiday, I would say a letter from you should be OK but I have to check google
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

My ILR days is over 10 years ago so I really don't know.... this your absence was it short or long time. If it short time and you were on holiday, I would say a letter from you should be OK but I have to check google

Now singing ‘oh ancient of days’ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 6:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
LagosismyHome:

IYA AGBA... we door baale for you oo...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
dustydee:

Sorry to hear about your situation. I actually went through your profile last week to see if you had logged in recently.
On the global talent visa, did you appeal? Someone told me if you appeal, you have a high chance of success. You don't need to submit additional documents but emphasise what you submitted. I wish you the best.

Thanks my love. I appealed it because they missed some of my evidence. They complained about the people that gave me recommendations, but I told them they were high people, etc. hopefully it will be favourable but I’m already planning a re-application.

If your friend went for TechNation, it will be good to hook up with them to help others. Because it’s a good route for tech people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
Mimzyy:
Sending you loads of e-hugs. Keep being the super strong woman that you are kiss

kiss
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
steadyMoving22:

Exactly, shared the guy's YouTube channel on here already.

Eshe pupo. Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Santa2:

@Aphrodite007 Sorry to hear about your divorce..I trust you will be fine. Glad someone is finally going this global talent route on here, Do you know you can apply for a review and issued the endorsement without any added documentation? All you need is to highlight why you think you should issued the technation endorsement. I think you should try this before you go the route of reapplying. Two indians I know did this and were issued their endorsement and after rejection. The funny thing is that they said they got the info from a nigerian guy on youtube.( paray, I believe is his name)

Yeah I’m quite glad I’m doing it so someone can teach others. I asked a few people to set up a thread to help other Nigerians but they shy-ed away (lol they didn’t even help me but no qualms— that’s why I celebrated the veterans because not many people are willing to help others).

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll look him up and see what I can do. I highlighted why to them but I think I messed up by going for Talent rather than Promise. Most people got Promise cos it’s easier- Talent is harder. Anyway, no shaking.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Aphrodite007(f): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
Vidor:
I’m going for Advance engineering and strategic management considering my first degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering. Even tho all my work experience has been IT. Data analysis, Product design and python development.

What’s prospect of getting IT sponsored job with my experience and proficiency after graduation without going for IT related MSc as I would like to stick to Engineering studies for some reasons.

Please I need help to make urgent decision.

You’ll get an IT job if you meet the IT criteria. They don’t care about degrees here. Just make sure you have the required experience for a DA/DS or DEngr role. Welldone

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chummy25: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
RennyKitty:
Hi everyone, please help a sister out. I’m trying to apply for my child to move to the UK with me on a Tier 2 sponsorship visa. Health and care visa precisely. As a single Mum what are the documents to get ready and how do I show financial proof for a 5year old child. Will appreciate your kind responses thanks everyone

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children. Check this and I think you need a document stating that you have sole responsibility of the child.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.