Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176412 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Oggg: 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

Y am I just seeing this now?
How do I get my money back
My God!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ajibolaoi: 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good evening sir/ma,
Trust we are all doing good in our various locations.

Please someone should kindly share me site where i can apply for jobs in UK.....

Thank you, i will be grateful.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ajibolaoi:
Good evening sir/ma,
Trust we are all doing good in our various locations.

Please someone should kindly share me site where i can apply for jobs in UK.....

Thank you, i will be grateful.
Indeed
Total jobs
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
E be like say something dey brew for kitchen o. Who is on banning duties tonight abeg?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
jtech17:

Thanks... What about Artificial intelligence....

Saturated market. Rigorous interview process. Its survival of the fittest. Companies want to only hire data scientist with experience these days as they don’t have patience. Unless you want to use graduate route which is still competitive.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

Y am I just seeing this now?

How do I get my money back

Are you serious? I mean you traveled money to him just like? Do you have his bank details?

If you had done a simple search you would have seen where people called him out for scamming them.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dexdex: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hello everyone,

I will be heading to Wolverhampton with 2kids, 9 and 6 years old, please can anyone put me through on how I can enrol them to school by January? Do i have to pay fees for both of them?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

Hello Fogoco, I have credited you like agreed and your number is switched off??

You're not responding??

Can you keep to your part of the bargain??

Aww mehn! The guys post reeked of scam. I’m sorry to hear you are a victim. Please always search a users history on this thread before doing anything.

Pele.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
dexdex:
Hello everyone,

I will be heading to Wolverhampton with 2kids, 9 and 6 years old, please can anyone put me through on how I can enrol them to school by January? Do i have to pay fees for both of them?

Thanks in advance.

Every Council is different re:enrollment process. What you can do now is check your local councils website for school enrollment procedures and follow. You might learn that some things can be done virtually before you arrive. Otherwise when you arrive, it will still be your local council that will help with ‘placing’ your kids in a school and no you do not have to pay.

What I’ll say is this sha, research the schools that exist where you’re going and try to get a house in the catchment of the best schools.

That way, even if they are ‘placed’ in a different school cause there are no slots when you arrive, you can later apply to the catchment school for the new school year. Hope it makes sense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
Emeraldvoque:
Please, how best can I send a parce to Nigeria if I’m not using DHL etc?

Erm I think you were trying to cc me. Kindly send a PM and I’ll talk you through. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2021
MrsJoycey1:

Hello Fogoco, I have credited you like agreed and your number is switched off??

You're not responding??

Can you keep to your part of the bargain??

Not everyone that post financial transactions on this thread or nairaland, you transact with....... Opportunists, breath the same air as normal people do......

Scammers are everywhere.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamatukwas:

Every Council is different re:enrollment process. What you can do now is check your local councils website for school enrollment procedures and follow. You might learn that some things can be done virtually before you arrive. Otherwise when you arrive, it will still be your local council that will help with ‘placing’ your kids in a school and no you do not have to pay.

What I’ll say is this sha, research the schools that exist where you’re going and try to get a house in the catchment of the best schools.

That way, even if they are ‘placed’ in a different school cause there are no slots when you arrive, you can later apply to the catchment school for the new school year. Hope it makes sense.

You forgot to add the koko........ No school fees payment required....... Nah the money mata dey do her strong tin......

Dexdex........ tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Not everyone that post financial transactions on this thread or nairaland, you transact with....... Opportunists, breath the same air as normal people do......

Scammers are everywhere.........

Word
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
justwise:

Are you serious? I mean you traveled money to him just like? Do you have his bank details?

If you had done a simple search you would have seen where people called him out for scamming them.

He/she had a transaction to do, why did she send money to him/her first.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

He/she had a transaction to do, why did she send money to him/her first.........

I honestly don't understand how someone can be this gullible, just send money to a faceless person online without running a simple check?

Oh well...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2021
justwise:

I honestly don't understand how someone can be this gullible, just send money to a faceless person online without running a simple check?

Oh well...

It's called school fees....... Once you pay it once, you never want to pay it again........ wink

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 11:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone.
I am trying to fill ILR application form, part of the documents requested is a letter from your employer to cover periods of absence from UK even if your absence was your annual leave. I am no more with the employer I was with at the time i travelled out of the country and as such, can’t get this letter from the employer. What else can I use?

I have ticked the OTHERS option with the intention of writing a letter to explain my absence, is that enough?

Please Justwise, Lagosismyhome, lexusgs430 any ideas on the above? Or is there already a thread dedicated to ILR application through tier2 route?

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 12:34am On Oct 13, 2021
Lexusgs430:

It's called school fees....... Once you pay it once, you never want to pay it again........ wink
grin grin grin grin cheesy AYAM LAFFING MY ASS AAT... Life is a school oo.. and we pay school fees in different ways.. Sometimes even being used for sara labour without benefit na school fees..... BY FRIDAY 8:30pm, They will play DORIME FOR THAT GUY as na CASKET eem go carry for club
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 12:43am On Oct 13, 2021
mrcodebreaker:

Saturated market. Rigorous interview process. Its survival of the fittest. Companies want to only hire data scientist with experience these days as they don’t have patience. Unless you want to use graduate route which is still competitive.
I knew experience will come into play in all these... man na God go help person... maybe I.will just stick to what I studied in my first degree... na God hand I dey
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 2:24am On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:
grin grin grin grin cheesy AYAM LAFFING MY ASS AAT... Life is a school oo.. and we pay school fees in different ways.. Sometimes even being used for sara labour without benefit na school fees..... BY FRIDAY 8:30pm, They will play DORIME FOR THAT GUY as na CASKET eem go carry for club

One for the DJ, one for the hypeman & one for the scammer...... wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emeraldvoque: 2:40am On Oct 13, 2021
Ooh, yeah Mamatukwas grin . Thank you, I will send you a PM.

Mamatukwas:

Erm I think you were trying to cc me. Kindly send a PM and I’ll talk you through. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 2:51am On Oct 13, 2021
Lexusgs430:

One for the DJ, one for the hypeman & one for the scammer...... wink
Scammer now contacting his oloshos..and waiting on his bed., trams, agbo draw draaw, kolaq, jekonmo, and supa-komando chilling inside fridge..... after a hard day's scam na to de-worm sure pass... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:26am On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:

Scammer now contacting his oloshos..and waiting on his bed., trams, agbo draw draaw, kolaq, jekonmo, and supa-komando chilling inside fridge..... after a hard day's scam na to de-worm sure pass... grin

After chopping $250.00, scammer go still pay 5K for 2 nuts...... wink

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2021
jtech17:
I knew experience will come into play in all these... man na God go help person... maybe I.will just stick to what I studied in my first degree... na God hand I dey

No switch to IT. Do the course or something similar. Jobs dey ground if you don’t need sponsorship. You ll do tons of applications and get heartbreak but surely e go click.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:04am On Oct 13, 2021
This guy that was just scammed reminds me of how mumu me was scammed by a supposedly fake customs officer on facebook in 2013 claiming he worked in customs and I should buy auctioned car from him. Chai I was so gullible. He said camry 2010 was 120k. I will call he will say he left badagry with the car and is coming to me, next thing he is close to festac, etc. Omo na so my 120k went just like that. 120k in 2013 was big money, dollar was like 160 I believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:51am On Oct 13, 2021
This is why studying engineering in the uk sucks.
Renewable has not created as much jobs and the UK is not an ideal destination for manufacturing companies due to brexit. The UK is better ideally for IT (good chance of sponsorship with experience after school I ‘think’) and Finance (sponsorship with prayer and fasting). Fields like civil engineering and construction are good because I believe their is an infrastructure boom. For Electrical, mechanical etc I am no too sure. Ask your friends that came here if they got jobs, check linkedin and see that if someone did this course did he get a job afterwards etc. by the time you have seen people’s linkedin profiles you can judge and see if they are doing well or not after a certain course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10085865/How-China-mockery-Boris-Johnsons-great-green-jobs-boast.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 7:58am On Oct 13, 2021
Advice please, I want to join my wife in the uk next week, I want to buy laptop, which is better between buying it here or in the uk?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 8:01am On Oct 13, 2021
Schoolhike:
Advice please, I want to join my wife in the uk next week, I want to buy laptop, which is better between buying it here or in the uk?
Buy it in Nigeria. You can check the technology market section on Nairaland to see some available deals.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 9:13am On Oct 13, 2021
mrcodebreaker:
This is why studying engineering in the uk sucks.
Renewable has not created as much jobs and the UK is not an ideal destination for manufacturing companies due to brexit. The UK is better ideally for IT (good chance of sponsorship with experience after school I ‘think’) and Finance (sponsorship with prayer and fasting). Fields like civil engineering and construction are good because I believe their is an infrastructure boom. For Electrical, mechanical etc I am no too sure. Ask your friends that came here if they got jobs, check linkedin and see that if someone did this course did he get a job afterwards etc. by the time you have seen people’s linkedin profiles you can judge and see if they are doing well or not after a certain course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10085865/How-China-mockery-Boris-Johnsons-great-green-jobs-boast.html

Thanks for this though... well will see if I can switch to the civil engineering or construction .. .. ive been researching and researching about these job sponsorship possibilities though..... but Mr code breaker are you currently in the UK... can you recommend IT courses.. will do research on them and see which is easier for me to switch to if I cant do the civil or construction
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Schoolhike: 9:29am On Oct 13, 2021
Olalekank:

Buy it in Nigeria. You can check the technology market section on Nairaland to see some available deals.

Alright thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bimlat: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2021
Pls is priority service available for dependant. Also pls what are the available dates on the website because I don't quite understand it. Pls ur contribution will be greatly appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.