Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176601 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:
Hello people, what are the chances of a potential UK tier 4 student visa applicant who has a gap year of 7 years (secured last qualification {Waec} in 2015 and looking to apply for visa in 2022).
How best can one convince the officers in the embassy of one's genuine intention to study in the UK given the duration of gap?

@Teeclassicroyal I had over 15 years gap between my first degree and masters, and I got the visa. Just get your admission and make sure your finance meets the requirement. You should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
Healhtyliving:
I use moneybox but I don't know much about it other than the app is user friendly and good customer service.

Lol so what do you use it for though? Someone on a different platform swears by it. Looked it up and not sure if it’s a savings only platform or an alternative to etoro etc. I don’t want to be a fore runner grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:
Went on a hiatus guys- sorry for my absence- was dealing with a divorce (we just grew apart chasing money hehe)

I’m trying to get a global talent visa (tech nation route). The hope is to get it and then create a thread that would teach others how to do it but I got rejected on my first application. The plan now is to try again (while addressing the mistake I made in my last application) or pay a lawyer (waste of money as I still have to explain everything to them anyway lol) angry

Doing the talent visa alone made me realise how invaluable just wise (however annoying he is), Lexus and lagosIMH are for their invaluable contributions to Nairaland (sorry you can’t use this for an endorsement but I appreciate you guys loads for all you’ve done and are still doing on Nairaland.. ok let me add ralphjean before he slaps me lol)

I’m back now sha. wink
Party time- the devil is back grin

@Aphrodite007 Sorry to hear about your divorce..I trust you will be fine. Glad someone is finally going this global talent route on here, Do you know you can apply for a review and issued the endorsement without any added documentation? All you need is to highlight why you think you should issued the technation endorsement. I think you should try this before you go the route of reapplying. Two indians I know did this and were issued their endorsement and after rejection. The funny thing is that they said they got the info from a nigerian guy on youtube.( paray, I believe is his name)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by listaby(f): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
Try open rent. you can message the lanlord directly on that platform. just explain to them that you are lagbaga, you are a doctor, lawyer, etc, you require a one bedroom house, if you are willing to pay 2-3 months rent upfront, state it there. you may get an instant resposne.
Chummy25:

Thanks for the comment. I sent you PM. I have been searching through that too. But looks like the process of getting the house is too long.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by steadyMoving22: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Santa2:

@Aphrodite007 Sorry to hear about your divorce..I trust you will be fine. Glad someone is finally going this global talent route on here, Do you know you can apply for a review and issued the endorsement without any added documentation? All you need is to highlight why you think you should issued the technation endorsement. I think you should try this before you go the route of reapplying. Two indians I know did this and were issued their endorsement and after rejection. The funny thing is that they said they got the info from a nigerian guy on youtube.( paray, I believe is his name)

Exactly, shared the guy's YouTube channel on here already.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sending you loads of e-hugs. Keep being the super strong woman that you are kiss

Aphrodite007:
Went on a hiatus guys- sorry for my absence- was dealing with a …
I’m back now sha. wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:
Went on a hiatus guys- sorry for my absence- was dealing with a divorce (we just grew apart chasing money hehe)

I’m trying to get a global talent visa (tech nation route). The hope is to get it and then create a thread that would teach others how to do it but I got rejected on my first application. The plan now is to try again (while addressing the mistake I made in my last application) or pay a lawyer (waste of money as I still have to explain everything to them anyway lol) angry

Doing the talent visa alone made me realise how invaluable just wise (however annoying he is), Lexus and lagosIMH are for their invaluable contributions to Nairaland (sorry you can’t use this for an endorsement but I appreciate you guys loads for all you’ve done and are still doing on Nairaland.. ok let me add ralphjean before he slaps me lol)

I’m back now sha. wink

It takes courage to share in this world that is so judgmental.... I wish you all the best in the future . Sending you e hugs

I came in through hsmp got my ilr 5 years on d dot, After that I didn't keep up to date on the work visa rule but in my time I could have been called an immigration lawyer .....lol. I read and knew every single line on immigration matters.... now I hardly know what up

I don’t know much about talent visa but all the best. No venture no success so yes to trying again

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
I have a LISA with them and it's been good so far, I can't comment on their other products though. Their customer service is spot on

Mamatukwas:

Lol so what do you use it for though? Someone on a different platform swears by it. Looked it up and not sure if it’s a savings only platform or an alternative to etoro etc. I don’t want to be a fore runner grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chummy25: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
listaby:
Try open rent. you can message the lanlord directly on that platform. just explain to them that you are lagbaga, you are a doctor, lawyer, etc, you require a one bedroom house, if you are willing to pay 2-3 months rent upfront, state it there. you may get an instant resposne.
Thanks. I will give it a try!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Estroller:
I have a LISA with them and it's been good so far, I can't comment on their other products though. Their customer service is spot on

Thank you. Good to know.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aphrodite007:

I’m back now sha. wink
Sorry to hear about your situation. I actually went through your profile last week to see if you had logged in recently.
On the global talent visa, did you appeal? Someone told me if you appeal, you have a high chance of success. You don't need to submit additional documents but emphasise what you submitted. I wish you the best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrjojo: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2021
fabulous2019:
Good pm house
Just got to swansea, wales on Sunday, still on quarantine, please am in an hotel apartment around Neath Road, copper house, actually when I went to drop my day 2 at wellness near kingsway, it was very difficult for me to locate, their town is really different from Nigeria, nobody to explain better for you,
I don't understand how they enter their buses or train, infact I lost my way several times,
I would need advice from experience nigeria around there, how and what area can I rent house that will be easy for my movement, how do I pay for their train and buses, open account, get jobs, I saw amazon jobs which am very much interested, where can I get houses around amazon
Abeg help a brother ohh
are you in the swansea 21 student telegram group?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Macaulay10(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2021
Supply details of the right to work in the UK.

Please what's should be the answer for a student applying for the 2022 Graduate position?

Should I type tier 4 student visa or
post-study work visa bearing in mind I don't have it yet but will be applying after the program next year
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Healhtyliving: 8:27am On Oct 12, 2021
Lol. I have a LISA account with them. Don't know much about other products.
Mamatukwas:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2021
Sorry to hear about the divorce but glad to hear that you are doing well now. It is well with you.

I pray that you will get the visa sorted out soon too.
Aphrodite007:

I’m trying to get a global talent visa (tech nation route).

I’m back now sha. wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 11:12am On Oct 12, 2021
Good day everyone.... gurus in the house... please whats the prospects of getting sponsored job if I have an MSC in BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING ...Ive checked the shortage list couldn't find anything biomedical engineering.. but don't know if it is classed under any type of health professionals..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2021
Lexusgs430:

I am never emotionally attached to shares, I have a set benchmark of 50% financial growth......... wink

Good strategy! Thank you. I will keep that in mind.
Aphrodite007:

Thanks dear. Well there are other channels e.g getting sponsored by my employer by I want they as a last resort because I don’t know how to commit to one employer for more than 1 year. Also my last manger wanted to use my employment visa to bully me. If I can do things on my own, I prefer to.

Fair enough. I wish you all the success in the next application,. It will all work out in the end, just keep a positive mind.
Mamatukwas:
Does anyone here use moneybox? Would you recommend.

I just started using it. I use it for Stock ISA..it is linked to my account so I set up a weekly dd that goes in to the stocks. I also took advantage of save the pennies which is diverted to ISA stocks. Nothing major with it. It's a UK market so quite unlike etoro.
You can get cashbacks or offers if you go through the app to shop in selected shops. (a bit similar to topcashback)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 11:40am On Oct 12, 2021
jtech17:
Good day everyone.... gurus in the house... please whats the prospects of getting sponsored job if I have an MSC in BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING ...Ive checked the shortage list couldn't find anything biomedical engineering.. but don't know if it is classed under any type of health professionals..

Have you considered Biomedical science?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 11:44am On Oct 12, 2021
AirBay:

Have you considered Biomedical science?
well, I felt since my first degree is in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,... would make sense to be on the Engineering line... also would have to check the requirements to study BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE if I'm qualified
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
jtech17:
well, I felt since my first degree is in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,... would make sense to be on the Engineering line... also would have to check the requirements to study BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE if I'm qualified

Ohh, no. I thought you were in sciences
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Myati:

Good strategy! Thank you. I will keep that in mind.

Fair enough. I wish you all the success in the next application,. It will all work out in the end, just keep a positive mind.

I just started using it. I use it for Stock ISA..it is linked to my account so I set up a weekly dd that goes in to the stocks. I also took advantage of save the pennies which is diverted to ISA stocks. Nothing major with it. It's a UK market so quite unlike etoro.
You can get cashbacks or offers if you go through the app to shop in selected shops. (a bit similar to topcashback)

Okay seen. There was a whole thread on it @ tiktok pole talking about how their money was growing on it. You know how people like to hype things. Gracias.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 2:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
jtech17:

Go learn python, spark, devops etc. plenty guys from engineering are in IT. So go for an IT course.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NairaTroll: 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Fogoco:
I have $250 paypal withdraw from my fiverr account. 480 per dollar
Message on WhatsApp 0 8096324 88 9

Stephaniz, olymp, ample and your numerous monikers, na here you com hide??

Scammer oshi

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pogracious: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
justwise:
[/b]

No its free

It's like airport shuttle.Usually trains are used to move from one terminal to the other in some middle East countries.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Macaulay10(m): 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Supply details of the right to work in the UK.

Please what's should be the answer for a student applying for the 2022 Graduate position?

Should I type tier 4 student visa or
post-study work visa bearing in mind I don't have it yet but will be applying after the program next year

@lagosismyhome
@justwise
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jtech17: 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
mrcodebreaker:

Go learn python, spark, devops etc. plenty guys from engineering are in IT. So go for an IT course.
Thanks... What about Artificial intelligence....

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Fogoco:
I have $250 paypal withdraw from my fiverr account. 480 per dollar
Message on WhatsApp 0 8096324 88 9

Hello Fogoco, I have credited you like agreed and your number is switched off??

You're not responding??

Can you keep to your part of the bargain??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MrsJoycey1: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
NairaTroll:

Stephaniz, olymp, ample and your numerous monikers, na here you com hide??

Scammer oshi

Y am I just seeing this now?

How do I get my money back
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emeraldvoque: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamatukwas:
Does anyone here use moneybox? Would you recommend.

cc Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emeraldvoque: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
Please, how best can I send a parce to Nigeria if I’m not using DHL etc?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by RennyKitty: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone, please help a sister out. I’m trying to apply for my child to move to the UK with me on a Tier 2 sponsorship visa. Health and care visa precisely. As a single Mum what are the documents to get ready and how do I show financial proof for a 5year old child. Will appreciate your kind responses thanks everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.