Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1168679 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2022
In the days of Osumog, Bonny camp, yellow house, mansion...
UnderG, was when there are no more Taxi coming over for the day (cos they stopped at General or managed to get to Isalẹ General), or when you don't have the fare (I think it was like ₦2 and climbed up steadily.
Those are 'histories'. Now, it's UK b4 oga justwise send us packing now that #Priti is in full swing.
assume you're a Toyota lover bá?
Bá haka ba. Not exactly. Though have enjoyed some of their range.
I think I'm not really fuzzy about #brand. However, I guess I tend to tilt towards Ford.

Anyway, get me my Ògbómọ̀ṣọ́ mango. #crave

HondaLover:

See them Lautech Ancestors ó, àwọn àgbàlagbà.
The set that walked through the think bush now called underG.
I hail sir.
I assume you're a Toyota lover bá? : grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 8:42am On Jul 01, 2022
'Auntie' mi Priti has reportedly sign a deal with 9ja. Hope, it doesn't become another Rwanda saga before we start to hear init
https://twitter.com/pritipatel/status/1542614419284414467

But then seriously, 'country people' must learn to comport themselves as ought to.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Good morning bosses. Please has anyone recently made visa application for their dependants? Please what's the processing time for dependants visa application now?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

None ........... No cheap energy deals........ Have you been hibernating under a rock . ....... wink

Lolz I don’t have any … all my bills were paid by my former landlord… I just rented a new apartment were I am responsible for all the bills
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2022
AltCtrlDel:
Good morning bosses. Please has anyone recently made visa application for their dependants? Please what's the processing time for dependants visa application now?

3 weeks now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2022
[b][/b]
For folks in Glasgow and surrounding areas

Good morning everyone I am looking for 16 kiosk staff to work at Hampden park on Saturday 2nd July

Card handling transactions
Serving customers working in fast pace environment

£9.55ph

3pm - 10:30pm

Or

Cleaning shift at Hampden park

4pm - 11:30pm
£11.20ph

Dress code is black top, black trousers no jeans black shoes no white must be on shoes

If interested please message me and I will book you in

Thanks
Shannon
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 9:54am On Jul 01, 2022
bemagnify:

3 weeks now

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stevepop: 10:38am On Jul 01, 2022
IamE:
hello .
-i flew with turkish airline in April.
-no transit visa required
-had stop over of about 6hrs plus
-didnt see my load till i arrived MAN airport. - no need to check in

-no need for covid too

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by emmax210: 10:42am On Jul 01, 2022
Hi guys, does anyone know how to recover a lost IHS Num? Can’t find it in my mail anymore.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 10:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Hi everyone. Please kindly suggest some european countries I can visit with my UK spouse visa apart and Nigerian Passport. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 11:15am On Jul 01, 2022
Mine took about 3 weeks after my visa interview/capture
was sent via DHL to my address outside ABUJA
AltCtrlDel:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2022
Please, why and how does the UK/HRMC tax savings?

For instance, would the funds I brought from Nigeria and deposited in the bank be taxed?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2022
lightnlife:
Please, why and how does the UK/HRMC tax savings?

For instance, would the funds I brought from Nigeria and deposited in the bank be taxed?

You are tax on income earn not funds you brought in . Only residence are tax and when you start work if your visa permits you to work

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
bemagnify:

Lolz I don’t have any … all my bills were paid by my former landlord… I just rented a new apartment were I am responsible for all the bills

Be magnified now .... .. Heavy bills on you ....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bemagnify: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Be magnified now .... .. Heavy bills on you ....... cheesy

Lol.. we surely survive
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 3:00pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good morning I need someone to go to Cumbernauld job centre tomorrow

9AM - 5PM £9.50 ph

Can anyone pick this job up for please

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 3:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
STENON:
Hi everyone. Please kindly suggest some european countries I can visit with my UK spouse visa apart and Nigerian Passport. Thanks

Get a Schengen visa and explore all Schengen countries with your BRP n naija passport
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AltCtrlDel: 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
IamE:
Mine took about 3 weeks after my visa interview/capture
was sent via DHL to my address outside ABUJA

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 7:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
semmyk:
In the days of Osumog, Bonny camp, yellow house, mansion...
UnderG, was when there are no more Taxi coming over for the day (cos they stopped at General or managed to get to Isalẹ General), or when you don't have the fare (I think it was like ₦2 and climbed up steadily.
Those are 'histories'. Now, it's UK b4 oga justwise send us packing now that #Priti is in full swing.
assume you're a Toyota lover bá?
Bá haka ba. Not exactly. Though have enjoyed some of their range.
I think I'm not really fuzzy about #brand. However, I guess I tend to tilt towards Ford.

Anyway, get me my Ògbómọ̀ṣọ́ mango #crave

Àgbà!!! Where I fit dey that time if not as a todler grin

The mangoes are something I wish I could help you bring along ó, but I'm far away from Ogbomoso now.
Sorry sir.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please i am aware that it takes 5 years to attain ilr(indefinite leave to remain). What i dont know is, after getting ilr, how long will it be to get the citizenship?

Furthermore, during that 5years before you get the ilr, is it a must you remain in the uk? If you travelled out of the uk for vacation to some other country will that jeopardize your efforts to getting ilr. What i mean is, must you live in the uk for that 5years and never for once leave the uk within that 5years to get the ilr?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
eniola1010:
Please i am aware that it takes 5 years to attain ilr(indefinite leave to remain). What i dont know is, after getting ilr, how long will it be to get the citizenship?

Furthermore, during that 5years before you get the ilr, is it a must you remain in the uk? If you travelled out of the uk for vacation to some other country will that jeopardize your efforts to getting ilr. What i mean is, must you live in the uk for that 5years and never for once leave the uk within that 5years to get the ilr?
Not 5 years for everyone.. What route is the person on? For ILR in the UK, a lot depends on how many years each has been in the UK and what visa do they’ve now and had before
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by eniola1010(m): 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2022
giselle237:

Not 5 years for everyone.. What route is the person on? For ILR in the UK, a lot depends on how many years each has been in the UK and what visa do they’ve now and had before

For someone who has student visa of 1year. Then work visa later on
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
eniola1010:

For someone who has student visa of 1year. Then work visa later on
If you are on student route, you can continue on that.. as long as legal and all going well, you will be on 10 year route to ILR.
and if u switch to work visa.. it is either u spend 5 years on the work visa to ILR or u combine both student status and work status and any other legal status for 10 years to ilr. They are not same.
If you decide to switch to spouse kwa, you restart on 5 year route from the date the visa is granted
No shortcuts.
On any of the routes u are allowed to leave the UK but there are specific cuts of how many days u can spend outside the UK in a calendar year. Again check gov.uk
Someone also mentioned global talent or smthin of 3 yrs, I dnt know about it so much so pls use google

Concentrate on getting your student visa first.. when you get in, all will make more sense then

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Elektra008(f): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2022
jumpshot:

please book Ikeja IOM online and send proof. I will send you 100k

Booked mine online earlier this week for ikeja iom and was successful. U go send me the 100k if I show you proof? grin

I actually selected July 22 but even dates as early as July 14 was even available.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
Good evening famz!!
Please, I would love you guys to put me through how I can get a job in the UK. I am a graduate of biochemistry with a research lab work experience of few months which I doubt will be relevant in searching for a job in the UK. Please, I just need a job so as to be able to gather money to do some courses to upgrade my Nigeria certificate. Thanks in anticipation for your prompt response.

Note, I am on a dependent visa which runs from now till 2025
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
jadepinkett:

Everybody gets taxed. That is why UK residents are notorious for not parting with money.
If you are earning £20k per annum, £12570 (if it has not changed) is tax free, the remaining £7k+ is taxed at 20%. If you are earning £51k, £12,570 is tax free, £12,571 to £50,001 (not too sure on the exact amount) is 20%, 50,001 to 51k is 40%.
Tax rate is different based on income bracket.
Go to HMRC website to check it
Another Ignorant post or rather you cant read, have you ever seen anyone taxed 20% who is not in BR?? have you
One one hand you are saying everyone get taxed on another hand you said those who earn £12570 gets tax free was this not the discussion we have that some people might be tax free the whole year, ie those who do less hours ie global hours and their gross is £12k.
And this 20% tax where are you getting it from? I tried to xplain in my last post I hope she got it that every individual are taxed in different brackets according to their tax code however you fail to explore that route. Have you lived nd worked in the UK b4
on the note we pay more tax, i can confidently tell you people in Nigeria PAY MORE TAX THAN US IN THE UK, if you think otherwise, i challenge you to name two type of taxes we pay in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
orlabot:
Good evening famz!!
Please, I would love you guys to put me through how I can get a job in the UK. I am a graduate of biochemistry with a research lab work experience of few months which I doubt will be relevant in searching for a job in the UK. Please, I just need a job so as to be able to gather money to do some courses to upgrade my Nigeria certificate. Thanks in anticipation for your prompt response.

Note, I am on a dependent visa which runs from now till 2025
Your quickest route is to delve into Health care. or if you are handy get into construction and gather money

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
https://track.immigration.gov.ng/

evalovely:

Please help with this I need my passport urgently
I paid for postage
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bigtt76(f): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
https://track.immigration.gov.ng/

evalovely:
Please how can I contact Nigeria Home office or check passport issuing status ?
I did biometric for renewal since May and I have not received the passport. I have tried calling the number on their homepage and no one ever picked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jumpshot: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2022
Elektra008:

Booked mine online earlier this week for ikeja iom and was successful. U go send me the 100k if I show you proof? grin

I actually selected July 22 but even dates as early as July 14 was even available.

Show proof please.No money sha cheesy

Honestly nobody in my cohort has been able to book online. Over 20 of us
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by paroh137(m): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2022
Please can someone share the email format for securing an appointment with IOM Ikeja? I've sent and sent and sent emails. I am tired.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Josh121(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2022
paroh137:
Please can someone share the email format for securing an appointment with IOM Ikeja? I've sent and sent and sent emails. I am tired.

The more you sent the more it keep pushing it down, this people take over 1000 email in a day , when you send a single email wait for their reply. No need of sending multiple email. If you want urgent attention go to their Center before 9am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.