Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' (55773 Views)

Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / Aisha Yesufu Replies Garba Shehu Who Said Nobody Can Bring Down Buhari's Govt / Herdsmen: Ortom Replies Bala Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Sarmiz24(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
Clown
post=105203779:
STATEMENT CONCERNING SAMUEL ORTOM, THE GOVERNOR OF BENUE STATE

[s][s]Governor Samuel Ortom has few political principles. We can see this from the fact that he has changed political party five times during his undistinguished career.

Every time he feels the wind may be blowing in a certain direction, he follows it.

Unfortunately, for the good citizens of Benue State, the most dangerous direction he blows in today is that of sectarianism and ethnicity.

In an attempt to boost his sinking political fortunes, Ortom takes the cheapest and lowest route possible by playing on ethnic themes – and in doing so knowingly causes deaths of innocent Nigerians by inciting farmers against herders, and Christians against Muslims.

Specifically, Ortom stirs up hatred by targeting one single ethnic group in Nigeria – using language reminiscent of the Rwandan genocide.

As was the case in Rwanda where the then Hutu leaders of the country incited their countrymen against each other, claiming there was a “secret Tutsi agenda” over the Hutu, Ortom claims there is a “secret Fulanization agenda” over other ethnic groups in his state and in Nigeria. This is a copy of the language of Hutu Power - which falsely, and intentionally, accused the Rwandan Tutsi of plans to dominate the country.

This wicked talk is aimed at giving cover to his so-called “policy” on the Ranches Establishment Law – which in reality is purely an act of denial of the law - intended to withhold rights and freedoms from one ethnic group alone, whilst inciting race hatred against them amongst all others.

These are not the actions of a man who should be trusted with running public services or holding public office.

For the governor of a major state in Nigeria to be politically driven by ethnic hatred is a stain on our country.

The good, and fair-minded people of Benue State deserve more than this, and we look forward to the next elections when they have an opportunity to restore its greatness.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Peace is all we want in our nation.
Not anything that will invoke more deaths and violence against any citizen of Nigeria.
Peace shall reign in our nation.
And the enemies of this country will all die painful las las.
They can NEVER escape the brutal and Total judgment coming their way.
A normal, sane Nigerian that doesn’t support violence and killings have no problem in saying AMEN to the below prayer.
But the hypocritical ones will always run away from the prayers, cos they know themselves.
Y'all will never end well in life as long as you keep supporting evil and bloodshed being sponsored by the evil and wicked politicians Y'all wanted back in power. [/s]
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by belzabull(f): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
[s]Ortom is a tribalistic criminal just like the Fulanis he's wailing about. They both have faults, none is a victim[/s].
As usual, baboons never disappoint

Conscienceless children of evil and mischief

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Lovelive: 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2021
Shut up "diversionist"

blinking001:
Governor Otom is a proven failure, he has no right to point accusing fingers at anyone, he's a true definition of a retarded vagabond.
Benue state is now a shadow of itself thanks to Governor otom, the terrible roads, bad living condition, poor water supply, etc is a testament to the fact Otom is a bad administrator. His likes are suppose to be arrested and hanged.

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Jolite(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Governor Otom is a proven failure, he has no right to point accusing fingers at anyone, he's a true definition of a retarded vagabond.
Benue state is now a shadow of itself thanks to Governor otom, the terrible roads, bad living condition, poor water supply, etc is a testament to the fact Otom is a bad administrator. His likes are suppose to be arrested and hanged.
you should stop smoking dried shit so that you will make sense once in your life. Nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Eriokanmi: 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Yes, because he said the bitter truth. Fool!

8 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Jolite(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
you should stop smoking dried shit so that you will make sense once in your life.

6 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by MrUchenna1(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2021
one of the few Governors with BALLS..........NOT THE BALLOON IN IMO..

7 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by nedekid: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Are you a "presidency" ?
Address the message and not the messanger. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by WhizdomXX(m): 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2021
post=105203779:

Governor Samuel Ortom has few political principles. We can see this from the fact that he has changed political party five times during his undistinguished career.

Every time he feels the wind may be blowing in a certain direction, he follows it.

Unfortunately, for the good citizens of Benue State, the most dangerous direction he blows in today is that of sectarianism and ethnicity.

In an attempt to boost his sinking political fortunes, Ortom takes the cheapest and lowest route possible by playing on ethnic themes – and in doing so knowingly causes deaths of innocent Nigerians by inciting farmers against herders, and Christians against Muslims.

Specifically, Ortom stirs up hatred by targeting one single ethnic group in Nigeria – using language reminiscent of the Rwandan genocide.

As was the case in Rwanda where the then Hutu leaders of the country incited their countrymen against each other, claiming there was a “secret Tutsi agenda” over the Hutu, Ortom claims there is a “secret Fulanization agenda” over other ethnic groups in his state and in Nigeria. This is a copy of the language of Hutu Power - which falsely, and intentionally, accused the Rwandan Tutsi of plans to dominate the country.

This wicked talk is aimed at giving cover to his so-called “policy” on the Ranches Establishment Law – which in reality is purely an act of denial of the law - intended to withhold rights and freedoms from one ethnic group alone, whilst inciting race hatred against them amongst all others.

These are not the actions of a man who should be trusted with running public services or holding public office.

For the governor of a major state in Nigeria to be politically driven by ethnic hatred is a stain on our country.

The good, and fair-minded people of Benue State deserve more than this, and we look forward to the next elections when they have an opportunity to restore its greatness.

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Not anything that will invoke more deaths and violence against any citizen of Nigeria.
A normal, sane Nigerian that doesn’t support violence and killings have no problem in saying AMEN to the below prayer.
But the hypocritical ones will always run away from the prayers, cos they know themselves.
Y'all will never end well in life as long as you keep supporting evil and bloodshed being sponsored by the evil and wicked politicians Y'all wanted back in power.
Watch the interview Boss.
I like Ortom for emphatically stating he's a Christian and a Born again Christian at that �.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by excel101(m): 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
Ortom is a tribalistic criminal just like the Fulanis he's wailing about. They both have faults, none is a victim.
Coward

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Naijanascam: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

You can throw away the messenger but the massage is point blank.......

Your ranting and hatred can't change the truth

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Bekind123: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
Raxxye:

God, please help us punish Garba Shehu!
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by sisisioge: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2021
Wow! The government of this country is so shameless and insensitive! Does Buhari led govt want us all to be killed before he does the right thing? Small small bandits without education is giving a whole country armed forces a run for their money! Everything is now hard just because we were foolish enough to re-vote change....may God punish everybody sabotaging this country! See them ruling the country like their households! Imagine! Arrested journalists for asking questions? Shame! Why not kuku go and arrest the governor for answering the question! It is so sad....and we pray alot in this country o....we really do pray. Everything is now so difficult in this Buhari government! Why!

On a brighter note, this will increase the credibility and worth of the media outfit and journalists involved.

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Lovelive: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
myqel:
No wonder Fela sang 'Beast of No Nation'

If this is happening in a democratic government, I can't imagine what the darling Daddy would have done to people during his military reign...my only joy is that I didn't vote for him the 1st and 2nd time undecided undecided undecided

...because you are a sane being, logical and objective

May God bless your days and increase your vision through His wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Soso990240(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
Keep supporting Buhari and his failed Government. The post was about Buhari Government, not Ortom Government

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Tecord1(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
post=105203779:

Governor Samuel Ortom has few political principles. We can see this from the fact that he has changed political party five times during his undistinguished career.

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Y'all will never end well in life as long as you keep supporting evil and bloodshed being sponsored by the evil and wicked politicians Y'all wanted back in power.
why post the stupid response of garba shehu. A statement in which he could not respond to any of the issues raised by gov. Ortom. I watched the interview Orton granted. At a point he said he has been blocked from seeing the president hence his onair message to the presidency which has kept mute on the killing of his people. He told them that the only way Benue state will fall into the hands of the fulani is if they killed all of them. And they are ready to die in order to protect their ancestral land. So mr. Stop sitting on the fence and call a spade what it is. Until all citizens of our dear country get to the point where they are ready to die in other to achieve this change we all desire for a better Nigeria, it won't come.

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Simba00007(m): 4:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Uselsess man, how many non Tivs hold sensitive positions in Benue State? Pot calling kettle black, Charity begins @ home, can Ortom account with what he has done with the security votes of Benue State for 6 years? Using incompetent FG to hide his own incompetence.
keep supporting this failed regime...las las you go dey alright grin

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

What should we do to the likes of Buhari that is supervising the killing of Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen and bandits?

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by hopexter(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

What's your achievement in life? Is there anybody from your generation that has achieved what Ortom has achieved for himself and for his state? Transfer your frustration to your father who failed his family and rendered you completely useless to the society, someone like you should be slaughtered to appease your family deities undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by uzo4real(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
I listened to Ortom's interview...... Am impressed with him.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Bekind123: 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2021
Cherrybae:
Ortom should go and protect his people and stop using Buhari to deceive his people and the useless IPOB terrorist.

What has ortom achieved as a governor.
Only shouting Buhari this Buhari that.

But at night same Orton prostrates for Buhari.

I pity those hailing Orton who is using Buhari to cover his flaws
what is this one saying. Is what Ortom said about Buhari true? Yes! Please don't attack the messenger.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by FreedomArmy: 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
post=105203779:

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
August 25, 2021

Okay.

Amen Amen and Amen in Jesus name.
job well done.lets sit down and wait for monthly stipends.

5 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by naija1stnigar(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:
another bastard from futa jalon is talking, if your people have been killed in mass would you have kept quiet? When you knew where the problem was coming from, I always say it that Nigeria will not be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who see it and support it, someone like you is a proof to that point.

4 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Krismas(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
fergie001:
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has hit back at the Presidency, tasking them to address the issues he raised.

Ortom in an interview with Channels TV yesterday, accused the Buhari-led administration of providing cover for herdsmen who have been responsible for wanton destruction and killings within the last few years.

However, the Presidency through Garba Shehu hit back in quick fashion, accusing the Governor of stirring a Rwanda-like ethnic campaign against the Fulanis; an allegation Ortom fiercely denies.

Terver Akase
Chief Press Secretary
August 26, 2021.

coolI love dis Samuel Ortom. May those Kaduna Mafias bent on Fulanising the whole nation fail in Jesus name. Ise.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Conrod: 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Uselsess man, how many non Tivs hold sensitive positions in Benue State? Pot calling kettle black, Charity begins @ home, can Ortom account with what he has done with the security votes of Benue State for 6 years? Using incompetent FG to hide his own incompetence.
JUST SHUT UP.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Xkalaban(m): 4:46pm On Aug 26, 2021
The Governor believes in the words of Dr Martin Luther King jnr:

“If peace means accepting second class citizenship, I dont want it. If peace means keeping my mouth shut in the midst of injustice and evil, I dont want it. If peace means being complacently adjusted to a deadning status-quo, I dont want peace. If peace means a willingness to be exploited economically, dominated polically, humiliated and segregated, I dont want peace.”

#Word#

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Princedapace(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
blinking001:

he has right to cry when his people are been killed.. life is more important than all these things

if u want a more viable states in Nigeria, join us as we call on Nigeria to practice true federalism.. This one we are practising is useless and states will continue to be incompetent.

The matter at hand is that Nigerians are slaughtered in numbers each day. Wow

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 4:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
belzabull:
It shall never be well with the children of hate,jealousy and mischief from the sad waste

These bastard and bitter baboons from the republic of oduduwanker who played a huge rile in bringing this monster upon us shall never know peace

The south west is actually peaceful and progressing.

Ashewo like you! grin

2 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by Tecord1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2021
Shokoloko:
I still can't understand what is stopping Governor from protecting his state by himself??

Can someone clarify? Why is he crying up and down the internet?? I agree that he should cry what what about cry and then resolve to help yourself??
what will he use to protect his state. Is it the police and army that is controlled by the federal government? If he buys guns and arms the youths will the army and police not treat them as common criminals just like what is happening to ESN? So make we try dey listen to news so as to get abreast of what is happening around us. It will go along way.

3 Likes

Re: Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' by iconnecta(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2021
this is tooo deep and strong terms

The Governor believes in the words of Dr Martin Luther King jnr:

“If peace means accepting second class citizenship, I dont want it. If peace means keeping my mouth shut in the midst of injustice and evil, I dont want it. If peace means being complacently adjusted to a deadning status-quo, I dont want peace. If peace means a willingness to be exploited economically, dominated polically, humiliated and segregated, I dont want peace.”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Introducing The Youngest Officials In The PDP Government / Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.