Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) (54601 Views)

Couple Wed In The Mud (Pictures) / Mr Eazi Set To Wed As He Proposed To Longtime Girlfriend / Young Hausa Couple Set To Wed As They Release Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
A South African couple had the white wedding of their dreams – complete with a dusting of snow – this weekend.

Shandre (29) and Kurt Pelston (37) tied the knot at the Matroosberg Nature Reserve on Saturday as a cold front brought snow to high-lying areas of the Western Cape province (Cape Town).

The cold front brought snow to several parts of the country. Some areas in the Western Cape recorded several centimetres of snow and icy conditions.

The couple got engaged in March and had decided to "do something different" for their wedding day, said Shandre.

"We got some inspiration from watching TV. We decided we would love to have a snow wedding, and the following weekend, we took a drive up to Ceres and found Matroosberg Nature Reserve. We immediately booked with them," the bride said.

But they had expected clear skies on the day.

"About a month and a half before our wedding, it stopped snowing. We thought oh well, either way, we still will have an amazing wedding. But the Thursday before our wedding, we saw on the news that a cold front was approaching. We got our hopes up high! On Friday, it started snowing, and by Saturday morning, the snow was even thicker," Shandre said.

The couple said their "I dos" while snowflakes fell around them. They celebrated the occasion along with 16 close relatives.

"That is how we got to have our dream snow wedding! It was so blessed and out of this world. The cold didn't even matter," Shandre said.

https://www.news24.com/amp/news24/southafrica/news/pics-cape-town-couple-say-i-do-as-snowflakes-fall-around-them-20210830

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Fahdiga(m): 5:40pm On Aug 30, 2021
Congrats. I pray their marriage doesn't turn cold

236 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 30, 2021
I love this,wao.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Dieuetla: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Beautiful couple
Congratulations

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by illicit(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2021
Wow here's something that has never happened before

Just wow....

undecided

14 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by DaddyRochie1642: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2021
Nairaland "Vanity Upon Vanity Cartel" will soon come here and start Lamenting instead of them to be Admiring Beauty and Comfort.... Anyone that comes here to say "Vanity Upon Vanity" I'll Slap that idiot.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
SA are very lucky people for not having something that resembles Buhari or his ilks in their midst.

TMKsouth, una dey very lucky.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Davash222(m): 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
She's beautiful...my first time of seeing a beautiful Southern African bride.

5 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2021
Shandre and Kurt's winter-wonderland wedding has made national news.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by MhizzAJ(f): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is beautiful.... I love LOVE.. God when!!!!

7 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:56pm On Aug 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
SA are very lucky people for not having something that resembles Buhari or his ilks in their midst.

TMKsouth, una dey very lucky.

Hmmm, I won't comment on this one buddy (Buhari & co.) But things will get better for us all cool

11 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Hmmm, I won't comment on this one buddy (Buhari & co.) But things will get better for us all cool
I pray but, with Buhari still at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, things go dey hard dey go for people wey dey here.

4 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I pray but, with Buhari still at the helm of affairs in Nigeria, things go dey hard dey go for people wey dey here.

Go to the streets if you not happy with him - I see the country is very divided with his rule. It was around Zuma's 7th year (of a possible 10) that South Africans told him to go. It took a whole 2 years for him to leave but there was sustained public pressure.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2021
Awwnnn my dream wedding. cheesy grin..
I love snow?? It just makes everything so pure and immaculate.

Snow White wedding.
Lovely!
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:02pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mercychen:
Awwnnn my dream wedding. cheesy grin..
I love snow?? It just makes everything so pure and immaculate.

Snow White wedding.
Lovely!

U now know where to host your winter wedding or honeymoon for half the price of Europe wink

4 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

U now know where to host your winter wedding or honeymoon for half the price of Europe wink

Lol... That's if oga agrees o. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Lol... That's if oga agrees o. cheesy

Just mention the discounted price and he'll agree grin. Show him these pics, you'll definitely convince him. And plenty Nigerian celebs and elites have honeymooned here - u won't regret it.

8 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by tutudesz: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Go to the streets if you not happy with him - I see the country is very divided with his rule. It was around Zuma's 7th year (of a possible 10) that South Africans told him to go. It took a whole 2 years for him to leave but there was sustained public pressure.
Street grin brotherly Nigeria is too divided alone ethnic line, follow by religion O!

3 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
tutudesz:

Street grin brotherly Nigeria is too divided alone ethnic line, follow by religion O!

I was shocked when I first came on this forum - your tribalism is off the charts shocked! We have a bit of that in SA plus a lot of racism and xenophobia - no religious divisions - but we always come together to solve urgent national issues.

So how do u reckon you'll get out of your problems if you don't unite on major issues?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by tutudesz: 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

I was shocked when I first came on this forum - your tribalism is off the charts shocked! We have a bit of that in SA plus a lot of racism and xenophobia - no religious divisions - but we always come together to solve urgent national issues.

So how do u reckon you'll get out of your problems if you don't unite on major issues?
If you solve the tribalism issues, religion is another issue that can't be solved undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:33pm On Aug 30, 2021
tutudesz:

If you solve the tribalism issues, religion is another issue that can't be solved undecided

Yikes! You guys need multiple national conferences, thats what we did in the 90s in SA coz we also had multiple challenges. Dialogue helps guys, never underestimate it - that's why Mandela and Tutu won the Nobel Peace Prize.

17 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 2:58am On Aug 31, 2021
Kurt and Shandre on eNCA
(eNews Channel Africa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aoU-HTE4wM

2 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by iamyemiakins(m): 6:14am On Aug 31, 2021
I see them giving birth to handsome twin boys, I see Nairaland ladies shouting my ovaries o, I see them tapping into the blessings, I see the twin boys becoming celebrities as kids.

This I have seen grin

13 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2021
angry

Nice pictures...but why on FP?

Seun, you need to introduce flogging to some of your MODs.

I would volunteer to do it free, because it's rumoured that you can be very stingy. undecided

100 years ban loading, LMAO grin

6 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by graphics103: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2021
cheesy
Awnnn. So romantic
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Idamond: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2021
I was expecting to see two bobrisky wedding but thanks to God..
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Chinnenyee(f): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2021
Love can never be stopped
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by deeva2: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2021
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND NATURAL
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by klassykute(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2021
Ok oo
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by KazikageSama: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:
A South African couple had the white wedding of their dreams – complete with a dusting of snow – this weekend.

Shandre (29) and Kurt Pelston (37) tied the knot at the Matroosberg Nature Reserve on Saturday as a cold front brought snow to high-lying areas of the Western Cape province (Cape Town).

The cold front brought snow to several parts of the country. Some areas in the Western Cape recorded several centimetres of snow and icy conditions.

The couple got engaged in March and had decided to "do something different" for their wedding day, said Shandre.

"We got some inspiration from watching TV. We decided we would love to have a snow wedding, and the following weekend, we took a drive up to Ceres and found Matroosberg Nature Reserve. We immediately booked with them," the bride said.

But they had expected clear skies on the day.

"About a month and a half before our wedding, it stopped snowing. We thought oh well, either way, we still will have an amazing wedding. But the Thursday before our wedding, we saw on the news that a cold front was approaching. We got our hopes up high! On Friday, it started snowing, and by Saturday morning, the snow was even thicker," Shandre said.

The couple said their "I dos" while snowflakes fell around them. They celebrated the occasion along with 16 close relatives.

"That is how we got to have our dream snow wedding! It was so blessed and out of this world. The cold didn't even matter," Shandre said.

https://www.news24.com/amp/news24/southafrica/news/pics-cape-town-couple-say-i-do-as-snowflakes-fall-around-them-20210830

This is beautiful.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by MikeMicheal(m): 10:47am On Aug 31, 2021
WHY NOT USE CORNFLAKES?
Yeye poor people
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Spider20: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2021
MhizzAJ:
This is beautiful.... I love LOVE.. God when!!!!
Abeg getaaaat grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Crazy/Stupid Things People Do When They Fall In Love / Couple Marry After 12 Years Of Dating (Photos) / Back To Back Wedding Invitation Card(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.