Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) (54663 Views)

Couple Wed In The Mud (Pictures) / Mr Eazi Set To Wed As He Proposed To Longtime Girlfriend / Young Hausa Couple Set To Wed As They Release Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Ek maag... it's frohling or frühling? grin

Nothing like clear skies to put some warmth in ones bones.

Is frohling, cold? Then it's called koud this side.

I like winter but not for too long. Sometimes it chows into autumn (comes too early) and leaves late (into spring). I hate it when that happens.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Is frohling, cold? Then it's called koud this side.
No, I wanted the word for spring. My Afrikaans was always kak though.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

No, I wanted the word for spring. My Afrikaans was always kak though.

Lol grin I also just googled it - had not idea.

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol grin I also just googled it - had not idea.

So you're just as bad. Hahaha.

Looks like some frcked up German.

I'm more of a winter person. Never fancied warmer weather.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by rali123(f): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

No, I meant they went to Cape Town as a whole. If you want snow at the Reserve then time it well for winter. Otherwise go to KwaZulu-Natal or Lesotho mountain - you're guaranteed snow for months.

Friday 13th Brings Heaviest Snow To Lesotho And Freezes SA
https://www.nairaland.com/6701839/friday-13th-brings-heaviest-snow

Kids Seeing Snowfall For The First Time In The Desert In South Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/6665067/kids-seeing-snowfall-first-time

Thanks so much, I will definitely inquire about all. kiss

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2021
Princedapace:

There can't be any. Nigeria was never desigend to be one. It was fraudulent Britain that forced it and when the ruling class came in and saw that there is much money in politics and resources, they helped Britain to sustain the existence.
The best Nigeria would have done is a decentralized system like USA. Nigeria is too complex and too different to be a united country under a unitary federalism.

Northerners are completely different from southerners. Southerners are completely different from northerners.
This has made the people not to unite to hold their wicked and heartless leaders accountable.

It is a lost cause. There are too many uneducated Nigerians now, too many poor Nigerians now, too many religions fanatics now. Nigeria can't be fix. It can only be managed until it explodes. It will explode someday. Yea.

I'm hesitant to say if you feel there are no other options then you should split, cause Nigerians might come for me and I'm not competent in your politics. But since u seek a decentralised system like the US, aren't u both federations? I thought that's already what you have in Nigeria.

I know u have a national orientation program to instill a sense of unity but it won't work if the system is unfair. Truly, the best way to defeat your problems if you've exhausted all other avenues is simply GOOD GOVERNANCE.

In SA currently there are calls for the Western Cape to gain independence, but this is only because they feel the national governance has deteriorated. If that is fixed these calls will fall away - even Western Cape leaders have admitted this. And history has proven it.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
rali123:

Thanks so much, I will definitely inquire about all. kiss

Cool cool. We always welcome Nigerian tourists, don't believe the negative stories.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Princedapace(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm hesitant to say if you feel there are no other options then you should split, cause Nigerians might come for me and I'm not competent in your politics. But since u seek a decentralised system like the US, aren't u both federations? I thought that's already what you have in Nigeria.

I know u have a national orientation program to instill a sense of unity but it won't work if the system is unfair. Truly, the best way to defeat your problems if you've exhausted all other avenues is simply GOOD GOVERNANCE.

In SA currently there are calls for the Western Cape to gain independence, but this is only because they feel the national governance has deteriorated. If that is fixed these calls will fall away - even Western Cape leaders have admitted this. And history has proven this.

We run a federal system but it is unitary. The governors of the federation are made so weak. They lacked vital powers to manage a federation by the constitution.
The complexity of Nigeria won't work under this system. This was why Nigeria fought civil war. The same issues are happening till date and are now so deep into the system.
Nigeria is such a brutal creation.
There is no single week over 100 Nigerians don't die in Nigeria.
People can't protest becus police will kill them and it will be tagged ethnic protest.
It is a terrible cage.
That is why u see millions of Nigerians leaving Nigeria. It is a heartless and brutal creation managed by extremely wicked leaders. These leaders have been in power since 60s

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Bamzyriches451: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hadampson:

When you have a good partner wink
That's True though
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

So you're just as bad. Hahaha.

Looks like some frcked up German.

I'm more of a winter person. Never fancied warmer weather.

Yeah, Afrikaans has never been popular with us young modern blacks. Even during apartheid they forced it on us, thats why there was a massacre in Soweto in 1976 coz the students rejected it.

But no it's not f*cked up German grin grin grin - remember it derives from Dutch instead, and mixed with local languages and Malay.

Are u based in Germany, Scandanavia?

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Gfskw: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ok
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
Princedapace:

We run a federal system but it is unitary. The governors of the federation are made so weak. They lacked vital powers to manage a federation by the constitution.
The complexity of Nigeria won't work under this system. This was why Nigeria fought civil war. The same issues are happening till date and are now so deep into the system.
Nigeria is such a brutal creation.
There is no single week over 100 Nigerians don't die in Nigeria.
People can't protest becus police will kill them and it will be tagged ethnic protest.
It is a terrible cage.
That is why u see millions of Nigerians leaving Nigeria. It is a heartless and brutal creation managed by extremely wicked leaders. These leaders have been in power since 60s

Then people-power is your only option. Learn from recent events in Sudan, the Arab Spring, and apartheid South Africa. Very powerful and brutal states but the people themselves defeated them. In Palestine 13-year olds are throwing stones at the Israeli army like Soweto kids did against the apartheid regime in power since the 1940s and colonisers since the 1600s. Until you guys are ready to die for your freedom and lose the fear, the leaders won't hand your freedom over to you on a silver platter. They can't kill you all before you get to them first.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah, Afrikaans has never been popular with us young modern blacks. Even during apartheid they forced it on us, thats why there was a massacre in Soweto in 1976 coz the students rejected it.

But no it's not f*cked up German grin grin grin - remember it derives from Dutch instead, and mixed with local languages and Malay.

You modern blacks are back to being yourselves. Can't say if that's a good or a bad thing, but it's an added opportunity as a widespread language. Or maybe Hindi, a la Gupta et Singh recolonization. embarassed

Yeah, it's close to Dutch. Figures. Too much post nasal drip involved. grin

I'm based right here on nairaland, ad hoc defender of the weak and defenseless Nigerian keyboard Patriots.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You modern blacks are back to being yourselves. Can't say if that's a good or a bad thing, but it's an added opportunity as a widespread language. Or maybe Hindi, a la Gupta et Singh recolonization. embarassed

Yeah, it's close to Dutch. Figures. Too much post nasal drip involved. grin

I'm based right here on nairaland, ad hoc defender of the weak and defenseless Nigerian keyboard Patriots.

Reclaiming one's heritage can never be a bad thing. The most successful nations are those that follow their own path based on their own principles and not borrowed ones. We are black and would forever be faux pas whites if we went the assimilation route.

Lol bout the Gupta joke grin. U lost me with the post nasal drip thing, but I guess u refering to the variations between German and Dutch.

Oh yeah, I forgot u always dodging the issue of your exact location. Just wanted to continue the weather discussion and not to hand u over to the CIA dudegrin
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Reclaiming one's heritage can never be a bad thing. The most successful nations are those that follow their own path based on their own principles and not borrowed ones. We are black and would forever be faux pas whites if we went the assimilation route.

Lol bout the Gupta joke grin. U lost me with the post nasal drip thing, but I guess u refering to the variations between German and Dutch.

Oh yeah, I forgot u always dodging the issue of your exact location. Just wanted to continue the weather discussion and not to hand u over to the CIA dudegrin

Hahaha@ last paragraph. And you think a CIA agent wouldn't just say that? grin

The post nasal drip is for all the Ag, ne man! That ag, good morning! Upsetting.

As for reclaiming ones heritage, I hope the blacks go about it properly by developing themselves lest the kaaners go: just look at them! Hope to see the strides in that aspect.

Hmm, someone is going francophone here(monsieur faux pas). Is that how you want to displace le Guptas, avec francais? wink
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by goodheart02(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2021
Finally South Africa na oyibo land oo

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Hahaha@ last paragraph. And you think a CIA agent wouldn't just say that? grin

The post nasal drip is for all the Ag, ne man! That ag, good morning! Upsetting.

As for reclaiming ones heritage, I hope the blacks go about it properly by developing themselves lest the kaaners go: just look at them! Hope to see the strides in that aspect.

Hmm, someone is going francophone here(monsieur faux pas). Is that how you want to displace le Guptas, avec francais? wink

Dude, the Guptas and their influence left with Zuma - in fact they're now on the Interpol arrest list awaiting extradition from India and Dubai.

grin On the lighter note, faux pas is now part of the English language, come on now. Also an agent won't even mention the word CIA grin But one day I'll definitely find out your origins.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by buymyride: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

We experience all 4 seasons of the year every 3 months.

1. From 01 September its Spring (rebirth).
2. From 01 December it's Summer (hot).
3. From 01 March it's Autumn (plants begin to die and there's a chill in the air).
4. And from 01 June it's Winter (you can always expect snow on the mountains especially - sometimes within the cities). But generally very cold weather.
wao, that’s great to know. The last time I came around was on the 17th of March. Now I know why it was chilly back then. By my next visit, am definitely coming in July grin I love it chilly grin

I owe you a jar of Umquombothi on my next visit grin

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by Cousin9999: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
All those thick baddies in SA, and he marries that racist troll.

Maybe he's g4y.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
Princedapace:

There can't be any. Nigeria was never desigend to be one. It was fraudulent Britain that forced it and when the ruling class came in and saw that there is much money in politics and resources, they helped Britain to sustain the existence.
The best Nigeria would have done is a decentralized system like USA. Nigeria is too complex and too different to be a united country under a unitary federalism.

Northerners are completely different from southerners. Southerners are completely different from northerners.
This has made the people not to unite to hold their wicked and heartless leaders accountable.

It is a lost cause. T[b]here are too many uneducated Nigerians now[/b], too many poor Nigerians now, too many religions fanatics now. Nigeria can't be fix. It can only be managed until it explodes. It will explode someday. Yea.
This very forum bears testament to the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
goodheart02:
Finally South Africa na oyibo land oo
South Africa has white peopleOo, it's not a white land. difference. would you guys stop obsessing about white people Oo, It's annoying Oo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

There's a Belgian movie I watched recently, they spoke Dutch, I could understand some of the dialogue without reading the subtitles, but I hear Afrikaans is even closer to Flemish than Dutch...Flemish is also spoken in Belgium

2 Likes

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Cool cool. We always welcome Nigerian tourists, don't believe the negative stories.
He he he...let me tool cool
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by moneyissweet(m): 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2021
And you know wan give nairaland admirers a chance

MhizzAJ:
This is beautiful.... I love LOVE.. God when!!!!

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:01am On Sep 01, 2021
IronGalaxy:
There's a Belgian movie I watched recently, they spoke Dutch, I could understand some of the dialogue without reading the subtitles, but I hear Afrikaans is even closer to Flemish than Dutch...Flemish is also spoken in Belgium

My Afrikaans teacher back in the late 90s used to try convincing us to be more interested in the language as we'd face less discrimination traveling around Europe because they'll think we were speaking Dutch or Flemish. She insisted most countries there had issues with England and English. With Brexit I now reckon she was right.

I've got 3 Dutch books and I can pretty much figure out some stuff although it's a struggle since Afrikaans itself is the pitsgrin
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:15am On Sep 01, 2021
buymyride:
wao, that’s great to know. The last time I came around was on the 17th of March. Now I know why it was chilly back then. By my next visit, am definitely coming in July grin I love it chilly grin

I owe you a jar of Umquombothi on my next visit grin

LMAO grin I know u love your umqhombothi despite what it did to u the last time.

Prepare for freezing and not 'chilly' weather in July/August - especially when the so-called 'cold front' hits. It rarely snows in Joburg but we freeze over if it's snowing in other provinces. So invest in a good jacket and beanie ok.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:25am On Sep 01, 2021
Cousin9999:
All those thick baddies in SA, and he marries that racist troll.

Maybe he's g4y.

Lol - JaceBlaze, IronGalaxy you wanna tell him? Let's keep it our little SA secret. grin

@Cousin9999 - it's love my guy.

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by TMKsouth: 12:30am On Sep 01, 2021
IronGalaxy:
He he he...let me tool cool

Not bo oga in the CBD. Those ones ba bora big time. I'm talking about proper tourists who spend their dollars, enjoy their time and don't overstay their visas afterwards.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by BRATISLAVA: 6:49am On Sep 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

Dude, the Guptas and their influence left with Zuma - in fact they're now on the Interpol arrest list awaiting extradition from India and Dubai.

grin On the lighter note, faux pas is now part of the English language, come on now. Also an agent won't even mention the word CIA grin But one day I'll definitely find out your origins.

Some weeds never leave.

grin Pulling your legs there. But who knows, you have this je ne sais quoi.

Why wouldn't a CIA agent want to act innocent by using the word "agent" so he could throw me off with the "Also an agent won't even mention the word CIA". Agentish rhetoric, no?

One day I might tell you.

1 Like

Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by goodheart02(m): 10:01am On Sep 01, 2021
IronGalaxy:
South Africa has white peopleOo, it's not a white land. difference. would you guys stop obsessing about white people Oo, It's annoying Oo grin grin grin

Bros, I know. I was only referring to the snow and level of development. No one is obsessed about stupid white people.
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by buymyride: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2021
TMKsouth:

LMAO grin I know u love your umqhombothi despite what it did to u the last time.

Prepare for freezing and not 'chilly' weather in July/August - especially when the so-called 'cold front' hits. It rarely snows in Joburg but we freeze over if it's snowing in other provinces. So invest in a good jacket and beanie ok.

wao, I can’t wait to experience snow for the first time in my life. SA is really blessed I swear
Re: South African Couple Wed As Snowflakes Fall Around Them (PIX) by IronGalaxy: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2021
goodheart02:

Bros, I know. I was only referring to the snow and level of development. No one is obsessed about stupid white people.
could have fooled me cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Marry After 12 Years Of Dating (Photos) / Urhobo Meets Yoruba In Beautiful Pre-Wedding Photoshoot / Landlord Caught Secondary School Student Having Sex With His Wife In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.