Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Financially Abusive Men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Financially Abusive Men? (2460 Views)

Why Do I Seek Dominating & Abusive Men? Is It Normal? / Single Ladies Who Stay In An Abusive Relationship / Should Our Boyfriends Assist Us Financially Without Us Having To Ask? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financially Abusive Men? by MsPotato(f): 4:19am On May 22, 2011
If he doesnt want me to work, than Ill open a small business from home.

If he wants to control me financially, I dont think that is possible because Im known to be a financial planner among my friend, family and colleagues so no way is he taking that gift away from me
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 4:20am On May 22, 2011
Advocator:
If all women we like you, the world would have been a better place. wink Most women of this era are gold diggers. Anyways men should shower their women with money and gold without her asking[b], if she ask then it is a sign that you are a stingy husband.[/b] A miser to be worse.

Lol aw. Thanks smiley I'd have to agree with the bolded very much.

Initially, I thought a lot of women were gold diggers too. As time goes on though, I'm beginning to realize more that a lot of people, men or women, would be gold diggers if they had the chance. *shrugs*

There's good and bad in everyone. What makes the person is the side on which they choose to act.
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Jenifa1: 4:47am On May 22, 2011
you need to clarify your point. are you referring to:
--the millionaire with stay at home wife (most women won't mind)
-- broke and unnecessarily egotistic male (most women would rather become single mothers)
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 4:55am On May 22, 2011
^
Honey, what if the millionaire is also an unnecessarily egotistical male? Are you assuming that all broke men are egotistical? People without money are generally more humble than people with tons of money. That millionaire guy will boss you around like no man's business; the best deal for a woman is to have her own money.
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Jenifa1: 5:20am On May 22, 2011
^ a millionaire's ego is often justified.
but a broke man's ego is absolutely unnecessary.

People without money are generally more humble than people with tons of money.
then you haven't met many broke people. some of them have ego the size of supersized cantaloupe but nonexistent wallet to back it up.

yea I agree with you that the best deal is for the woman to have her own money. that is definitely the best!
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 5:30am On May 22, 2011
Okay, him [the guy] making enough money to take care of the bills and other finances while I take care of him and our babies is not 'slavery' or abuse to me. IT'S HOW LIFE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE, BUT trying to control my income and my checks while using his status as bread winner to boss me around? I won't tolerate it. He would find his way skipping to work and whistling all the way home to see an empty house!  cheesy
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 5:59am On May 22, 2011
@ Jenifa

A millionaire's ego is often justified? Chei, poor man don suffer o.
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Jenifa1: 6:11am On May 22, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@ Jenifa

A millionaire's ego is often justified? Chei, poor man don suffer o.

lol. I think you are misinterpreting my comment.

a rich man commanding his wife to stay at home is justified compared to a broke man commanding his wife to stay at home.
the rich man can afford to say that but the poor man is just running his mouth.
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Zahnda(f): 5:03pm On May 22, 2011
I would never not work, I love my job and would never want to be financially dependant on anyone. 'He who pays the piper, calls the tune'. This wouldn't work for a girl like me, I've got too much opinion, to much know how, too much brain and loads of ambition to be satisfied with just wiping kiddies' snot, cooking, cleaning, smiling and waving occasionally and only being relevant as an accessory to someone else for the rest of my days.

As for handing over my pay cheque, What?
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by GODSON2009(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2011
@post
there is nothing wrong in the woman working/achieving her full potential in my opinion, but the way it works for me is that our family is a company i am the general manager and she is the managing director.
the main bulk of the money we will both be signatories to but i make the decisions as the head of the family this is not to say i wont listen to her i am very traditional and conservative when it comes to the institution of marriage
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 22, 2011
Zahnda:

I would never not work, I love my job and would never want to be financially dependant on anyone. 'He who pays the piper, calls the tune'. This wouldn't work for a girl like me, I've got too much opinion, to much know how, too much brain and loads of ambition to be satisfied with just wiping kiddies' snot, cooking, cleaning, smiling and waving occasionally and only being relevant as an accessory to someone else for the rest of my days.

As for handing over my pay cheque, What?
[
You make it sound like looking after ones own chilren while they are small is a lesser thing to do as a woman. Youre comment is unfortunate. Can a smart woman not humble herself to do these things for her own children?
Or is it all about ambition? Looking after chilren is not irrelevant.
]
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Topsoldier: 7:51pm On May 22, 2011
talina:

I agree wiv u smart gurl, she is so westernize that she thinks if she look nd nurture her kids then she

will be a backward woman. women should stay home nd take care of her children and her hubby. if she can't then why

give birth to them in the first place?
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Zahnda(f): 9:01pm On May 22, 2011
@ Talina. It wouldn't work FOR ME, not speaking for anyone else. I respect you wishing to stay at home and raise kids, try to respect that I'd rather staple myself to the wall by the nostrils.
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Zahnda(f): 9:08pm On May 22, 2011
@ Topsoldier, you do understand that breeding is not mandatory right?
Re: Financially Abusive Men? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 22, 2011
Zahnda:

@ Talina. It wouldn't work FOR ME, not speaking for anyone else. I respect you wishing to stay at home and raise kids, try to respect that I'd rather staple myself to the wall by the nostrils.  
I understand that its not for you to be a stay at home Mom , but Im saying that those who chose to, are not becoming irrevelevant and simply accesorys for doing so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Should Push The Shopping Cart? / Guys,will You Marry A Lady Without Ovaries Or Womb? / Cold Feet Before Wedding Because Of Fear Of Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.