Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million (10295 Views)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2011
1025:

@agaba123,
may God bless u with all the sufferings and poverty of the poor masses of nigeria. i wonder where most of us reason from. why are u comparing nigeria with america when it comes to spending wastefully and become deaf and dumb when we talk developments. shame to u.
God's blessings does not bring sufferings and poverty, it brings prosperity and happiness.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You know this how? Is this another case of "@agaba123 thinks it, so it must be true"? Goodluck Jonathan's own record so far shows him a spendthrift president. In just one year in office, he has probably outspent his predecessor in ceremonial costs, and this is no secret. From his most recent electorial campaign, rice sharing projects, etc to the october 1st spendings. The man dey spend money, wey no be im own, welli-welli.

Anyways, @Poster, I think the number is in the[b] millions[/b], not the billions.
Just like you based  your pessimism on how much he spent under one year, I based  optimism on what he did within the same period.
I know it based on what he did to the Budget jack up by the national assembly. His words, 'this budget is not implementable'. If he could do that before the elections when he has much at stake why won't he now.
Do not forget that Yar'adua did not have to celebrate Nigeria at 50 so there is no room for comparison anyway.

Why is it that Njeze with her crooked budget did not get all that from the state coffers? She would have no reason to request for the money from individuals. The FG would have taken that up.

She probably has not sent this to the GEJ's table and wants to use it to milk contractors since no one is sure of making the new cabinet.

The other possibility is that it has gone to GEJ's table and she was asked to source for the fund herself.

The budget by Njeze and it seems very genuine.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

Just like you based  your pessimism on how much he spent under one year, I based  optimism on what he did within the same period.
I know it based on what he did to the Budget jack up by the national assembly. His words, 'this budget is not implementable'. If he could do that before the elections when he has much at stake why won't he now.

Based on what he did in the same period? Pray tell  . . . . what did he do in the same period?

This post is on SPENDING, and his SPENDING HABIT in the last year clearly shows he is not in anyway conservative in that wise. So, what exactly did he do, during the same time, that you claim to base your "optimism" on? Drop the history drill since this is about what you claim also happened last year(2010) that you base your opinion.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by dustydee: 2:41pm On May 23, 2011
fork adict:

Make i no talk anytin for this thread abeg. Because if i wan talk, na so i go dey curse many many people papa, mama, children and grand children. make i just generally waka.
wetin you dey find here?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Akainzo(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

I checked the Sahara reporters page for the first time to really see the content of the page.

I noticed that the person who pasted the break down from Njeze forgot to attach the first page of the letter of request.
The request was made to individuals not to Goodluck. Honestly those figures are out of this world, overblown and unrealistic but they are soliciting for individual helps not from the federal government.

Goodluck to the minister, I know goodluck will not sanction such if it comes to his table.

My point is this still a request and I am sure Jonathan will do to it what he did to House budget.

agabaI23:

Just like you based your pessimism on how much he spent under one year, I based optimism on what he did within the same period.
Do not forget that Yar'adua did not have to celebrate Nigeria at 50 so there is no room for comparison anyway.

Why is it that Njeze with her crooked budget did not get all that from the state coffers? She would have no reason to request for the money from individuals. The FG would have taken that up.

She probably has not sent this to the GEJ's table and wants to use it to milk contractors since no one is sure of making the new cabinet.

The other possibility is that it has gone to GEJ's table and she was asked to source for the fund herself.

The budget by Njeze and it seems very genuine.

@agaba123, since we all can see that the addressees have been blanked out, pray tell me, HOW DID YOU KNOW WHO THE MEMO WAS ADDRESSED TO?

Were you assuming it or were you privy to the letter. Also, at what point does a minister get to start using the Presidency's letterhead?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Based on what he did in the same period? Pray tell  . . . . what did he do in the same period?

This post is on SPENDING, and his SPENDING HABIT in the last year clearly shows he is not in anyway conservative in that wise. So, what exactly did he do, during the same time, that you claim to base your "optimism" on?  Drop the history drill since this is about what you claim also happened last year(2010) that you base your opinion.

I am sure you know why the budget though passed by the NASS has not been signed into law? If you do not, find out.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by bisiaet: 2:50pm On May 23, 2011
Please stop lie and wrongly informing the house??Pls may I ask for God sake how would you say N5Billion to swear in the president pls "just swearing in" oh nairaland and still people just keep talking anyhow just because someone just come with his unwarranted propaganda to mention any amount in Naira as if Naira is tissue paper is so shameful. Do they know what 5Billion Niara is

Pls let them do the breakdown for me what and what will that 5Billion was to buy or pay for Pls let us be sensible and reasonable 5Billion is not a joke or just a sand on the street to be use or spend on just 5 minute or ten minute swear in this is so funny oh propagandist may God help you.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 2:54pm On May 23, 2011
Akainzo:

@agaba123, since we all can see that the addressees have been blanked out, pray tell me, HOW DID YOU KNOW WHO THE MEMO WAS ADDRESSED TO?

Were you assuming it or were you privy to the letter. Also, at what point does a minister get to start using the Presidency's letterhead?

You won't need the address to know that the letter was not addressed to an individual is who is probably a contractor.

The last three lines of the letter starting from 'it will be appreciated if you consider  identifying  with the govt . . . . will tell you that it was not meant for the president.

Either the person who received does not want to be known or the person who leaked it does not want to be traced by the addressee.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:00pm On May 23, 2011
bisiaet:

Please stop lie and wrongly informing the house??Pls may I ask for God sake how would you say N5Billion to swear in the president pls "just swearing in" oh nairaland and still people just keep talking anyhow just because someone just come with his unwarranted propaganda to mention any amount in Naira as if Naira is tissue paper is so shameful. Do they know what 5Billion Niara is

Pls let them do the breakdown for me what and what will that 5Billion was to buy or pay for Pls let us be sensible and reasonable 5Billion is not a joke or just a sand on the street to be use or spend on just 5 minute or ten minute swear in this is so funny oh propagandist may God help you.
You won't be able to say if the the amount is too much or not unless you see the breakdown considering you will be hosting international heads of govts and all that but if the breakdown is like of Njeze, it is unjustifiable.

The amount of money that will be spent on security considering the Northern situation will be interesting to see. Security will not only beefed up in Abuja, most of the trouble centres will have to be monitored.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

I am sure you know why the budget though passed by the NASS has not been signed into law? If you do not, find out.

So . . . .  . you are trying to pretend that trying to denyNASS it's increase means Jonathan's own approved package does not include some outrageous spending suggestions??  undecided undecided undecided undecided 

In 2010 budget, NASS did not have this increase and Jonathan still went ahead to spend as much as he could on anything he could. So, why the sudden feeling that NASS is where it is at?

Also, a point of correction from your earlier claim, I am not being pessimistic here. I am simply being real since we are speaking of here of the same man whose own record shows he does not shy away from spending money as he wants.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:15pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So . . . .  . you are trying to pretend that trying to denyNASS it's increase means Jonathan's own approved package does not include some outrageous spending suggestions??  undecided undecided undecided undecided 

In 2010 budget, NASS did not have this increase and Jonathan still went ahead to spend as much as he could on anything he could. So, why the sudden feeling that NASS is where it is at?

So you think that cutting 745B is nothing compared to spending 5B which has not even been confirmed?

The 'crime' committed by spending 5B overshadows the good done by cutting 745B? Is that what you mean?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Akainzo(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

You won't need the address to know that the letter was not addressed to an individual is who is probably a contractor.
The last three lines of the letter starting from 'it will be appreciated if you consider  identifying  with the govt . . . . will tell you that it was not meant for the president.
Either the person who received does not want to be known or the person who leaked it does not want to be traced by the addressee.

Or it could have been addressed ro State Governments, Party Hierachy or party donors. Whichever way, considering it was issued on the Presidency's letterhead, it means it has been reveiwed and found to be worthy of the President's name and seal.

The pertinent question is, since this would have been approved for the consumption of whoever, should that entity not come up with the money, does this not entail that the FGN under GEJ would have to provide the funds?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by HARDDON: 3:21pm On May 23, 2011
Sahara S H I T S @ it again huh? get a lyf and stop all this spurious propaganda!!!!

read ma lips: GEJ is the best President we have got so far!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

So you think that cutting 745B is nothing compared to spending 5B which has not even been confirmed?

The 'crime' committed by spending 5B overshadows the good done by cutting 745B? Is that what you mean?
I am sorry but you are still trying to connect the 'UN-connected' here. There was no 745B to cut last year, and Jonathan Goodluck still went on a spending spree. Now, NASS introduces 745B this year, and you want to pretend that Jonathan Goodluck being against it means he is NOT going to go on a spree this year, with the spending? How?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by scopusng(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2011
HARDDON:

Sahara S H I T S @ it again huh? get a lyf and stop all this spurious propaganda!!!!

Fool
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but you are still trying to connect the 'UN-connected' here. There was no 745B to cut last year, and Jonathan Goodluck still went on a spending spree. Now, NASS introduces 745B this year, and you want to pretend that Jonathan Goodluck being against it means he is NOT going to go on a spree this year, with the spending? How?
So you would have been happier if the spending spree goes on with the additional 745B? Is that what you mean?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

So you would have been happier if the spending spree goes on with the additional 745B? Is that what you mean?
Again, the one(Jonathan's spending habit) has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the other(NASS 745B 2011 request), so please get back to discussing the topic, and your INITIAL claim -- or should I say providing some back up for your claimed "OPTIMISM" here. Or simply admit that it is all based on wishful thinking on your own side rather than evidenced in some record that does not exist.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2011
Akainzo:

Or it could have been addressed ro State Governments, Party Hierachy or party donors. Whichever way, considering it was issued on the Presidency's letterhead, it means it has been reveiwed and found to be worthy of the President's name and seal.

The pertinent question is, since this would have been approved for the consumption of whoever, should that entity not come up with the money, does this not entail that the FGN under GEJ would have to provide the funds?
Approved by who? This letter originated from the person who signed it. She did not sign on behalf of GEJ, she signed as a chairman of a committee.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:33pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again, the one has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the other so please get back to discussing the topic, and your INITIAL claim -- or should I say providing some back up for your claimed "OPTIMISM" here.
It has every connection my friend except you choose not to see it.

He refused to accept unnecessary padding, stood his ground even when ordinarily he should have been afraid it would affect his return campaign.

If he should slash such, why won't I optimistic that he will not allow this kind of padded estimate especially if all of the other estimates are like this one from Njeze.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On May 23, 2011
^^^ As I thought, evidence was manufactured by you. ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2011
BTW offtopic

One of the vibrant  and the most aggressive BB supporters who spent close to a million on nairaland BB effort suspended his building project in March waiting to see the outcome of the election before continuing.  Why did he have to suspend his project pending the outcome of an election which he was not contesting in? That now explains the aggressiveness!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ As I thought, evidence was manufactured by you. ROFLMAO!!

Which evidence was manufactured?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by xwolverine: 3:43pm On May 23, 2011
Akainzo:

And By The Way, in descending to start hauling insults all over the forum, you are gonna be in the same bracket as the person you're trying to castigate.

Thanks man, Noted cool
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by forkadict(m): 3:47pm On May 23, 2011
HARDDON:

If i wan curse you now nko? Foooooooool
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by OmoTier1(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2011
Remember King ASA in the bible? May GEJ's tale not end like his.

How true this story is, God sees all. The fact that not a single government minister has been able to put a figure on how much this event will cost the tax payer says it all.

I remember in the UK, a week to the G-20 summit two years ago, whitehall released the figure it would cost the tax payer - somewhere around £25million and they had to explain to the country why it was costing much and the pressure from the public ment they had to go back, review thier expenses downwards!

At a time countries that mean well for thier people are taking drastic measures to cut bogus spending, African governments is doing the opposite.

I have said it, the Spirit of illigetimacy that hunted Yar'dua will follow GEJ for the next 2.5years until he confesses to Nigerians how he masterminded the biggest deciet Nigeria has ever witness.

As usual, watch how the presidency will keep mute on this issue. Also, I am seriously concerned that no tabloid on online news outlet based in Nigeria has covertly investigated this story, run a front page rticle on it! Has journalism in Nigeria now truly a 'samsung galaxy tab' rub my back i rub your affair?

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Geniro: 4:10pm On May 23, 2011
fork adict:

If i wan curse you now nko? Foooooooool

See mumu, say na only you get mouth to curse. Oloshi
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

Approved by who? This letter originated from the person who signed it. She did not sign on behalf of GEJ, she signed as a chairman of a committee.

@Agaba123

Please stop defending the undefendable. What is wrong is wrong, there is no other name to it. I am sure Beaf would have seen this thread but probably decided to stay away because its simply cant be defended. The more you defend this, the more jargons peeps will get from u.

Who is this minister working for? Who appointed her? ave you check the date of this letter? Infact looking at the fraud inside that letter, its disgraceful that a federal minister of the repulblic will append her signature to such even if the funds will be coming from the private sector. It shows the kind of dealings being perpetuated by this goverment no doubt. Whatever the case, the figures are outrageous and it goes to show the level of unseriousness and lack of due diligence on our leaders led by GEJ.

I am sure the president was just at the church not long ago
Shame on you GEJ
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 4:42pm On May 23, 2011
@Agaba123, It is not the number of posts that will make you a Moderator on Nairaland or replace Aisha2.
You desperate defence for the undefendable sucks.
Oh ma gosh!

How many lies do u speak in a day Sycophant?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2011
enyojo:

@Agaba123, It is not the number of posts that will make you a Moderator on Nairaland or replace Aisha2.
You desperate defence for the undefendable sucks.
Oh ma gosh!

How many lies do u speak in a day Sycophant?

A moderator? I want to be a moderator?I don't even know that Aisha2 is no longer a moderator when her name is still listed as one. If I wanted to be, I would have been long time ago. Save your saliva. It appears you are interested. I will put a word to Seun on your behalf if you are that desperate to be scared that someone else may be interested.
Pastor enyogo, do not get worked up, you know you are pregnant and it is not good for your health.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by lasee(f): 5:14pm On May 23, 2011
Na only God fit helep us ooooooooooooooo.

This is going to be a massive waste
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On May 23, 2011
Fresh air

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! / Udensi: Kalu's Performance Better Than That Of T.A Orji, Ikpeazu Put Together / Ben Bruce To Run For Governor In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.