Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million (10293 Views)

National Assembly Severance Package To Gulp N2.8bn / I Won’t Attend Jonathan’s Inauguration, By Buhari / More Street Killing Planned - FG Uncovers Plot To Derail Jonathan’s Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Roland17(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2011
in every rumor, there is an atom of truth, breath of fresh air indeed.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by ideylaff: 5:55pm On May 23, 2011
ds awa leaders

awon eleyi won badt gannn, angryshocked
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by enyojo(f): 6:02pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

A moderator? I want to be a moderator?I don't even know that Aisha2 is no longer a moderator when her name is still listed as one. If I wanted to be, I would have been long time ago. Save your saliva. It appears you are interested. I will put a word to Seun on your behalf if you are that desperate to be scared that someone else may be interested.
Pastor enyogo, do not get worked up, you know you are pregnant and it is not good for your health.

Any little thing, 'pregnancy'!
Hope you will not eventually impregnate those harmless little girls in your area.
You seems to be an idle Nairalander who is endowed with spamming and scamming techniques!  grin grin

As for Moderator, instead of being a Moderator of nairaland, I rather enter Rijiya (local well)
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 23, 2011
Ok people, I just read that the amount is 1 billion and this time its from yayale ahmed. I still think that's too much, what do you think?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by DisGuy: 6:45pm On May 23, 2011
DivideUs:

Ok people, I just read that the amount is 1 billion and this time its from yayale ahmed. I still think that's too much, what do you think?

How are we sure it is going to be the 'stated' N1 billion naira from the coffers,

And why is a federal minister acting on behalf of the FG soliciting money for inauguration ceremony when there's already a state budget?

Weird how these pastors will be preaching 'God- fearing leaders' when they are partaking in these outrageous stealing!

The HEAD of the church should be named and shamed as part of the invincible cabals, they cant claim to be ignorant of these figures!!!! Arent churches meant to be charity organisations

Approved by who? This letter originated from the person who signed it. She did not sign on behalf of GEJ, she signed as a chairman of a committee.

lmao a committee of friends? using government letter heads
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by sweet9ja: 8:22pm On May 23, 2011
Ah, Sahara Reporters ke? abegi, dem be bad bele booo.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 23, 2011
sweet9ja:

Ah, Sahara Reporters ke? abegi, dem be bad bele booo.

and yet they brought the whole thing to light, how well do you trust the government?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by kuru: 9:23pm On May 23, 2011
Guys, check this out

…SGF Yayale says only N830million is budgeted for the event

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4984.html
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 9:30pm On May 23, 2011
15 Heads of Govt. confirm attending Jonathan's Inauguration
SGF Yayale says only N830million is budgeted for the event

Goodluck Jonathan
The Secretary to the Government of Federation, Alh Mahmud Yayale Ahmed,CFR, has confirmed to journalists in Abuja that 15 Heads of Governments have acknowledged Nigeria's invitation to witness the Inauguration of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the 40 invitation sent out, revelaing that only N830 Million has been budgeted for the event.

Yayale who did not release the names of the 15 Heads of Government said 20 more Heads of Governments are still expected at the May 29th event.

Briefing the media as part of activities to commence the week long events lined up for the inauguration, Yayale , stated that contrary to rumor and speculations that the committee had budgeted N5Billion for the event, he said “the committee initially budgeted N1.3billion but it was reduced to N830Million and whatever the case I assure Nigerians that we would not over shoot N1billion."

Speaking on the state of security preparedness following claims by some on threats to scuttle the inauguration he assured Nigerians that " we are very satisfied with all the security arrangements comprising all the security outfits in the country and assure you that we would do all to ensure nothing goes wrong".This he said includes the 26 states that are celebrating the inauguration.

On whether the committee had plans for the INEC Adhoc staff or the NYSC 10 who lost their lives in the line of service he noted that " Mr President has taken a decision on this we dont want to make it public , on the adhoc staff for those who sustained injury he has also ordered that they be given automatic employment while the others he advised should keep their fingers crossed.

Consequently he also stated that Nigeria will not invite any controversial personality as all measures were being put in place to all security breech.

On whether invitations were extended to all the other political parties he noted that they were automatic guests at the events and that their invitations had since reached them.

On the Programme of event he said President Jonathan is scheduled to meet with the Business Community at lagos on May 23rd, 2011. Also a special session with the youth on Tuesday, May 24th,2011 at The Eko Hotel, Lagos. Similarly later in the evening Dinner for Corporate Nigeria at The State House, Marina Lagos.

Back at Abuja on Wednesday, 25th May , 2011 Exhibition Nigeria Our Nigeria, / Unveiling of Mr Presidents Portrait at the Shehu Musa Yar Adua Centre.

Thursday May 26th, 2011 Inauguration Lecture at Ministry for Foreign Affairs Conference Hall Abuja. First Lady Banquet for Women , Banquet Hall State House,

Friday May 27th , 2011 Jumat Prayers at the National Mosque, Abuja , Children's day celebration at the old parade ground Area 10 Garki.

Saturday, May 28th,2011 Football match at the National Stadium.

Thanks giving Church Service at the National Christian Centre

Inauguration Banquet Banquet Hall State House.

Inauguration Eve Musical/ Cultural Festival & Fire Works Display Old Parade Ground.

Sunday , 29th May 2011, Swearing In Ceremony at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

The SGF noted that Nigerians being football lovers in order to meet the yearnings of football lovers a football match has been scheduled between Kano Pillars FC and Eyimba FC of Aba on Saturday , 28th May, 2011. " The programme of activities for the inauguration of the new President represents a symbolic celebration of the deepening of democracy as exemplified by the recently concluded general elections and to consolidate our democracy" .

He commended the media for its immense contributions to national development from the struggle for independence to the current era in which we are consolidating democracy , while calling on Nigerians to participate fully in all the events.
And where was the N5B from? From Sahara reporters' highly trusted source.

The source probably got that info when the budget had not been vetted and harmonized.

@Kobojunkie

Like I told you, GEJ has cut down the expenditure by 83.4%.
You can basis for my optimism was not manufactured but factual. I hope you will continue to lmfao.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 23, 2011
kuru:

Guys, check this out

…SGF Yayale says only N830million is budgeted for the event

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4984.html

I wasn't expecting them to tell us the truth cuz our government are used to telling lies !
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On May 23, 2011
agabaI23:

@Kobojunkie

Like I told you, GEJ has cut down the expenditure by 83.4%.
You can basis for my optimism was not manufactured but factual. I hope you will continue to lmfao

You told me nothing of the such. 

All you tried to do was argue that the information was false because Goodluck Jonathan denied NASS it's increase in the 2011 budget.  This, by the way, came after your failed attempt to justify the amount by comparing it to that spent by the US for Bush's and then Obama's innauguration.

Please go back and read your own posts. I also pointed out earlier that the that I believed the amount was actually in the millions and not in the billions.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You told me nothing of the such.  All you tried to do was argue that the information was false because Goodluck Jonathan denied NASS it's increase in the 2011 budget.  This, by the way, came after your failed attempt to justify the amount by comparing it to that spent by the US for Bush's and then Obama's innauguration.
Ahhh Kobo?

How can you say all I argued was that the information was false? You asked me the basis of my optimism that GEJ will cut down the cost if what we have there is true and I told you to check what he did to NASS budget jack up. I told you that it was that action that formed the basis of my optimism and your response was that I manufactured my evidence.

I did not say by what amount. The 83.4% I added is to tell you the percentage cut in the present case.

You can go back to read all I posted before.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 23, 2011
na today? y are u guyz supprise in the first place? no be for this country una carry close to 100bn do election? 10bn for independent day bomb blast sorry celebration? 1bn by fec to buy dustbin from uk? so whats the big deal? get use to it, u voted for gje not pdp abi? then no shouting,leave with it.its ur choice
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by jmaine: 10:21pm On May 23, 2011
HMMMMM! SAHARA SHITTY REPORTERS
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by cap28: 11:38pm On May 23, 2011
Nigerians deserve the criminals they get as leaders.

Did anyone in their right mind beleive that Badluck Jonathan would be any different from his criminal friends?

This is just the beginning, I can imagine how GEJ and his criminal cronies are laughing their heads off at nigerians - " we've fooled those idio.ts again, dumbos" - thats what they must be saying as the sip their chilled champagne in Aso rock, for all of you who voted him in including that jackass Beaf - dont you ever let me hear you whining - fools.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by tayoast(m): 12:34am On May 24, 2011
N5b. . .just like dt?

even N1b is too much. Is it by force to organise inauguration?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by 1forall: 12:58am On May 24, 2011
irresponsible leadership, didn't majority of nigerians vote for him?
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by MeGaStReEt: 1:11am On May 24, 2011
Nigerians, una too dey complain!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 1:15am On May 24, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

Nigerians, una too dey complain!
guy i swear ur a bastarrd, big one, u dey craze, we should not complain?
5 billion naira??
just the way gej, spent billions on independence day on a failed state??
are u fucckiiing serious??
wow, ur a fool
ur prob in china selling weed and cocaine
dnt worry you will soon be hanged
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by agabaI23(m): 1:25am On May 24, 2011
Donlittle:

guy i swear your a bastarrd, big one, u dey craze, we should not complain?
5 billion naira??
wow, your a fool
your prob in china selling weed and cocaine

830 million not 5B
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by jmaine: 1:29am On May 24, 2011
Donlittle:

guy i swear your a bastarrd, big one, u dey craze, we should not complain?
5 billion naira??
wow, your a fool
your prob in china selling weed and cocaine

See Abuse eh   shocked shocked . . . na so him single line comment enter you . . . Abeg go drink Ice water sharply before heart attack go kill you on top Shitty Sahara Disreporters lies !! haba . . .!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Beaf: 1:38am On May 24, 2011
I can't believe this silly thread is still running! grin
These days, every tom d1ck and harry "knows" how much every project costs! The same tafia's will soon tell us GEJ's brand of body cream. cry cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by jmaine: 1:42am On May 24, 2011
The Federal Government may spend between N830m and N1bn on the inauguration of President Goodluck Jonathan on May 29 at the Eagle Square, Abuja.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Alhaji Yayele Ahmed, who made this known at a news conference in Abuja, however, said the Presidential Inauguration Committee headed by him, initially budgetted N1.3bn for the one week ceremony.

“Our initial budget was N1.3bn. It was reduced to N830m. But it may reach N1bn plus or minus,” he said.

Yayale did not say who made the reduction, but he advised journalists interested in knowing the exact amount that would be spent by the government on the event come to his office for the auditing after May 29.

Just hope the perennial clowns running SR will avail themselves the opportunity of joining their more credible dailies to verify facts before vomitting misleading reports

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105243134812
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by queensmith: 5:15am On May 24, 2011
I think its about time people begin to realize that neither jonathan nor the group of elitist governments that have been presiding over Nigeria the past 5 years give a toss about anybody but themselves.

They will rather sell you all out to a pac of wolves than miss out on a big party!
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Rhino5dm: 7:23am On May 24, 2011
And the blind defence continues. . .funny enough GEJ is handing over to himself.

When sahara reporters reported the amount to be apend on 50yrs anniversary jamboree they quicklily reduce the figure and later spend the reported amount. O ma se o
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Demdem(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2011
jmaine:

Just hope the perennial clowns running SR will avail themselves the opportunity of joining their more credible dailies to verify facts before vomitting misleading reports

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105243134812

Thank Goodness a media outlet brought these skirmishes out. Its good to know that the amount has been reduced to + or - 1Billion as stated by the SGF. However, this amount is still too much for partying in the midst of abject poverty IMO
In addition, the SGF should also comment abount the letter posted by saharareporters. Was that letter trully signed by the minister or her signature was forged.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by rasputinn(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2011
[size=16pt]Sahara reporters is SHYTE
The amount is well under a billion naira[/size]
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Nobody: 8:24am On May 24, 2011
On the Programme of event he said President Jonathan is scheduled to meet with the Business Community at lagos on May 23rd, 2011. Also a special session with the youth on Tuesday, May 24th,2011 at The Eko Hotel, Lagos. Similarly later in the evening Dinner for Corporate Nigeria at The State House, Marina Lagos.

Back at Abuja on Wednesday, 25th May , 2011 Exhibition Nigeria Our Nigeria, / Unveiling of Mr Presidents Portrait at the Shehu Musa Yar Adua Centre.

Thursday May 26th, 2011 Inauguration Lecture at Ministry for Foreign Affairs Conference Hall Abuja. First Lady Banquet for Women , Banquet Hall State House,

Friday May 27th , 2011 Jumat Prayers at the National Mosque, Abuja , Children's day celebration at the old parade ground Area 10 Garki.

Inauguration Eve Musical/ Cultural Festival & Fire Works Display Old Parade Ground.

1 week programme, 15 head of states to cap it off----830 million----not bad ,
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by Demdem(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2011
In my opinion, this is what i would do to reduce cost. Some of these things arent neccessary.

[s]On the Programme of event he said President Jonathan is scheduled to meet with the Business Community at lagos on May 23rd, 2011. Also a special session with the youth on Tuesday, May 24th,2011 at The Eko Hotel, Lagos. Similarly later in the evening Dinner for Corporate Nigeria at The State House, Marina Lagos.[/s]

This honestly isnt neccessary, he met virtually all these groups before the elections and i wonder what they would be discussing that is new. Nothing tangible except the elections and after effect violence has happened since the beggining of this year.
This should be scrapped to save cost.

[s]Back at Abuja on Wednesday, 25th May , 2011 Exhibition Nigeria Our Nigeria, / Unveiling of Mr Presidents Portrait at the Shehu Musa Yar Adua Centre.[/s]

Bullshit angry another waste.

[s]Thursday May 26th, 2011 Inauguration Lecture at Ministry for Foreign Affairs Conference Hall Abuja. First Lady Banquet for Women , Banquet Hall State House,[/s]

Another waste. I honestly cant see any corellation between this event and the swearing in ceremony. Above all, umbella will also be presiding i guess.

Fair enough its ok but at what cost?

will this be part of the committe's budget or NFF's budget. Those guys in NFF seems to be saying something else. Anyway, its not a bad idea but also at what cost?

Fair enough its ok but at what cost?

Just a party. so that i wont be regarded a freak, i will allow it but also at what cost.

[s]Inauguration Eve Musical/ Cultural Festival & Fire Works Display Old Parade Ground.[/s]

Another waste. why cant the inaguration banquet be merged with this on the same day? This will save some cash.

The most important of them all.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by dustydee: 9:08am On May 24, 2011
rasputinn:

[size=16pt]Sahara reporters is SHYTE
The amount is well under a billion naira[/size]

was it sahara reporters that typed the letter? It may well be an attempt by that minister to defraud people by soliciting for funds on behalf of the govt.
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by gentlegg(m): 9:51am On May 24, 2011
I will never believe Sahara Reporter again after reading this http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/24/national-24-05-2011-008.html
Re: Jonathan's Inauguration To Gulp N5 Billion, Church Service N63 Million by joecrack(m): 10:21am On May 24, 2011
When i saw thir story on SR i took it with a pinch of salt cuz i know they are anti-gej,and besides i cant really depend on a news source all the way from newyork to feed me with news about nigeria,and for those of u saying the govt slashed it cuz SR had reported it,i think its unbelievable.We run a govt(democratic),they would have come out to state the figures.
Well,i may be a gej apologist but believe me i aint down with this,whether 830m or 1.3b,its still too much and not necessary,who ever said a simple swearing-in inside aso rock would make heavens fall.richer nations in europe are cutting spendings, we are here celebrating in abject poverty and decay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aregbesola: Osun Assembly Dismisses Judge’s Petition, Says It Lacks Merit / NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD / South Must Push For Referendum Before 2019 - Annkio Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.