Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (80403 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
nateevs:

The problem is YOU jumped into a topic you don't know anything about. Dayo was asking for the sources of my stats not because he challenging the source but because he wanted to know. After numerous pleas, I gave him the source. THen you come with your garbage which at that time is utterly irrelevant ad out of place.

Why should I not ask what purpose your post serves then?

nateevs, stop feeding the troll for fu[i]c[/i]k's sake!

dayokanu:

And AVB suddenly became competent, Sturridge and Mata suddenly found their groove and all the stars miraculously aligned when one player left the team

of course, yes.
statistically, united were better off without van nistelrooy and roy keane.
if we believe the crap you keep spewing, ruud and keane were useless for united, right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2011
Can you show us the statistics which showed United were better off without Ruud and Keane?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
dayokanu:

Can you show us the statistics which showed United were better off without Ruud and Keane?

with van nistelrooy:
man utd 2001/2 - 2005/6, 1 league title

without van nistelrooy:
man utd 2006/7 - 2010/11 4 league titles

i have ignored champions league victory and several appearances in the champions league finals.

roy keane:
how many times did roy keane play in the european final? 0
how many times has carrick played in  the european final? 3

this is exactly what you are doing for torres - your argument holds no water until torres gets back into the team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2011
I'm sure you are having a laugh at the nonsense you posted above.

WOuld United even talk about a Nou Camp victory without Roy Keanes performance in Turin?

Maybe if you have had Roy Keane grit in the middle you wouldnt have been overran by Barcelona both times.

Do you recognize that The Man Utd EPL of 2003-2006 faced many challenges which the 2007-2011 didnt

Arsenal at the peak of their powers vs Arsenal that has become a joke right now

A roman Abromovic neaveau riche Chelsea which took everyone by surprise vs this one?

One of Europes best managers Jose Mourinho in the league vs idiots in the 2007-2011 era like Daglish, Keegan, Mark Hughes, Mancini and a senile Wenger
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 7:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
dayokanu:

I'm sure you are having a laugh at the nonsense you posted above.

laugh? i was weeping for your ignorance!

WOuld United even talk about a Nou Camp victory without Roy Keanes performance in Turin?

yes, i'd give him that.
one sterling performance in how many seasons in united?

Maybe if you have had Roy Keane grit in the middle you wouldnt have been overran by Barcelona both times.

where was keane's grit between 1993 -1998? what happened to his grit between 2000 -2005?
dayokanu, you often embarrass yourself on these pages.

Do you recognize that The Man Utd  EPL of 2003-2006 faced many challenges which the 2007-2011 didnt

what challenges?
the glazers didn't heap a ship of debt on man utd until 2005.
why was ruud unable to win more than a league title in his 5 yrs at man utd? wink

Arsenal at the peak of their powers vs Arsenal that has become a joke right now

how is this relevant to the debate. did roy keane ever play for arsenal?

A roman Abromovic neaveau riche Chelsea which took everyone by surprise vs this one?

for the umpteenth time, i ask again. . . .
how is this relevant to the discourse. roy keane did not play for chelsea.

One of Europes best managers Jose Mourinho in the league vs idiots in the 2007-2011 era like Daglish, Keegan, Mark Hughes, Mancini and a senile Wenger

crass! irrelevant! obtuse!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:02pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hahaha. Nateevs will get back at DK tonight after we slash Genk 5-0.

Guys, just watch the combinations in midfield between Fat Frank and Meireles. You would know that Ramires should not be smelling first team. This midfield is our first choice midfield with Mikel and Romeu fighting for DM. Would go with Mikel except against teams that like to counterattack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
Torres is back ninjas!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
Ibime:

Hahaha. Nateevs will get back at DK tonight after we slash Genk 5-0.

Guys, just watch the combinations in midfield between Fat Frank and Meireles. You would know that Ramires should not be smelling first team. This midfield is our first choice midfield with Mikel and Romeu fighting for DM. Would go with Mikel except against teams that like to counterattack

if nateevs goes after dayokanu. . . . .i am coming for your head, son!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
nateevs:

The danger with arguing like this is when Torres returns and we go on to thrash a mid-table team 6-0 and Torres gets two, what then will be the argument?

Unless you are arguing it is impossible to score 4 goals when Torres plays. . .
I am going to not get into any arguments until Torres returns. Only then, IMO can we make sound and reasonable conclusions.

My comments only this morning. . . . Need I say more people?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2011
Jxt Came around to remind my Pal Ibime that Frank Played alongside Torres and we Smached 4!
To remind him also that Frank created El Nino's First Goal!
And to Remind him that Chelsea Won 5niL with Torres featuring 90mins!

Interesting Stats!
cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2011
^^That means El-Nino's problem was mental and he was looking for a scapegoat. His general play has improved tenfold since he made that complaint, and that's due to a mental lift, not because he was playing with x,y and z players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
What El Nino Said could be taken as a Wake UP Call for the Sloppy, Sleeping Midfielders we parade.

AVB Saw a need in what Torres was Moaning for that he had Frank benched for a game, obviously to Spur him UP and alas he got a Hat-trick and it looks like the Famous SW6 No8 Is back to his best again.
cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
Hmmmm. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, how come Dayo is not asking for pass stats?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2011
El Guapo:

What El Nino Said could be taken as a Wake UP Call for the Sloppy, Sleeping Midfielders we parade.

AVB Saw a need in what Torres was Moaning for that he had Frank benched for a game, obviously to Spur him UP and alas he got a Hat-trick and it looks like the Famous SW6 No8 Is back to his best again.
cool cool

This!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2011
You know Nateevs it sounds more Hilarious to me when Ibime said this >

Ibime:

Torres is back ninjas!

I mean not after calling him a Lazy Overrated Point man! angry angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ibime is just confused grin . . . . Allow him na!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
Na, its Torres game that improved, not Frank. Frank has been playing the same way since forever, just that some myopic individuals thought cos he wasn't scoring, his game was degenerating. Like I pointed out at the time Torres made his complaint, Lamps had created the most chances in the Prem whilst Torres improvement only came after that complaint.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2011
Now we have striker.

AVB is making Chelsea so hot.
This might just be it!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ibime:

Na, its Torres game that improved, not Frank. Frank has been playing the same way since forever, just that some myopic individuals thought cos he wasn't scoring, his game was degenerating. Like I pointed out at the time Torres made his complaint, Lamps had created the most chances in the Prem whilst Torres improvement only came after that complaint.

Hmmm. . . Ibime i still found the Words in bold cabalistic! undecided

For what it stands, dont u think it should have been
>>

"Torres improvement only came after the acquisition of Mata and emergence of Sturridge at the Right flank of our attack hence giving him the confidence to be a shadow of his fmr self"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dyabman(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
lalaboi:

Ibime is just confused grin . . . . Allow him na!

I agree! cool

@Ibime

we played against a weak Genk yester-night and you said we don't need Ramirez . . you simply want us to be like Barca but chelsea will always be CHELSEA! ok? cool

@Nateevs

I hope barca won't come back for Romeu in the nearest future ,

looking at next week carling cup against everton , can Islam Feruz make the bench or is he eligible to play this season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
Not too Fast bro, Feruz will start on a scholarship at Stamford Bridge, but it is thought he will sign a full professional contract once he turns 17. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Dyabman.

Islam will need to prove himself at U18s before he makes it to the reserves. It is only when he makes it to the reserves can he be invited to train with the senior team. Usually that could take around two years. However, players like Kakuta and Joshua in recent times have made that transition in just about a year. I am quite confident he can make that transition quickly because his talent is undeniable. He has to blow away the competition though and the competition includes Jhon Pirez, Lucaz Piazon and Romelu Lukaku.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dyabman(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^

ok great , i can't to see Lucas Piazon in chelsea wonderful talent he is

what is Kalou begging for, we gave hime lots of chance but he failed then he should go!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2011
El Guapo:

"Torres improvement only came after the acquisition of Mata and emergence of Sturridge at the Right flank of our attack hence giving him the confidence to be a shadow of his fmr self"

I didn't see Mata or Sturridge on the pitch yesterday.

The problem was Torres himself. Perhaps the signing of more Iberians (Mata and Meireles) helped him to settle off the pitch and boost his confidence, but once again, Torres poor form on the pitch was due to himself and himself alone. Even a blind man can see since Manure game that Torres seemed to have found more pace , strength and dribbling skills than before. This has nothing to do with someone passing to him or not passing to him. I'm talking of when he finds himself facing a defender by himself.

Fat Frank has NEVER been a problem to anyone at Stamford Bridge in his ten years so Johnny Just Come cannot undo a decade of history.

Mata and Surridge are not his psychologists, besides theres nothing Sturridge would give to Torres that Anelka wont give x 2. Sturridge is more of a soloist whilst Anelka is more of a team player. He also had Mata (+Xavi, Silva, Iniesta, Alonso) etc with him @ Spain and he was still playing like a cripple, so no, the upturn in form is not due to Mata or Sturridge on-field influence but due to Torres himself. The only way Mata has helped Torres is to provide a companion in the dressing room.

Chelsea's Andre Villas-Boas believes Fernando Torres' return to form has nothing to do with arrival of Juan Mata

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2011/10/13/2709868/chelseas-andre-villas-boas-believes-fernando-torres-return

Besides the way una dey shout Mata, Mata since, lemme tell you the truth hombre - Mata is yet to score more than 7/10 in his Chelsea career. I am expecting a lot more!

Torres had to man up after making the complaint cos the spotlight was on him. . . . he had to sink or swim. . . and he swam. Simples!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ibime:

Torres had to man up after making the complaint cos the spotlight was on him. . . . he had to sink or swim. . . and he swam. Simples!

you are fat goat for coming up with this nursery spin!

i am wondering how torres suddenly got the ability to swim without his limbs(since you and dayo rubbished him as a paraplegic)
the people that came up with form is temporary, class is permanent are not stupid. there's no way a player with such immense talents like torres can remain dud forever. chelsea's slow and boring build-up didn't suit torres and that rookie manager(villas-boas) saw that problem.

manager was bold. he benched the big egos - he worked out the combo that would suit torres' style of play and he got the winning formular.
lampard had to step up his game. lampard had to sink or swim(not torres). if the passing is quick, strikers will get chances before defenders regroup.
torres is a world class striker and for £50m, the team should be built around him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2011
coogar:

manager was bold. he benched the big egos - he worked out the combo that would suit torres' style of play and he got the winning formular.
lampard had to step up his game. lampard had to sink or swim(not torres). if the passing is quick, strikers will get chances before defenders regroup.
torres is a world class striker and for £50m, the team should be built around him.

You talking rubbish hombre. . . the Chelsea style of yesterday is the same style we have been playing for the last 3 years. . . . 4-3-3 with wing-backs pushed up. Nothing has changed except Torres.

It was the same style we used when Torres was suspended and its up to Torres to fit in with the players around him, not vice-versa.

Chelsea's "slow and boring" build-up was simply the way we used to play when we were trying to fit Torres in the team and started playing 4-4-2 and other silly formations with Torres and DD upfront, sometimes Torres, DD and Anelka sef.

Imagine nincompoops talking about slow and boring build-up. Does that explain why Torres was unable to run faster than Paulo Ferreira, or why he kept misplacing passes or get swatted off the ball like a fly?

One simple point defeats your whole argument - WHAT BORING AND SLOW FOOTIE WERE SPAIN PLAYING THAT MADE TORRES A DUD?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ibime:

You talking rubbish hombre. . . the Chelsea style of yesterday is the same style we have been playing for the last 3 years. . . . 4-3-3 with wing-backs pushed up. Nothing has changed except Torres.
It was the same style we used when Torres was suspended and its up to Torres to fit in with the players around him, not vice-versa.

who's talking about the formation or tactics? i am talking about the pace at which the ball is moved on the pitch and the smart interplays!

Chelsea's "slow and boring" build-up was simply the way we used to play when we were trying to fit Torres in the team and started playing 4-4-2 and other silly formations with Torres and DD upfront, sometimes Torres, DD and Anelka sef.

and it's the reason you twats have only won 1 title in 4 seasons.
people keep wondering why chelsea keep failing with their array of stars - it's because you often allow teams to regroup their defence while your midfielders are moving the ball about like pregnant slugs. chelsea play like the super eagles.

Imagine nincompoops talking about slow and boring build-up. Does that explain why Torres was unable to run faster than Paulo Ferreira, or why he kept misplacing passes or get swatted off the ball like a fly?

passes get misplaced when a player expects his team-mates to have run a couple of yards ahead and that player is dead on his feet.
seriously, go and watch the way torres played for liverpool. with gerrard and kuyt pinging balls at him quickly. the transition of the ball must be quick to bamboozle defenders - otherwise, it's a futile attempt.

One simple point defeats your whole argument - WHAT BORING AND SLOW FOOTIE WERE SPAIN PLAYING THAT MADE TORRES A DUD?

spain are also very slow. very boring. always trying to walk the ball in the net with their little triangles.
but they can keep possession and that means they will try and try and try again before they breakthrough defences.

go and watch germany vs spain. upon all spain's dominance, they could only score from a corner-kick.
the german team matched their attacking players sweat for sweat and this is because their boring football is too slow. torres cannot work with that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by cabali(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2011
Frank Lampard became complacent at some point, Torres wasn't getting the right support. Then Torres complains, then the team is flooded with Mata, merieles and co.

They came, combined very well with Torres, he starts showing some worth, Lampard gets the bench treatment, sits up and now combines with the front very well, resumes goal scoring and now we are happy!

Who made all this line up properly? AVB!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by cabali(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2011
And where is that retard, SWITCH?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chrisical(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2011
I'm hearing Josh could go out on loan to Swansea city.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
So where's Ibime and Dayo creaming last week over Bolton beating 'Wigan'?
I asked them to only put forward an argument when they beat a mid-table team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.