Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 (22140 Views)

Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / 2023: NGF Insists On Producing President From Fold, Takes On APC, PDP / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2021
Masterkernel1:
Can't believe a man as verse as Dave, wants to believe Igbos will be given presidential ticket under APC.

Dave Umahi may actually be the candidate of the APC. Never say never in politics.

The man has shot himself into National limelight. Before 2021, only Igbos and few other Nigerians who served in Ebonyi State knew him but this has changed when he joined the APC.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2021
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool maybe they should give it to the likes of peter obi .igbos may be what these country need as a president if there is any thing left to progress this nation. But not any igbo .you dont give to the like of orji uzo kalu or okorocha

You mean APC should give it's presidential ticket to the PDP vice-presidential candidate?

Why not be bold enough to ask the PDP to give it's presidential ticket to a younger and vibrant Peter Obi instead of Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
Ignorance.
Mko abiola defeated a northerner
Obasanjo defeated a northerner
Jonathan defeated a northerner

It was easy cos they inheritted a political structure from a party with good political machinery.

It is only ignorant like you think nigeria election is only about northern votes. Why didnt northern votes elect buhari after loosing 3 times?

Come 2023 APC southern candidate will trash whosoever pdp brings whether atiku or tambuwal.

APC has the political structure, whoever inherit it will win 2023.

You have a good understanding of Nigerian politics.

If Buhari had contested the 2015 election on the plateform of SDP, APGA or Labour party ,he would have lost.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:39am On Sep 04, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
The reality is that SE won't vote for APC but will vote PDP. It will be naive and political suicide if the APC plays into the hands of PDP by going to contest against PDP on the strong political turf of PDP.
The reality is that APC will lose against PDP if it choses its flagbearer from the SE. SE is a stronghold of the PDP. The best bet for APC is to choose from the SW while the PDP choose its candidate from the SE.

And besides, there is no strong SE candidate in the APC. Any attempts to impose an unpopular candidate from the S/East (or even any part) on the APC will cause cracks in the party that will have way for the PDP to defeat it.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Babaken(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2021
You are a MUMU man
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Yankee101: 9:56am On Sep 04, 2021
You take it

You don't beg for it

It starts with igbos having one voice
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by specialmati(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2021
oyatz:

You mean APC should give it's presidential ticket to the PDP vice-presidential candidate?

Why not be bold enough to ask the PDP to give it's presidential ticket to a younger and vibrant Peter Obi instead of Atiku?
cool cool i said they should give it to the like of peter obi in apc not thieves like orji uzo and okorocha s them.if they want to field in igbo candidate.if pdp like make them no give igbo their ticket they will loose again.but not any igbo
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by FakeUnity: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2021
seunmsg:

Same way some of us will feel bad if PDP denies Igbos the chance of producing the party’s presidential candidate in 2023 despite voting overwhelmingly for the party since 1999. grin

Since when did your rabid anti-Igbo skull start sympathizing with Igbos? Or is because you think a yoruba APC candidate stands a better chance against an SE PDP candidate than an Arewa candidate?

Yoro-mugu fooling himself thinking he is fooling everyone else. Better concentrate on your blackmail clamour for oduduwa republic. yoruba presidency you no go smell again. grin
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2021
onuman:
[
I am just telling you the realities of Nigeria, there is no unity in Nigeria and Nigerian Politics niow more than ever is about tribe. Unfortunately, the Ibos are the very people who have trapped us all in this contraption due to the law they passed when they seized power briefly under Ironsi and which the North kept once they realized it favoured them.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by DEROX: 11:29am On Sep 04, 2021
grin grin Wit this one think say dem go give them lol even PDP no try am but wait even if they are given i would love to see how northerners will vote them
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2021
START FEELING BAG COS IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by proeast(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
“ If I follow APC for this length of time and they don’t give South-East an opportunity, I will feel bad. I will feel bad but what I will do if I stayed this length of time like I stayed in PDP and that happened, I wouldn’t be able to change. It depends on what God places in my mind. But I feel strongly that the future of this country is in the hand of God and what pleases God He will do”. ~~Dave Umahi.

Not a few Nigerians are dum.b, they always act impulsively without considering boomerang effect. They accuse Igbos of wanting to leave Nigeria and at the same time still encourage a gang up against them.

The war ended in 1970 and Igbos did all they could to reintegrate with Nigeria. However, the favour was never returned, those that believed they won the war errorneously thought they could perpetually make Igbos suffer the consequences forever. Alas, like how the cookie crumbles, they forgot there could be a sucker punch.

I can bet a million naira that the last straw that will break the carmel's back is come 2023 and Igbos are sidelined, whether by hook or crook. The domino effect is going to be like a psunami and it will definitely sink Nigeria. This is not a threat nor wishful thinking but a permutation any smart political observer can deduce easily.

Many people rightly observed that Biafra agitation spiked immediately after Goodluck Jonathan left office and Buhari emerged with a worldview against Igbos. To Igbos, GEJ represented a new Nigeria that is inclusive for all while Buhari represented a return to the old Nigeria that is anti-Igbo. As a result, many of the Igbo masses lost faith in Nigeria. Today, it's mainly the Igbo political class that still believes in Nigeria. If Nigerians are smart people, they would have looked for ways to reintegrate the Igbo masses but unfortunately, they're not.

By 2023, the Igbo elite will have no other option than to align with the Igbo masses in pushing for break-up, because it would finally down on them that they would never be accepted fully in Nigeria again. The situation in the North and the collapse of our economy will even make it easier for Igbos to deal a sucker punch on Nigeria post 2023. Personally, I don't really think having an Igbo man in Aso rock will make any significant difference because Nigeria is already a dead horse. I even want the presidency to elude Igbos so that the country's break-up will be expedited. However, it is ironical that while Igbos who want Nigeria to break up ASAP are smart enough to be against Igbo presidency, those other Nigerians that want the country to remain one against all odds are still the ones preaching against or hoping that no Igbo man will be elected as president. I laugh because people perish for lack of knowledge.

Now look at that quote from Umahi I highlighted in the first paragraph and read between the lines. He already said every smart political pundit already knows. In other words, he is saying that only God knows what the situation would be like post 2023 without an Igbo president.

If you think that what IPOB is doing is hurting Nigeria's corporate then wait for post 2023 and see what is going to happen.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by ultimateprof: 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2021
Politically Dave umahi is not yet matured. In politics, there is no feelings and conscience and that is what the north have.

Dear Dave, please wake up!
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by onuman: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2021
Deadlytruth:

And you have forgotten that Nigeria was detailed into this ignominious path of dysfunctionality by a collection of Igbos who derailed democracy, introduced military rule into our national lives and destroyed the pristine constitution we started with at independence. So how exactly is an anticipated Igbo rule in 2023 not going to cause a repetition of that bad experience?

Nigeria armed forces organized a military coup. The organizers were Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa Fulanis, etc.
Dishonest people like you turned the coup story into an Igbo coup.

After the coup, the north wanted to secede from Nigeria. The army HoS then Aguiyi Ironsi, proclaimed a Decree that took some little more powers from the regional governments, in order for the Aguiyi led government to preserve one Nigeria.
People of your type later told the untrue story that Igbos cancelled regional government system.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by nku5: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://independent.ng/i-will-feel-bad-if-apc-denies-igbos-opportunity-of-producing-president-in-2023-umahi/

Umahi is a real buffoon grin

When they were doing python dance and killing igbo kids for waving flags e no pain you. Selfish buffoon
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by dheilaw1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
kingsways:

If that is the case, thunder will fire you people
lol
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
This idiot joined APC for the ticket..
E go shock you and all igbos in the party..

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by tolaswim: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
You never see anything Oga...You are yet to understand Nigeria politics. Wait and see
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Cherub001(m): 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ovamboland:

Minorities have ruled Nigeria longer than any major ethnic group. Tafawa Balewa, Yakubu Gowon, Babangida, Abacha, Abulsalam, Jonathan are all from minority groups. Total of 35 years between them. No majority ethnic group led the country close to that.

Any minority or majority person interested in running the country should align, cooperate and work hard. Blackmail and insults won't deliver leadership to anyone.

And who made those groups minority groups? Buhari??
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Deadlytruth(m): 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2021
onuman:

Nigeria armed forces organized a military coup. The organizers were Igbos, Yorubas, Hausa Fulanis, etc.
Dishonest people like you turned the coup story into an Igbo coup.

After the coup, the north wanted to secede from Nigeria. The army HoS then Aguiyi Ironsi, proclaimed a Decree that took some little more powers from the regional governments, in order for the Aguiyi led government to preserve one Nigeria.
People of your type later told the untrue story that Igbos cancelled regional government system.
So Nzeogwu who was himself a direct participant in the coup lied when, in an interview with Ejindu, said "At the core of the plot were just five of us (in obvious reference to himself, Okafor, Ifeajuna, Nwatuegwu and Adegboyega).? Apart from Adegboyega, which of these names was not Igbo or at least Igboid?

Then are you also suggesting that Nzeogwu lied again when Ejindu asked him about the ethnic agenda undertone in the execution of the coup and in response he said; "in the North, no but in the South, yes"? If you want the full interview excerpts, I will gladly furnish you with it here. In essence it was Nzeogwu a participant himself who told the whole world that it was an Igbo coup as against your revisionism that it was from so-called dishonest people. I repeat, if you want a link to the interview in which Nzeogwu laid it bare in unequivocal terms that it was an Igbo coup, I will gladly furnish you with it here and now.
On your attempt to whitewash Ironsi and rationalize his wicked, demonic and Igbo agenda focused decrees, you need to ask yourself how it made common sense for him to make decrees which took more powers to the center when the remote cause of the crisis all over the country at that point in time was the abuse of powers at that very center by Balewa.
So if you yourself were to be opportuned to become president of Nigeria under the present circumstance of serious abuse of powers at the center by the Fulanis, you would further take powers from the states and transfer them to the Federal Government just because you want one-Nigeria? Are you sure you are for real? Let us assume now that Tinubu becomes president in 2023 and then on assumption of office he begins to make polices that gives more powers to the FG in the name of seeking national unity, won't you see it as a purely Yoruba domination agenda clothed in the garb of national unity quest? All logical analyses always prove that Ironsi acted against common sense in pursuit of a very sinister agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by onuman: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Deadlytruth:

So Nzeogwu who was himself a direct participant in the coup lied when, in an interview with Ejindu, said "At the core of the plot were just five of us (in obvious reference to himself, Okafor, Ifeajuna, Nwatuegwu and Adegboyega).? Apart from Adegboyega, which of these names was not Igbo or at least Igboid?

Then are you also suggesting that Nzeogwu lied again when Ejindu asked him about the ethnic agenda undertone in the execution of the coup and in response he said; "in the North, no but in the South, yes"? If you want the full interview excerpts, I will gladly furnish you with it here. In essence it was Nzeogwu a participant himself who told the whole world that it was an Igbo coup as against your revisionism that it was from so-called dishonest people. I repeat, if you want a link to the interview in which Nzeogwu laid it bare in unequivocal terms that it was an Igbo coup, I will gladly furnish you with it here and now.
On your attempt to whitewash Ironsi and rationalize his wicked, demonic and Igbo agenda focused decrees, you need to ask yourself how it made common sense for him to make decrees which took more powers to the center when the remote cause of the crisis all over the country at that point in time was the abuse of powers at that very center by Balewa.
So if you yourself were to be opportuned to become president of Nigeria under the present circumstance of serious abuse of powers at the center by the Fulanis, you would further take powers from the states and transfer them to the Federal Government just because you want one-Nigeria? Are you sure you are for real? Let us assume now that Tinubu becomes president in 2023 and then on assumption of office he begins to make polices that gives more powers to the FG in the name of seeking national unity, won't you see it as a purely Yoruba domination agenda clothed in the garb of national unity quest? All logical analyses always prove that Ironsi acted against common sense in pursuit of a very sinister agenda.

Look the meaning of the word “agenda “ in the dictionary. Was there any day Igbos met and gave Ironsi an agenda to take more powers from the regional governments?
Never. Your uninformed use of the phrase: “Igbo agenda “ is devious. Till today, Ironsi is not respected by Igbos because of his private agenda in taking more powers from the regions. Where have you seen Aguiyi Ironsi monument in Igbo land except in his Umuahia hometown where a street was named after his name?

Same goes for your Nzeogwu you said was on Igbo agenda with the military coup of Nigeria’s armed forces planned as you accepted by Igbo and non Igbo soldiers. Igbo leaders at the time did not meet and gave any Igbo soldier an agenda to organize a military coup. Igbo soldiers halted the coup, made the coup unsuccessful; you ignore that aspect of the coup. If the coup was an Igbo agenda, why then would Igbo soldiers halt the coup?

People of your sort have clutched tight to the fact that the coup plotters failed to kill Azikiwe and other Igbo leaders as an alibi for making the coup an Igbo coup.

By the way, since Nigeria’s independence, no Igbo has led Nigeria except the six months of Ironsi. Nigeria is under the gutters. You still clutch tight to, and live on the past events of the 1960s as excuse to continue to exclude Igbo from apex political leadership of Nigeria. Good luck to you.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by JordanMichael(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
I'm neither APC nor PDP supporter but deep down your heart you know APC neither PDP will make any South East candidate presidential flag bearer
Eastlink:
But slavery in PDP is cool right. Ask PDP for your ticket and be bold as men. Where's Peter Obi the weakling when you need him, I guess he's begging Wike to cede him the VP slot.
Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Eastlink(m): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
JordanMichael:
I'm neither APC nor PDP supporter but deep down your heart you know APC neither PDP will make any South East candidate presidential flag bearer
Are you a stakeholder in the both parties? Please allow the politicians do their thing.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 by Deadlytruth(m): 12:46am On Sep 10, 2021
onuman:

Look the meaning of the word “agenda “ in the dictionary. Was there any day Igbos met and gave Ironsi an agenda to take more powers from the regional governments?
Never. Your uninformed use of the phrase: “Igbo agenda “ is devious. Till today, Ironsi is not respected by Igbos because of his private agenda in taking more powers from the regions. Where have you seen Aguiyi Ironsi monument in Igbo land except in his Umuahia hometown where a street was named after his name?

Same goes for your Nzeogwu you said was on Igbo agenda with the military coup of Nigeria’s armed forces planned as you accepted by Igbo and non Igbo soldiers. Igbo leaders at the time did not meet and gave any Igbo soldier an agenda to organize a military coup. Igbo soldiers halted the coup, made the coup unsuccessful; you ignore that aspect of the coup. If the coup was an Igbo agenda, why then would Igbo soldiers halt the coup?

People of your sort have clutched tight to the fact that the coup plotters failed to kill Azikiwe and other Igbo leaders as an alibi for making the coup an Igbo coup.

By the way, since Nigeria’s independence, no Igbo has led Nigeria except the six months of Ironsi. Nigeria is under the gutters. You still clutch tight to, and live on the past events of the 1960s as excuse to continue to exclude Igbo from apex political leadership of Nigeria. Good luck to you.
If the coup didn't have an Igbo agenda behind it, then why did Igbo civilians celebrate the coup in Northern cities like Kaduna and Kano?
If Aguiyi Ironsi's centralization of powers and revenue sources was not based on an Igbo agenda, then how come the decrees through which he made and executed those policies were formulated based on the advice of his Igbo dominated set of advisers like Nwabueze, Nwokedi, etc? How come Ironsi himself was illegally handed power by another Igbo man, Nwafor Orizu, as against the Dipcharima thrown up constitutionally by the parliamentarians as Balewa's replacement?
How come when Ironsi began to centralize everything and other tribes were either staging riots or demonstrations against it, no single individual or group from Igbo land publicly denounced Ironsi let alone stage a demonstration against him? Rather there was a very loud conspiratorial silence from all over Igbo land. I hope you recall that silence is consent?
The biggest joke ever told about Ironsi is that he stopped the coup, and here is what makes it an award-winning joke:
A coup kills democracy and replaces it with military rule. Now, Nzeogwu and co had through their coup tried to introduce military rule. Ironsi "intervened" but ended up introducing military rule himself. So what was the difference? His intervention produced exactly the same end result as Nzeogwu's action would have produced, i.e. military rule and death of democracy. So how did he stop the coup in principle? It is like thief A robs you of your money at gunpoint and on his way to enjoy the money he forced out of you, thief B waylaid him, robbed him of the money and made away with it, then you the original and actual victim begins to eulogize thief B for stopping thief A from robbing you when it is not as if thief B returned your money to you after forcing it out of their A. Does that make sense on your part as the victim? Had Ironsi ended up giving power back to civilians immediately after frustrating Nzeogwu and co, only then would it have made sense that he stopped the coup. And for that he would have become Nigeria's all time greatest hero of democracy and nation building with a lot of monuments named after him and his image on Naira note, and by so doing entrenching discipline and professionalism in the Nigerian Army as against the indiscipline and irritating corruption within the ranks and file of the armed forces today. Anyhow you look at it, Ironsi's tenure, short as it was, committed very fundamental blunders which served and still serve as the foundation of everything wrong with Nigeria till today.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Christianity Is Endangered Under The APC / Benue Cargo Airport: Sultan Of Sokoto Is Ignorant – Ortom / We Don’t Know Whether Tompolo Is Dead – Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.