Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? (4444 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / 94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 6:23am On May 26, 2022
Jesus is the son of God. He is not the Father.
Let’s be clear on that.

Psalms 110 v 1
The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”

Matthew 22 v 41-46;
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.
43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,
44 “‘The LORD said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’
45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”
46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Observe carefully, when David was in the Spirit in Psalms 110 v 1, he referred to Jesus as Lord, not “LORD”

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:

God the father does nothing apart from the Son

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father". Matthew 24:36

It seems there's a contradiction somewhere! smiley

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by chatinent: 8:57am On May 26, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Simply put, Jesus is the physical manifestation of God in the flesh. He has the very nature and essence of God. He is a God being just as we are human beings.

It was his father that spoke. And his father in heaven is one with his son on earth.

Hence, Jesus said, if you want to see the father, look at me.

So, he is the image of the invisible God. He is not the father. He is the Son. But the son and the father are one. And they are both God in nature.

It does not mean that there are two Gods.

There is one God. But that one God is invisible. If you want to see him, look at Jesus. God the father does nothing apart from the Son and the Son, Jesus does nothing apart from the father.

It was for the purpose of saving us that he had to take up the nature of man. Otherwise, he has been in the same class as God from the beginning.

He existed before all things and without him, nothing was created.
You are just confusing yourself. How do you explain that to a 7year old?

Jesus is not God! How can you be saying he is God and he is the son. And the father sent the son, and the son came down to obey the father. Na wa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by kkins25(m): 9:02am On May 26, 2022
chatinent:

Jesus is not God! How can you be saying he is God and he is the son. And the father sent the son, and the son came down to obey the father. Na wa o
The concept is the most delusional I've ever come across.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:15am On May 26, 2022
RepoMan007:
I am sure "earth" and "heaven" too are man made words. I get you.
Oga, you don't get me.
Go to any Greek Interlinear Bible, "theiotes" is not 'Godhead'.

Divine nature, divinity (a god/goddess) is not Godhead.
The screenshot explains it,if you want to learn.

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:21am On May 26, 2022
OkCornel:
Jesus is the son of God. He is not the Father.
Let’s be clear on that.

Psalms 110 v 1
The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”

Matthew 22 v 41-46;
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.
43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,
44 “‘The LORD said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’
45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”
46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Observe carefully, when David was in the Spirit in Psalms 110 v 1, he referred to Jesus as Lord, not “LORD”

Yahweh/Jehovah was substituted with LORD everywhere in the old and new testament.
'Lord' in small letters refers to Jesus Christ.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

Yahweh/Jehovah was substituted with LORD everywhere in the old and new testament.
'Lord' in small letters refers to Jesus Christ.
Exactly.

Included that in my last paragraph.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by orisa37: 3:07pm On May 26, 2022
PANTAMI'S DIGITAL ARRANGEMENTS.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by cornelboy(f): 5:38pm On May 26, 2022
kkins25:

I laugh when they say JWs were brainwashed whereas, they are the ones brainwashed with dogmas (false unscriptural doctrines) grin

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06pm On May 26, 2022
When you consider it carefully you'll pity them!
cornelboy:

I laugh when they say JWs were brainwashed whereas, they are the ones brainwashed with dogmas grin

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 7:17pm On May 26, 2022
chatinent:
You are just confusing yourself.

When you don't even understand his point in the first place.

How do you explain that to a 7year old?

Even a 5 years old will grab it than 7 years old

Jesus is not God!

But your translation even said He is "A GOD"

So how can you open your mouth to say Jesus isn't God?

How can you be saying he is God and he is the son.

The Bible says so not him!

Besides, Jesus is the son of God when he became part of the creation.

And the father sent the son

Is it a new thing to you?

and the son came down to obey the father. Na wa o

No! The Word who became the Son CAME down.

Do you understand now?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 7:58pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father". Matthew 24:36

It seems there's a contradiction somewhere! smiley

Going by your logic, then the Father doesn't know all things because

Rev 19 NWT
11 I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse.+ And the one seated on it is called Faithful+ and True,+ and he judges and carries on war in righteousness.+ 12 His eyes are a fiery flame,+ and on his head are many diadems.* He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained* with blood, and he is called by the name The Word+ of God.

@bolded does Jehovah know all things?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:01pm On May 26, 2022
chatinent:

You lack common sense. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father. But the Father is God and the Son is also God.

There is no where in the bible that says God is one person. If there is can you pls show me?...Use your translation
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:03pm On May 26, 2022
kkins25:

There is nothing delusional about it. It is bible fact. Jesus is God but he is not the Father and this is scripturally proven.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:04pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

Oga, you don't get me.
Go to any Greek Interlinear Bible, "theiotes" is not 'Godhead'.

Divine nature, divinity (a god/goddess) is not Godhead.
The screenshot explains it,if you want to learn.

Oga greek interlinear......can you show me where the bible says God is one person
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:06pm On May 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Exactly.

Included that in my last paragraph.

JW delusional follower. Jesus is God. God is one but exist in three persons
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

Going by your logic, then the Father doesn't know all things because
Rev 19 NWT
11 I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse.+ And the one seated on it is called Faithful+ and True,+ and he judges and carries on war in righteousness.+ 12 His eyes are a fiery flame,+ and on his head are many diadems.* He has a name written that no one knows but he himself, 13 and he is clothed with an outer garment stained* with blood, and he is called by the name The Word+ of God.
@bolded does Jehovah know all things?

Who GAVE him the name? smiley

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:17pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who GAVE him the name? smiley

@ bolded says no one knows but he himself. So your question is irrelevant.

Now on one know apart from himself....does Jehovah know the name ?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

A child is named by the father so logically the father (Jehovah) knows whatever name His son bears! smiley

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 8:29pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

1. Provide evidence I’m a JW

2. Feel free to argue with David and Jesus in Psalms 110 v 1 and Matthew 22 v 41-46.

How many beings did David see when he was in the spirit?

Religious zealotry is a terrible thing.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:31pm On May 26, 2022
OkCornel:

2. Feel free to argue with David and Jesus in Psalms 110 v 1 and Matthew 22 v 41-46.

As long as you're not in tune with the common delusion that led to contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines in their churches, you must be one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:44pm On May 26, 2022
OkCornel:

Hahaha..This is easy. I am going to use your New World Translation to bury you and your lies.

Now here it comes

Rev 5:13 NWT
13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth+ and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne+ and to the Lamb+ be the blessing and the honor+ and the glory and the might forever and ever.”+ 14 The four living creatures were saying: “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

Here is my proof that Jesus is God from your own bible:

1. Jesus receives the same worship that is given to Jehovah. This is seen in the scripture quoted above. Every creature in heaven, on earth, under the sea give the same glory and honor that is due to Jehovah also Jesus.

If Jesus is not God, then this will be idolatry.

2. We have every creature on one side and Jehovah and Jesus on the other side. This clearly shows Jesus is not a creature, if he was then he will be part of every creature. But he is not.

Now here comes my questions

1. Why is Jesus not part of every creature if he is a creature?

2. Why does Jesus receive the same Glory, Honor, Blessings and adoration given to Jehovah?

When you can answer these questions, then you will have sense. Waiting for your answers

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:46pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

A child is named by the father so logically the father (Jehovah) knows whatever name His son bears! smiley

But that is not what the text says. However if you are correct, can you tell me why your own translation says that no one else knows the name except Jesus?

Are you trying to say there's an error in the bible ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:15pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

But that is not what the text says. However if you are correct, can you tell me why your own translation says that no one else knows the name except Jesus?

Are you trying to say there's an error in the bible ?
freshboi88:

This boi don't confuse yourself.

John 17:7
"Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you"

The name nobody knows, in context,no human knows, that name is a Gift GIVEN to Jesus Christ.

This boi, apostle John wrote Jesus statements @ John 17:7 & Revelation 19:12.

Don't forget. grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:31pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

Hahaha..This is easy. I am going to use your New World Translation to bury you and your lies.

Now here it comes

13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth+ and on the sea, and all the things in them, saying: “To the One sitting on the throne+ and to the Lamb+ be the blessing and the honor+ and the glory and the might forever and ever.”+ 14 The four living creatures were saying: “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshipped.

This boi, STOP repeating this GIBBERISH.
BishopKingsley your fellow 3 deities devotees & Trinitarians already PROVEN that @Revelation 5:13-14, Worship is NOT for Jesus.

freshboi88:

1. Jesus receives the same worship that is given to Jehovah. This is seen in the scripture quoted above. Every creature in heaven, on earth, under the sea give the same glory and honor that is due to Jehovah also Jesus.

Your claim is false.
Why is the same ghost your holy deity given you & BishopKingsley CONFLICTING information on Revelation 5:13-14?

freshboi88:

2. We have every creature on one side and Jehovah and Jesus on the other side. This clearly shows Jesus is not a creature, if he was then he will be part of every creature. But he is not.

2. Why does Jesus receive the same Glory, Honor, Blessings and adoration given to Jehovah?

When you can answer these questions, then you will have sense. Waiting for your answers
Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is a creature,na your Bible talk am.
Why Freshboi dey change am with false claims?

Your fellow 3 deities devotees /Trinitarians (in screenshot) say your claim is false.
This boi,go and rest. grin

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:35pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

freshboi88:

Oga greek interlinear......can you show me where the bible says God is one person
John 4:24, according to Jesus & your Bible ,God Almighty is how many persons?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by chatinent: 9:38pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

You lack common sense. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father. But the Father is God and the Son is also God.

There is no where in the bible that says God is one person. If there is can you pls show me?...Use your translation

You are the one you needs your intro comment more.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 9:57pm On May 26, 2022
Emusan:

When you don't even understand his point in the first place.

Even a 5 years old will grab it than 7 years old

But your translation even said He is "A GOD"

So how can you open your mouth to say Jesus isn't God?

The Bible says so not him!
John 10:33 & John 1:1 , 1 Corinthians 8:6,The Jews
John and Paul knew Jesus is a god (in the screenshot).
Emusan pls REPENT.
cheesy
Emusan:

Besides, Jesus is the son of God when he became part of the creation.

Is it a new thing to you?

No! The Word who became the Son CAME down.

Do you understand now?

Stop LYING, Mr LIENUS.

"Ho Theos (the God) sent his son born of a woman", Galatians 4:4.
Jesus Christ is a Son before his earthly birth by Mary.

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 10:09pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

Now here it comes

All your questions are unnecessary.

Go over my first post on this thread. Jesus is not the Father. Period.

You don’t read at all.

And when you understand the Oneness of God from a unity perspective rather than a number perspective, then you will have clarity.

John 17 v 21-23;
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

As you can see in the bolded part above, Jesus was praying for believers to “be one”, just as “he and the father are one”.

So straightforward. If you read my first post on this thread, it’s clear Jesus is not the Father…so I have no idea what your argument is about
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:17pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

This boi don't confuse yourself.

John 17:7
"Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you"

The name nobody knows, in context,no human knows, that name is a Gift GIVEN to Jesus Christ.

This boi, apostle John wrote Jesus statements @ John 17:7 & Revelation 19:12.

Don't forget. grin

Can you show me where it says no human knows..... That is your own interpretation.

You believe Jesus doesn't know the day or the hour?....However your own bible contradicts itself;

John 16: 9 His disciples said: “See! Now you are speaking plainly and are not using comparisons. 30 Now we know that you know all things and you do not need to have anyone question you. By this we believe that you came from God.”

Your Bible says Jesus knows all things...Is the day and the hour part of all things? Or it is not ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 10:20pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:
John 10:33 & John 1:1 , 1 Corinthians 8:6,The Jews
John and Paul knew Jesus is a god (in the screenshot)

So what is the difference between "A God" and "God"?

He'll soon shot himself in the leg now cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Emusan pls REPENT.

Is that the new tactics cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Stop LYING, Mr LIENUS.

Stop your delusion JaNosenses cheesy grin cheesy grin

"Ho Theos (the God) sent his son born of a woman", Galatians 4:4.

I know you don't understand scripture but I'll continue to teach you

[color=blue]But when the time was right, God sent his Son, and a woman gave birth to him. His Son obeyed the Law, Gal 4:4 CEV[color]

So you can see, it was Son before coming.

Jesus Christ is a Son before his earthly birth by Mary.[/b]

Liar?

He was The Word of God.

Reason why The Word and not SON became Flesh!
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:23pm On May 26, 2022
OkCornel:

All your questions are unnecessary.

Go over my first post on this thread. Jesus is not the Father. Period.

You don’t read at all.

And when you understand the Oneness of God from a unity perspective rather than a number perspective, then you will have clarity.

John 17 v 21-23;
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one
23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

As you can see in the bolded part above, Jesus was praying for believers to “be one”, just as “he and the father are one”.

So straightforward. If you read my first post on this thread, it’s clear Jesus is not the Father…so I have no idea what your argument is about

No Trinitarian believes that Jesus is the Father. If you think that Jesus is the Father is what Trinity teaches then go and learn more about the Trinity doctrine. Then you would come to the knowledge that the Jehovah the God of Israel is a Triune God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Religion A Business? / Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. / How Do Atheists Determine What Is Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.