Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? (4482 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / 94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
BassReeves:
I'll just give you the below attached pic of Shem Tob’s Matthew Gospel that does not have the part with, 'Father the Son and Holy Spirit' in it as a taster, as I wouldnt want to lean too heavy on you with evidences of others that's plentifully available.

For your info, the below attached picture of the Shem Tob’s Matthew Gospel, is a manuscript of Matthew in Hebrew from 1385 and some theologians believe it is a copy of the original one that was passed down. Note that KJV was only translated in 1611 and that KJV is not infallible nor faultless

Deuteronomy 4:2
'You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you.'

Deuteronomy 12:32
'So be careful to obey all the commands I give you. You must not add anything to them or subtract anything from them.'
Research instead to see that its glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there in Matthew 28:19

Maybe the perpetrator(s) isnt familiar with Proverbs 30:6, that says:
'Do not add to His words, (i.e. Jesus' words) or He will reprimand you, and you will be found to be a liar'

Quran 2:79
'Woe, then, unto those who write down, with their own hands, [something which they claim to be] divine writ, and then say. "This is from God," in order to acquire a trifling gain thereby; woe, then, unto them for what their hands have written, and woe unto them for all that they may have gained'

Beloved Bishopkingsley, if Matthew 28:19 in its entirety is true, genuine and as you claim, Jesus did command the disciples to baptise 'i[i]n the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit[/i]' then why would Peter in Acts 2:38 go against Jesus' command and baptise in only Jesus' name and alone?

Our discussion is about that place you claim is a lone scripture forget about whether it in the original manuscript or not that is your prerogative I chose to believe it what Jesus said in fact am so intoxicated about Bible that I refuse to believe that there is one mistake in the Bible

now you are free to not be like me but for me Bible is so complete and perfect just like Paul said if we hear he appears and tells us that so and so place was not in the Bible that we should not believe him if he appears to say that so what your saying now is too late

for me the Bible is absolutely complete the English version of King James is perfect God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words trust in the book so am sorry my brother I won't believe you or an angel

I told you it not a lone scripture and I can show you lone scripture so we can cancel them since your evidence of it not been in the mouth of other witnesses is the problem at bay (which is a joke I said that to wake you up for you to tell me hey we can't cancel lone scriptures rather you turned the table on me) but

I never said am going to add or remove so try not to lay false evidence against me

if not that I have low battery I would sit to find lone verse you and I must delete since you say you don't want scriptures that are lone and which other versions don't have I will do the research
I will still do that in the future but

Now let use this place to show you how church is built and how it relates to that place in Matthew this below is another brother verse to the Matthew but here it not about baptism but about the main reason why Jesus came to build his church so here we can see the name used

John 14:26
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

This three places pin point where Jesus equally placed the name in which we ought to use when doing the things of God

The things of God is not only about baptism because the thief on the cross only believed and still made heaven so baptism is just to experience fulfilled life and rain on earth and become mature like Christ

So those above scriptures still hold water since you refuse to accept the Matthew part right

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by chatinent: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What baffles me is how they're never remorseful when lying against God's Holy Spirit!
Jesus said
"go out there and make disciples of people from all nations and TEACH them" Matthew 28:19-20
But when misinformed churchgoers are stuck in their delusion then they'll tell the person they're supposed to TEACH that it's God's Holy Spirit that should do that job after they've complicated everything for themselves! cheesy

This is very simply enough even an INSANE can unravel this!

Jesus is standing with John the baptist when another Person spoke from heaven saying:

“This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved" Matthew 3:17

And these people are here spewing gibberish all because they've been blinded by their TRINITY, which is not found anywhere in the Bible!

So when they're confused and failed to go further in their stupidity then they'll turn to the Holy Spirit that they've abandoned to help them in convincing a sane individual to join in their stupidity! embarassed

As in eh.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
chatinent:

As in eh.
That's why they'll buy any idea no matter how stupid as long as the person bringing the idea bow before their TRINITY! cheesy

2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by chatinent: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's why they'll buy any idea no matter how stupid as long as the person bringing the idea bow for their TRINITY! cheesy

I dey tell you.

Simple question, they'll blindfold it with “the Bible is a mystery, you won't understand.”

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by 0lisehMusic(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
Jesus Christ is the wisdom of God in Proverbs; He's the word of God (in John). He's the Lord, and He's God! (Luke 4:cool.

Generally speaking, a lord is someone with authority, control, or power over others; to say that someone is “lord” is to consider that person a master or ruler of some kind. In Jesus’ day the word lord was often used as a title of respect toward earthly authorities; when the leper called Jesus “Lord” in Matthew 8:2, he was showing Jesus respect as a healer and teacher (see also Matthew 8:25 and 15:25).

However, after the resurrection, the title “Lord,” as applied to Jesus, became much more than a title of honor or respect. Saying, “Jesus is Lord,” became a way of declaring Jesus’ deity. It began with Thomas’ exclamation when Jesus appeared to the disciples after His resurrection: “Thomas said to him, ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28). From then on, the apostles’ message was that Jesus is Lord, meaning “Jesus is God.”

Peter’s sermon on the Day of Pentecost contained that theme: “Let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah” (Acts 2:36). Later, in Cornelius’s house, Peter declared that Jesus is “Lord of all” (Acts 10:36). Note how in Romans 10:9 Jesus’ lordship is linked to His resurrection: “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”

The statement “Jesus is Lord” means that Jesus is God. Jesus has “all authority in heaven and on earth” (Matthew 28:18). He is Lord of the Sabbath (Luke 6:5). He is “our only Sovereign and Lord” (Jude 1:4). He is, in fact, the Lord of lords (Revelation 17:14).

Jesus referred to Himself as “Lord” many times (Luke 19:31; John 13:13, to mention a few). And when we compare the Old Testament with the New, we find several times when the “LORD” (Yahweh) of the Hebrew Bible is equated with the “Lord Jesus” by the apostles. For example, Psalm 34:8 says, “Taste and see that the LORD is good,” and that passage is alluded to in 1 Peter 2:3, except there Jesus is the “Lord” who is good. Isaiah 8:13 says that “the LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy”; in 1 Peter 3:15 we are commanded, “In your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy” (ESV).

Amazingly, the Lord Jesus left His exalted position in heaven and came to earth to save us. In His Incarnation, He showed us what true meekness looks like (see Matthew 11:29). Just before His arrest, Jesus used His power and authority to teach us humility: “Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet” (John 13:14). The last will be first, according to our Lord (Matthew 19:30).

Jesus is the son of GOD (John 3:16, 17:3, Matt 27:54, Mark 1:1, 5:7), He is God - one with GOD! (John 10:30), He is God and also Man; just as we are gods and men (John 10:34).

Satan knows that Jesus is His Lord (in Luke 4), yet try to tempt him because he was now in the form of a man (with hope that the son of man - Jesus will fall for his deceits and temptations, but Jesus reminded him of the scripture never to tempt his Lord, his God) - Luke 4:8. This is another proof that Jesus is God; He said it again for emphasis in Luke 4:12 (if it wasn't true, the accuser of brethren, Satan, will not obey, and wouldn't flee).

So, in the form of man, Jesus is the son of God (John 3:16) - His mission on earth: to save men from the captivity of the devil, and to reconnect men back to God.

Jesus is Lord (meaning Jesus is God) In Heaven, and here on earth where men and the devil dwells (Matt 4:7,10), the devil knows this!

Practically, He was sent to save man (the sinners) on earth; while on earth, he prayed to God the father, and steadily interceding on behalf of man at the right hand of the father, after his death and resurrection on earth.

God is Trinity: God the father, God the son (Jesus), and God the Holy spirit. The 3 are the same, well represented in the beginning of creation, and now!

God (Jesus and the Holy spirit) practically was in control in the days of old (God led the Israelites, before choosing Moses and others to be the physical leaders, prophets, priests and kings). Jesus also was in action in the old testament as revealed in the book of Daniel (when the 3 Hebrews boys were thrown in the furnace of fire - they became 4, Jesus was the fourth, physically revealing himself to the king in the old testament). Likewise in the old testament, The spirit of God (the Holy spirit was upon David when he was anointed as King). One way or the other, the Trinity was revealed in both the old testament and new.

The surname our father bares, as sons we bear also. Jesus is GOD and Lord over all. He's given all powers; that at the mention of His name, every knee must bow, and every tongues confess...

Oliseh - @OlisehMusic

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 2:23am On Sep 10, 2021
BassReeves:
It actually was a rhetorical question. It was asked to make a point, rather than elicit a counter response, reply or answer

Matthew 18:16
'...‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’'

I am sure you are just feigning ignorance that you dont know that the strikeouts are a later addition by a copyist and that it was never in the original text and earlier bible translation versions.

'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' was inserted into the bible at a much later date, but die-hard trinitarians love to deceive themselves with the helping of the Matthew 28:19 baptismal formula that isn't original to the text of Matthew.

Bishopkingsley, the baptismal formula is not used anywhere else in the Bible other than Matthew 28:19. If that fact is not true, then where are the other two or three witness to this Matthew 28:19 baptismal formula late doctrinal expansion then?

BassReeves:
I love the warrior spirit in you, but do you notice that most young warriors, like to fight head-on, while old warriors like to wait, let the objector(s) expose the board and work themselves into a cul-de-sac.

The more aware you become of things, the more you can shed from day to day, what you have wrongly learned so that your mind is always fresh and uncontaminated by previous indoctrination and conditioning. A fierce warrior spirit is meant to tear down old systems that lack integrity.

Bishopkingsley, if you have to add more, then make sure that whatever more verses you put forward has all to do with 'baptizing'.

Meaning the word 'baptise' or 'baptizing' just as in Matthew 28.19 must be featured or present in what 'More later' verses you aim to put forward as a basis for argument.

Beloved put forward two, three or more witness verses, that in relation to 'baptism' or 'baptizing' also have the Matthew 28:19 baptismal formula late doctrinal expansion (i.e. 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit')
My two quotations immediately seen above reproduced are brought here so to confirm and remind you, of how I started to controvert your opinion of Matthew 28:19

Bishopkingsley:
Our discussion is about that place you claim is a lone scripture
Our comparatively cordial, matured minds, good natured relaxed discussion is about that place in Matthew 28:19 thats is known to being a forgery

Bishopkingsley:
...forget about whether it in the original manuscript or not that is your prerogative
Burying your head in the sand as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery of the or in Matthew 28:19 go away

Bishopkingsley:
I chose to believe it what Jesus said
You chose to believe a lie. It is called a lie because Jesus said baptise in My name, He never said baptise:
'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'

Bishopkingsley:
in fact am so intoxicated about Bible that I refuse to believe that there is one mistake in the Bible
There is no bible verse, advising anyone to be intoxicated about Bible, rather believers are advised to keep on being filled with the Spirit. You are intoxicated with the sadness of believing a big fat lie

Do you know that, KJV is a translation?
Do you know that, translation of the bible, from the original text, into other languages, is not inspired by God?

The thing is, all scripture is God inspired but the same cant be said for all bible translations and that includes the KJV translation bible. Now if you insist that there are no mistakes on the part of the copyists or translators, perpetuated for the last 400 years in all editions of the KJV, then all these your argument is nothing more than a big time betrayal and travesty of 2 Timothy 2:15

Bishopkingsley:
now you are free to not be like me
I love being me. I am satisfied with being me so I dont need nor want your offer, to be like you.

Bishopkingsley:
but for me Bible is so complete and perfect just like Paul said if we hear he appears and tells us that so and so place was not in the Bible that we should not believe him if he appears to say that so what your saying now is too late for me the Bible is absolutely complete the English version of King James is perfect God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words trust in the book so am sorry my brother I won't believe you or an angel
KJV is a translated/translation bible.

Now if we know that, all scripture is inspired by God, and that, translation of the bible into other languages from the original text is not inspired by God, then it therefore is a fair comment, to say that, all translations available now or past, whether Old Testament or New Testament are not God inspired and therefore as I have since always being pointing out, King James Version, meaning the KJV bible cant have the claim of being inerrant

You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say that KJV is complete. You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say, 'God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words' especially when there are at least circa 2 millions errors in the KJV.

So KJV cant be a God inspired book, but rather it is a human inspired book, with all the errors one expects humans to make, be in it

Now, if you insist that 'right words' are used in KJV, then paste here to see what Hebrews 4:8 KJV says, and paste also five different other bible translations of Hebrews 4:8, then compare the five different other bible translations of Hebrews 4:8 with KJV.

Let me share with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous

Leviticus 11:20
'All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you'

Bishopkingsley beloved, I am sure you know that fowls don't creep nor do they go upon all four.

Deuteronomy 14:7
'Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.'

Bishopkingsley beloved, note that KJV's translation of Deuteronomy 14:7, on two counts is wrong, because, first, hares don’t chew the cud and second they do divide the hoof.

Only the humble will find the truth, no matter what Bible translation is used. In light of incontrovertible evidences, it is disgraceful and blasphemy for you to say that KJV is perfect.

Bishopkingsley:
I told you it not a lone scripture and I can show you lone scripture so we can cancel them since your evidence of it not been in the mouth of other witnesses is the problem at bay (which is a joke I said that to wake you up for you to tell me hey we can't cancel lone scriptures rather you turned the table on me) ...
If in your opinion, it's not a lone and rogue scripture, then I am very interested to know what other bible verse, when it mentioned baptism, has the wordings 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit' in it

Where are the two, three or more witness bible verses that repeat the mention of baptism, exactly just how Matthew 28:19 did and with using 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'?

Bishopkingsley:
... but I never said am going to add or remove so try not to lay false evidence against me
Nobody laid any false evidence against you. You were advised to research instead to see that its glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there in Matthew 28:19

Bishopkingsley:
if not that I have low battery I would sit to find lone verse you and I must delete since you say you don't want scriptures that are lone and which other versions don't have I will do the research
I will still do that in the future but Now let use this place to show you how church is built and how it relates to that place in Matthew this below is another brother verse to the Matthew but here it not about baptism but about the main reason why Jesus came to build his church so here we can see the name used

“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

This three places pin point where Jesus equally placed the name in which we ought to use when doing the things of God

The things of God is not only about baptism because the thief on the cross only believed and still made heaven so baptism is just to experience fulfilled life and rain on earth and become mature like Christ
Beloved Bishopkingsley, please respect yourself and stop all these your proof-texting and eisegesis.

You are introducing and reinforcing your biases, presupposition and preconceived notion, so Iet me repeat myself, that, its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here, but its the authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19 that is pointed out, as not being genuine, meaning that the end part of Matthew 28:19 is a later addition that make the verse a forgery and fraud.

Bishopkingsley:
So those above scriptures still hold water since you refuse to accept the Matthew part right
Where are the other bible verse scriptures of Jesus that at the mention of baptism, He allegedly used the wordings 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'?

How do you reconcile that Apostle Peter in Acts 2:38 went against Jesus' command and baptised only in Jesus' name? That is meaning Apostle Peter did not say the baptismal 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit' forgery formula

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:23am On Sep 10, 2021
BassReeves:

My two quotations immediately seen above reproduced are brought here so to confirm and remind you, of how I started to controvert your opinion of Matthew 28:19

Our comparatively cordial, matured minds, good natured relaxed discussion is about that place in Matthew 28:19 thats is known to being a forgery

Burying your head in the sand as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery of the or in Matthew 28:19 go away

You chose to believe a lie. It is called a lie because Jesus said baptise in My name, He never said baptise:
'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'

There is no bible verse, advising anyone to be intoxicated about Bible, rather believers are advised to keep on being filled with the Spirit. You are intoxicated with the sadness of believing a big fat lie

Do you know that, KJV is a translation?
Do you know that, translation of the bible, from the original text, into other languages, is not inspired by God?

The thing is, all scripture is God inspired but the same cant be said for all bible translations and that includes the KJV translation bible. Now if you insist that there are no mistakes on the part of the copyists or translators, perpetuated for the last 400 years in all editions of the KJV, then all these your argument is nothing more than a big time betrayal and travesty of 2 Timothy 2:15

I love being me. I am satisfied with being me so I dont need nor want your offer, to be like you.

Now if we know that, all scripture is inspired by God, and that, translation of the bible into other languages from the original text is not inspired by God, then it therefore is a fair comment, to say that, all translations available now or past, whether Old Testament or New Testament are not God inspired and therefore as I have since always being pointing out, King James Version, meaning the KJV bible cant have the claim of being inerrant

You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say that KJV is complete. You shouldn't be so foolish as to publicly say, 'God told me Kingsley my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them to use the right words' especially when there are at least circa 2 millions errors in the KJV.

So KJV cant be a God inspired book, but rather it is a human inspired book, with all the errors one expects humans to make, be in it

Now, if you insist that 'right words' are used in KJV, then paste here to see what Hebrews 4:8 KJV says, and paste also five different other bible translations of Hebrews 4:8, then compare the five different other bible translations of Hebrews 4:8 with KJV.

Let me share with you one or two examples of how certain parts of KJV are ludicrous

Bishopkingsley beloved, I am sure you know that fowls don't creep nor do they go upon all four.

'Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.'

Bishopkingsley beloved, note that KJV's translation of Deuteronomy 14:7, on two counts is wrong, because, first, hares don’t chew the cud and second they do divide the hoof.

Only the humble will find the truth, no matter what Bible translation is used. In light of incontrovertible evidences, it is disgraceful and blasphemy for you to say that KJV is perfect.

If in your opinion, it's not a lone and rogue scripture, then I am very interested to know what other bible verse, when it mentioned baptism, has the wordings 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit' in it

Where are the two, three or more witness bible verses that repeat the mention of baptism, exactly just how Matthew 28:19 did and with using 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'?

Nobody laid any false evidence against you. You were advised to research instead to see that its glaring that someone so desperate to preach trinity as a doctrine, went to the great length of adding to Matthew 28:19 what was not, in the first instance, originally there in Matthew 28:19

Beloved Bishopkingsley, please respect yourself and stop all these your proof-texting and eisegesis.

You are introducing and reinforcing your biases, presupposition and preconceived notion, so Iet me repeat myself, that, its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here, but its the authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19 that is pointed out, as not being genuine, meaning that the end part of Matthew 28:19 is a later addition that make the verse a forgery and fraud.

Where are the other bible verse scriptures of Jesus that at the mention of baptism, He allegedly used the wordings 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'?

How do you reconcile that Apostle Peter in Acts 2:38 went against Jesus' command and baptised only in Jesus' name? That is meaning Apostle Peter did not say the baptismal 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit' forgery formula

its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here,

Answer
That above is what my main aim is on but since you don't want to move to that area no need to burst our views because to me that is what I wanted you to know why we do what we do in church
From the look of things you already said you accept trinity in church growth so since you accept it from day one no need to engage our personal views of life

its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here, but its the authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19 that is pointed out, as not being genuine, meaning that the end part of Matthew 28:19 is a later addition that make the verse a forgery and fraud.

authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19

Answer
If you like use another place from the Bible to claim translation or scriptures is wrong or not perfect you can only really swallow that thought only by your self or if you want claim that ten million places of king James Version is faulty only you know that one am not part of that
Like I told you the king James Version is completely correct and perfect am intoxicated about that English version same with new living translation
God told me my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them on the words to use and
So nothing you say can move me now you can claim no translation is perfect or you can find your own Bible which is perfect for you you can research on all till you discover none is actually perfect why not discard all of them for me king James Version is perfect and solid I chose to believe God than you
So nothing you say makes meaning on that area

Now let test your reasons for hating that Matthew place now from this place

Now from this statement
..... He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”........

Show me another place in the Bible that the Apostles used
The holy spirit
The Father
Jesus name
To show how the holy spirit will
....... will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”.....

Show me this principle in other places show me it not a lone scripture?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 6:48am On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves Quote
its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here,

Bishopkingsley Answer
That above is what my main aim is on but since you don't want to move to that area no need to burst our views because to me that is what I wanted you to know why we do what we do in church
From the look of things you already said you accept trinity in church growth so since you accept it from day one no need to engage our personal views of life

BassReeves Quote
its not the veracity of trinity nor how church is built, that's on trial here, but its the authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19 that is pointed out, as not being genuine, meaning that the end part of Matthew 28:19 is a later addition that make the verse a forgery and fraud.

BassReeves Quote
authenticity and entirety of Matthew 28:19

Bishopkingsley Answer
If you like use another place from the Bible to claim translation or scriptures is wrong or not perfect you can only really swallow that thought only by your self or if you want claim that ten million places of king James Version is faulty only you know that one am not part of that
Like I told you the king James Version is completely correct and perfect am intoxicated about that English version same with new living translation
God told me my son I was present when they translated it and I guided them on the words to use and
So nothing you say can move me now you can claim no translation is perfect or you can find your own Bible which is perfect for you you can research on all till you discover none is actually perfect why not discard all of them for me king James Version is perfect and solid I chose to believe God than you
So nothing you say makes meaning on that area

Now let test your reasons for hating that Matthew place now from this place

Now from this statement
..... He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”........

Show me another place in the Bible that the Apostles used
The holy spirit
The Father
Jesus name
To show how the holy spirit will
....... will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.”.....

Show me this principle in other places show me it not a lone scripture?
John 14:26 NKJV
'But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.'

John 15:26 NKJV
'“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.'.

Eat your heart out because with all humility, unlike you that is unable to, I quite easily can and/or will grant any request(s) like the above you ask. All you've been doing is ducking all my questions and simply just being too often equivocating in trying hard to conceal the truth and avoid committing yourself.

I warned you that you will walk yourself into a cul-de-sac. Didnt it?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2021
BassReeves:
John 14:26 NKJV
'But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.'

'“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.'.

Eat your heart out because with all humility, unlike you that is unable to, I quite easily can and/or will grant any request(s) like the above you ask. All you've been doing is ducking all my questions and simply just being too often equivocating in trying hard to conceal the truth and avoid committing yourself.

All you've been doing is ducking all my questions and simply just being too often equivocating in trying hard to conceal the truth and avoid committing yourself.

Answer
I have not duck anything I told you my personal revelation you chose not to understand scripture when Bible said we know in part you think God does not know what he was saying
My revelation is to believe Bible from a to z without question my revelation is there is no mistake in the Bible
I hold this revelation so dear that you or an angel can't move me so no need for you to claim I duck when I made this position clear to you
Example I have a born again friend who believes in killing evil people if they try nonsense near him with his God given power
But my own revelation is forgiveness I refuse his own revelation he refuse mine

No need to claim I duck something that you if I ask you to put your life on that you have clear more evidence that that Matthew is forgery other people will bring their own evidence to say it not why do you think your own evidence is the truth when you are not up to one thousand years

Answer
You can only warn me if you were saying the truth but my beloved brother you are not saying the truth because I know who I worship am not saying the things of God out of head knowledge but out of Revelation and vision God show me

My question
Am still waiting for you to show me the brothers of this verse

My question
Am waiting for you to prove it not a lone scripture as that Matthew own

My question
Am waiting to see other places the Apostles used it to show the
The holy spirit
The Father
The speaker name Jesus

Show me where they used it in the Bible

Hint
I told you I was going to research on lone scripture and God told me Kingsley use this John verse to ask BassReeves if he can show you another place the Apostles used all the three same name mentioned at the same time

So am eagerly waiting for your response

Prove to me that

Prove to me that
..... the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name,.......
was not inserted into the bible at a much later date, by a die-hard trinitarians lover

BassReeves ,is this teaching and remembrance formula used anywhere else in the Bible with this three name other than

Am waiting

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 8:00am On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
All you've been doing is ducking all my questions and simply just being too often equivocating in trying hard to conceal the truth and avoid committing yourself.

Answer
I have not duck anything I told you my personal revelation you chose not to understand scripture when Bible said we know in part you think God does not know what he was saying
My revelation is to believe Bible from a to z without question my revelation is there is no mistake in the Bible
I hold this revelation so dear that you or an angel can't move me so no need for you to claim I duck when I made this position clear to you
Example I have a born again friend who believes in killing evil people if they try nonsense near him with his God given power
But my own revelation is forgiveness I refuse his own revelation he refuse mine

No need to claim I duck something that you if I ask you to put your life on that you have clear more evidence that that Matthew is forgery other people will bring their own evidence to say it not why do you think your own evidence is the truth when you are not up to one thousand years

Answer
You can only warn me if you were saying the truth but my beloved brother you are not saying the truth because I know who I worship am not saying the things of God out of head knowledge but out of Revelation and vision God show me

My question
Am still waiting for you to show me the brothers of this verse

My question
Am waiting for you to prove it not a lone scripture as that Matthew own

My question
Am waiting to see other places the Apostles used it to show the
The holy spirit
The Father
The speaker name Jesus

Show me where they used it in the Bible

Hint
I told you I was going to research on lone scripture and God told me Kingsley use this John verse to ask BassReeves if he can show you another place the Apostles used all the three same name mentioned at the same time

So am eagerly waiting for your response

Prove to me that

Prove to me that
..... the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My [Jesus’] name,.......
was not inserted into the bible at a much later date, by a die-hard trinitarians lover
It has another witness verse, with John 14:26 witnessing and parroting John 15:26. This request has already being granted you. You merely are proving stubborn, headstrong and simply being incorrigible

Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves, is this teaching and remembrance formula used anywhere else in the Bible with this three name other than

Am waiting
No need to wait, because you know we are discussing about baptism and how extra words were added to the bible by fraudulent persons

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2021
BassReeves:
It has another witness verse, with John 14:26 witnessing and parroting John 15:26. This request has already being granted you. You merely are proving stubborn, headstrong and simply being incorrigible

No need to wait, because you know we are discussing about baptism and how extra words were added to the bible by fraudulent persons

No need to wait, because you know we are discussing about baptism

Answer
Am discussing about teaching and remembrance

Show me
BassReeves, is this teaching and remembrance formula used anywhere else in the Bible with this three name other than

Am waiting

Because you asked me to show you baptism own so try to show me

Teaching and remembrance
Own that my point Mr
I did not see it on the verse you stated

I did not see teaching and remembrance

On
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
No need to wait, because you know we are discussing about baptism

Answer
Am discussing about teaching and remembrance

Show me

Am waiting

Because you asked me to show you baptism own so try to show me

Teaching and remembrance
Own that my point Mr

On
You're intentionally busy doing a strawmanning and everyone following can see this except you

BassReeves:
It actually was a rhetorical question. It was asked to make a point, rather than elicit a counter response, reply or answer

Matthew 18:16

I am sure you are just feigning ignorance that you dont know that the strikeouts are a later addition by a copyist and that it was never in the original text and earlier bible translation versions.

'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' was inserted into the bible at a much later date, but die-hard trinitarians love to deceive themselves with the helping of the Matthew 28:19 baptismal formula that isn't original to the text of Matthew.

Bishopkingsley, the baptismal formula is not used anywhere else in the Bible other than Matthew 28:19. If that fact is not true, then where are the other two or three witness to this Matthew 28:19 baptismal formula late doctrinal expansion then?
My brotherly and friendly reminder to you of my first post intimating you about the forgery in Matthew 28:19

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2021
BassReeves:
You're intentionally busy doing a stawmanning and everyone following can see this except you

My brotherly and friendly reminder to you of my first post intimating you about the forgery in Matthew 28:19

BassReeves everyone knows how great you are when it comes to English so don't use that trick to run from this urgent point

This is what I want

Teaching and remembrance related verses
Own that my point Mr BassReeves because

On

This above place shows no teaching and remembering point

Until you show me a replica because I already Showed you Matthew place which relates to this one above with only the exception of baptism in it and you blatantly refused mine saying I must show you baptism in another replica of it

Then now am asking you to show me
Teaching and remembrance
In your John 15:26
And your using English to run away from the point

If you have good intentions you would have told me
You can't find teaching and remembrance
Combined with the three name
In another verse

It easy to say the truth but no you want to claim Wiseman on a clearly defined post

Now is the three trinity name mentioned here in John 15:26
As well as in Matthew 28:19
And in John 14:26
Yes

Now this is the fulfillment of this scripture...........
..... by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’'.......

Now for you to pick baptism as a weak point to show why you refuse to join Matthew with the rest shows impartiality so if baptism is your point then
Teaching and remembrance
Is my point

Now if you don't have a verse that shows teaching and remembrance with the three name then everyone can see who won from the word of God

Glory be to our father next time don't rush to say a verse was written by trinity lover claiming it forgery this is same as removing from God holy book which is a great sin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 5:21am On Sep 11, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
BassReeves everyone knows how great you are when it comes to English so don't use that trick to run from this urgent point
Beloved you are creating a distraction. Focus on the subject matter which is the adding of the words 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' to Matthew 28:19 is dishonest

Bishopkingsley:
This is what I want

Teaching and remembrance related verses
Own that my point Mr BassReeves because

On

This above place shows no teaching and remembering point

Until you show me a replica because I already Showed you Matthew place which relates to this one above with only the exception of baptism in it and you blatantly refused mine saying I must show you baptism in another replica of it

Then now am asking you to show me
Teaching and remembrance
In your John 15:26
You are ignoring the actual position I pointed out about the 'baptise in My name' (i.e. Jesus' name) in the original Matthew 28:19 that is replaced with baptise 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' You're substituting it and you are advancing a distorted misrepresentation version of the position I raised

Bishopkingsley:
And your using English to run away from the point
Your pathetic manner of straw manning, though a waste of my precious and valuable time, creates no reason for running away from you, or anything coming from you. On the contrary, I have the point of duty to confront you over your ignorance. I am fearfully made and wonderfully built to continue crossing swords with you

Bishopkingsley:
If you have good intentions you would tell me
You can't find teaching and remembrance
Combined with the three name
In another verse

It easy to say the truth but no you want to claim Wiseman on a clearly defined post

Now is the three trinity name mentioned here in John 15:26
As well as in Matthew 28:19
And in John 14:26
Yes

Now this is the fulfillment of this scripture...........
..... by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’'.......

Now for you to pick baptism as a weak point to show why you refuse to join Matthew with the rest shows impartiality so if baptism is your point then
Teaching and remembrance
Is my point

Now if you don't have a verse that shows teaching and remembrance with the three name then everyone can see who won from the word of God

Glory be to our father next time don't rush to say a verse was written by trinity lover claiming it forgery this is same as removing from God holy book which is a great sin

Acts 2:38
'Peter said to them:
“Repent,a and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins,c and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.'

Acts 8:12
'But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized'

You are building a higher fenced wall, instead of preparing a longer and wider table to discuss that the original texts read Matthew 28:19 as follows:
'With one word and voice He said to His disciples:
'Go, and make disciples of all nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.'
'

Satan is infamously known for deliberately mis-quoting scripture (e.g. adding to, subtracting from and even changing words in the Bible)
and the man-made 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' forgery baptismal formula, appended to Matthew 28:19 that uniquely contradicts all other forms of baptism in the bible is a typical example, but it's amazing how God is able to preserve the truth of His word, despite all of Satan's efforts to the contrary.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:31am On Sep 11, 2021
These people are still doing their stuff, arguing over the easiest question that even a toddler can answer! cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2021
BassReeves:
Beloved you are creating a distraction. Focus on the subject matter which is the adding of the words 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' to Matthew 28:19 is dishonest

You are ignoring the actual position I pointed out about the 'baptise in My name' (i.e. Jesus' name) in the original Matthew 28:19 that is replaced with baptise 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' You're substituting it and you are advancing a distorted misrepresentation version of the position I raised

Your pathetic manner of straw manning, though a waste of my precious and valuable time, creates no reason for running away from you, or anything coming from you. On the contrary, I have the point of duty to confront you over your ignorance. I am fearfully made and wonderfully built to continue crossing swords with you

Acts 2:38
'Peter said to them:
“Repent,a and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins,c and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.'

Acts 8:12
'But when they believed Philip, who was declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God and of the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were getting baptized'

You are building a higher fenced wall, instead of preparing a longer and wider table to discuss that the original texts read Matthew 28:19 as follows:
'With one word and voice He said to His disciples:
'Go, and make disciples of all nations in My Name, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.'
'

Satan is infamously known for deliberately mis-quoting scripture (e.g. adding to, subtracting from and even changing words in the Bible)
and the man-made 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' forgery baptismal formula, appended to Matthew 28:19 that uniquely contradicts all other forms of baptism in the bible is a typical example, but it's amazing how God is able to preserve the truth of His word, despite all of Satan's efforts to the contrary.

Focus on the subject matter which is the adding of the words 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' to Matthew 28:19 is dishonest

Answer
I won't start to engage you on you evil claim that they were added rather I will look for JW boys to come and defend that part they are good at that where is my GardenOfGod man

I told you how much I hold my Bible dear so only the devil can come and say this place where added to make it look like Bible is not complete

Am sorry I won't engage you on that if that your weak reason let the word of God on that Matthew be the word which will stand
Against you on the day we will give an account of the things we said be ready to tell Jesus he did not say that

Nothing I or anyone can say that will make you to see the word of God in the Bible as totally complete and perfect

It already in the Bible in the last days they will heap up teachers for themselves and be desiring to pick the places they chose to obey and not to obey

So you can chose the place you want in your Bible I Bishopkingsley chose to obey every part of it even the full stop

Hit Me up when you are ready to obey every part of the word of God for now we are not on the same path my beloved brother
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 8:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Focus on the subject matter which is the adding of the words 'in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit' to Matthew 28:19 is dishonest

Answer
I won't start to engage you on you evil claim that they were added rather I will look for JW boys to come and defend that part they are good at that where is my GardenOfGod man

I told you how much I hold my Bible dear so only the devil can come and say this place where added to make it look like Bible is not complete

Am sorry I won't engage you on that if that your weak reason let the word of God on that Matthew be the word which will stand
Against you on the day we will give an account of the things we said be ready to tell Jesus he did not say that

Nothing I or anyone can say that will make you to see the word of God in the Bible as totally complete and perfect

It already in the Bible in the last days they will heap up teachers for themselves and be desiring to pick the places they chose to obey and not to obey

So you can chose the place you want in your Bible I Bishopkingsley chose to obey every part of it even the dolt

Hit Me up when you are ready to obey every part of the word of God for now we are not on the same path my beloved brother
Colossians 3:17
'Whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of Jesus.'

Philippians 2:9-11
'9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
'

I like to believe you are familiar with the name, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (i.e. formerly pope Benedict XVI) and know who exactly he is and that you could read from the pasted below assertion from him that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for the Matthew 28:19 forgery.

Time doesn't permit me to divulge in details how in the second century AD this was done

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2021
BassReeves:
Colossians 3:17
'Whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of Jesus.'

Philippians 2:9-11
'9Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
'

I like to believe you are familiar with the name, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (i.e. formerly pope Benedict XVI) and know who exactly he is and that you could read from the pasted below assertion from him that the Roman Catholic church is responsible for the Matthew 28:19 forgery.

Time doesn't permit me to divulge in details how in the second century AD this was done

I told you the Bible is complete and perfect
Don't listen to another voice don't allow the devil to cherry pick places for you be strong my brother and be wise

It not today that we have seen devil using different kinds of people to pervert the word of God I told you even if an angel of light appears to me I won't believe him because the written word is the written word it can not be changed now and forever

Galatians 1:8 ►
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

New Living Translation
Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.

My faith is on the word of God the written logos I told you what God told me clearly so trying to cancel some places in the Bible is not going to go down well for you or the do called pope am more Righteousness than the pope because I have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Whose testimony will be believe is it the written word of God or the pope or who I only believe God and his Word that is the difference between me and you

It either you believe every thing in the Bible or you doubt some places in Bible and you end up hurting your self chose who to believe God written word or the pope

God told me my son I was present when they translated the Bible I made sure they chose the right words so your theory is to late wake up from slumber and embrace every thing in the Bible both the ones that hurt you and the ones that favour you
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
I told you the Bible is complete and perfect
Don't listen to another voice don't allow the devil to cherry pick places for you be strong my brother and be wise

It not today that we have seen devil using different kinds of people to pervert the word of God I told you even if an angel of light appears to me I won't believe him because the written word is the written word it can not be changed now and forever

Galatians 1:8 ►
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

New Living Translation
Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.

My faith is on the word of God the written logos I told you what God told me clearly so trying to cancel some places in the Bible is not going to go down well for you or the do called pope am more Righteousness than the pope because I have the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus

Whose testimony will be believe is it the written word of God or the pope or who I only believe God and his Word that is the difference between me and you

It either you believe every thing in the Bible or you doubt some places in Bible and you end up hurting your self chose who to believe God written word or the pope

God told me my son I was present when they translated the Bible I made sure they chose the right words so your theory is to late wake up from slumber and embrace every thing in the Bible both the ones that hurt you and the ones that favour you

Burying your head in the sand, as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery of in Matthew 28:19 go away

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2021
BassReeves:

Burying your head in the sand, as if like an ostrich, isnt going to make the truth of the forgery of in Matthew 28:19 go away

Unfortunately for you there is no place in the Bible where Jesus or God removes any word of God or erase any part in the Bible

Revelation 22:19 ►
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

New Living Translation
And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

Isaiah 55:11 ►
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

New Living Translation
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

God already knows people will try to add and remove from the Bible but not God that is going to add or remove anything from it

You either believe everything in the Bible or you cherry pick the ones the devil wants you to believe in

King James Version is totally complete and perfect you can lament on your failed findings that the translation of each language is faulty it up to you but the written word of God can not be broken those who try to break it end up breaking themselves

The written word of God is absolutely perfect and pure undefiled I am in love with it for the word is God Himself in written form

Nothing you say can remove anything from king James Version which is holy and perfect with testimony abound every where

For I know him who I believe
His word is already settled in heaven
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 10:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Unfortunately for you there is no place in the Bible where Jesus or God removes any word of God or erase any part in the Bible

Revelation 22:19 ►
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

New Living Translation
And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

Isaiah 55:11 ►
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

New Living Translation
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

God already knows people will try to add and remove from the Bible but not God that is going to add or remove anything from it

You either believe everything in the Bible or you cherry pick the ones the devil wants you to believe in

King James Version is totally complete and perfect you can lament on your failed findings that the translation of each language is faulty it up to you but the written word of can can not be broken those who try to break it end up breaking themselves

The written word of God is absolutely perfect and pure undefiled I am in love with it for the word is God Himself in written form

Nothing you say can remove anything from king James Version which is holy and perfect with testimony abound every where

For I know him who I believe
His word is already settled in heaven
Wisdom has never made a bigot. Bigotry is where arrogance and ignorance meet. Bigotry is a sacred disease of ignorance minds. Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.

Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it, but the really sad truth about bigotry, is that, most bigots either don't realise that they are bigots, or they convince themselves that their bigotry is perfectly justified

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:23am On Sep 11, 2021
BassReeves:
Wisdom has never made a bigot. Bigotry is where arrogance and ignorance meet. Bigotry is a sacred disease of ignorance minds. Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.

Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it, but the really sad truth about bigotry, is that, most bigots either don't realise that they are bigots, or they convince themselves that their bigotry is perfectly justified

Many people have come out to say that so and so places where added to the bible and at the end of the day when they get old and about to die they equally come out to say am sorry what I said then was wrong I only wanted to prove the Bible had errors in it

Human beings can always change because they are not stable but not the written word of God it is perfect you can bank on it

King James Version is pure the best version from our heavenly father there is no middle ground here

It either you believe in it completely or you chose not to and use a man's testimony to cut off the places that does not fit into your doctrine

People like us chose to stick with the truth which when you see us you marvel at our understanding wait until you see what we have seen in the spirit

Now from Matthew 28:19

Let take a look at other trinitarian formulas present in the New Testament.

At the baptism of Jesus, all three persons are present
(Matthew 3:16-17;
Mark 1:10-11;
Luke 3:21-22;
John 1:32).

Matthew 3:16-17
16 After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened[a] and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you

1 Peter 1:2-3a ...who have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the (Holy) Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with his blood: May grace and peace be yours in abundance. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So if at the baptism of Jesus all three persons where present what or who do you think will be present when the church wants to do spiritual baptism

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Many people have come out to say that so and so places where added to the bible and at the end of the day when they get old and about to die they equally come out to say am sorry what I said then was wrong I only wanted to prove the Bible had errors in it

Human beings can always change because they are not stable but not the written word of God it is perfect you can bank on it

King James Version is pure the best version from our heavenly father there is no middle ground here

It either you believe in it completely or you chose not to and use a man's testimony to cut off the places that does not fit into your doctrine

People like us chose to stick with the truth which when you see us you marvel at our understanding wait until you see what we have seen in the spirit

Now from Matthew 28:19

Let take a look at other trinitarian formulas present in the New Testament.

At the baptism of Jesus, all three persons are present
(Matthew 3:16-17;
Mark 1:10-11;
Luke 3:21-22;
John 1:32).

Matthew 3:16-17
16 After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened[a] and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you

1 Peter 1:2-3a ...who have been chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the (Holy) Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ and to be sprinkled with his blood: May grace and peace be yours in abundance. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

So if at the baptism of Jesus all three persons where present what or who do you think will be present when the church wants to do spiritual baptism
Blind fanaticism, obstinate adherence and total denial, in the face of correct reason, truth and fact has been so destructive to the human race and the world at large

Note that it's the posters, not liking your post, as your alter egos do, who are paying the most attention, to truth that Jesus, did not give His disciples a Trinitarian order of baptism after His resurrection. For the New Testament after Jesus' resurrection, knows only one baptism in the name of Jesus (i.e. Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 10:43, Acts 19:5, Galatians 3:27, Romans 6:3 and 1 Corinthians 1:13-15)

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract. So I am not interested in trying to convince and change the mind of a bigot, especially not a bigot who deliberately refuses to accept that he is not at all right about something like validity the of Matthew 28:19

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
BassReeves:
Blind fanaticism, obstinate adherence and total denial, in the face of correct reason, truth and fact has been so destructive to the human race and the world at large

Note that it's the posters, not liking your post, as your alter egos do, who are paying the most attention, to truth that Jesus, did not give His disciples a Trinitarian order of baptism after His resurrection. For the New Testament after Jesus' resurrection, knows only one baptism in the name of Jesus (i.e. Acts 2:38, Acts 8:16, Acts 10:43, Acts 19:5, Galatians 3:27, Romans 6:3 and 1 Corinthians 1:13-15)

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract. So I am not interested in trying to convince and change the mind of a bigot, especially not a bigot who deliberately refuses to accept that he is not at all right about something like validity the of Matthew 28:19

God bless you may you have peace bye
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by BassReeves: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
God bless you may you have peace bye
In 2018, theologians found two full copies of the New Testament In Hebrew, revealing that they existed before when the Bible was written in Greek and Latin. Meaning even including before when the NKJV or KJV and other bible versions were translated.

Unfortunately I cant pretend you'll have peace so long you persist to toe the line of ignorance that prevents you from having sound theological thoughts that liberates the mind.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by GardenOfGod(m): 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
My brother, my phone was stolen o.
am using a friend's phone to reply you now. I'll be offline for sometimes
Bishopkingsley:

Answer

So you can chose the place you want in your Bible I Bishopkingsley chose to obey every part of it even the full stop

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
GardenOfGod:
My brother, my phone was stolen o.
am using a friend's phone to reply you now. I'll be offline for sometimes
sorry
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by RepoMan007: 6:17pm On May 25, 2022
God the Father. There is God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Godhead.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 8:15pm On May 25, 2022
RepoMan007:
God the Father. There is God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The Godhead.
The word "Godhead" is not scripture,but man made invention in the KJV.

John 4:24, Jesus teaching :"God is a spirit"

God is not 3 spirits invented at the Council of Nicaea.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by RepoMan007: 9:04pm On May 25, 2022
Janosky:

The word "Godhead" is not scripture,but man made invention in the KJV.

John 4:24, Jesus teaching :"God is a spirit"

God is not 3 spirits invented at the Council of Nicaea.
I am sure "earth" and "heaven" too are man made words. I get you.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ken4Christ: 1:23am On May 26, 2022
chatinent:
Can sb please clear my doubts?

If Jesus is God, who made the pronouncement, “this is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased" when John baptized him in the Jordan?

If Jesus is God, why does he called himself ‘father..why have you forsaken me’ during his execution?

If Jesus is God, how come the Bible says he'd sit on God's right hand? Is he not God himself?

If Jesus is God as some people use John 1.1 to explain, how do you explain John 17:3 written by the same John?

If Jesus is God, why did the Devil make reference to God while tempting him saying “if you are truly the son of God...hurl yourself down..for God will not...”? Note that the devil has lived in heaven before and know the heaven citizens.

Any answer with biblical proofs?

Thank you.

Simply put, Jesus is the physical manifestation of God in the flesh. He has the very nature and essence of God. He is a God being just as we are human beings.

It was his father that spoke. And his father in heaven is one with his son on earth.

Hence, Jesus said, if you want to see the father, look at me.

So, he is the image of the invisible God. He is not the father. He is the Son. But the son and the father are one. And they are both God in nature.

It does not mean that there are two Gods.

There is one God. But that one God is invisible. If you want to see him, look at Jesus. God the father does nothing apart from the Son and the Son, Jesus does nothing apart from the father.

It was for the purpose of saving us that he had to take up the nature of man. Otherwise, he has been in the same class as God from the beginning.

He existed before all things and without him, nothing was created.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On May 26, 2022
Ayo081:
Brother, it is the power in the trinity.

I don't know how to explain without allowing the bible give the exposition. So I won't become a liar.

Please read carefully the below quoted and pray for understanding.
It's just like asking how come all who are led by the spirit are sons of God.
Please pay attention to the bellow carefully
Now see
Now Christ said
But herein lies the problem, Trinity doctrine is based on the lies of men and not the Truth of God. undecided

First of all. It is essential you understand why it is that Jesus Christ is God to begin with. As written in Scripture, Jesus Christ is God, but nowhere in Scripture are we informed that God is Jesus Christ though. There is a reason for this and Jesus Christ Himself explained it to His followers. undecided

In Scripture we learn of God the following
▪︎ God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True
▪︎ God is Life
And of Jesus Christ, we are informed by Him that He is
▪︎ God's Truth
▪︎ God's Life
▪︎ God's Law (one of many) aka The Way

So, as Jesus Christ Himself explained, He is born of some of the same essence that is God hence He indeed is God. However, since Jesus Christ doesn't have all of the essence of God contained in Himself, God isn't Jesus Christ. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

To All Theists, Present Your BEST Evidence For The God You Believe In / Mind Control Mechanisms In Religions. / Does The Bible Confuse You Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.