Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? (4420 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / 94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by kkins25(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Be more specific please! undecided

2. The word God has several meanings here. It is a title used to reference the Father, and the same time it refers to a race of beings that emanate from the one who is the Father. They all share the same essences only in different ways/proportionsundecided

In God the Father, you have the following as His essence/aspects
▪︎ God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True (Word)
▪︎ God is Life
And of Jesus Christ, we are informed by Him that He is
▪︎ God's True (Word)
▪︎ God's Life
▪︎ God's Law (one of many) aka The Way
In essence one God is greatee than the other. Which makes jesus less of a God than the father. They might be one in purpose but not one in might or personality.

So whats now the difference between this concept and that of Eledumare(father) and shango(son) ?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On May 28, 2022
kkins25:
1. In essence one God is greatee than the other. Which makes jesus less of a God than the father. They might be one in purpose but not one in might or personality.

2. So whats now the difference between this concept and that of Eledumare(father) and shango(son) ?
1. Yes, Jesus Christ is less than the Father since Jesus Christ has less of the essence that is the Father, and, they share more than just a purpose here. Jesus Christ is the Word out of the Father's very mouth and He is also God's very own Life. undecided

Another way to look at it is this. If you subtract Jesus Christ from God, then He will cease to be the Father. undecided

2. I have personally not given much time to the study of the yoruba deities so I can't really speak to that yet. undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
freshboi88:

Stating fact isn't bragging CornelDumbo

Confusing lies with facts again?

Keep the insults flowing cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by redeff06: 3:43pm On May 28, 2022
CXLVII:
Doubt if their is anybody on Earth that can answer this questions.

Do you believe God is mysterious? If you do believe that, then no cause for argument.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 5:29pm On May 28, 2022
See tactics this JaNosenses used to avoid my post shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Janosky:
Science/Technology / My Journey Into Complex Electronics Design!
by Emusan. 5 posts & 231 views. 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2021 (Emusan)

What does this have to do with this thread? See your stupidity in action grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Emusan who wants Nairaland to believe he is a professional, his stupidity and LYING is stupendous.

I can't see the correlation between what you say here with my previous post....is that how you dull reach

Emusan, what is the duty of a Craftsman?

The challenge is show me where the craftman claimed to do anything in Prov 8....

You are very dull & LYING on Nairaland.
Jankara Oluyole graduate.
grin grincheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Oponu Mr Gebbrish typer! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 7:53pm On May 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Confusing lies with facts again?

Keep the insults flowing cheesy

CornelDumbo clutching at straws....kpele!!..it's hard I know!!!
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 7:57pm On May 28, 2022
freshboi88:

CornelDumbo clutching at straws....kpele!!..it's hard I know!!!

Is that all you got Mr Mark? cheesy

Keep it flowing. You really amuse me.

Whip up the next lie or insult
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 8:17pm On May 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Is that all you got Mr Mark? cheesy

Keep it flowing. You really amuse me.

Whip up the next lie or insult

CornelDumbo..........Your name says it all
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2022
freshboi88:

CornelDumbo..........Your name says it all

Is that all? cheesy
Keep it flowing Mr Mark
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 9:31pm On May 28, 2022
OkCornel:

Is that all? cheesy
Keep it flowing Mr Mark

Lesson you should take from all these, when you meet someone smarter than you, don't try to compete. Learn!!!!!!!
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 9:34pm On May 28, 2022
freshboi88:

Lesson you should take from all these, when you meet someone smarter than you, don't try to compete. Learn!!!!!!!
“Smart” must definitely have another meaning,
Lies and insults based on your upbringing perhaps…. cheesy

Now continue with what you know how to do best. Entertain me with your tantrums
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 9:40pm On May 28, 2022
OkCornel:

“Smart” must definitely have another meaning,
Lies and insults based on your upbringing perhaps…. cheesy

Now continue with what you know how to do best. Entertain me with your tantrums

Truth is bitter...when one is done is thrash, you throw it in the dustbin where it belongs. Stay in the dustbin where you obviously belong.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2022
freshboi88:

Truth is bitter...when one is done is thrash, you throw it in the dustbin where it belongs. Stay in the dustbin where you obviously belong.

Same dustbin you’ve lived your entire life? cheesy

Pele, you were born and fed with lies and insults as your truth cheesy

So I understand.

Spew some more Mr Mark.

Entertain me you troll cheesy
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 2:49pm On May 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But herein lies the problem, Trinity doctrine is based on the lies of men and not the Truth of God. undecided

First of all. It is essential you understand why it is that Jesus Christ is God to begin with. As written in Scripture, Jesus Christ is God, but nowhere in Scripture are we informed that God is Jesus Christ though. There is a reason for this and Jesus Christ Himself explained it to His followers. undecided

In Scripture we learn of God the following
▪︎ God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True
▪︎ God is Life
▪︎ God's Truth
▪︎ God's Life

So, as Jesus Christ Himself explained, He is born of some of the same essence that is God hence He indeed is God. However, since Jesus Christ doesn't have all of the essence of God contained in Himself, God isn't Jesus Christ. undecided

I agree, except for the statement that trinity is based on the lies of men.

Trinity gospel to me is when Christ mentioned that they all work together.

John 14:15-17,26, 15:26

For the last paragraph, Christ himself made so many exposition on that, and the true trinity gospel / should I say those who know of which they talk about also agree that Jehovah is the God head (John 14:28) (the only one who possess those features you listed).
undecided

13. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

14. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

15. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
John 16:13‭-‬15 NIV

https://bible.com/bible/111/jhn.16.13-15.NIV
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On May 29, 2022
Ayo081:
1. I agree, except for the statement that trinity is based on the lies of men.

Trinity gospel to me is when Christ mentioned that they all work together.

John 14:15-17,26, 15:26

For the last paragraph, Christ himself made so many exposition on that, and the true trinity gospel / should I say those who know of which they talk about also agree that Jehovah is the God head (John 14:28) (the only one who possess those features you listed).
undecided
1. Any doctrine that teaches lies is a lie. undecided

2. Trinity teaches you that all 3 are equals - that is a lie. Trinity teaches you that all 3 are cosubstantial - that is a lie. That doctrine is a lie because it is based on information that does not conform to that which Jesus Christ taught in His Gospel. undecided

3. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in John 14 vs 6 that He is God's Truth. So the Spirit of Truth is the very Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself. He is the one who is to convince the word of Sin as defined in and by God's Truth. undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Any doctrine that teaches lies is a lie. undecided

2. Trinity teaches you that all 3 are equals - that is a lie. Trinity teaches you that all 3 are cosubstantial - that is a lie. That doctrine is a lie because it is based on information that does not conform to that which Jesus Christ taught in His Gospel. undecided

3. undecided

Jesus Christ told you in John 14 vs 6 that He is God's Truth. So the Spirit of Truth is the very Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself. He is the one who is to convince the word of Sin as defined in and by God's Truth. undecided
Well undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On May 29, 2022
Ayo081:

Well undecided
Well what? undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Well what? undecided

Kobojunkie:

My own understanding of Trinity is; three (Father, Christ, Spirit) working together for one purpose. And not equal.

None of the Son and Spirit could work without the Father. They work together. The Spirit can't work without Christ. Christ had to go before the Spirit (of truth could come, John 16:13).

Of course Christ mentioned that He and Father are one, but that shouldn't be taking in it's literal context. Just like you mentioned, God is true and Christ is God's Truth.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 11:10pm On May 29, 2022
Ayo081:
1. My own understanding of Trinity is; three (Father, Christ, Spirit) working together for one purpose. And not equal.

None of the Son and Spirit could work without the Father. They work together. The Spirit can't work without Christ. Christ had to go before the Spirit (of truth could come, John 16:13).

Of course Christ mentioned that He and Father are one, but that shouldn't be taking in it's literal context. Just like you mentioned, God is true and Christ is God's Truth.
1. Please spend time reading up on the actual doctrine so you do not confuse it with anything else.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-is-the-doctrine-of-the-trinity

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/trinity/
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by kkins25(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
2. The word God has several meanings here. It is a title used to reference the Father, and the same time it refers to a race of beings that emanate from the one who is the Father. They all share the same essences only in different ways/proportionsundecided

In God the Father, you have the following as His essence/aspects
▪︎ God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True (Word)
▪︎ God is Life
▪︎ God's True (Word)
▪︎ God's Life
@kobojunkie

I beg your pardon but all these are attributes -abstract attributes that can be said of Jesus Christ as well. These are not just attributes of the Godhead but also every human being since it is written that we were created in the image of God, hence, I possess all these attributes.

As far as I am concerned, no one man has heard the law of God. I am of the idea that each man/apostle/prophet interprets wisdom through his lenses.
Since You cannot actually define God without giving him abstract attributes which you cannot also measure, how do I call your bluff?

Argument 1:
Anyway, if Jesus is :
God's True (Word)
▪︎ God's Life
Then does that mean that he cannot experience the other attributes found in the Father when as a Man he clearly demonstrated them all? What does it then take to be God?

So here is my argument 2 on the nature of God:
If a God must have and is defined by attributes A, B, C and D then without one of those attributes an entity fails to be God.

Argument 3:
According to you, God is defined by :

God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True (Word)
▪︎ God is Life

If this is all it takes to be God, then kindly worship me because I too- am capable of exhibiting all the aforementioned attributes.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
kkins25:
1. I beg your pardon but all these are attributes -abstract attributes that can be said of Jesus Christ as well. These are not just attributes of the Godhead but also every human being since it is written that we were created in the image of God, hence, I possess all these attributes.

2. As far as I am concerned, no one man has heard the law of God. I am of the idea that each man/apostle/prophet interprets wisdom through his lenses.

3. Since You cannot actually define God without giving him abstract attributes which you cannot also measure, how do I call your bluff?

4. Argument 1:
Anyway, if Jesus is : Then does that mean that he cannot experience the other attributes found in the Father when as a Man he clearly demonstrated them all? What does it then take to be God?

5. So here is my argument 2 on the nature of God: If a God must have and is defined by attributes A, B, C and D then without one of those attributes an entity fails to be God.

6. Argument 3:
According to you, God is defined by :
If this is all it takes to be God, then kindly worship me because I too- am capable of exhibiting all the aforementioned attributes.
1. Explain to me how you "possess" these same attributes as a human. undecided

2. How did you arrive at the conclusion that no one man has heard the law of God? undecided

If Wisdom sends to message, "Bubbles are fun to play with", to Mr. A., Mr. B and Mr. C, and all three men, after filtering the message through their individual lenses arrive at the same conclusion which is that the message Wisdom sent was " Bubbles are fun to play with", should we ignore them all because they processed the original message through their individual lenses or something?, :-

3. Why does God need defining? In the bible case, God is believed to define Himself instead. undecided

4. Look again at the List I posted. God, the Father’s, list of that which He is is longer than Jesus Christ's list. And at no timw during His time on earth did Jesus Christ exude all that is God this since Jesus Christ said Himself that He is not all that is God the Father. undecided

What does it take to be God the Father? Well, such a God needs to be all that is listed of God the Father in order to be God the Father. undecided

5. God is not defined as one who must have attributes A,B,C and D. Instead, God is one who is at least one of attributes listed. undecided

6. First this isn't a matter of capability but more of embodiment.
▪︎God is True since every Word of His is true.
▪︎God is Faithful because He never deviates from His plan and purpose.

You as a human are by default incapable of that which is God. undecided

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Please spend time reading up on the actual doctrine so you do not confuse it with anything else.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-is-the-doctrine-of-the-trinity

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/trinity/

Link 1 is exactly my stand, you don't agree with that?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
kkins25:

Discuss attribute Life, how are you Life?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ayo081:
Link 1 is exactly my stand, you don't agree with that?
Link 1 summarizes link 2. They both don't align with that taught by Jesus Christ Himself in scripture. undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2022
kkins25:
Am i an Android both chatting with you? You amaze me sha. Okay in the same sense, tell me how how God is life from Gods perspective.
God is the source of Life itself. It is from Him that what you pretend is your life an ld existence is sourced from. When you die, the breath of life that used to be you is returned back to the source lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 6:15am On Jun 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Link 1 summarizes link 2. They both don't align with that taught by Jesus Christ Himself in scripture. undecided

Ok undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Ayo081(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2022

kkins25:
Am i an Android both chatting with you? You amaze me sha. Okay in the same sense, tell me how how God is life from Gods perspective.

This post was deleted, is this the reply to my question? shocked

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ayo081:
Ok undecided
Read through link 1 again to see that it does not directly mirror what Jesus Christ Himself declared of His relationship with God. If you have time, peruse the doctrine in detail as well. undecided
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by caye(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Jesus was one of the high spiritual masters sent by God to different races at different times.

So was Mohammed, Krishna, the different Buddha's, Orunmila etc.

They were not the Creator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Strage Fearful Monster Creature Killed In Madonna University, Elele? / THE Vision...…(Sis.Toun Praise) / Man's Hand Got Stuck On Quran He Tried To Violate (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.