Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? (4443 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? / 94-Year-Old Kenyan Man Baptized With 5,000 Litres Of Boiled Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:33pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

But that is not what the text says. However if you are correct, can you tell me why your own translation says that no one else knows the name except Jesus?
Are you trying to say there's an error in the bible ?

Let's borrow a leaf from Paul's letter to the brothers in Corinth:

For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 1 Corinthians 15:27

Surely the one who subjected all things under Jesus' feet but excluded from things subjected to the Christ {Psalms 110:1} is the same person responsible for any name that's later given to the Christ! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 10:34pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:
This boi, STOP repeating this GIBBERISH.

The only Mr Gebbrish himself cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

BishopKingsley your fellow 3 deities devotees & Trinitarians already PROVEN that @Revelation 5:13-14, Worship is NOT for Jesus.

So @Bishopkingsley is now your yardstick for Bible cheesy grin cheesy grin

Your claim is false.
Why is the same ghost your holy deity given you & BishopKingsley CONFLICTING information on Revelation 5:13-14?

Alaroye! Besides, @Bishopkingsley never conflict him, @Bishopkingsley only said the word translated as WORSHIP in Rev 5:15 was translated by your demonic organization as obesance.

Meanwhile, reading that Rev 5:13-15 the worship was given to the one sitting on the throne and THE LAMB cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Colossians 1:15 Jesus Christ is a creature,na your Bible talk am.
Why Freshboi dey change am with false claims?

Just as your Bible says Jesus is your creator, your God and your Life. grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

John 1:1; 1:3

Your fellow 3 deities devotees /Trinitarians (in screenshot) say your claim is false.
This boi,go and rest. grin

Lying liar, still twisting a plain and simple sentence by @Bishopkingsley
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 10:42pm On May 26, 2022
Emusan:

The only Mr Gebbrish himself cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

So @Bishopkingsley is now your yardstick for Bible cheesy grin cheesy grin

Alaroye! Besides, @Bishopkingsley never conflict him, @Bishopkingsley only said the word translated as WORSHIP in Rev 5:15 was translated by your demonic organization as obesance.

Meanwhile, reading that Rev 5:13-15 the worship was given to the one sitting on the throne and THE LAMB cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
.[/b]

Just as your Bible says Jesus is your creator, your God and your Life. grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

John 1:1; 1:3

Lying liar, still twisting a plain and simple sentence by @Bishopkingsley

LYING is in your genes,Mr Emusan.
You saw the screenshot view points of your 3 deities devotees copied by BishopKingsley & you continue deceiving yourself.
Abeg, get lost!!.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:43pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Let's borrow a leaf from Paul's letter to the brothers in Corinth:

For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 1 Corinthians 15:27

Surely the one who subjected all things under Jesus' feet but excluded from things subjected to the Christ {Psalms 110:1} is the same person responsible for any name that's later given to the Christ! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

You have not answered my question. If all these things you are saying is correct why does Rev 19 say no one knows the name except himself ?

It didnt say no human ?
It didn't say some?

So, are you saying the bible made a mistake

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:46pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

John 4:24, according to Jesus & your Bible ,God Almighty is how many persons?

Rev 5:13 Jesus is God....

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 10:46pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

You have not answered my question. If all these things you are saying is correct why does Rev 19 say no one knows the name except himself ?

It didnt say no human ?
It didn't say some?

This boi,go and DELETE 1 Corinthians 15:27 from All Bibles.

Your Trinity brain can't cope with the Bible truth @ 1 Corinthians 15:27

grin grin grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 10:48pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

While lack of comprehension is embedded in your DNA

You saw the screenshot view points of your 3 deities devotees copied by BishopKingsley & you continue deceiving yourself.
Abeg, get lost!!.

That's what I'm saying @Bishopkingsley is your yardstick on Bible.

Besides, his point is so straight forward that a toddler won't find it hard to understand cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:49pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

This boi,go and DELETE 1 Corinthians 15:27 from All Bibles.

Your Trinity brain can't cope with the Bible truth @ 1 Corinthians 15:27

grin grin grin

John 16:30 Go and delete it from your NWT. Jesus knows all things, therefore he is God

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 10:50pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

Rev 5:13 Jesus is God....

BishopKingsley your fellow 3 deities devotees & other Trinitarians (in the screenshot) proven that @ Revelation 5:13,you are LYING in public.
Case closed. grin

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Janosky: 10:53pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

John 16:30 Go and delete it from your NWT. Jesus knows all things, therefore he is God
@ Matthew 24:36, only his Father knows ALL things.
Jesus Christ proven you are LYING in public.
Very serious offence.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

It didnt say no human ?
It didn't say some?

Going by what Paul said at 1Corinthians 15:17 compared to Psalms 110:1 and Isaiah 9:6 it's clear that there are some Bible verses where God's Holy Spirit is needed to decipher the message in God's word {John 16:12-13} otherwise we may get things wrong and conclude that Jesus who is passing all the messages in the Bible {John 1:1} to those penning down the words is wrong! John 6:66

So what you need to do is trust God's word that there's no error in it {Hebrews 4:12} then be open-minded to grasp what God's word is passing as message. Sometimes you need the help of fellow students of the Bible because if you must preach and teach then you need to discuss it with meditation and fervent prayer along with fellow students of the Bible! Proverbs 2:1-5

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:55pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

BishopKingsley your fellow 3 deities devotees & other Trinitarians (in the screenshot) proven that @ Revelation 5:13,you are LYING in public.
Case closed. grin

1. Why is Jesus not part of every creature @Rev 5:13?

2. Why does Jesus receive the same glory, honor, blessing and adoration to the Father by every creature?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 10:56pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Going by what Paul said at 1Corinthians 15:17 compared to Psalms 110:1 and Isaiah 9:6 it's clear that there are some Bible verses where God's Holy Spirit is needed to decipher the message in God's word {John 16:12-13} otherwise we may get things wrong and conclude that Jesus who is passing all the messages in the Bible to those penning down the words is wrong! John 6:66

So what you need to do is trust God's word that there's no error in it {Hebrews 4:12} then be open-minded to grasp what God's word is passing as message. Sometimes you need the help of fellow students of the Bible because if you must preach and teach then you need to discuss it with meditation and fervent prayer along with fellow students of the Bible! Proverbs 2:1-5

You enter my trap....John 16:30 Jesus knows all things...Therefore Jesus is God
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by Emusan(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

Very serious offence.

But Bible says Jesus also KNOW ALL THINGS which means you're the one lying in public. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 11:00pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

Very serious offence.

NWT
John 16: 29 His disciples said: “See! Now you are speaking plainly and are not using comparisons. 30 Now we know that you know all things and you do not need to have anyone question you. By this we believe that you came from God.” 31 Jesus answered them: “Do you believe now?

Your own bible shows who the liar is
...hahahah....John 16:30 Jesus knows all thing. You wish you can just delete this from your Bible abi?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 11:02pm On May 26, 2022
Emusan:

But Bible says Jesus also KNOW ALL THINGS which means you're the one lying in public. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Don't mind him, I catch am...all he can do is shamelessly lie. I am even quoting their own new world translation

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:07pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

You enter my trap....John 16:30 Jesus knows all things...Therefore Jesus is God

His disciples said: “See! Now you are speaking plainly and are not using comparisons.Now we know that you know all things and you do not need to have anyone question you. By this we believe that you came from God! John 16:29-30

The above is the statement uttered by Jesus' disciples who have not at the time received the Holy Spirit! John 16:12-13

Please compare to what Jesus said himself about the limitation of his knowledge:

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father" Matthew 24:36

He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction. Act 1:7

I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because I have made known to you all the things I have heard from my Father. John 15:15

So whatever Jesus did not tell them is unknown to him but only the father knows! smiley
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 11:15pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

His disciples said: “See! Now you are speaking plainly and are not using comparisons.Now we know that you know all things and you do not need to have anyone question you. By this we believe that you came from God! John 16:29-30

The above is the statement uttered by Jesus' disciples who have not at the time received the Holy Spirit! John 16:12-13

Please compare to what Jesus said himself about the limitation of his knowledge:

“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father" Matthew 24:36

He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction. Act 1:7

I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because I have made known to you all the things I have heard from my Father. John 15:15

So whatever Jesus did not tell them is unknown to him but only the father knows! smiley

There you lie again

John 16: 29 His disciples said: “See! Now you are speaking plainly and are not using comparisons. 30 Now we know that you know all things and you do not need to have anyone question you. By this we believe that you came from God.” 31 Jesus answered them: “Do you believe now?

What was Jesus's response. he asked them go u now believe ?.....Jesus too wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit abi..........
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 11:22pm On May 26, 2022
Janosky:

Abeg, get lost!!.

Rev 5:13 If worship was not for Jesus, then it wasn't also for Jehovah. Do you agree?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:28pm On May 26, 2022
freshboi88:

There you lie again
What was Jesus's response. he asked them go u now believe ?.....Jesus too wasn't filled with the Holy Spirit abi..........

Jesus' question is about whether the disciples are fully convinced that he is the Christ, of course they're not correct with that assumption @ John 16:30 because that contradicts what Jesus said @ Matthew 24:36, John 15:15, Act 1:7

For instance think about John the baptist who baptized Jesus, this man saw God's Holy Spirit landing on Jesus' head and also heard God's voice confirming that Jesus is the Christ! Matthew 3:16-17 compare to John 1:32

Yet John later questioned Jesus' authenticity! Matthew 11:2-3

So that's what Jesus asked his disciples not the statement they uttered which outrightly contradicts what he said @ Matthew 24:36 smiley
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 12:07am On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus' question is about whether the disciples are fully convinced that he is the Christ, of course they're not correct with that assumption @ John 16:30 because that contradicts what Jesus said @ Matthew 24:36, John 15:15, Act 1:7

For instance think about John the baptist who baptized Jesus, this man saw God's Holy Spirit landing on Jesus' head and also heard God's voice confirming that Jesus is the Christ! Matthew 3:16-17 compare to John 1:32

Yet John later questioned Jesus' authenticity! Matthew 11:2-3

So that's what Jesus asked his disciples not the statement they uttered which outrightly contradicts what he said @ Matthew 24:36 smiley

Can you show me where Jesus tells the disciples, no you are wrong, I do not know all things?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 5:13am On May 27, 2022
freshboi88:

No Trinitarian believes that Jesus is the Father. If you think that Jesus is the Father is what Trinity teaches then go and learn more about the Trinity doctrine. Then you would come to the knowledge that the Jehovah the God of Israel is a Triune God.

For goodness sake! Read my first post on this thread. You didn’t read it and just quoted me because you were itching for an argument.

Did I ever think Jesus was the Father? Abeg go and argue with someone else. You never understood my point to even start with.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:25am On May 27, 2022
freshboi88:

Can you show me where Jesus tells the disciples, no you are wrong, I do not know all things?

As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, NOR THE SON, but only the Father. Matthew 24:3, 36

This is a direct question and answer recording of what happened between Jesus and his disciples, verse 3 quoted them asking Jesus to disclose the time, Jesus only told them all what his father revealed to him about the endtime from verses 4-35 then verses 36 answers your question. NO! Jesus didn't know everything unlike his father who knew all things!

There are many more things Jesus wanted to teach them which the father has revealed to him but time will not permit! John 16:12-13

This are the things Jesus later disclosed to them through God's Holy Spirit after his ascension to heaven. Most people thought it's only the Bible book of Revelation given to John the Apostle is the only thing Jesus revealed because the book itself disclosed it {Revelations 1:1} but everything written in the Gospels, Act, Paul's letters, James, Peter's letters, John's letters, Jude's letters including the Bible book of Revelation were things Jesus reminded them through the Holy Spirit {John 14:26} the only thing missing is what Jesus said was not revealed to anyone but only the father knew! Matthew 24:36 smiley
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 6:54am On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEN, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, NOR THE SON, but only the Father. Matthew 24:3, 36

This is a direct question and answer recording of what happened between Jesus and his disciples, verse 3 quoted them asking Jesus to disclose the time, Jesus only told them all what his father revealed to him about the endtime from verses 4-35 then verses 36 answers your question. NO! Jesus didn't know everything unlike his father who knew all things!

There are many more things Jesus wanted to teach them which the father has revealed to him but time will not permit! John 16:12-13

This are the things Jesus later disclosed to them through God's Holy Spirit after his ascension to heaven. Most people thought it's only the Bible book of Revelation given to John the Apostle is the only thing Jesus revealed because the book itself disclosed it {Revelations 1:1} but everything written in the Gospels, Act, Paul's letters, James, Peter's letters, John's letters, Jude's letters including the Bible book of Revelation were things Jesus reminded them through the Holy Spirit {John 14:26} the only thing missing is what Jesus said was not revealed to anyone but only the father knew! Matthew 24:36 smiley

The day or the hour is part of all things.....All encompasses everything. So you do not have a point.

Is the day or the hour part of all things or not ?
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 6:55am On May 27, 2022
OkCornel:

For goodness sake! Read my first post on this thread. You didn’t read it and just quoted me because you were itching for an argument.

Did I ever think Jesus was the Father? Abeg go and argue with someone else. You never understood my point to even start with.

Maybe u don't have a point afterall
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:17am On May 27, 2022
freshboi88:

The day or the hour is part of all things.....All encompasses everything. So you do not have a point.
Is the day or the hour part of all things or not ?

His disciples were wrong but Jesus as usual was patient with them after all they've gotten the sense that he is the Christ that's what really matters to Jesus at that point in time! smiley
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 7:57am On May 27, 2022
freshboi88:

Maybe u don't have a point afterall

To the one who lacks wisdom perhaps.

I simply mentioned Jesus is not the Father in my first post, but somehow you starting arguing about whether Jesus is God or not. A different point of discussion altogether.

Abeg go and argue with others on the thread.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2022
When believers understand the Oneness of God from a unity perspective, rather than a numbers perspective, everything else aligns easily.

Eloi (Singular) is God
Elohim (Plural) is also God

“God” is more of a title than a person.
Same logic applies with “King”

God can be singular… for example, where Jesus cried out to the Father “ELOI ELOI l’ama Sabacthani” which is “MY GOD MY GOD why have thou forsaken me”

God can be plural… for example For example, in Genesis 1:26, it is written: "Then Elohim (translated as God) said (singular verb), 'Let us (plural) make (plural verb) man in our (plural) image, after our (plural) likeness'

A careful study of the Hebrew Bible clears all these unnecessary back and forth and brings more clarity to the context of where God is singular (Eloi) or plural (Elohim)
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 9:10am On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

His disciples were wrong but Jesus as usual was patient with them after all they've gotten the sense that he is the Christ that's what really matters to Jesus at that point in time! smiley

Can you show me where the scripture says his disciples were wrong.

Use your own bible..to show me where it says Jesus's disciples were wrong
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 9:14am On May 27, 2022
OkCornel:

To the one who lacks wisdom perhaps.

I simply mentioned Jesus is not the Father in my first post, but somehow you starting arguing about whether Jesus is God or not. A different point of discussion altogether.

Abeg go and argue with others on the thread.

You lack the sense needed to deliver your point clearly. Hahahaha
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by OkCornel(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2022
freshboi88:

You lack the sense needed to deliver your point clearly. Hahahaha

OkCornel:
Jesus is the son of God. He is not the Father.
Let’s be clear on that.

Psalms 110 v 1
The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”

Matthew 22 v 41-46;
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,
42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.
43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,
44 “‘The LORD said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’
45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?”
46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Observe carefully, when David was in the Spirit in Psalms 110 v 1, he referred to Jesus as Lord, not “LORD”

If you had taken time to read my first post which I have repeated here and bolded my opening paragraph in red. And it’s still not clear to you, it says a lot about your level of understanding.

Janosky, MaxinDHouse take a look at freshboi are you’re discussing with.

I’ll be observing. This should be fun.
Re: If Jesus Is God, Who Made That Pronouncement When John Baptized Him? by freshboi88: 9:56am On May 27, 2022
OkCornel:

If you had taken time to read my first post which I have repeated here and bolded my opening paragraph in red. And it’s still not clear to you, it says a lot about your level of understanding.

Janosky, MaxinDHouse take a look at freshboi are you’re discussing with.

I’ll be observing. This should be fun.

My discussion here is with JWs. You do not have a point. Jesus is not the Father, that doesn't mean Jesus is not God. So what is your point exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Religion A Business? / Are You Born Again, Then You Are Righteous, Justified. / How Do Atheists Determine What Is Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.