Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! (7251 Views)

Buhari Silent Because Most Nigerians Killed In South Africa Are Igbos – Omokri / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

Although this is a good plan, I suggest you could also create this in tandem with already established groups. The Igbo history since 3000 BC group or something like that on Facebook already have big followings with representatives from different Igbo groups. You can work with them with this specific goal in mind.

You don't even need to go in search of these people. Many are already there...but yeah, that's a good idea.

Okay. There are ways we can definitely work with them. However a limitation is that this already existing groups were not necessarily made to pool resources and carry out projects in this neglected communities.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Pass11: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

Okay. There are ways we can definitely work with them. However a limitation is that this already existing groups were not necessarily made to pool resources and carry out projects in this neglected communities.
I think for me we should contact those admins of those groups and tell them about our project and what and how we plan to unite with those communities let's see what they will say.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pass11:

I think for me we should contact those admins of those groups and tell them about our project and what and how we plan to unite with those communities let's see what they will say.

Okay. We would need a page though any which way, true?
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Pass11: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

Okay. We would need a page though any which way, true?
yes work on that
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by paramakina202: 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

Yeah, we Igbos will continue with a name attached to a British officers girlfriend that has since become poverty capital of the world, third most terrorised country on earth and 147 most corrupt nation on earth

Yeah, I can see why a lot of people would love to be part of such a lovely country grin

You contributed in whatever Nigeria has become and still contributing whether positively or negatively.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

Yes. Okugbe is headed by an Isoko monarchy. But I am made to understand this monarchy is wrongfully exercising authority over their Igbo neighbors in Osekwenike, Abuetor and others, even going as far as misrepresenting them in the government house.

This has been resisted, sometimes leading to violence.

So I know about it.
major problem of igbo is that you people lack basic knowledge,
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
major problem of igbo is you people lack basic knowledge

You don come o smiley
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

You don come o smiley
Only job Ndigbo have is to claim isoko territories up and down
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:

No o. We can never claim another ethnicity.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by BKayy: 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
God Forbid.
Isoko kwa?
Chineke ekwekwana ihe ọjọọ

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Igbo brethren I have successfully identified two President General of Osekwenike and Abuetor Comrs. Anthony Okorie and Lovely Agwor.
it time igbo should stop claiming isoko land
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
it time igbo should stop claiming isoko land

Lol. You no even get talk. I go call Nwanyi Ogwashi for you o.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Brimstone77: 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Miracle2020:
those minorities has already told you to leave them alone. The same way thaiwan told China.
You cannot force them to be igbos. The minorities has seen what is in your mind, you want to claim them because of the little oil you see in their backyard.
#ipobarethieves.
which minority are you talking about please??

Hope you typed that shit with your brain intact??

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by horsepower102: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

Although this is a good plan, I suggest you could also create this in tandem with already established groups. The Igbo history since 3000 BC group or something like that on Facebook already have big followings with representatives from different Igbo groups. You can work with them with this specific goal in mind.

You don't even need to go in search of these people. Many are already there...but yeah, that's a good idea.

Good idea

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by CovenHighPriest: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Can we form an Igbo outreach group made up of proud Igbos of Nairaland that would be a vehicle for reconnecting Igbo clans across Nigeria?

Supremos has forwarded this recommendation. I support and if I have the backing I will go ahead to create an Igwebuike Outreach page. What do you all think?

Ekealterego, gidgiddy, pass11, Ariani and others too numerous to mention.

Count me in. We need serious action not just words

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Miracle2020: 6:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Brimstone77:
which minority are you talking about please??

Hope you typed that shit with your brain intact??
what did wike tell you. Landgrabbers!!

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

It seems you checked up Comr. Anthony Okorie.

Nwagozu, Okorie : This is an Igbo community all through. Interestingly the Isoko continued to claim this communities as theirs through one unscrupulous Isoko monarch in a neighboring community.
your claim of Isoko community will not lead igbo where, so stop misleading the public
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:
These Igbo people in Bayelsa will not come out and be proud of it, because they sense no strong dedicated leadership in SE that could bankroll them against the formidable Izons!

Establish a strong Igbo nationalistic movement bankrolled by contributions of Igbo sons scattered all over the world and in Nigeria, with total commitment to empowering these groups if they bend the knee to the Igbo nation Noble cause and watch pendulum swing!

This is something we can do!

Umunnem, Igwebuike!
mugu which igbo people in bayelsa fool
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
your claim of Isoko community will not lead igbo where, so stop misleading the public

Haha. We are coming.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

They are Igbos already. Nature made them so.
You can't tell an Okorie from Abia, Okoye from Anambra and Anioma, to leave an Okoye in Bayelsa alone for Ijaw and Isoko people, without atleast making attempt to woo Okorie back to the fold.

You are the thief here!
What is the Link between an Ijaw man and an Okorie?
Are you okay at all?
are you from any of the community, claiming isoko land will only lead Igbo to their graveyard
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Osekwenike is Igbo while Abuetor is Isoko.
That's what I have discovered from my little investigation so far.

I can't see much info on Okpokiri on Google search.

Looks like these communities (Abuetor, Okpokiri and Osekwenike) are similar to those Isoko/Ndokwa co inhabited towns in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State.
Isoko people has been laying claim to those communities. Ndiigbo lacking in real nationalist movement since Igbo Union died in 1966 at hands of the drunkard Ironsi, have been sleeping on top bike.
who gave the Igbo the audacity to claim isoko territories both Osekwenike, Abuetor, Okpokiri are isoko communities, igbo don't have the right to annex isoko land.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 7:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

God Forbid.
Isoko kwa?
Chineke ekwekwana ihe ọjọọ
may be igbo did not learn anything from nigeria civil war
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by BKayy: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
may be igbo igbo want to learn from nigeria civil war
With your 2,000 population?
Yes, bring it on. We will show you in practicals what we learnt exactly.
That there is no honor in war.
No designated person to attack.
Consider all the ethnic group as soldiers.
So it is up to you people. You can take the brunt for others sha if you like

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

What is Okugbe? Where did you see Okugbe there?
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
BKayy:

With your 2,000 population?
Yes, bring it on. We will show you in practicals what we learnt exactly.
That there is no honor in war.
No designated person to attack.
Consider all the ethnic group as soldiers.
So it is up to you people. You can take the brunt for others sha if you like
igbo are only know for ranting
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Brimstone77: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Miracle2020:
who is wike
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Miracle2020:
don't mind those nomadic igbo trader
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Malawian(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Interesting.
This where we need a strong well funded Aggressive Igbo nationalism movement, to reach out to such individuals, oil their palms if need be, do some community projects in the community and Mount a sign board indicating that it was done by an Igbo body in the spirit of Igbo brotherhood.
Simple things like renovation of their dilapidated community primary and secondary school, providing chairs that would have logo and Igbo tag well printed on it.
These things are not hard, the only thing missing is the purposeful leadership.
You can't bribe an Igbo person to be Igbo. Moreover, those costal Igbos stand to be royalty in an Igbo country, since they will control trade routes, than in an Ijaw country where they will be slaves to the overbearing Ijaw. Ikwerre knows all about them during their days in the Old Rivers State. Ijaw dealt with Ikwerre so bad that Ikwerre came and begged Igbos to epp their souls.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Malawian(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

They are not the only group. There is a smaller group called, "Buseni". I know like one or two personally, although I have not been in contact for a long time. Many of them speak some form of Igbo and even dress Igbo sometimes. They even have Igbo surnames. But they are so small that they have mixed with people around them. Even their chiefs still wear the traditional isi-agu right there in Bayelsa.
However, to be fair they just identify as "Buseni" and probably also speak other couple of native languages in addition. They are small and have been absolved. I can't call them Igbo completely but yeah..
Any tribe with 1% Igbo blood is 100% Igbo to me and we will claim and include them in the greater Igbo nation. After we have finished with all the identifiable Igbo tribes, we will look inside that Ijaw remainders and see which of them is not 100% Ijaw and excise them from the Ijaw domineering influence. Ijaw don buy Market from Igboman hand and they must pay cash.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Malawian(m): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:
These Igbo people in Bayelsa will not come out and be proud of it, because they sense no strong dedicated leadership in SE that could bankroll them against the formidable Izons!

Establish a strong Igbo nationalistic movement bankrolled by contributions of Igbo sons scattered all over the world and in Nigeria, with total commitment to empowering these groups if they bend the knee to the Igbo nation Noble cause and watch pendulum swing!

This is something we can do!

Umunnem, Igwebuike!
Igbos do not bend the knee. Infact I will disregard them as Igbos if they ever came to bend the knee. Igbo is a Nation! All Tribes together for the common goal, every tribe to itself for their personal goals.
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by oyatz(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
mdntiri:

I'm Ghanaian I've never heard of this Ijaws are from Ghana thing I keep seeing here. Ashanti is in the interior of Ghana and has no coastline

Hmn, you shaa want to puncture their balloon of lies

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by BKayy: 12:43am On Sep 08, 2021
isokomarine:
igbo are only know for ranting
And what are your 2k group of people called again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News, Video Of The On Going Attack In Abuja~video / Fasheun's Response To Sanusi: Must Read / There Is No Stopping Fashola’s Probe —keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.