Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! (7248 Views)

Buhari Silent Because Most Nigerians Killed In South Africa Are Igbos – Omokri / Tinubu: Fani-kayode Speaks On Attack Of Igbos In Lagos / APC Hate Igbos In Lagos - Jimi Agbaje Of The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by IDeyNL: 10:06am On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

So we should abandon our brothers

Have they themselves identified with you?
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

What is Okugbe? Where did you see Okugbe there?
before you make post or comments you should have carried out research, those places are part of isoko territories in bayelsa state also know as okugbe isoko
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by RobbStark(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2021
Brimstone77:
you can simply prove the op wrong if you think he is lying than this rumble ruster you typed above.....

I have nothing to prove to people who have shown to be delusional.

That will be a waste of my prescious time.

They shud just continue disceiving themselves.
It will always end in tears as always

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Supremos: 10:35am On Sep 07, 2021
IDeyNL:

Have they themselves identified with you?
Igbo land is Igbo irrespective of who denies it or not.

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
before you make post or comments you should have carried out research, those places are part of isoko territories in bayelsa state also know as okugbe isoko

Yes. Okugbe is headed by an Isoko monarchy. But I am made to understand this monarchy is wrongfully exercising authority over their Igbo neighbors in Osekwenike, Abuetor and others, even going as far as misrepresenting them in the government house.

This has been resisted, sometimes leading to violence.

So I know about it.

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by gidgiddy: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2021
paramakina202:

What remains is to dump the name Biafra cos we hinterland Igbos can't be bearing a name given by Protuguese sailors.

But you Nigerians have no problem answering a name given by a British Soldiers girlfriend?

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by paramakina202: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2021
gidgiddy:

But you Nigerians have no problem answering a name given by a British Soldiers girlfriend?

We can't condemn Lugard for giving us a name and still choose a name given by Portuguese sailors,how then are you better than Nigerians?
Moreover we hinterland Igbos have no direct connection to Birth of Biafra since those who live by the Coast of Biafra said they are not interested in forming a country with us.It is like the Serbs of Serbia retaining Yugoslavia after the disintegration of that country or Russia retaining USSR as her name after the colapse of the union.It does't make sense.Biafra only makes sense when all the people of old Eastern region are involve.Opugo that suggested that name to Ojukwu is from Bayelsa and him people say they no do again,why must you continue with it even when we nolonger have access to the birth of Biafra as a ressult of Ijaw pullout from the union?

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by isokomarine: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

Yes. Okugbe is headed by an Isoko monarchy. But I am made to understand this monarchy is wrongfully exercising authority over their Igbo neighbors in Osekwenike, Abuetor and others, even going as far as misrepresenting them in the government house.

This has been resisted, sometimes leading to violence.

So I know about it.
that is not true

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 11:37am On Sep 07, 2021
isokomarine:
that is not true

It is.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by ruggedtimi(m): 11:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Igbos dey everywhere.....wats this self...una no dey tire

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2021
Igbo brethren I have successfully identified two President General of Osekwenike and Abuetor Comrs. Anthony Okorie and Lovely Agwor.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Brimstone77: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2021
RobbStark:

you could had simply ignored the thread since it's of no important to you..

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Pass11: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2021
RobbStark:

Prepare your case well in case you want to take it to international court when the time come because you may loose kalabar and okirka people who colonial masters record and documented as originally Igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 11:48am On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Igbo brethren I have successfully identified two President General of Osekwenike and Abuetor Comrs. Anthony Okorie and Lovely Agwor.

Interesting.
This where we need a strong well funded Aggressive Igbo nationalism movement, to reach out to such individuals, oil their palms if need be, do some community projects in the community and Mount a sign board indicating that it was done by an Igbo body in the spirit of Igbo brotherhood.
Simple things like renovation of their dilapidated community primary and secondary school, providing chairs that would have logo and Igbo tag well printed on it.
These things are not hard, the only thing missing is the purposeful leadership.

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 11:50am On Sep 07, 2021
By Edighomor Victor, Yenagoa.

A Sagbama High Court holdeñ in Yenagoa says Mr Anthony Okorie and Mr Otuvie Davidson are the President and Secretary General respectively in Osekwenike community in Sagbama LGA of Delta state.

In a judgement delivered by Justice E.J Omokoro,the Judge stated that the Osikwenike community’s election which was conducted on the 26/6/2014, was valid and the duo were duly elected, generally accepted by the people of the community but were denied the opportunity to carry out their duties as both President and Secretary by Hon. Prosper Nwagozu who refused to relinquish office for the new executives.

The Court ordered Hon Prosper to handover all community documents in his possession to the new executives and should further stop parading himself as the president of the community since the new executives has the backing of the elders,chiefs,women and youths of the community.

The Court also granted awarded a general damage of #350,000.00 to the complainants for the stress and expenses they incurred in the course of the trial since 2017 and a #50,000.00 to be paid to the Court by the defendant, the Court further ordered AGIP and others to stop dealing with Hon Prosper but should only deal with the new executives of the community.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Alfamann: 11:51am On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

So in essence no Igbos in Bayelsa?

He thinks Bayelsa is a tribe.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Interesting.
This where we need a strong well funded Aggressive Igbo nationalism movement, to reach out to such individuals, oil their palms if need be, do some community projects in the community and Mount a sign board indicating that it was done by an Igbo body in the spirit of Igbo brotherhood.
Simple things like renovation of their dilapidated community primary and secondary school, providing chairs that would have logo and Igbo tag well printed on it.
These things are not hard, the only thing missing is the purposeful leadership.

You no lie. Very easy. I may start an Igbo outreach.

Time will be my greatest stumbling block though.

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 11:57am On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:
By Edighomor Victor, Yenagoa.

A Sagbama High Court holdeñ in Yenagoa says Mr Anthony Okorie and Mr Otuvie Davidson are the President and Secretary General respectively in Osekwenike community in Sagbama LGA of Delta state.

In a judgement delivered by Justice E.J Omokoro,the Judge stated that the Osikwenike community’s election which was conducted on the 26/6/2014, was valid and the duo were duly elected, generally accepted by the people of the community but were denied the opportunity to carry out their duties as both President and Secretary by Hon. Prosper Nwagozu who refused to relinquish office for the new executives.

The Court ordered Hon Prosper to handover all community documents in his possession to the new executives and should further stop parading himself as the president of the community since the new executives has the backing of the elders,chiefs,women and youths of the community.

The Court also granted awarded a general damage of #350,000.00 to the complainants for the stress and expenses they incurred in the course of the trial since 2017 and a #50,000.00 to be paid to the Court by the defendant, the Court further ordered AGIP and others to stop dealing with Hon Prosper but should only deal with the new executives of the community.

See what I'm seeing o!

Mr Okorie and Mr Nwagozu shocked

Bkayy, Eastlink

Come and see o!
What has been seen cannot be unseen!

We need a multi billion naira financed Igbo nationalist movement. Ijaws appropriated Igboland into Bayelsa, such ish cannot stand.

Onye ji igu ka-ewu n'eso.
We can bring back all lost tribes of Igboland.

There are indeed without any hint of doubt Igbos indigenous in Bayelsa!

This is big!

Ohanaeze Ndiigbo has been a colossal failure. We need a new body totally dedicated to this task!
It can be done! Yes!

https://dailywatchng.org/court-confirms-okorie-otuvie-as-president-secretary-in-osekwenike-community/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 11:58am On Sep 07, 2021
Let me invite Ichie Idiko1 who spurred me on to seek this path.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ekealterego: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

You no lie. Very easy. I may start an Igbo outreach.

Time will be my greatest stumbling block though.

They are not the only group. There is a smaller group called, "Buseni". I know like one or two personally, although I have not been in contact for a long time. Many of them speak some form of Igbo and even dress Igbo sometimes. They even have Igbo surnames. But they are so small that they have mixed with people around them. Even their chiefs still wear the traditional isi-agu right there in Bayelsa.
However, to be fair they just identify as "Buseni" and probably also speak other couple of native languages in addition. They are small and have been absolved. I can't call them Igbo completely but yeah..

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

See what I'm seeing o!

Mr Okorie and Mr Nwagozu shocked

Bkayy, Eastlink

Come and see o!
What has been seen cannot be unseen!

We need a multi billion naira financed Igbo natuonalist movement.

Onye ji igu ka-ewu n'eso.
We can bring back all lost tribes of Igboland.

There are indeed without any hint of doubt Igbos indigenous in Bayelsa!

This is big!

Ohanaeze Ndiigbo has been a colossal failure. We need a new body totally dedicated to this task!
It can be done! Yes!

It seems you checked up Comr. Anthony Okorie.

Nwagozu, Okorie : This is an Igbo community all through. Interestingly the Isoko continued to claim this communities as theirs through one unscrupulous Isoko monarch in a neighboring community.

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
These Igbo people in Bayelsa will not come out and be proud of it, because they sense no strong dedicated leadership in SE that could bankroll them against the formidable Izons!

Establish a strong Igbo nationalistic movement bankrolled by contributions of Igbo sons scattered all over the world and in Nigeria, with total commitment to empowering these groups if they bend the knee to the Igbo nation Noble cause and watch pendulum swing!

This is something we can do!

Umunnem, Igwebuike!

5 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

They are not the only group. There is a smaller group called, "Buseni". I know like one or two personally, although I have not been in contact for a long time. Many of them speak some form of Igbo and even dress Igbo sometimes. They even have Igbo surnames. But they are so small that they have mixed with people around them. Even their chiefs still wear the traditional isi-agu right there in Bayelsa.
However, to be fair they just identify as "Buseni" and probably also speak other couple of native languages in addition. They are small and have been absolved. I can't call them Igbo completely but yeah..

Okay good I will scour the information nexus for "Buseni".

I also do suspect there are Ekpeye communities in Bayelsa. Though they are likely very remote.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

It seems you checked up Comr. Anthony Okorie.

Nwagozu, Okorie : This is an Igbo community all through. Interestingly the Isoko continued to claim this communities as theirs through one unscrupulous Isoko monarch in a neighboring community.

Yeah.
I did.
Ohanaeze Ndiigbo has been a total colossal failure!

Someone remind me again what the function and use of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo? shocked

4 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Miracle2020: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Brimstone77:
igbos are not trying to force any minority tribe..we are simply trying to unite our Igbo brother that were separated from us by the Nigerian government...

China despite their strength, population,and land mass couldn't let go of Taiwan and Hong Kong,does that also make them attachee by force or land grabbers??

I never wanted a Biafra nation that involve multiple ethnic nationality,but I stand with the unification of the Igbo race not minding your location...
those minorities has already told you to leave them alone. The same way thaiwan told China.
You cannot force them to be igbos. The minorities has seen what is in your mind, you want to claim them because of the little oil you see in their backyard.
#ipobarethieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
In one Kalabari discussion someone mentioned that Brass speak Igbo and Nembe is more or less Kalabari.

Brass and Igbo : please who can elucidate?

2 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ekealterego:

I Know of Biseni.
They are like Igbide who has now been Isokonized.

Biseni people are originally of same stock as Ogba, Ndoni and Ogbaru and Ukwuani people.
They were proto Igboid people.
But the town got overrun by Ijaws from Ghana who overwhelmed the natives in population.
So today Biseni has been completely ijawnized with few traces of original Igboid here and there.

We can't salvage Biseni anymore just like Igbide. We have to accept that they're now Fully Ijaws as they no longer speak an Igboid language as their first language.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Ariani: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Miracle2020:
those minorities has already told you to leave them alone. The same way thaiwan told China.
You cannot force them to be igbos. The minorities has seen what is in your mind, you want to claim them because of the little oil you see in their backyard.
#ipobarethieves.

They are Igbos already. Nature made them so.
You can't tell an Okorie from Abia, Okoye from Anambra and Anioma, to leave an Okoye in Bayelsa alone for Ijaw and Isoko people, without atleast making attempt to woo Okorie back to the fold.

You are the thief here!
What is the Link between an Ijaw man and an Okorie?
Are you okay at all?

9 Likes

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Abohboy: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
In one Kalabari discussion someone mentioned that Brass speak Igbo and Nembe is more or less Kalabari.

Brass and Igbo : please who can elucidate?

Igbo were the main traders along the lower Niger and Brass was a major point of trade between British and Africans so the Igbo went down south and set up base in that area. It was even written by the Lander Brothers if i'm not mistaken that Brass was in servitude to Obi Ossai and he had to kneel down on his head in order to speak to Obi Ossai added to that not sure if this news is verified but a lot of the metal used in Brass like swords, religious items, guns etc. Were allegedly made in Awka so there's definitely a strong link but the indigenous people are defo the Nembe other the last 400-500 years Igbo have begun entering the area and their influence is now being seen.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by SlayerForever: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

Yeah.
I did.
Ohanaeze Ndiigbo has been a total colossal failure!

Someone remind me again what the function and use of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo? shocked

When I viciously attacked Ohanaeze here some years ago one Ohanaeze man pounced on me cry

Since then I gave some things a second thought and avoided them a bit going further.

1 Like

Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Abohboy: 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:

I Know of Biseni.
They are like Igbide who has now been Isokonized.

Biseni people are originally of same stock as Ogba, Ndoni and Ogbaru and Ukwuani people.
They were proto Igboid people.
But the town got overrun by Ijaws from Ghana who overwhelmed the natives in population.
So today Biseni has been completely ijawnizec with few traces of original Igboid here and there.

We can't salvage Biseni anymore just like Igbide. We have to accept that they're now Fully Ijaws.

Ijaw from Ghana?
Re: There Are Igbos In Bayelsa! by Abohboy: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Miracle2020:
#ipobarethieves.

Igbos aren't trying to claim any minority groups only trying to claim other Igbo groups and frankly it is in the best interest of the izon, Isoko, Urhobo and any other Niger Deltan group to unite with the Igbo at least politically because this gives them a larger and better stance on decision making and on development. My overall view is for the whole south to unite but for that to happen we must start with the Igbos and their splinter groups.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano, Jigawa Farmers, Motorists Count Losses Amidst Fuel Scarcity / New Pics Of National Media Tour -day 2 / Happy Birthday To Hon. Minister Of Mines And Steel Devpt (dr. John Kayode Fayem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.