Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy (28466 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:
Wow! That was a bold move, man.

Anyways, Lil Baby is always my fave. cool

correct guy, but my hair is shorter though and barbed the sides low cut , it's just the centre that I did like that
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by folake4u(f): 6:45am On Sep 08, 2021
TMTR:

I just tire o,

So I will leave all the sexy and beautiful damsels both home and abroad dying to warm my bed, it's now my daughter, someone that I raised and watched grow up, that I will now be sexually attracted to, come on, that guy dey ment if not I don't what it is

The truth is that Nigerians are very paranoid in situations like this.
And even then sef, you can't really blame him because of the news we hear daily involving men defiling their daughters.

Lmao. Easy, tiger! grin

8 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Justbehave(m): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2021
Hmmm. So why did you decide to adopt? You are still very young or is their something behind it you re not telling us. E g. Impotence
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by StPete: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2021
TMTR:

Well I don't really blame you, I blame the fúked up world that we live in that views every action someone takes no matter how selfless suspiciously and then again age is just a numerical figure, doesn't really mean shít, cause I have seen people in their fifties and above that behave like kids , very immature and I have seen 20 years old that behave very very mature, that if they don't tell you their age, you would think that they are very advanced in age .

So I like said earlier age is just a number and don't mean shít and there is nothing more to it other than someone that just loves children and loves being around children

Stop overthinking it

You're not mature. Your responses aren't mature. You aren't seeing a clearer picture now until you get to at least 30. This was how Michael Jackson started off till he was first made to cough out some sums and he gave himself brain. It's a cute thing to want a child but I'm not sure you're emotionally ready for the weight that comes with having one

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 7:23am On Sep 08, 2021
StPete:

You're not mature. Your responses aren't mature. You aren't seeing a clearer picture now until you get to at least 30. This was how Michael Jackson started off till he was first made to cough out some sums and he gave himself brain. It's a cute thing to want a child but I'm not sure you're emotionally ready for the weight that comes with having one

When I get to thirty,I would adopt another one maybe two this time, so save your sermon for those that needs it cause I don't tongue

11 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by MufasaLion: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2021
TMTR:

correct guy, but my hair is shorter though and barbed the sides low cut , it's just the centre that I did like that

All right, man. Your sig. is from Future's cool

I'm a die-hard Trap fan.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Mindlog: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2021
I will want to believe children within the custody of registered orphanages in Nigeria are expected to have their details lodged in a family courts and when there is a request for adoption, officials from the state ministry responsible, their social workers and the family courts get involved.

The magistrate is the one who gives final order for the release of the child to the adoptive parent/parents, which is a long and windy process but in Nigeria, some orphanages are into runs.

Accross the world, there is a huge skepticism when it comes to a single male wanting to adopt a girl child as it is usually rejected, the psychologists involved in the process usually do not approve such an arrangement as the request is usually met with raised eyebrows.

It is not just an issue of having a dirty mind or not but the most important thing is how it will help the child to be exposed to less risks and adjust better in life, going forward.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2021
Munzy14:

Yea...It's a personal decision....I realised I like kids a lot...And they like me too..

One day I went to a place to get some food stuffs, the woman's little baby ran to me..Before I could blink, I was carrying her..The mom look me finish shock..

Say her baby will never allow anyone carry her, even her hubby..Ma si ya na awu m agbara..grin

Av heard this scenario several times with different people.

Agbara umuaka. grin

I sha know I will adopt one...After having two from future madam...cheesy

Don’t forget to have the discussion with whoever it might be.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

All right, man. Your sig. is from Future's cool

I'm a die-hard Trap fan.

Had to take a look at his signature...so immature undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by MufasaLion: 9:18am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Had to take a look at his signature...so immature undecided

Lol

How's it immature?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by greenie77: 9:19am On Sep 08, 2021
Interesting comments.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:24am On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol

How's it immature?

The b!tch part...more like shallow cheesy

Including yours. I just could never get it. grin
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Munzy14(m): 9:26am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Agbara umuaka. grin

Don’t forget to have the discussion with whoever it might be.
Lol

Surely....I ones did with last ex....She said it's nice...But later on wondered why I will want to adopt when she can have more than two.....But later on said I want a sexy wife for life..grin

Child birth take a toll on most women..So I will prefer just few kids from a wife...Make her body no comot from how I met her.

Then adopt one or two babies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by MufasaLion: 9:28am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

The b!tch part...more like shallow cheesy

Including yours. I just could never get it. grin

grin grin grin

It ain't shallow tongue

What songs do you listen to, anyways?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol

Surely....I ones did with last ex....She said it's nice...But later on wondered why I will want to adopt when she can have more than two.....But later on said I want a sexy wife for life..grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Odiegwu!

Tell the next one that it’s your way of serving humanity. cheesy

Child birth take a toll on most women..So I will prefer just few kids from a wife...Make her body no comot from how I met her.

I hukwa gi ehn... cheesy
So, she was right after all.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:33am On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

It ain't shallow tongue

It is. cheesy

What songs do you listen to, anyways?

When I told someone I listen to all kinds of music (from different genres), he said it was impossible, and I was like undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Munzy14(m): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Odiegwu!

Tell the next one that it’s your way of serving humanity. cheesy

I hukwa gi ehn... cheesy
So, she was right after all.
Lol...I will tell her same thing I told the last...If she is fine with it, we proceed to Implementations.

Of course she was right..She knows me more than any one else will for the time spent.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 9:37am On Sep 08, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol...I will tell her same thing I told the last...If she is fine with it, we proceed to Implementations.

Of course she was right..She knows me more than any one else will for the time spent.

Ngwanu...cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by MufasaLion: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

It is. cheesy

When I told someone I listen to all kinds of music (from different genres), he said it was impossible, and I was like undecided

It ain't SHALLOW angry

However, it's very possible to listen to different genres of music but it's likely to prefer one (or some) to others.

I'm more of Hip-Hop/Trap. I prefer them to any other genre, although I listen to other genres but not often. One thing I know is that the songs you listen to definitely have either positive or negative influence on you.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

It ain't SHALLOW angry

However, it's very possible to listen to different genres of music but it's likely to prefer one (or some) to others.

I'm more of Hip-Hop/Trap. I prefer them to any other genre, although I listen to other genres but not often. One thing I know is that the songs you listen to definitely have either positive or negative influence on you.

I just love all kinds of music.
For every mood, there’s a perfect music. So, I shouldn’t have to choose.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by MufasaLion: 10:11am On Sep 08, 2021
mariahAngel:

I just love all kinds of music.
For every mood, there’s a perfect music. So, I shouldn’t have to choose.

You're right. Music instructor. cool

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Aurelius1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
TMTR:

yeah right but I did it , though it wasn't easy
Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin
You have a heart of gold. Kudos to you.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by michlins(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you for giving her a new and good life
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by DisLifeSha: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Please, can you help me

TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Sirmuel1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Abeg you go adopt me? I no get Papa and I don tire cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Alfamann: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Too many gays in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Ogana325: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
congratulations bro .... wish to adopt someday
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Parisian: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
Na man you be!
TMTR:

Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by HBB1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
StPete:

You are quite condescending you know?

..and I think your thinking is too simplistic.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by slimhomiequan(m): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

So no stress grin

You're a real niggar

More money for your aza
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by neyoohhh: 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
I don't trust this nigga. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Princeton92(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
I've always wanted to adopt a chil but I don't know the process involved in it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / My Mother Wants Us To Stop Bearing Our Father's Name / How Paternity Fraud Is Finding Its Way Into Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.