Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy (28477 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by vickydevoka(m): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
anastasius:

Kudos but
why not a guy? I am not comfortable with you adopting a female. Make thunder strike you to death if you ever molest her
Everybody doesn't have corrupt mindset Abeg. Wen u adopt a child de come check on them
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Yes she is already in primary one , she is doing great

Good to hear. Daddies like us love stories like these.

Keep us posted. Never mind the childish morons in here that make the majority
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by anoziechi(f): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
Am up for adoption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 5:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
Limassol:
Chilax lady! Did you notice in another thread where this guy is boasting he earns in $$? His ways are dubius. Let him come clean else no one will take him seriously. Not even in the US young people adopt kids(op was 25 when he made the move), it's odd and questionable. Do you even know the cost of succesfully raising a child and giving that child a memorable childhood? Even people in rich people countries think twice about this before making the move. Think about this. Being gullibe leads to regrets!

I wish y'all can see how I am laughing real hard over here because of this comment.

So because I earn in dollars ,then I must be dubious. Mehn come on grin and I don't what you are yapping about me coming clean , come clean about what exactly

And don't worry about my financial capabilities of raising her cause that's the least of my worries
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by TMTR: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
WUdec:

Good to hear. Daddies like us love stories like these.

Keep us posted. Never mind the childish morons in here that make the majority

Thanks man

All those comments was expected so I am not surprised considering the kind of country we are in , I understand they are shocked that someone can do such a selfless act.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Mrsoft3(m): 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Marriage is not for everyone, even God said this. undecided

2. What is so special about having your own kids? undecided

3. There are children out here already in need of the same exact love and attention you intend to give your own kids. Why not give to these one's already here instead? Are they nor worth it? undecided

When did God ever said don't marry?

God said multiple and replenish
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Disturb: 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by omoharry(f): 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

That's a noble cause. I wish you the success you desire!
Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkiee: 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mrsoft3:
1.When did God ever said don't marry?
1. The fact that God made some Eunuchs from birth, allowed others to become and others to chose to be Eunuchs means God never made marriage a mandatory union. Jesus Christ reiterated this fact in His teachings in Matthew 19.

2. God never said all of you must multiply.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by zicoraads: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
pocohantas:

After all the hearts you done break? You must marry and collect enough breakfast o. You must marry Zicoraads. grin
grin grin

...I no dey collect anything. I have decided that marriage is not for me.

My heart is too fragile. grin cheesy
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by begoniaa: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Getting married is a choice and if you don't want to, it's perfectly okay. However, whatever you do, don't be a wayward father. The child's self esteem will stem from how you treat women. Let her know that there's more to life that being a good wife. Tell her that regardless of her gender, she can be anything she wants to be in life. Tell her that it's not cool to refer to women as "bitches", "vagina people" or "that gender" cause they are human as we are. Tell her to always voice her opinion even in a society where it doesn't seem to count. Tell her to look beyond the stigmatization of Nigerian girls and pursue her dreams head-on. Tell her to be careful with the boy child but know that he's not an enemy.

Lol... reading this "advice" while looking at his signature like. Toor. Ok.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Limassol(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

I wish y'all can see how I am laughing real hard over here because of this comment.

So because I earn in dollars ,then I must be dubious. Mehn come on grin and I don't what you are yapping about me coming clean , come clean about what exactly

And don't worry about my financial capabilities of raising her cause that's the least of my worries
What do you do for a living? Let's start from here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by HottieCoach(f): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Op can we see her picture you can blur her face .I will love to adopt one day maybe African Americans kids I love them .lol

LOL.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by 1Sharon(f): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
FarmTech:

This isn't a good idea oo. [b]Sinners can't differentiate many rights from wrong. It takes maturity in Christ to do that. [/b]Eg many sinners sees nothing wrong with immodesty, seductive behaviors, dirty songs, jokes and movies etc. Argue with them all u like, they don't see these as wrong.
That girl will soon grow and controlling her will become difficult or impossible. No matter how much she loves u, she won't listen to ur advice and warnings. And she will dabble into sex.
Look around and see all the bad influence in the society today. U need Christ to train her the right way.
Hebrews 5:14: But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Pls just keep quiet. Majority of Nigerians are Christians but isn't Nigeria morally bankrupt?

If you drop your phone on the streets in Japan, they'll find a way to get it back to you.

If it happens in Nigeria, will you see your phone again?

And the Japanese don't believe in Jesus!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by 1Sharon(f): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mrsoft3:

When did God ever said don't marry?

He also said fornication is a sin, how many Nigerians obey that?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Fabulouslouie(m): 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2021
I'm not lonely in this after all

God bless you comrade

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Ogbale247: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Wow! Congratulations @OP!!

On a serious note, how did you go about it? I have longed to adopt a child but the stories I hear discouraged me.

My wife and I will love to adopt. Please, let me know the state, procedure, and cost.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by zubimete(f): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Lol, I was expecting a comment like this and I wasn't disappointed, like I said in my earlier thread,
'I no fit for baby mama wahala'

Well I considered that option but I thought about it and was like nah, maybe later in the future but definitely not now.

And about my thing not working hahaha
Bring ya sister to come spend a night with me, she go testify give you in the morning about the marvelous work of my thing cheesy
Op na comedian. Favoured child.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by phemmyfour: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Lol, I was expecting a comment like this and I wasn't disappointed, like I said in my earlier thread,
'I no fit for baby mama wahala'

Well I considered that option but I thought about it and was like nah, maybe later in the future but definitely not now.

And about my thing not working hahaha
Bring ya sister to come spend a night with me, she go testify give you in the morning about the marvelous work of my thing cheesy
you are afraid of sex....tell us, we won't beat you. You're suffering from genophobia
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Remag666:
No man I just took that picture in BOOA grin
Do I look familiar? Perhaps we've met on campus
Na... Just recognised the surrounding. Stupid school
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin grin grin no let those great Ife people catch you
anastasius:

Na... Just recognised the surrounding. Stupid school
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by tonididdy(m): 9:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

yeah right but I did it , though it wasn't easy
Sometimes though the orphanage pays us a visit to check up on her and they can testify that she is doing great.

Put her in the best school I can find in my state, the school that she attends is also being attented by children and relatives of politicians in my state of residence , trust me she is living the life of a princess cheesy

The orphanage are now the ones telling me to adopt more but I am like nah for now maybe later in the future

So no stress grin
Sorry to say but you def have skeleton in your cupboard.
... we all do sha, I believe.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Getting married is a choice and if you don't want to, it's perfectly okay. However, whatever you do, don't be a wayward father. The child's self esteem will stem from how you treat women. Let her know that there's more to life that being a good wife. Tell her that regardless of her gender, she can be anything she wants to be in life. Tell her that it's not cool to refer to women as "bitches", "vagina people" or "that gender" cause they are human as we are. Tell her to always voice her opinion even in a society where it doesn't seem to count. Tell her to look beyond the stigmatization of Nigerian girls and pursue her dreams head-on. Tell her to be careful with the boy child but know that he's not an enemy.

grin grin grin grin
Let me guess, you're studying gender studies in Canada or what

"I'm not a misogynist" too wink

Too bad his signature already has the word "bitch" in it. Or perhaps the world is too complex to group people by a skewed, indoctrination-esque SJW lens such as yours.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Which civilized society would that be? undecided

Are you the same as Kobojunkiee?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkiee: 10:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
mariahAngel:
Are you the same as Kobojunkiee?
Yep! undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by mariahAngel(f): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Yep! undecided

Noted.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by KIDDRICAsHAWK: 10:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Don't mind them. They stay in their small world and limit everyone to their yeye standards. There's a 21 year old I follow on Twitter that currently earns in dollars just from writing. Tsk tsk tsk!!!

Anyway op, you no go adopt me as your younger sister? tongue
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by KIDDRICAsHAWK: 10:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
Munzy14 and Zicoraads grin grin

Zicoraads, I don pick asoebi for your wedding. I dey wait for you to bring the bride undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Eaglesence: 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Pictures of you and your daughter or i dont believe. And, guy, i need guidance on how to adopt a child too. How do we go about it biko
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by zicoraads: 10:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
KIDDRICAsHAWK:
Munzy14 and Zicoraads grin grin

Zicoraads, I don pick asoebi for your wedding. I dey wait for you to bring the bride undecided
Omo...

WomenAScum abeg... grin cheesy

I go soon adopt pikin. Come buy one dog. Shikenan. C'est fini. grin
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Advantaged: 10:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
So, you're a male, a single male (sorry if I missed where you said you are married if you did) and a court granted your application to adopt a female three year old? In this country?
I'm sorry but that is very hard for me to believe.
The adoption process never begins and ends with the orphanage home. The court must be involved.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by DatIbibioboy(m): 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Why don't you want to get married?
Why don't you want to have your own child?

Why choosing to adopt?
I don't want to get married cus I don't want to.

I will have my own biological child(just 1 will do) and its gonna be through surrogacy. But my first 2 kids will be adopted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Paternity Fraud Is Finding Its Way Into Northern Nigeria / Christmas Giveaway For A Single Mother / My Parents Are Against Me Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.