Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy (28487 Views)

Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / Nigerian Couple Welcomes Triplets After 6 Years Of Infertility & Adopting A Baby / What Is The Cost And Procedures For Adopting A Baby In Nigeria- Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by AutoChick4U(f): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Mrsoft3:

You don take this matter personal o. Wait is it that you don't like what the op did? Or you are talking from an ugly experience point of view?
Ugly experience? Well its not a common happening but I'm glad he did. He's a responsible young man.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by nazimakash6: 9:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Web 2.0 sites will pass strong juice from layers below them straight to your main site.
Extremely safe technique because you are not getting a large number of links directly to
your site but quality contextual backlinks from high DA Web 2.0 properties with content
related to your niche.
https://www.seoclerks.us
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
greenie77:
Hmm....a bachelor who was not up to 25 years old, just a young adult being legally granted adoption of a child especially a female toddler by a State's Ministry of Social Welfare is so ODD! shocked
Very very
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
DatIbibioboy:

Bro thank you for adopting her. Your post has motivated me to do same when I'm done with service. I've never wanted to get married or do baby mama, but I have always wanted to raise and love children be it biological or adopted. Money and comfort is not my issue.
Come and adopt me nah.... Am just 3years of age.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Missionaire: 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Limassol:
Chilax lady! Did you notice in another thread where this guy is boasting he earns in $$? His ways are dubius. Let him come clean else no one will take him seriously. Not even in the US young people adopt kids(op was 25 when he made the move), it's odd and questionable. Do you even know the cost of succesfully raising a child and giving that child a memorable childhood? Even people in rich people countries think twice about this before making the move. Think about this. Being gullibe leads to regrets!

1. How does someone saying he earns in dollars become boasting and him dubious? Many people earn in dollars and many do not hesitate to say so especially on threads that deal with the economy of the nation and Naira to dollar conversion.
2. You talking about the cost of raising a child when you already know that he is more well to do than many men in their thirties who just started a family and have more people to take care of does not make sense. If he had a baby mama at the age of 25, would you say the same thing about the cost of raising a child or does it only apply to raising children that are adopted?
Many celebrities in their twenties have and had baby mamas in their twenties. How old were Davido and WizKid when they had their first babies? Did you preach same to them?
3. You are just bitter and pained. Maybe you should look for that domain name flipping thread and also learn How To earn in dollars.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Missionaire: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
TMTR:

okay,let me just outline the process involved to the best of my knowledge because my lawyer practically handled everything and I was just being updated on the progress of everything because of my busy schedule.

First you write to the state ministry, ministry of women affairs and social development to be pricise accompanied with relevant documents like ID, A medical Certificate of fitness from a government hospital, Evidence of means you will use to take of the child be it business or gainful employment, passport photographs, if the ministry deems your application fit , they will then forward to the courts for processing , the courts will no now decide if to do an open Court hearing or in the chambers.

After that, the court will assign an Officer to inspect the applicants which includes home visits and even visits to your workplace and business to ascertain if all your documents are true and if you are capable of taking care of the child. The officer then reports then back to the court about his findings, if his report is positive, the child will now be given to you on probation for three months or more but mine was three months to see how well you will do with the child, only if you pass the probation will your adoption application be granted.

Mind you , the court still reserves the rights to revoke your adoption until the child turns 18 if they one day pay you an unexpected visit and found out that you maltreat the child or something like that. So always make you are treating the child right.

And to your question , yes she did appear in court
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Youngsage: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
1Sharon:

Hmmm..I can see the reply button, try again

Same ish. See ss below

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by 1Sharon(f): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
Youngsage:

Same ish. See ss below

Wow shocked

Cc seun

I guess ppl have been banned from responding?

From my end:

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Youngsage: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
1Sharon:

Wow shocked

Cc seun

I guess ppl have been banned from responding?

From my end:

Hmmm... shocked

That's most likely what happened. They probably resorted to doing that, instead of closing the thread outrightly.

E be things grin
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by 1Sharon(f): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
Youngsage:

Hmmm... shocked

That's most likely what happened. They probably resorted to doing that, instead of closing the thread outrightly.

E be things grin

Chaiii...

I'm calling the mods attention to this

1 Like

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Assumptabeke(f): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2021
zicoraads:
Abi make i forget marriage, just adopt pikin? grin embarassed

This thing just enter my head as I read wetin the OP write.
Once I am very comfortable, instead of going through the stress of looking for who to start a family with, I can just adopt a child or two and start one.
Relationship these days is very hard. Most people seem to be tending towards the selfishness spectrum more.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

What were the requirements before you could adopt her? I also thought single people couldn't really adopt children so easily and if they were going to adopt the agencies or organizations ( honestly don't know what they're called) they're supposed to like give you only the babies that are same gender as you, but I'll like to know what the requirements were
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Notyourfriend: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkiee: 4:04am On Feb 14, 2022
Adoption makes a whole lot of sense. undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Fireboy02: 7:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Adoption makes a whole lot of sense. undecided
Where una dey see money
Teach me ols
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Mar 16, 2022
Fireboy02:

Where una dey see money
Teach me ols
I no be school. undecided
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Fireboy02: 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I no be school. undecided
Lol
But what type of business do u do
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:21am On Mar 24, 2022
deekseen:
Much as I'm saying kudos to you for this feat I still think it's proper to raise a child in a family setting - A father, a mother and the child(ren).

Consider this.
what is your contribution to the rest of the kids still on the street and in the orphanages? I hate negative people raining down on positivity when the sun is shinning.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:22am On Mar 24, 2022
This story is good but it provides little or no clue to others who want to adopt a child as well
TMTR:

Hello, good day cheesy,

https://www.nairaland.com/4538476/want-adopt-child

y'all remember the thread I created back in 2018 ,well I did succeed adopting a child, I adopted her from a orphanage and I will say my experience during the process of adopting her was really difficult than I Imagined, first I was a single young guy not even in my mid twenties yet and I had tattoos and lil tjay and lil baby kind of hair styles (those familiar with them will know the kind of hair style I am talking about grin) oh mhen the stereotyping was off the roof, what did they not say, is it been called a ritualist , mhen I was suffered by the abusive words that was unleashed on me by all those women but I didn't relent and finally after everything I succeeded,

At one point , I wanted to go with my mum at least to show that I had no ulterior motive but then again I thought to myself, you can do this on your own and I am glad I overcame.

I began the process in mid 2018 and it was not until it late 2018 that my application was granted, I then proceeded with the rest formalities and I took my daughter home, she was 3 when I adopted her .

The first thing I did when we got home was to change her wardrobe, I took her shopping and bought two big boxes filled with clothes and shoes, also bought some female toys and other stuffs.

She was shy at first around me but with time ,she got used to me and became more free with me.

Mehn I must say so far adopting her was one of the best decision I have ever made in my life , I even tattooed her name on my arm, made me more responble in a way cheesy

And also in addition, chicks dig babies, like babies are like ladies' magnet. I never believe those statements to be true till I got my baby, like mehn you need to see the attention I get because of her, I mean we get because of her.

Don't get me wrong, ladies trip and drool over me before she came into my life but the amount of attention I get before her more than doubled cheesy. Before y'all start thinking this is the major reason I am happy I adopted her , let it be known that this is the least reason why I am happy..

All-in all she is God's blessings to me and I bless the day that I made the decision in adopting her.

She is such an Angel and a darling

I love her so much

Fatherhood is sweet

Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by deekseen(m): 10:18am On Mar 24, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
what is your contribution to the rest of the kids still on the street and in the orphanages? I hate negative people raining down on positivity when the sun is shinning.
Read what you wrote up there and compare with what I wrote that you quoted. Who is filled with hate and negativity?
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by yunqdady: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
deekseen:

Read what you wrote up there and compare with what I wrote that you quoted. Who is filled with hate and negativity?
Get out. Hater
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Eketem: 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
With years of experience I can categorically say this story is a lie.

1. Single people under 35 cannot adopt this is because some get married and their spouse may not want the child and you have some wanting to return the child. At 35 it is assumed that they will not be impressionable who want to please a spouse at all cost.

2. Single people who adopt must adopt a child of same gender. So a male under 35 adopting a female child is false.
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
StPete:

I am being a realist. Many of the men who slept with their kids (most are usually not their biological kids) didn't find them sexually appealing as toddlers. That a young boy like yourself opted for adoption at a young age doesn't seem the least natural. I presuppose there is more to this case than meets the eye. I however congratulate you on your selfless endeavour

Lol there Is always a MOTIVE for everything done In this Life, Abi no be Men again. If he had gone for a BOY, People will be less suspicious or no Suspicion at all. Someone "V Citizen" already raised the Issue earlier on the front page but Most people feign Ignorance lol. The thing Is we Humans knows ourselves very well but we must keep on being an Actor & Actress that our designers created us to be grin Well whatever the Case maybe, I'm Outtahere Mhen..grin
Re: My Experience Adopting A Child In Nigeria As A Young Guy by RepoMan007: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
Fruit vs seed. Seed guarantees continuation but fruit is for savouring.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Parents Are Against Me Getting Married / 62-year-old Nigerian Woman Delivers Triplet After 33 Years Of Marriage (photos) / My Colleague's Husband Stresses His Wife Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.