Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? (22186 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by OChimex: 9:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:
Good morning N'landers, I will make this post as brief and concise as possible.

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.

First, what you did is nowhere seen as hurting so badly and abominable. That you needed financial help so badly which the said mom wanst helpful and instead of you ruining your school you sort help else, is never seen as something a parent can't forgive their child for.

Any parent who says he or she can never forgive their child is not fit to be a parent.

One thing about these so called born again and too strictly religious people is their love for vindictiveness, unforgiveness and anger.

You don't need to beg her anymore. You did nothing abominable. The money was to save your schooling.

Just tell her her sins in her face. That if she calls herself a child of God but never forgives, let her know that the god she says she worships won't forgive her her own sins. Quote bible for her about the importance of forgiveness to our worship to God. Reminds her the line on our Lord's prayers "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And finally remind her that she go be like that parable wey Jesus talk about a certain slave owing a debt so big that even if he and his entire family is sold they wont be able to repay, yet his master forgave him, then his fellow slave wey they owe him small money he come say make them throw am into prison.

Tell her say make she take am easy cause her case go be like that slave, say the master come change mind say he no forgive am again.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
rickleye:
hmm - You need to have a sit with your mum and inquire exactly what the Issue is.
If it is about the source of money - then plead the blood on the money and use it. Doesn't Paul say something about eating food set aside for idols. Is God printing money in Heaven ? No - Money is this world's currency - we do not know the source of any money, if it has been used to snot coke or from kidnappers, so mummy should chill.
You never asked to be brought into this world.. she did ,now you have not mentioned your dad but until you have come of age, she's has to take care of you.
So far, I have calculated N9,000 that the uncle gave you " reluctantly" . You will certainly need more to complete your studies, how is mummy going to cover that. So sit down with her face to face and outline your budget and inform her you did it out of need not want.

If you send me your report, I'll donate N5k to your studies.
Thanks for your concern....I'm almost through, currently writing my final papers so I don't have the intention of asking anyone for money anymore, my only remaining expenses is just my project which I will definitely find a way to sort out.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 9:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
Yaks02:

This was exactly what was happening to me, I kuku dropped out.... I'm planning to go for part time sha
Its well bro, God will help us just stay strong

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 9:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Better man up or you'll find yourself stuck with your mom and trust me she go frustrate your life if u unable to get a job after school.
All I have I respect and love for my mom, she's not the domineering type even reason why I'm still surprised at her reaction.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by AutoChick4U(f): 5:31am On Sep 11, 2021
Supreme145:

All I have I respect and love for my mom, she's not the domineering type even reason why I'm still surprised at her reaction.
OK this is good. Just seek guidance and look for a problem to solve, therein lies ur financial answers
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by igbowoman: 7:02am On Sep 11, 2021
Why is she this superstitious?
I hope she loses that mindset fast .
Tomorrow now one innocent girl will marry you and enter one chance
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by igbowoman: 7:08am On Sep 11, 2021
Supreme145:

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.

Where is your father?
Did he run away from your mother because of her religious craziness?
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Yaks02(m): 2:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Supreme145:

Its well bro, God will help us just stay strong

Amen
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by ehinorlive: 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Supreme145:

at 28 you are trying to lecture you mum by saying is not a physical cash nawaoo. na you cum know pass your mama.

return the money that's just the only way. you may not know what you just did. but in time you will realize it.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2021
alfajohn:
I feel your pain. Are you still in school if yes PM me let me assist you with my widow’s mite
Thanks a lot baba, I got your message
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by mariahAngel(f): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2021
[s]
igbowoman:

Where is your father?
Did he run away from your mother because of her religious craziness?
[/s]

Wicked woman!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women Are Bad Marriage Advisers. / Marrying A Feminist / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.