Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? (22166 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 10, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Omo e fit be spiritual battle between the man and your mum. ...by collecting money from the man, the man dey win 1-0 against ur mom. Probably she saw the scoreboard reason she called you undecided

NLers no dey disappoint cheesy cheesy

Beedude:

Abi o. Even she is broke to provide for her child. Na the bondage affect her too ?

Don't mind her joor. Some parents don't just know the effects of being broke on student's emotion & education. Till now, I still live with some regrets. Poverty brings about delay in many things. If I didn't have to leave school to sort for funds through hustle, I could have done better in school. The best we can do now is ensuring our children don't go through what we went through. Those who never suffered wouldn't see themselves fit in OP's shoes. As a broke student, there are some time you would not mind eating from enemies' table sef.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Beedude(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

At my age I am no longer her responsibility but her reaction was just over the roof. I'm still shocked.
If u are no longer her responsibility she shouldnt be angry at who you got help from.
To whom much is given, much is expected.
If she isnt providing for you, i see no crime in how you get money since you didnt steal it.

Just give her time. She will get over it. Dont overwork your self. Send a text, leave her for like 2 weeks without communicating with her. Na she go call you by herself if truly na she be your mama

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Beedude(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2021
SimplyFacts:

African mentality undecided
If her prayers couldn't provide for your needs or stop you from asking the man for financial help, then your act has nothing to do with her prayers.

The only offense here is betraying her. The problem is that our over-religious mothers are not easy to pacify. May God help you out.
Abi o. Even she is broke to provide for her child. Na the bondage affect her too ?

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by newmoney133: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
ValCon888:
Since it wasn't a physical cash gift, find a way to retrieve the man's account number and resend the money back to him.

Please dont do this.Continue to beg your mum .She will forgive you.If you return the money you would have succeeded in hurting your uncle,his wife,children and any family member your uncle relate the story to.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by membranus: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
My own take is that, sentiments aside, what did she expect you to do or eat at school, when she had no money to give you? To steal or do olosho?

Me I no understand this your mother-daughter relationship at all.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Pumpumking: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
yomi007k:

I don't know. Ask the son.

bro i dint ask u for story.... i ask if she lightskin... she lightskin or not sir? angry
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
Mmadu2:

With all due respect if your mom can't provide food for you and you have to starve for a whole week and you had to skip school for 3 whole months, you have every right to beg for help from a relative or friend even if he's a criminal. No apology!!

I've seen parents allow kids to starve and suffer for no sensible reason. If the reason is genuine then I'd understand.

Parents should stop this level of emotional blackmail and punishing their kids unnecessarily. Imagine her telling you she won't forgive you for life for such a little understandable forgivable matter. That easily proves her Christianity is not genuine.

If she doesn't want you to beg others let her provide for you period. Its her responsibility.

Are you for real?

So his mother should start feeding a 28 year old adult.

Like when is he going to learn to be independent?
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2021
Kuriosmynd:
Give her orgasm
My friend don't be stupid
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 10, 2021
God would excuse you for eating a dead body if you were starving. If truly you went hungry for a week then no amount of juju money would distance you from God. I would say your relationship with your mum isn't the healthiest, it sounds like codependency. Let her feel her feelings because there's nothing you can do about it. Just focus on your schooling and hustle and get her and yourself out of this poverty.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 10, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Are you for real?

So his mother should start feeding a 28 year old adult.

Like when is he going to learn to be independent?

I think you have a point, I missed the part where he's 28 years.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by preciousose(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2021
falcon01:
Mcheew I'm angry at this, the fact that Parents have to Drag children into their superstitious beliefs, and personal Life choices haba!! Buddy, truth is we all need help one way or the other, what you did wasn't wrong and I want you to know Parents make mistake and because they are our parents doesn't mean they are perfect or know it all. Don't feel bad about what you did
God will bless you, the only sensible reply I have seen since.. Person need help, he nor see am from he mama, he must look for any way. So let him fail because his mother is skeptical, this African parenting sef.

2 Likes

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by sandra50(f): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Story..better stop allowing your mother control you..what do you mean by she is praying to know how the man got wealthy,she needs to pray and fine out how she became poor..you are too close to your mother,you tell her everything..at your age?you better start being a man because when you get married there going to be serious fight between your mother and your wife..your mother would want to be telling you what should go on in your home and how to threat your wife and your wife wouldn't like that..that is how mother's make their kids suffer so much when they are no more..allow your kids mix up,you never can tell where their help will come from..you can't help you son and wouldn't allow another do that..I would advice you stop asking the man for help not because of what your mother said but because the help he was accusing you of not asking him looks like a burden to him now after sending ordinary 9,000 to you..you need to start being a man..your mother has so much control in your life and it's bad..since she started the prayer she didn't see anything ooo it's not that you collected money from that guy that everything spoilt..
Supreme145:
Good morning N'landers, I will make this post as brief and concise as possible.

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by ModelLook(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2021
Pray over it. Nothing will happen to you and give it time. The Bible says

"There is No Enchantment (Spell) against Jacob, Neither is their any Divination against Israel" Numbers 23 vs 23.

Meaning that nobody can charm we the children of God with any Spell, Sorcery, Charm, Omen, Enchantments Or Juju (Like u all call it).

GOD has already said. It will only work for you if only you believe. That's how the things of our GOD works. It's called FAITH.

Send that Bible verse to her every day for 7 days. Let her know you are equipped with the word of God.

She is just acting out of fear. The moment she sees you are strong in Faith and in the word of God. She will calm down becos your strength and faith in the power of God will ignite and rekindle hers and all will be alright.

How do I know?
Let's just say, I know.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Justbehave(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2021
Still searching for how you hurt your mum. All these mummies pet sef
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by sandra50(f): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2021
My point too..don't drag your kids into those story..imagine someone praying to know how someone got rich but haven't been able to find out how she became poor..no the guy should have died of hunger..you no fit help and you still dey form boss.
falcon01:
Mcheew I'm angry at this, the fact that Parents have to Drag children into their superstitious beliefs, and personal Life choices haba!! Buddy, truth is we all need help one way or the other, what you did wasn't wrong and I want you to know Parents make mistake and because they are our parents doesn't mean they are perfect or know it all. Don't feel bad about what you did

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Supreme145(m): 10:20am On Sep 10, 2021
Ayoleeboy007:
but you self you dey final year you still dey broke I can't imagine myself broke in my finals
I know your type, just because you succeeded where others failed doesn't make you special, it might be grace or luck...be calming down, na person wey never see they say make them show am
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Lamasta(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Please how do I pacify her and get her to forgive me? I really love my mom and can't bear to see her this heartbroken.
Have you ever bothered to ask your mum why she is refusing you to seek help outside even when you are in dire need of it? Her response will go a long way to justify your actions
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Aurelius1(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

She knows my struggles but she didn't have, I only called the man because I had exhausted other options
Would she have preferred you sit at home and miss lectures and assignments? The heart of man is too proud. A closed mouth, they say is a closed destiny. You did nothing wrong in asking for help. Many years ago that was how a lady living close to me died. She had malaria, plus she had no money on hand because her husband travelled to the village. Instead of asking for help from neighbours, she stayed indoors. You know those kind of ladies who love keeping malice and enmity. Na when her body change naim she send her children to ask for help from neighbours. By then it was too late. She died that same day.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Lostchild(m): 10:31am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145

Poor men
Poor mentality

If a rich man refuse to help, poor men will say he doesn't help.

If a rich man gives money to those poor folks he know, they will say he has used their dead stars

If a rich man is living around poor men, they will say he is a ritualist.

As for me, I will only help strangers and not those I know.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by tujays(m): 10:33am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Some months ago while I was home on break from school, I visited one of my in-laws that owns a school to introduce a software to him for his school. The man complained that I was too distant from him, citing how I never call him or ask him for favours whenever I'm in school. I told him I will reach out to him more often.

I told my mom about my visit and she told me without mincing words to resist collecting money from the man. My mom is the religious type and has been skeptical about the man's source of wealth.

When school resumed things were difficult at home and I couldn't resume school. I spent close to three months after resumption at home due to lack of funds.
Note that since my admission from my first year to my final year, I've never asked any relative for help no received any help from anyone aside my immediate family.

I lost my resolve not to ask for help when my project supervisor called me and scolded me over the phone for my inability to resume school. I sent the man a text soliciting for help, he sent me 5k which I added to the little I had and resumed school. I didn't tell my mom because I knew she won't be happy about it.

In school things were so hard for me, during a particular period I went almost one week living on just water, that period I'm sure I would eaten food sacrificed to a deity if I had access to one. I called the man again and he reluctantly sent me 4k after many calls and text messages.

This early morning I got a phone call from my mom, she was crying over the phone. She was hurt and said I betrayed her because I went behind her back to collected money from a man she told me to avoid. She said that singular act of mine has destroyed all her efforts and prayers to break us free from bondage. I tired to explain that the money wasnt a physical cash hence it has no effect on me but to no avail. She said I've broken her for life and she would never forgive me.

I have a very close relationship with my mom and everything she told me really hurt me and I'm confused on the action to take. I am 28 but I hardly hide anything from her, I didn't tell her about the money because I know she wouldn't approve of it and I needed it. This is the first time any relative has contributed to my education ever. I don't even know how she got to know.

Sorry to say this, but from my experience your mom is a typical Nigerian Narcissist mother who is trying to manipulate you to the fact that she's your mother and you must do as she wishes. my mom has same traits as your mom, my eyes got opened to her manipulative ways when I was 30 and above. she's a very churchy woman and always reminding us on how she can lay curse upon us if we disobey her but she won't, even though the devil is trying hard to push her to do it when we annoy her or disobey her. she wont provide your basic needs 100% and ask you to go on your knees in prayers to ask God. at 28 your mom still thinks you are a kid and tries to play with your emotional Intelligence to keep you that way. If you don't break loose from a typical Nigerian mom manipulation you would end up marrying the wrong woman or your marriage will be full of problems coz of your mom. know this and know peace. you are a man and grown enough to know what's good enough for you.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Emmyreal4(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2021
Lostchild:
Supreme145

Poor men
Poor mentality

If a rich man refuse to help, poor men will say he doesn't help.
If a rich man is living around poor men, they will say he is a ritualist.

As for me, I will only help strangers and not those I know.
help me..... I'm a stranger.

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by dinomcjohn: 10:37am On Sep 10, 2021
Op, first and foremost, pray to God for forgiveness on your disobedience. Then meet your mum and beg her. You betrayed her in spite of her advice. Pls do not hurt your mum anymore. Our Mums are angels sent by God to care for and nurture us. With prayer, every intended evil will be destroyed. I believe your Mum knows that too. Look beyond your mistakes and look more unto God
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by candidbabe(f): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Thank you....I will keep begging her, because all my struggle is to put smiles on her face. I just hope she forgives me.

Never underestimate love of a mother
I am a living testimony.
Beg her she will forgive you.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by usagee36: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2021
Have you graduated?
Supreme145:

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by teemy(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

I share your sentiment reason I collected the money because I don't see how someone can alter my destiny with money I withdrew from the ATM, I never knew she would react this way. I'm just concerned about her feelings

Confirm from mumsi if she didn't get involved in something of a ritual that has a weakness of collecting money from relatives. Saying as much as not forgiving you seems a bit far-fetched unless there was quanta between them before now. Be careful how you ask that question o.

Either way, work your hardest and develop skills that will really give you good earnings to break off from the rat race. Your work, your effort, your success. Let no man determine your height in life.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Emmypure: 10:44am On Sep 10, 2021
Same thing happened to me when I was in school, one man gave me money I didn't tell my mom
I was shocked how my mom find out after one week,she says it was revealed to her spiritually
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by sisisioge: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2021
Let her pack well jare....them Christians confused folks that will pray to God for favour, when God sends them favour they will still reject it. Will He come from heaven to give you what you want? Does she want you to die of hunger? You are a good son biko,let her not confuse your life with her confusion. Be good,be kind and God will sort you.

Upon all her prayers, na she dey penury while the person she wonders about is doing well. May God help all these evil minded "christians" jare. I'm sorry dear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by hahn(m): 10:51am On Sep 10, 2021
Supreme145:

Your mom is simply delusional.

If she had sent you money you wouldn't have had need to ask someone else.

If her god is any good it would have provided funds for you to eat without having to beg a family friend.

Face your life and leave your mom to her delusions.

Nigerian mothers are crazy like that undecided

1 Like

Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Roseey0(f): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2021
At 28

Wake up bro.
You should be giving that woman money not the other way round.
Just beg and give it sometime to sink in. See her physically and beg no be by phone. Explain how things be.

You better be careful. Your type go do rituals for money o. You always knew he was diabolic but hunger made you take money from him.
Learn to look around you to see things you can do to survival.

i have a sales boy who still comes to work for me when sapa hold him like this. Thats what I expect a hardworker should do, rather than calling a diabolic uncle for help.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by VULCAN(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2021
God Bless You!

You took the words out of my mouth.

Everything you said is 100% correct

Mmadu2:
Sorry I thought he's just a small boy in school. I didn't know he's 28 years. I missed that part.
Re: I Hurt My Mom Badly, How Do I Pacify Her? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 10, 2021
which one is physical or spiritual cash Baba money na money..
Person way sapa don hold hostage say make him find account resend money back to the man as to what end? What about the 5k way him first collect? Because his mum is emotionally hurt? When he was at home many months how much was he's mum able to raised for him? No dey used emotions judge matter bro.
ValCon888:
Since it wasn't a physical cash gift, find a way to retrieve the man's account number and resend the money back to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marriage Without Bride Price / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / Must The Husband Be 100% Responsible For The Family Bills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.