Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home (20650 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Cousin9999: 11:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Don't marry a clown.

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
mariahAngel:
A steady happy home is not by luck.
To have a happy home, you have to create the environment for happiness to thrive.
Communication. Understanding. Compromise. Patience. Tolerance. These are some of the ingredients to having a happy home.
Never letting a matter linger for too long without addressing it.
Also, knowing when you’re wrong and apologizing.
Let me add that where the Prince of Peace is, there can be no strife. Invite the Prince of peace into your home and you'll enjoy a happy and peaceful home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2021
A lot of fluffy words in this thread.

To me, a wife (or female for those that are not married) has a bigger part to play and more sacrifices to make in getting as close as possible to a happy home.

Obviously there are some relationships where the male has lost his way and there is nothing the female can do.

The smart women know how to get their way without it looking like they are doing so.

The not so smart ones somehow believe they can forcefully get their way through angry outbursts.

Even when this seemingly works, it builds resentment and slowly pushes the husband away. Most times into the arms of another female.

It is well with all our souls.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2021
Lollittaa:

Let me add that where the Prince of Peace is, there can be no strife. Invite the Prince of peace into your home and you'll enjoy a happy and peaceful home.
I am afraid the Prince of peace disagrees with you on that one lipsrsealed
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.
35 I have come to make this happen:
A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in
-law.

36 Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37 “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me. - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 37
He did not come so that you can have a happy home. That belief is based on myth and not His Truth. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

To me, a happy home is solely down to the wife (or female for those that are in not married)

The smart ones know how to get their way without it looking like they are doing so.

The not to smart ones somehow believe they can forcefully get their way through angry outbursts.

Even when it seemingly works, it builds resentment and slowly pushes the husband away. Most times into the arms of another female.

How is it well with your soul when you relegate the work to be done to the wife and wife alone? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by SenatorInNigeria(m): 12:24am On Sep 12, 2021
I sit my wife down and talk to her about important matters in a polite way. Even if I dey vex, it helps all the time.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Noshitboi(m): 12:32am On Sep 12, 2021
mariahAngel:
To have a happy home, you have to create the environment for happiness to thrive.
Communication. Understanding. Compromise. Patience. Tolerance. These are some of the ingredients to having a happy home.
You are right. About knowing when you are wrong and apologizing, some days back, a neighbour told me how my wife mistakenly locked our 7months old baby inside the house. Wifey was outside. It was the neighbour who helped her to unlock the door with a hammer. Wifey never told me all these until yesterday, 5 days after. Her own version of the story was quite different from the neighbour's. When I told her what the neighbour said, instead of her to apologise she instead attacked and started yelling at me. She never accept her wrongs and she'll never say sorry.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by fkj950ax(m): 1:03am On Sep 12, 2021
phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.

Neither Luck nor is it Character.

Both parties need to agree to make it happy.
My excesses. Your flaws. When we have. When we don't. Standards for children. Rules for family. Rules for friends. Financial sharing formular for CAPEX and Recurring Expenditures.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Johel(m): 1:10am On Sep 12, 2021
phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.

It's all about character and maturity.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kingluqman(m): 1:49am On Sep 12, 2021
mariahAngel:
Why you no add money grin
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Munzy14(m): 2:05am On Sep 12, 2021
mariahAngel:
You've said it all.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Happy home is a product of work. Consistent, intentional hard work from both parties.

If we are being honest, already, she's scared of marriage(the challenges and problems that come with it). Then, to throw in these unique and unusual circumstances? It's daunting and overwhelming, even though she likes what she sees(when you remove the imperfections undecided)

She has consistently assured the man of his safety with her. She's loyal. She's not perfect, but she's willing.
The woman wonders if she's safe with the man, in every way. Physically, emotionally, psychologically......every-ally.
Most especially if he would constantly embarrass her by going back to his numerous women and make a show of it.
If he's capable of offering the level of commitment and closeness she desires.

As for obstacles, obstacles can be moved.
He's not even alone in that aspect. For her, it's the optics, especially. A decision she would have to defend over and over again. An argument that would never end, and don't people love to twist and turn and spin narratives.

Yet, she's willing to go through it.
But only if what's on the other side is a safe haven.
Let it not be that she will cross into it and then get burned.

Hope she's understood and has been able to communicate her heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by deltateam: 5:01am On Sep 12, 2021
phemmylink:

For you to 'enjoy' your marriage, you must focus on the brighter sides always. You must ignore or overlook some behaviours. You must not go 'sniffing' on phones.

Develop a thick skin, build on your temperament. Women can be very annoying. I must say.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by cococandy(f): 6:13am On Sep 12, 2021
Treat your partner the same way you expect her to treat you. That’s formula
aswani:

To me, a happy home is solely down to the wife (or female for those that are in not married)

The smart ones know how to get their way without it looking like they are doing so.

The not to smart ones somehow believe they can forcefully get their way through angry outbursts.

Even when it seemingly works, it builds resentment and slowly pushes the husband away. Most times into the arms of another female.

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by coputa(m): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are the married the only ones to enjoy this happy home you speak of? undecided

There are single- Parents and single folks out there who would also describe there homes as just that, happy. Why focus on just the married? undecided
A home comprises of the man,his wife and child(ren)
A bachelor doesn't have a home, ditto, single parents, they are homeless.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by coputa(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2021
deltateam:

For you to 'enjoy' your marriage, you must focus on the brighter sides always. You must ignore or overlook some behaviours. You must not go 'sniffing' on phones.

Develop a thick skin, build on your temperament. Women can be very annoying. I must say.
Compactibility is the key,The areas you are compatible with your partner should be more than those you are not.
If you like lick each other ass,or pretends that all is well,it's a matter of time,it will collapse
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Ramanto(m): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2021
MufasaLion:

It's a place you live especially with family, loved ones, or anyone close to you.
Home is actually a feeling and not a place. Feel at home,bro.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by deltateam: 8:14am On Sep 12, 2021
coputa:
Compactibility is the key,The areas you are compatible with your partner should be more than those you are not.
If you like lick each other ass,or pretends that all is well,it's a matter of time,it will collapse

Compatibility is not enough for a long lasting marriage.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by MufasaLion: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2021
Ramanto:

Home is actually a feeling and not a place. Feel at home,bro.

Yes, it's a feeling and most people have that feeling when their loved ones are around them.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How is it well with your soul when you relegate the work to be done to the wife and wife alone? undecided

Whilst not ideal, the dynamics of a marraige is such that the woman has to work harder (e.g. overlook things) to keep the marraige together.

Thankfully not as hard as the previous generation generation and thankfully less than the next

That part of my post that you highlighted was admittedly badly worded and I will look to amend if not remove it as it detracts from my main point.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2021
cococandy:
Treat your partner the same way you expect her to treat you. That’s formula

I cannot agree more cococabdy and as I explained to Kobojunkie, the dynamics of a marriage are such that there is an imbalance.

I am going to amend that post as the spirit in which I wrote it hasn't come through.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

I cannot agree more cococandy and as I explained to Kobojunkie, the dynamics of a marriage are such that there is an imbalance.

I am going to amend that post as the spirit in which I wrote it hasn't come through.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by phemmylink(m): 11:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Noshitboi:
You are right. About knowing when you are wrong and apologizing, some days back, a neighbour told me how my wife mistakenly locked our 7months old baby inside the house. Wifey was outside. It was the neighbour who helped her to unlock the door with a hammer. Wifey never told me all these until yesterday, 5 days after. Her own version of the story was quite different from the neighbour's. When I told her what the neighbour said, instead of her to apologise she instead attacked and started yelling at me. She never accept her wrongs and she'll never say sorry.

Egbon surulere
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

the dynamics of a marriage are such that there is an imbalance
An imbalance of what? ..
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

Whilst not ideal, the dynamics of a marraige is such that the woman has to work harder (e.g. overlook things) to keep the marraige together.

Thankfully not as hard as the previous generation generation and thankfully less than the next

That part of my post that you highlighted was admittedly badly worded and I will look to amend if not remove it as it detracts from my main point.
What you described is not a marriage but a job assigned to the woman. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
coputa:
A home comprises of the man,his wife and child(ren)
A bachelor doesn't have a home, ditto, single parents, they are homeless.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by mariahAngel(f): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Munzy14:

You've said it all.

You’re feeling much better now?

I ñuchaala ogwu gi?
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What you described is not a marriage but a job assigned to the woman. undecided

Institution of marraige is unfair to women anyway (name change, polygamy, unbalanced child rearing responsibilities).
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Noshitboi(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
phemmylink:

Egbon surulere
No be everybody be yoruba nah. Which one be egbon surulere
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I [s]am afraid the Prince of peace disagrees with you on that one lipsrsealed
He did not come so that you can have a happy home. That belief is based on myth and not His Truth.[/s] undecided
In your bid to argue blindly, you forgot what the title implies. And the verse you quoted, completely out of context. He was prophesying the persecution of the early Church. Go and read about what happened to Christians between 1 and 3rd century AD and see the prophecy came true.
Kindly resist the urge to quote me.

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lollittaa:

In your bid to argue blindly, you forgot what the title implies. And the verse you quoted, completely out of context. He was prophesying the persecution of the early Church. Go and read about what happened to Christians between 1 and 3rd century AD and see the prophecy came true.
Kindly resist the urge to quote me.
The title only applies in His Kingdom, not in your home as He made it quite clear to you and others like you in that text from Matthew 10. undecided

Jesus Christ was not prophesying but instead making it clear as day to you don't abandon your worldly delusions of a home, you can never be worthy of Him and His Kingdom. undecided

Try to take Jesus Christ at His Word please, so you don't keep ascribing your worldly ideas and delusions to Him. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.