Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home (20646 Views)

Parents Who Share The Same Room With Their Kids, Do You Feel Okay? / Anambra Widow Sleeps Outside After She Was Thrown Out Of Her Home By Relatives / Meet Anna And Lucy DeCinque, Identical Twin Sisters Who Share The Same Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:
Institution of marraige is unfair to women anyway (name change, polygamy, unbalanced child rearing responsibilities).

Marriage is not in any way unfair to women....it is instead men's ideas of marriage that leaves an unfair situation for the women. undecided

* Women don't need to change their names in marriage - in South Korea for instance. Women keep their names even after marriage. undecided

* Polyandry is the opposite of polygamy and it too is practiced even in parts of the same Nigeria, i recently learned

* Child rearing ought to be equally shared by both father and mother as it is done in many other cultures across the world. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by meziology: 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
cococandy:
Treat your partner the same way you expect her to treat you. That’s formula
Cococandy add me to the telegram group dear
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Munzy14(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
mariahAngel:

You’re feeling much better now?

I ñuchaala ogwu gi?
Yea...recuperating fast..Just the cough in a bit but subsiding gradually.

Mba...Till tomorrow morning...Then kick start with Multivitamin capsules...

How are you? How your sunday?.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by mariahAngel(f): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Munzy14:

Yea...recuperating fast..Just the cough in a bit but subsiding gradually.

Mba...Till tomorrow morning...Then kick start with Multivitamin capsules...
Ok.

How are you? How your sunday?.

I’m fine. Fine.
Thanks.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by DeRichard(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.

The secret is Jesus Christ. Let Christ rule your home and all will be fine.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Chno: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
You dey motivate me Ajeh
omostar:
I have being happily married for more than 14 years and from my experience, each of the partners should have these characters; patience, prayers, forgivenes, ability to overlook trivial issues. Compassion, empathy, kindness, loyalty, understanding, respect, making the other feel important.

All these may not be present in the early phase of a marriage. However, if you can just hold on to PATIENCE and a few of the above, then you will succeed by God's grace.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Munzy14(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
mariahAngel:

Ok.

I’m fine. Fine.
Thanks.

Welcome.

I sikwara nri sunday.

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is not in any way unfair to women....it is instead men's ideas of marriage that leaves an unfair situation for the women. undecided

* Women don't need to change their names in marriage - in South Korea for instance. Women keep their names even after marriage. undecided

* Polyandry is the opposite of polygamy and it too is practiced even in parts of the same Nigeria, i recently learned

* Child rearing ought to be equally shared by both father and mother as it is done in many other cultures across the world. undecided

Kobojunkie, realism and idealism are two different things. Not sure what more I can say.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

Kobojunkie, realism and idealism are two different things. Not sure what more I can say.
I have you examples from real marriages in this same world we live in, so you living in your delusion where marriage is concerned, does not change the fact of what I have said about your definition being a Job for than a marriage for women. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
DeRichard:

The secret is Jesus Christ. Let Christ rule your home and all will be fine.
I will tell you the same thing I told the other who assumed similar earlier...

I am afraid the Prince of peace disagrees with you on that one lipsrsealed
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.
35 I have come to make this happen:
A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in
-law.

36 Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37 “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me. - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 37
He did not come so that you can have a happy home. That belief is based on myth and not His Truth. undecided

Jesus Christ no be liar , abi? undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by mariahAngel(f): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Munzy14:

Welcome.

I sikwara nri sunday.

Yeah. Thanks.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Bunmhi(f): 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
What I know is that it takes two to Tango, whether by Luck or by character.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have you examples from real marriages in this same world we live in, so you living in your delusion where marriage is concerned, does not change the fact of what I have said about your definition being a Job for than a marriage for women. undecided

Would have loved to debate you on this a bit more but I honestly am struggling to clearly understand what exactly your position is as regards to mine.

For example, I said marraige is unbalanced because (amongst other things) women take the surname of men and you responded by saying in Korea, women keep their surnames.

I honestly don't understand how that negates my point that marraige is unbalanced because women take the surnames of their husbands.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:
Would have loved to debate you on this a bit more but I honestly am struggling to clearly understand what exactly your position is as regards to mine.

For example, I said marraige is unbalanced because (amongst other things) women take the surname of men and you responded by saying in Korea, women keep their surnames.

I honestly don't understand how that negates my point that marraige is unbalanced because women take the surnames of their husbands.
Marriage is not unbalanced, instead what is unbalanced is the society perception accepted by individuals of what marriage is. undecided

You came in suggesting different things applied as far as marriage is concerned, and I attempted to explain that none of those things you listed as far as marriage is concerned. Nothing stops a Nigerian couple from making different choices as far as their marriage contract is concerned. Remember the contract, as defined by God, is between two individuals, and was never intended to be a mirror of societal ideals or ideas. undecided

Marriage is meant to be defined according to the preference of the individuals involved, not as you described it earlier...a Job for the woman. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by aswani(m): 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Marriage is not unbalanced, instead what is unbalanced is the society perception accepted by individuals of what marriage is. undecided

You came in suggesting different things applied as far as marriage is concerned, and I attempted to explain that none of those things you listed as far as marriage is concerned. Nothing stops a Nigerian couple from making different choices as far as their marriage contract is concerned. Remember the contract, as defined by God, is between two individuals, and was never intended to be a mirror of societal ideals or ideas. undecided

Marriage is meant to be defined according to the preference of the individuals involved, not as you described it earlier...a Job for the woman. undecided

Kobojunkie, I honestly appreciate the time you've taken to explain but if I were to be truthful, it's spawned even more questions than answers so I am going to have to tap out.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
aswani:

Kobojunkie, I honestly appreciate the time you've taken to explain but if I were to be truthful, it's spawned even more questions than answers so I am going to have to tap out.
It should spawn questions particularly considering your initial beliefs as far as marriage is concerned. undecided

Mr A's marriage contract does not have to resemble Mr. Bush marriage contract in any shape or form since Mr. A and Mr. B don't even share the same personality traits or ideas as far as life and love is concerned. Same way Mrs. D and Mrs. Z's marriage contract no suppose look the same. undecided

Each couple is meant to design and define their own marriage/contract for themselves, not according to rules set by society especially the Nigerian society where nothing seems to be sitting on its right end even to date undecided

A wise couple will look at the mistakes of other couples and then draft for themselves a contract to resolve many of the known issues and avoid any other . Instead people continue to go into marriage with no same contract their fathers and forefathers did, and then wonder why things continue to go wrong. undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Jeon(f): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lollittaa:

Let me add that where the Prince of Peace is, there can be no strife. Invite the Prince of peace into your home and you'll enjoy a happy and peaceful home.

Get cool get cool get cool, I sing naturally
Softly softly softly, as if I'm above the clouds
I don't know, picking out drinks to buy, two for one
I'll give one to our baby, ha! I'm a hyung with class, right?
On that night, just before I have chicken
I open the box and there's three legs
Right after I eat
Someone rings the doorbell, it's parcel delivery
Ready ready ready, baby
Today may be my lucky day
I'm becoming happier today
Get cool, get cool day
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by DeRichard(m): 6:29am On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I will tell you the same thing I told the other who assumed similar earlier...

He did not come so that you can have a happy home. That belief is based on myth and not His Truth. undecided

Jesus Christ no be liar , abi? undecided

What he meant in that passage is that when it comes to following him and doing his ways people will hate you, especially your family who are not born again because you're not behaving like them. If you're genuinely for Christ the world will hate you especially those of your family. That's what that passage means.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

This passage shows that even good marriage comes from God because all good and perfect gift comes from God only.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by 77star: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2021
following
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
DeRichard:

What he meant in that passage is that when it comes to following him and doing his ways people will hate you, especially your family who are not born again because you're not behaving like them. If you're genuinely for Christ the world will hate you especially those of your family. That's what that passage means.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

This passage shows that even good marriage comes from God because all good and perfect gift comes from God only.
What He meant? undecided

Again, read it and this time, no special interpretation magic... just apply basic English language comprehension skills given to you by God..

] I will tell you the same thing I told the other who assumed similar earlier...

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.
35 I have come to make this happen:
A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in
-law.

36 Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37 Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.’ - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 37

The Same Jesus Christ also told you in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom. undecided

Jesus Christ did not come so that you may have you a happy home and good marriage like the one you assume. Jesus Christ no be liar , abi? undecided
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by DeRichard(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What He meant? undecided

Again, read it and this time, no special interpretation magic... just apply basic English language comprehension skills given to you by God..

] I will tell you the same thing I told the other who assumed similar earlier...

The Same Jesus Christ also told you in Luke 20 vs 34 - 36 that your marriages are of this world and not of His Kingdom. undecided

Jesus Christ did not come so that you may have you a happy home and good marriage like the one you assume. Jesus Christ no be liar , abi? undecided

Jesus Christ came to make things better for us. No man can truly understand the spiritual meanings of the Bible without the Holy Spirit being in that person.

You need to be born again before the Holy Spirit can reveal the true meanings of the Bible to you except if the Holy Spirit wants to convict you of your sins to repent.
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by Kobojunkie: 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
DeRichard:

1. Jesus Christ came to make things better for us. No man can truly understand the spiritual meanings of the Bible without the Holy Spirit being in that person.

2. You need to be born again before the Holy Spirit can reveal the true meanings of the Bible to you except if the Holy Spirit wants to convict you of your sins to repent.
Wrong!

1. Jesus Christ came for those who are weary of this world and looking instead to becoming Sons of God. He didn't come so you can continue with your life and desires of this world. He came to liberate you from God's curse and judgement from the beginning so you can begin to live and serve God instead. undecided

2. Being born-again simply means you have entered the Kingdom of God -John 3 vs 1 - 8 - either through the broad gate that many will find which leads to destruction or through the narrow gate which only a few will find that leads to true life - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. ALL those who will end up in Hell at the end of the day are also born-again, and being born of Spirit does not mean one is baptized by the Holy Spirit. Instead it means one has acquired a spirit of one's own , like the demons and angels have. undecided

Only those who go on to, through continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, know the Truth wll becomes Sons of God, Holy/Perfect vessels capable pf housing the one called the Holy Spirit, this since they are no longer slaves to sin - John 8 vs 31 -44. .
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by babra19: 8:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
No it doesn't
Understanding comes first, understanding boost more love in a relationship.
bepositive11:

Don't you think that love is what makes someone seek to understand?
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by bepositive11: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
babra19:
No it doesn't
Understanding comes first, understanding boost more love in a relationship.

I think it's debatable. As for me, I'm more understanding towards people I love and care about. Love is what drives me to be more patient and understanding
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by babra19: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2021
Your perspective for now, with time you will realise that understanding comes first.
bepositive11:

I think it's debatable. As for me, I'm more understanding towards people I love and care about. Love is what drives me to be more patient and understanding
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by bepositive11: 9:00am On Sep 16, 2021
babra19:
Your perspective for now, with time you will realise that understanding comes first.

We are two different beings with two different opinions. Nothing wrong with that

1 Like

Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by babra19: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2021
Till then, bye for now.
bepositive11:

We are two different beings with two different opinions. Nothing wrong with that
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by DonroxyII: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
phemmylink:
Baby mama's and single mothers everywhere! Divorce is the talk of the town everyday, Yet some are enjoying their Marriage.... What is the in thing, what is the secret recipe of marriage or home.
Happy home is never by luck but by Hardworking and Commitment to making it work from both partner .... Once either or both of you ain't committed, bad luck set in !

Devil loves to lurk around good homes any slight chance, she steps in !
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by bepositive11: 3:57am On Sep 17, 2021
babra19:
Till then, bye for now.

I have thought about this a little deeper

I feel that it goes both ways. Sometimes, loving someone makes you more considerate and understanding. And sometimes, being more understanding makes the love grow deeper

Sometimes though, being understanding makes you realize that it's better for the sake of your own sanity to stop loving them or to love them from a distance if they are toxic to you
Re: Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home by babra19: 6:57am On Sep 18, 2021
Okay
bepositive11:

I have thought about this a little deeper

I feel that it goes both ways. Sometimes, loving someone makes you more considerate and understanding. And sometimes, being more understanding makes the love grow deeper

Sometimes though, being understanding makes you realize that it's better for the sake of your own sanity to stop loving them or to love them from a distance if they are toxic to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Cross River Kills 2, Injures 4 Family Members. Photos / The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / Conditions For Divorce In Christianity, and [Some Legal] Grounds for Annulment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.